• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

Actually no. The context was John being in the presence of Jesus in the heavenly Sanctuary. The term "the Lords day" is not a reference to the second coming the Greek meaning is to the Lords's the day God claims ownership over.

For those who claim it to be Sunday is also a mistake...

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23
The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.
According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.
Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

Take Care
Your response here...
Irrelevant from my POV. Lord is the Creator of Time, hence Lord is beyond Time, hence "Lord's Day" says nothing about Lord's preferences
Your view is not supported by scripture. Please read the post you are responding to before posting. The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23. The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.
Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

Take Care.

3rdAngel

M9nday is the first day of the week.

.don't matter tho...when us a go to bed China is waken up and starts a new day....wtf
According to the scriptures Sunday is the first day of the week. (Matthew 28:1). Not sure what you are talking about here for the rest of your post.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Christians I ask refer to Acts 20:7 saying Paul set the example of preaching on the first day of the week. Also it being a celebration of the day Jesus rose.
  • Exodus 20:7 7, ¶ And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
According to the scriptures Gods people met together everyday of the week breaking bread together after the resurrection of Jesus (see Acts 2:46-47)
  • Acts 2:46-47 46, And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47, Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
That does not make every day of the week a holy day of the week where no work should be done now does it? Also, if you notice the scripture you quoted in Acts 20:7 all it says is that the disciples were meeting together on the first day of the week because Paul was leaving them the next day to travel to Jerusalem. It says nothing anywhere that Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day" or that Sunday is more important than any other day of the week. Once again there is no scripture anywhere in the bible that says Sunday is "the Lords day". This is a man-made teaching and tradition that is not supported in the scriptures.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
There is not a single scripture you have provided in your post here that does not say Jesus is not God.

Once again your post does not address anything in the post and scriptures you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. I will let scripture do the talking here once more. As posted a little earlier, your post Soapy are your words and claims Soapy unsupported by scripture. Then we have the scriptures disagreeing with your claims that the apostles did not call Jesus God here.... Then you have these scriptures that disagree with your interpretation of what you posted above...

The disciples and scripture calling Jesus the God of creation...
  • John 20:28 28 Thomas answered him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!”
  • Titus 2:13 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
  • Hebrews 1:1-2;8 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • Hebrews 1:8 8 BUT TO THE SON HE (the father) SAYS "YOUR THRONE O GOD (Jesus) IS FOREVER AND EVER, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
  • Matthew 1:23 23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name IMMANUEL WHICH MEANS GOD WITH US.
  • John 1:1-4 ;14 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • 2 Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVOIR JESUS CHRIST
  • John 8:58 Jesus said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.” (Aramaic)
  • 1 John 5:20 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son JESUS CHRIST HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
All of the scriptures posted above disagree with everything you posted word for word in this forum Soapy. Your response is to ignore all the scriptures shared with you that are in disagreement with you. Now who should I believe and follow; Soapy? or Gods Words (scripture) -Easy one for me. Sorry I do not believe you Soapy. I prefer the scriptures you pretend do not exist that are in disagreement with you. For me I believe we are better off just to simply believe what the scriptures say word for word, rather than pretending they do not exist.
Take Care.
You said: “There is not a single scripture you have provided in your post here that does not say Jesus is not God.”

Well, in fact, they ALL say that Jesus is not the Almighty One True God, Yahweh; The Father.

3rdAngel

You said: “There is not a single scripture you have provided in your post here that does not say Jesus is not God.”

Well, in fact, they ALL say that Jesus is not the Almighty One True God, Yahweh; The Father.
Please do not be dishonest @Soapy. There was not a single scripture you posted that says Jesus is not God. Yet nearly every scripture posted to you in post # 2289 linked that you refuse to respond to and do not address says that Jesus is God word for word. You are having difficulties understanding scripture, because you do not understand the oneness of God (three in one -plural).

