• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lord's Justice and Cosmic Irony

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I believe that the Lord's justice is best seen through cosmic irony. This seems to hold true for my life at least. It's as if the Lord has blessed me with several opportunities to be able to fully appreciate the consequences of my actions. I'll do wrong, or think wrong, and I can see the karmic energy I create. I watch it as that energy materializes into the physical world. Cosmic retributions brought on me are tit for tat in regards to the sin I committed. In this way the good Lord educates me.

Oh Lord! I have ceased my daily prayers and meditations. I have stopped burning incense and sage in your presence. I have stopped reading Your Bible. I have stopped educating myself, and have fallen into a state of religious apathy. Yet You still seek me out. You still show me Your love and discipline. When my partner comes to me and tells me they have cheated, I smile. In my head, I thank you, for I know you are punishing me for adulterous thoughts. I am happy, because you have allowed me to see the karmic energy from those thoughts materialize. Though I have stopped seeking you, you still see me fit for discipline! Oh Lord, I thank you for your discipline. Through it, you teach me still, though I stray.

PureX

Veteran Member
I can't tell if this is irony, sarcasm, passive-aggressive resentment, or sincere (but twisted) humility. Your partner cheated and you blame yourself because you had lustful thoughts about others, and now you're thanking your God for the "sideways punishment"???

I'd be kicking both that God AND that partner to the curb! And then I'd thank the real God for showing me that they were both full of sh**.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
When my partner comes to me and tells me they have cheated, I smile. In my head, I thank you, for I know you are punishing me for adulterous thoughts.

Ehm, no. Your partner cheating is not the fault of thought. Do not blame yourself for others people misdeeds.

Oh Lord! I have ceased my daily prayers and meditations. I have stopped burning incense and sage in your presence. I have stopped reading Your Bible. I have stopped educating myself, and have fallen into a state of religious apathy. Yet You still seek me out. You still show me Your love and discipline. When my partner comes to me and tells me they have cheated, I smile. In my head, I thank you, for I know you are punishing me for adulterous thoughts. I am happy, because you have allowed me to see the karmic energy from those thoughts materialize. Though I have stopped seeking you, you still see me fit for discipline! Oh Lord, I thank you for your discipline. Through it, you teach me still, though I stray.
This supposed form of a prayer is incredibly hypocritical. Because it draws out emotional standpoint and perspective of circumstances which you would claim came from God but you yourself would of caused it. The point is that while God is in control He doesnt mess with intentional freewill.