• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Man Bun....Downfall Of Civilization?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I learned watching a Boondocks extra, you can say certain other words (such as the word that is about every other word Riley says), but you can't say gay. But I don't know if that goes on the older thingies where a character can say gay or even *** (I learned how that word functions in TV from South Park), they just have to be gay for it to not be censor bleeped.
Makes no sense to me.
Language & society evolve in fits & starts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Language & society evolve in fits & starts.
It's this idea that a word that means the same regardless is ok for one group to say but not another. Or not at all, sometimes, as apparently it's not OK for Ru Paul to say tranny.
People are strange just because they're strange. No need of self-strangeness required.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's this idea that a word that means the same regardless is ok for one group to say but not another. Or not at all, sometimes, as apparently it's not OK for Ru Paul to say tranny.
People are strange just because they're strange. No need of self-strangeness required.
There is no fairness in racially or genderly charged language.
The right to diversity & degree of insult is directly proportional
to one's rank in the Victim Olympics. It's why you can't speak
like Riley....at least not without being pelted with feces.