Take Care

Last edited:

Soapy

Please do not be dishonest @Soapy. There was not a single scripture you posted that says Jesus is not God. Yet nearly every scripture posted to you in post # 2289 linked that you refuse to respond to and do not address says that Jesus is God word for word. You are having difficulties understanding scripture, because you do not understand the oneness of God (three in one -plural).

Take Care
Why are you talking of ‘Honesty’?

There are no better cases of dishonesty than those you post as ‘proof’ that Jesus is God… You even claim Jesus is God where Jesus says that he didn’t call himself ‘God’… and where Jesus calls his Father, “The only true God’.

But, of course, since you cannot say that Jesus is ‘Almighty God’, it stands to reason that there is some other underhanded reason you only say ‘Jesus is God’… since: ‘There are in the world many who are called God(s). But to the true Christian, there is only one God; the Father!’

So, here are three challenges for you:
  1. Who do you say is the only true God?
  2. Who do you say is Almighty God?
  3. Which ‘God’ is Jesus going to wherein he states to the disciples, “I am going to MY GOD AND YOUR GOD”?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
You failed to understand the deep meaning in my reply

3rdAngel

Why are you talking of ‘Honesty’?

There are no better cases of dishonesty than those you post as ‘proof’ that Jesus is God… You even claim Jesus is God where Jesus says that he didn’t call himself ‘God’… and where Jesus calls his Father, “The only true God’.

But, of course, since you cannot say that Jesus is ‘Almighty God’, it stands to reason that there is some other underhanded reason you only say ‘Jesus is God’… since: ‘There are in the world many who are called God(s). But to the true Christian, there is only one God; the Father!’

So, here are three challenges for you:
  3. Which ‘God’ is Jesus going to wherein he states to the disciples, “I am going to MY GOD AND YOUR GOD”?
When scriptures says word for word that Jesus is God there is not higher proof. On the other hand you have not provided a single scripture saying Jesus is not God but references to Jesus calling God the father God. Yet nearly every scripture posted to you in post # 2289 linked that you refuse to respond to and do not address says that Jesus is God word for word. As posted earlier is seems you are having difficulties understanding scripture, because you do not understand the oneness of God (three in one - plural).

Soapy

When scriptures says word for word that Jesus is God there is not higher proof. On the other hand you have not provided a single scripture saying Jesus is not God but references to Jesus calling God the father God. Yet nearly every scripture posted to you in post # 2289 linked that you refuse to respond to and do not address says that Jesus is God word for word. As posted earlier is seems you are having difficulties understanding scripture, because you do not understand the oneness of God (three in one - plural).
If Scriptures says word for word that Jesus is God then scriptures would not also say that Jesus is a man who was consecrated by God.

And I do understand the oneness of God - God is exactly that; One… not three!!
  • “Hear, O Israel, Yahweh, your God, is one God”
  • “I am YAHWEH (God) and there is none other like me”
  • “I, alone, created all things; I stretched out the heavens and set the boundaries of the seas against the land” (paraphrased)
  • “Thou shalt have no other God but me!”
  • “There is ONE GOD: The Father…”
  • “one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.” (Even Jesus says: ‘The things I do are because of the Father working in me’, and ‘The things you hear me say are NOT MY WORDS but those of the Father who sent me!’
In any case, you prove yourself as posting deceitfully by not answering to the three questions I asked you.

So, here are those three challenges for you, again:

3rdAngel

If Scriptures says word for word that Jesus is God then scriptures would not also say that Jesus is a man who was consecrated by God.

And I do understand the oneness of God - God is exactly that; One… not three!!
  • “Hear, O Israel, Yahweh, your God, is one God”
  • “I am YAHWEH (God) and there is none other like me”
  • “I, alone, created all things; I stretched out the heavens and set the boundaries of the seas against the land” (paraphrased)
  • “Thou shalt have no other God but me!”
  • “There is ONE GOD: The Father…”
  • “one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.” (Even Jesus says: ‘The things I do are because of the Father working in me’, and ‘The things you hear me say are NOT MY WORDS but those of the Father who sent me!’
In any case, you prove yourself as posting deceitfully by not answering to the three questions I asked you.

So, here are those three challenges for you, again:
The only true God is plural. When scriptures says word for word that Jesus is God there is no higher proof that Jesus is God. On the other hand you have not provided a single scripture saying Jesus is not God but references to Jesus calling God the father God. Yet nearly every scripture posted to you in post # 2289 linked that you refuse to respond to and do not address says that Jesus is God word for word. As posted earlier is seems you are having difficulties understanding scripture, because you do not understand the oneness of God (three in one - plural).

2ndpillar

The only true God is plural. When scriptures says word for word that Jesus is God there is no higher proof that Jesus is God. On the other hand you have not provided a single scripture saying Jesus is not God but references to Jesus calling God the father God. Yet nearly every scripture posted to you in post # 2289 linked that you refuse to respond to and do not address says that Jesus is God word for word. As posted earlier is seems you are having difficulties understanding scripture, because you do not understand the oneness of God (three in one - plural).
I don't know, it took until the year 380 A.D. for the Roman emperor to make that decision, and then call for a church council to ratify his decision in 381 A.D. I don't think that fact puts a good light on your presumptions. It is the dogma of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, for whom Theodosius declared as the basis for the legitimate Imperial religion after cancelling its counterpart Arian point of view.

Soapy

Since you have now refused to answer me two times now, I conclude that you are unable to answer due to the fact that you have no answer to go against truth.

There are no other scriptures which say Jesus is not God except the one where Jesus SAYS HE IS NOT GOD….!!!

And that is because NO ONE EVER THOUGHT that Jesus WAS GOD. In fact, even the verse where Jesus says, ‘I did not call myself God’, the reality is that the claim was claiming that Jesus was ‘MAKING HIMSELF EQUAL TO GOD’.

Here, it is not even claiming that Jesus WAS GOD, but only (falsely) claiming to be EQUAL to God - which is impossible since GOD has NO EQUAL…

There is no such thing as someone in the USA being EQUAL TO the President of the USA… there is no such thing as someone in the UK being EQUAL TO the King of the UK.
————————————
Here are those three challenges for you, again:
When you answer each and all three points asked, then I will answer any question you ask me.

Soapy

Is ‘One’, plural?

Soapy

I don't know, it took until the year 380 A.D. for the Roman emperor to make that decision, and then call for a church council to ratify his decision in 381 A.D. I don't think that fact puts a good light on your presumptions. It is the dogma of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, for whom Theodosius declared as the basis for the legitimate Imperial religion after cancelling its counterpart Arian point of view.
Be Warned…

Do not expect any cohesive or relevant answers from 3rdAngel. The poster, 3rdAngel, is only here to provoke controversy. The tactic is to counter anything said that is not trinitarian and then try to frustrate you by claiming you did not answer something he never actually asked you - and continue to claim you never answered even if you did. He thinks it’s just fun but doesn’t realise that in the greater scheme of things, his soul is in grave danger as he continues to seeks to mislead those who are seeking the truth.

3rdAngel

Is ‘One’, plural?
Yes indeed. You do err not knowing scripture...

ONE PLURAL GOD?
Compare with these scriptures here (there are more but we can use these as examples)...
  • Deuteronomy 6:4 4, Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is ONE GOD
  • Genesis 2:24 24, Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and THEY SHALL BE ONE FLESH.
  • Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, BEHOLD, THE PEOPLE IS ONE, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
  • Genesis 34:15 16, Then will we give our daughters to you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and WE WILL BECOME ONE PEOPLE.
  • Exodus 12:49 49, ONE LAW shall be to him that is home born, and to the stranger that sojournes among you.
  • Exodus 24:3… all THE PEOPLE answered with ONE VOICE
  • Judges 20:8 ALL THE PEOPLE arose as ONE MAN
Are in harmony with...
  • John 10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE
  • Matthew 28:19 9, Go ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST
  • 1 John 5:7 “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and THESE THREE ARE ONE."
  • Genesis 1:26-31 26, And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
You do err not knowing the scriptures...

