• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lord's Prayer...What are we Praying For?

2ndpillar

It is usually those who have read the Bible and put their own interpretation on it, and when Paul's writings don't gel with what they wanted to believe, they accused his of being a heretic and lose a good deal of the Christian scriptures as a result. Without Paul, Christianity is half baked IMO. He clarifies so many details, especially about death and resurrection. He dealt with many issues and by his own example showed us how to conduct ourselves as disciples of Christ. He was recognized as a follower of Jesus by Jews and also and as an Apostle by the other Apostles.

"Christianity" is the religion instituted by the Roman emperor Constantine, and officialized by the Roman emperor Theodosius, and built on the foundation of the false prophet Paul, and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17) Peter, the "two horns like a lamb" (Revelation 13:11), who were to help "deceive those whole dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14). As for the conduct of Paul, simply look to his writings. Romans 7:25, "with my flesh", I serve "the law of sin". Romans 7:17-18, "I know nothing good indwells in me", "so no longer am I doing it, but sin which indwells in me". Those who read Scripture through the lenses of Paul's writing, are on a broad and twisted path (Matthew 7:13) which leads to "destruction".

2ndpillar

If the other apostles accepted Paul as a genuine Apostle (though never one of the 12) then that is good enough for me.
If Peter knew that Ananias and Sapphira had held back some money from the sale of their field, then holy spirit would surely have informed them that Paul was a fake.

Acts is supposedly written by Luke, who according to Luke 1:1-3, witnessed nothing, but simply wrote down stories from other non disclosed sources. A good source for much of Luke stories, such as of Ananias of Damascus, well may have been his supposed associate Paul. As for any of the disciples outing the "tares", such as Paul, that was forbidden by Yeshua in Matthew 13:28-29. Keep in mind that the testimony of Yeshua is the Spirit of prophecy/the Spirit of God (Revelation 19:10). And no apostle accepted Paul, except by the testimony of Paul and his associates, and the unknown author of 2 Peter.

2ndpillar

If Paul is missing from your worldview, then I really have nothing further to say on the basis of Matthew 25:40 and 45. Whatever you do to Christ's brothers, you do to him. I believe Paul to be a brother of Christ, chosen to share rulership with him in his Kingdom.

Matthew 25:40 was with respect to feeding and clothing the hungry and naked (Matthew 25:35-36). As for Paul, the "ravenous wolves" dressed in sheep's clothing (Matthew 7:15), Yeshua says, "I will declare" "I never knew you"... "you who practice lawlessness" (Matthew 7:23).

pearl

Back in the middle to late 60's a mother came to work having red-hot with anger.
She told us her child who graduated Catholic grade school and now started at Catholic High School.
The child came home from High School and told the mother they could forget all about Genesis.
Genesis was just stories for children.
Afterwards, when I told this to an older Catholic cousin of mine she said that was right.

What had taken place was the implementation of Vat II. and the critical interpretation of the Bible that included myth legend etc. as a vehicle to relate the truth the author intended.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Matthew 25:40 was with respect to feeding and clothing the hungry and naked (Matthew 25:35-36). As for Paul, the "ravenous wolves" dressed in sheep's clothing (Matthew 7:15), Yeshua says, "I will declare" "I never knew you"... "you who practice lawlessness" (Matthew 7:23).

Those ravenous wolves 'dressed in sheep's clothing' are the false clergy of Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.

2ndpillar

Those ravenous wolves 'dressed in sheep's clothing' are the false clergy of Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.

