• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Man Who Slapped a Female Reporter’s Butt on TV is a Christian Youth Leader"

Skwim

Veteran Member

Considering the abundance of sexually abusive religious leaders is anyone surprised? Of course not.

"Over the weekend, during the Savannah Bridge Run 10K in Georgia, a local TV anchor was discussing the race when the live camera caught one of the joggers slapping her [butt] as he ran by. The footage went viral both because of the shocked reaction on her face and the disturbing fact that the culprit, whoever it was, seemed to touch her so casually. Like it was a normal thing to do.

It didn’t take long for the internet to figure out who the man was. Through the images available and his racing number, the man’s identity was quickly discovered. And wouldn’t you know it, he’s a Christian youth leader.

Tommy Callaway of Pittman Park United Methodist Church has since been banned from all future Savannah Sports Council races. He fessed up to the actions, though his lawyer’s statement needs a lot of work.

While we regret the situation, Mr. Callaway did not act with any criminal intentions. Tommy is a loving husband and father who is very active in his community. We have been in touch with WSAV and representatives for Ms. Alex Bozarjian, as well as members of Savannah law enforcement. We do not expect any criminal charges to arise from this incident, and we are working with those involved to correct the situation.
Sure. Loving husband. Devoted father. Christian leader. And the sort of ******* who slaps random women on the butt because it’s just hilarious."
source

It's almost as if such deviants are part and parcel of religion. The Christian religion anyway.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
But...if a woman does that to a man...
Is it okay, right?

I am talking about double standards here...
Would a woman be vilified likewise?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Is it okay, right?

I rather doubt it. But so what? If women take it as an offense then it's an offense regardless of how a man would feel in a similar circumstance.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I rather doubt it. But so what? If women take it as an offense then it's an offense regardless of how a man would feel in a similar circumstance.

I am saying I condemn what he did...
But I do think males are too vilified nowadays for actions that will be excused if they are committed by women.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Is it okay, right?

Probably not, because it would not be seen as physically threatening.

It might be seen as treating the man as a sexual object, but few men (in my experience) really mind that from a woman. Many would be rather flattered. Again, this because there is little or no physical threat associated with it.

The whole thing is that there is a basic asymmetry. Men since the dawn of time have used physical force, or other forms of power, to gain sexual favours from women, because men have always been both physically and socially more powerful. Just think of the cartoon cliche of the caveman with a club. It still goes on, in the boardrooms of corporations, in Hollywood film studios, or wherever.

I know nowadays we are all meant to be treated equally, but this asymmetry has not gone away.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Probably not, because it would not be seen as physically threatening.

It might be seen as treating the man as a sexual object, but few men (in my experience) really mind that from a woman. Many would be rather flattered. Again, this because there is little or no physical threat associated with it.

The whole thing is that there is a basic asymmetry. Men since the dawn of time have used physical force, or other forms of power, to gain sexual favours from women, because men have always been both physically and socially more powerful. Just think of the cartoon cliche of the caveman with a club. It still goes on, in the boardrooms of corporations, in Hollywood film studios, or wherever.

I know nowadays we are all meant to be treated equally, but this asymmetry has not gone away.
The result is identical. I would feel bothered and disgusted if a lesbian touched me or even slapped me.
And as for sex drives, there are many nymphos out there ...so let's stop with this lie that males are hornier than females...please.

And yes...since females can become Prime Minister...the asimmetry has gone away

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it okay, right?

No it is not okay for a woman to do the same to a man.
Keep your hands and feet to yourself is something taught in kindergarten.

Pertinent to the man in question, he should face all the social fall out coming to him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No it is not okay for a woman to do the same to a man.
Keep your hands and feet to yourself is something taught in kindergarten.

Pertinent to the man in question, he should face all the social fall out coming to him.
Right...I expect a woman who does that to be vilified likewise.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Reminds me of a youth pastor from a church I attended as a young child. He ended up having a "relationship" with one of the older kids in Awana. He was kicked out as a youth pastor, but the kid's parents never pressed charges. They kicked her out of their house instead. My parents left that church not long after that happened.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Are you aware of any examples of a woman doing the same thing? Regardless of any other factors, the reaction to something will be influenced by how commonplace it is. This wasn't a rare incident at all, it just happened to be caught on camera this time.

Yes...when I was at high school...my female classmates, knowing I was not into females they used to harass me, to tickle me, and to slap my bottom just to annoy me.
And it was really bothersome. I had to inform the headmistress.

PureX

Veteran Member
I am saying I condemn what he did...
But I do think males are too vilified nowadays for actions that will be excused if they are committed by women.
The thing is, these behaviors are pretty much never committed by women. So your point is basically irrelevant.

RESOLUTION

Considering the abundance of sexually abusive religious leaders is anyone surprised? Of course not.

"Over the weekend, during the Savannah Bridge Run 10K in Georgia, a local TV anchor was discussing the race when the live camera caught one of the joggers slapping her [butt] as he ran by. The footage went viral both because of the shocked reaction on her face and the disturbing fact that the culprit, whoever it was, seemed to touch her so casually. Like it was a normal thing to do.

It didn’t take long for the internet to figure out who the man was. Through the images available and his racing number, the man’s identity was quickly discovered. And wouldn’t you know it, he’s a Christian youth leader.

Tommy Callaway of Pittman Park United Methodist Church has since been banned from all future Savannah Sports Council races. He fessed up to the actions, though his lawyer’s statement needs a lot of work.

While we regret the situation, Mr. Callaway did not act with any criminal intentions. Tommy is a loving husband and father who is very active in his community. We have been in touch with WSAV and representatives for Ms. Alex Bozarjian, as well as members of Savannah law enforcement. We do not expect any criminal charges to arise from this incident, and we are working with those involved to correct the situation.
Sure. Loving husband. Devoted father. Christian leader. And the sort of ******* who slaps random women on the butt because it’s just hilarious."
source

It's almost as if such deviants are part and parcel of religion. The Christian religion anyway.

What was obvious to myself is the woman was standing in the way of the runners and their path. I believe the other runners before hand had really tried to give the hint and eventually someone nailed it on the head. A slap on the bottom is better than being pushed over by an exhausted runner. She should have stood outside the path of runners. The woman was causing an obstruction to the runners I wonder if a woman had slapped her butt, would she still be complaining? Some people take things too far.

HonestJoe

Yes...when I was at high school...my female classmates, knowing I was not into females they used to harass me, to tickle me, and to slap my bottom just to annoy me.

And it was really bothersome. I had to inform the headmistress.
That kind of bullying is a significant (arguably worse) problem but it isn’t really the same as the OP incident. We’re talking about someone deciding to slap/grab the backside of a complete stranger on the street. I’m certainly not saying women never do anything like that but I am saying that kind of thing is much, much more common from men and the commonality influencing the response.