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Be Warned…

Do not expect any cohesive or relevant answers from 3rdAngel. The poster, 3rdAngel, is only here to provoke controversy. The tactic is to counter anything said that is not trinitarian and then try to frustrate you by claiming you did not answer something he never actually asked you - and continue to claim you never answered even if you did. He thinks it’s just fun but doesn’t realise that in the greater scheme of things, his soul is in grave danger as he continues to seeks to mislead those who are seeking the truth.
You mean by warned, @Soapy does not believe scripture and will not address any scripture or questions that are in disagreement with him.

3rdAngel

Since you have now refused to answer me two times now, I conclude that you are unable to answer due to the fact that you have no answer to go against truth.

There are no other scriptures which say Jesus is not God except the one where Jesus SAYS HE IS NOT GOD….!!!

And that is because NO ONE EVER THOUGHT that Jesus WAS GOD. In fact, even the verse where Jesus says, ‘I did not call myself God’, the reality is that the claim was claiming that Jesus was ‘MAKING HIMSELF EQUAL TO GOD’.

Here, it is not even claiming that Jesus WAS GOD, but only (falsely) claiming to be EQUAL to God - which is impossible since GOD has NO EQUAL…

There is no such thing as someone in the USA being EQUAL TO the President of the USA… there is no such thing as someone in the UK being EQUAL TO the King of the UK.
————————————
Here are those three challenges for you, again:
When you answer each and all three points asked, then I will answer any question you ask me.
Please do not be dishonest @Soapy. There is no scripture anywhere in the bible where Jesus is saying He is not God. If you disagree post me a single scripture in all the bible with Jesus saying He is not God? If there is no scripture anywhere in the bible with Jesus saying He is not God why pretend that there is?

Once again your post does not address anything in the post and scriptures you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. I will let scripture do the talking here once more. As posted a little earlier, you have not provided a single scripture that says Jesus is not God. Yet scripture says word for word that Jesus is God. So who should we believe; Soapy? or God? I know who I choose to believe and follow and it is not you. For me only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them. Gods Word (not mine) says this about Jesus being God.
  • John 20:28 28 Thomas answered him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!”
  • Titus 2:13 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
  • Hebrews 1:1-2;8 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • Hebrews 1:8 8 BUT TO THE SON HE (the father) SAYS "YOUR THRONE O GOD (Jesus) IS FOREVER AND EVER, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
  • Matthew 1:23 23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name IMMANUEL WHICH MEANS GOD WITH US.
  • John 1:1-4 ;14 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • 2 Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVOIR JESUS CHRIST
  • John 8:58 Jesus said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.” (Aramaic)
  • 1 John 5:20 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son JESUS CHRIST HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
All of the scriptures posted above disagree with everything you posted word for word Soapy. Now who should I believe and follow; Soapy? or Gods Words (scripture) -Easy one for me. Sorry I do not believe you Soapy. I prefer the scriptures you pretend do not exist that are in disagreement with you. For me I believe we are better off just to simply believe what the scriptures say word for word, rather than pretending they do not exist.

Take care.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Be Warned…

I don't know. 3rd angel comes across as a female and not a male. Being old school, and not into modern "woke" culture, I could be wrong, but then again, the "woke" cannot define what a women is. At least "they" should probably reduce their intake of soy products. I don't know the specific reasons why people do what they do, other than Revelation 13:14 says they are "deceived". On the other hand, when one follows "false prophets" down the wide road, they still wind up being led to "destruction". Without the power of Rome to help them in their cause, I think all they have is their sophistry to try and win souls to their point of view. The current "woke" administration is trying to prove me wrong. The Progressives have gone from using the KKK as their military arm to the BLM, and now to the IRS and the department of Health. The "end" comes when the fruit of the "wicked", the followers of the "false prophets", becomes so rotten, that the sky starts to fall (Revelation 16:21 & Matthew 7:13-23).