Apparently, Acts, supposedly written by Paul's associate Luke, is Paul's own soap box, and Acts 20, with respect to Paul on his way to Jerusalem (Acts 20:22), is where Paul called on his Lord Caesar for his salvation from the Jews (Acts 22:25), Paul deflects from the fact that he is of the "lawless" (Matthew 7:23) "ravenous wolve" (Genesis 49:27)/false prophets of the tribe of Benjamin, with "rotten fruit" (Matthew 7:18) and refers to the Jews as "savage wolves" (Acts 2:29). From the "Dead Sea Scrolls", apparently it was the Jews from Qumran who pledged to kill (Acts 23:12) the liar Paul. Apparently, they weren't aware of the order of protection placed on the "tares", made by Yeshua in Matthew 13:27-29. As for "clergy", such as leaders, and teachers, it was Paul who set them up under the subterfuge that "Christ" set them up (Ephesians 4:11), which is counter to what Yeshua spoke in Matthew 23:8-10, but helped fulfill Ezekiel 34:1-3, with respect to the shepherds who would not feed the sheep.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
So many church goers pray the Lord's Prayer (The Our Father) rountinely in their church service, but how many actually understand what the words mean?

Matthew 6:7-13

7 “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. 8 So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

9 “Pray, then, in this way:

‘Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. 10 ‘Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. 11 ‘Give us this day our daily bread. 12 ‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 ‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [ For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.’ ]
(NASB)

For those who were raised in Protestant churches, the closing words in brackets are not part of the original Prayer, but were added later. Some might be surprised about that.

So....what does the Lord's Prayer mean, and did Jesus actually tell us to repeat that prayer?
What was he telling us to pray for? Is the order of our requests important?

It means get to the point all alone instead of looking holy by spewing "holy" words. "Hallowed be thy name:" Love your God..."Thy kingdom come...on earth as it is in heaven:" Create an earth that will be like heaven. Bring the kingdom is what my pastor said. "Give us this day our daily bread:" We depend on God for the material things we need. "Forgive us our debts...:" Love your neighbor as yourself and all that goes with it. "Lead us not into temptation...: " Help us to be wise and not stumble.

Keep it Simple, Stupid.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Is English your first language? If not why call Jesus by his Greek name when he was not Greek? Yeshua would be more appropriate as it was his name in his native Hebrew.

Iesu's "native Hebrew" is your opinion, not mine. ... Because I've yet to see an ancient fragment of Ioan/Ioannes written in Chaldean... er... Hebrew. Apparently you have, eh?
As to first languages in general...

The name of the Son of God is Iesu in Cymraeg.
Y Bibl Cyssegr-lan; sef, Yr Hen Destament a'r Newydd. ... : British and Foreign Bible Society : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

William Owen Pughe tells us in his Dictionalry of the Welsh Language, vol. 2, in his Annex on the Characteristics of Welsh ...

A Dictionary of the Welsh Language, Explained in English;

... that the Hebrew language has been greatly modified over the hundreds of years… and for those who don't know, what what passes itself off as Hebrew is actually Chaldean.

As a side note, it seems that "Celt" means nothing more than "woodsman", and that the Sclavonic people are responsible for the blondism in Hallstatt ... and in Caesar's Belgae and in Prydain. I wonder why the Slavs aren't angry about not getting any credit? Even poor Ridgeway gave the Achaeans... to the Nordics. Because if the Sclavonics were Celts and made Hallstatt... which just happens to be in their neighborhood, btw... then they're probably the same ones who also invaded the Peloponnese and Troy and Crete... bringing iron weapons to a war against bronze age people. And Pughe calls the Sclavonics Goths. All of which answers a few loose questions, for me.

Pughe's Welsh Dictionary is a must-read for those who want to know language, in general.IMO

Last edited:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
Without Paul, Christianity is half baked IMO.

If Paul is missing from your worldview, then I really have nothing further to say on the basis of Matthew 25:40 and 45. Whatever you do to Christ's brothers, you do to him. I believe Paul to be a brother of Christ, chosen to share rulership with him in his Kingdom.

Because you think that what Iesu says is half-baked without Paul, you're in the
same boat with Paul, and therefore, certainly cannot be thought of as friends of God.

Iesu tells us point blank that we will believe in Him because of
what the Disciples Iesu was praying for (in John 17) would teach.

(...... and that ain't Paul, period .......)
Your Paulinist world view has vicarious salvation as the masthead
... ... ... with "all things are lawful" as the wind in its sails. ... ... ...

------------------ Been there, done that... woke up. ----------------------

Last edited: