• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Love of Most

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if the love of most has grown cold is the end of some relationship near?

MNoBody

if the love of most has grown cold is the end of some relationship near?
that would infer that love was ever a roaring fire that has grown cold, which it has never been on this planet's history.
so how could it grow colder when it was never warm to begin with?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
that would infer that love was ever a roaring fire that has grown cold, which it has never been on this planet's history.
so how could it grow colder when it was never warm to begin with?

luke 12:49

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No, that's just being a decent person.
being decent is judgement/choice. its what the golden rule implies what is expected for self is expected of all.

cosmopolitan

wickedness is doing to others what you wouldn't want for self.

tribalism

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
being decent is judgement/choice. its what the golden rule implies what is expected for self is expected of all.

cosmopolitan

wickedness is doing to others what you wouldn't want for self.

tribalism

I see no mention of love in that.

MNoBody

luke 12:49
the Egyptians had the same ideas, just phrased slightly different....

and, how does one stir up a fire when there is an "iron hand" that crushes it out....
so, how to increase a "fire' when there is an active suppression system in place that retards the development?
any bright ideas?

ChristineM

Premium Member
the word isn't there. common sense isn't necessarily common because some find it contemptible.

I think you and i believe differently about the meaning of love. I see it as very different to "like" or even "really like".

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the Egyptians had the same ideas, just phrased slightly different....

and, how does one stir up a fire when there is an "iron hand" that crushes it out....
so, how to increase a "fire' when there is an active suppression system in place that retards the development?
any bright ideas?

egypt is metaphorically known as the furnace. in alchemy the mettle is purfied from the mundane.

out of egypt i called my son

ChristineM

Premium Member
i think we do too.

you have a much more restricted view of it; which is naive.

friendship and friendly is the ultimate form of love. friend literally has its etymology in love

doesn't matter what the relationship is; if it isn't friendly it isn't decent

No way restrictive, simply not given freely like its 10 a penny, love is serious and meaningful. But feel free to fool yourself in to thinking love is cheap.

Friendly is not necessarily love but love is always friendly

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No way restrictive, simply not given freely like its 10 a penny, love is serious and meaningful. But feel free to fool yourself in to thinking love is cheap.

Friendly is not necessarily love but love is always friendly
i don't see love as cheap. you're already using contemptible terms in reference to love. i see it as a infinite/bottomless well from which i draw.

i see it in other species too. they probably don't know what the word love is either but they definitely know a kindly vs unfriendly thing when they see one.

ChristineM

Premium Member
i don't see love as cheap. you're already using contemptible terms in reference to love. i see it as a infinite/bottomless well from which i draw.

i see it in other species too. they probably don't know what the word love is either but they definitely know a kindly vs unfriendly thing when they see one.

Tell me, do you respect the rapist, the murderer? I would think not, respect must be earned. Respect is a large part of love.

As for contemptible...

you have a much more restricted view of it; which is naive.

Waasup, comeback not to your liking?