Soapy

Yes indeed. You do err not knowing scripture...

ONE PLURAL GOD?
Compare with these scriptures here (there are more but we can use these as examples)...
  • Deuteronomy 6:4 4, Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is ONE GOD
  • Genesis 2:24 24, Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and THEY SHALL BE ONE FLESH.
  • Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, BEHOLD, THE PEOPLE IS ONE, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
  • Genesis 34:15 16, Then will we give our daughters to you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and WE WILL BECOME ONE PEOPLE.
  • Exodus 12:49 49, ONE LAW shall be to him that is home born, and to the stranger that sojournes among you.
  • Exodus 24:3… all THE PEOPLE answered with ONE VOICE
  • Judges 20:8 ALL THE PEOPLE arose as ONE MAN
Are in harmony with...
  • John 10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE
  • Matthew 28:19 9, Go ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST
  • 1 John 5:7 “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and THESE THREE ARE ONE."
  • Genesis 1:26-31 26, And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
You do err not knowing the scriptures...

Take Care.
No no no… You do err in your interpretation of what you are saying.

There is only one truth. It is this ONE TRUTH that Jesus and the Father are in. The verse is not saying that Jesus and God are ONE PERSON.

‘Here, O Israel… ‘ is saying that there is only ONE GOD, which is YAHWEH. I ask you then, whom else are you claiming is God a ONE GOD with as given in the context of the verse?
Was Moses not telling the Israelites that they must believe in only ONE GOD, and not as the pagans believe, as in MULTIPLE GODS?

Are you seriously trying to say that Moses was claiming that YHWH was THREE PERSONS?
And which THREE PERSONS were they that Moses told the Israelites to believe in?

1 John 5:7 is so debunked that it shows that you do not know your scriptures (Well, that was not even a question looking at your previous and ongoing posts…! It was evident in itself that you know nothing but to claim falsely due to your unwillingness to testify to the truth - your purposefulness in expressing falseness.)

‘Let us make man…’ - God was speaking to the angel who came to be known as ‘Satan’. Satan created the body of Adam but it’s God who blew the spirit of life into the lifeless body of Adam so that Adam “became a living Soul”.

So, if you are claiming that Satan and God are ONE BEING then … well, ‘May God admonish you’ and show you the truth!!!

Soapy

I don't know. 3rd angel comes across as a female and not a male. Being old school, and not into modern "woke" culture, I could be wrong, but then again, the "woke" cannot define what a women is. At least "they" should probably reduce their intake of soy products. I don't know the specific reasons why people do what they do, other than Revelation 13:14 says they are "deceived". On the other hand, when one follows "false prophets" down the wide road, they still wind up being led to "destruction". Without the power of Rome to help them in their cause, I think all they have is their sophistry to try and win souls to their point of view. The current "woke" administration is trying to prove me wrong. The Progressives have gone from using the KKK as their military arm to the BLM, and now to the IRS and the department of Health. The "end" comes when the fruit of the "wicked", the followers of the "false prophets", becomes so rotten, that the sky starts to fall (Revelation 16:21 & Matthew 7:13-23).
You could well be right about the gender of 3rdAngel (just saying!). There is a kind of robust and unadulterated sadness in the contents of his/her posts that point to incredible blindsightedness which comes from the way I’ve seen others of certain gender think and behave.

There is the repeated theme:
  • Deny EVERYTHING the opponent says
  • Claim the opponent hasn’t answered a/many question supposedly asked in previous posts even if no question was even asked
  • Continually demand a response to such real or illusionary questions and say there will be no answer unless the opponent answers first (which is ridiculous if no question was ever asked or the question was already answered!)
  • Make huge, overinflated, multi-versed bulleted verses which are hugely irrelevant
  • Completely ignore parts of an opponents posts that are factually true - don’t let the opponent know that they have shown the truth (or, actually state that the presented truth is false!!!)
It seems that 3rdAngel is playing a devils advocate a little too willingly.