• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

AdamjEdgar

I've come back to this thread and what I'm reading has me a bit miffed...what is being argued here?

Very clearly GOD is both a single entity and multiple persons. Can you people not see that?

We have a large number of Bible references that clearly identify God in this manner. Seems to me that some individuals are wallowing around demanding the word Trinity in the Bible l...you won't find that word.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I am asking for your evidence for your statement that “It is simply the errant selection by the TRINITARIAN translators who were commanded to make an object into a person for the sake of trinity belief”. Stop running, Soapy.
Stop copying 3rdAngel with this ‘show evidence’ or I might start doing that to you!

The evidence is that the translations do not make any sense when the wrong word is used but if makes perfect sense when the right translated word is used. The Trinitarians were desperate to claim Jesus as God so they were made to every way to make it seem so : This is why Jesus says in the book of Revelation that there will be serious consequences for those who do this very thing!!

Are you really trying to say that you do not know that there are errors in the scriptures as written (not what was TAUGHT before they were written over 10’s of years afterward ? Are you saying that Jesus prophesied incorrectly that it would be so…? And you heed not that it is so!!!??
The Greek? You think the O.T. was translated from the Greek?
The Old Testament Hebrew doesn’t have capitalisations either - what are you trying to squirm away from???
Stolen? Are you sure this is the word you want to use?
What’s wrong with ‘Stolen’? ‘Borrowed’, Is that better?
'Three person entity'? Another strawman. Not what I said.
Nah! You are just upset that YOUR straw man has just been burnt down…. Trinity means THREE… and trinitarian belief is that there are THREE PERSONS (entities) who are an impossible ONE GOD!!

But how do you describe YOUR god?
The word Godhead, like many other words used by Christians, is not to be found in the scriptures. I thought you would be aware of this…
Oh, wow! You are actually admitting that there is no such thing as ‘Godhead’ in scriptures!!! My my, you have dipped your toe in the river of truth, at last!
No. That's not why it is taught by Trinitarian
Hmmm… that’s what all Trinitarians say when they are found out - it’s a classic ‘get out of jail card’ method.
I repeat, the Holy Spirit is the very opposite of a computer; God is the very opposite of a robot. Therefore, your analogy is inadequate at least, and ignorant at best.
What you just said just proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

God created a physical structured world within the incorporeal spirit world: “In my Father’s house there are many mansions…!”

God put an image of himself into that created world to manage and rule over it.

We, in turn, create electronic worlds inside computer structures and put images of ourselves (Avatars!) into those worlds because we are ‘Gods’… we are like God who creates and gives life to that which he creates… our SPIRIT is in those avatars just as the Spirit of God is in His human creation.

If you cannot understand this simple analogy (a reality, is more correct!) then please do not engage in this part of the discussion because clearly it is not given to you to have understanding in these matters!
Please provide your evidence for saying that most Trinitarians deny that Christ is the new Adam.
What are you on? I said over and over in many many threads and post exactly what scriptures says - that Jesus Christ is the ‘Last Adam’. This means that Jesus was created in the same way (metaphorically speaking) in that a lifeless ‘body’ was inspirited through the power of the spirit of God and became a sinless, righteous, and holy living Soul. Adam, the first Adam, sinned, so a SECOND ‘Adam’ was required - and since no other ‘Adam’ would ever be created, Jesus was also, therefore, the LAST ADAM.

If you cannot understand this either, it makes sense that you cannot understand graver and deeper matters in scriptures.
1. How does anyone claim anything? They simply state what they believe. Do you mean 'why' rather than 'how'?
2. All of your needless capitalization and excess !!!!s only serve to make you look foolish and to diminish your ability to discuss in an adult fashion.
3. You claim that I believe that Jesus is secondary to God. But I do not believe this. You must be running out of straw, Soapy.
Are you keeping your god a secret because you dare not expose the nonsense you would have to claim?

Or are you one of those who claim Jesus IS GOD: is Father: Is the Spirit of God??

Come on - out with your definition ….!
OK, I'll help you out: There is a huge, eternal difference between 'gods' and 'God'. 'gods' never lead to truth; God always does.
Oh, you are so naive!! ‘God’ is a TITLE. A title can belong to many persons or entities. The Egyptians had many God, the philistines had many gods, the Greeks, the Romans, the Hittites, the Canaanites, etc…. all believed in multiple Gods. Even the ONE GOD that the Jews believed in called men of godly glory “GOD’s”, holy angels are called “Gods”….

The reason we read “God” concerning the Jews in scriptures, is because since the Jews only believed in ONE GOD they did not need to GIVE OR USE A NAME when referring to Him!! They simply referred to Him by his TITLE in short “only … God…. of the Jews’. Do you not notice that when any OTHER GOD is referred to their NAME is used to identify them.

And I know what you are thinking: NO!! A GOD is a DEITY that it’s believed to be a spiritual RULER. So they DO NOT HAVE TO BE REAL…. They simply requires BELIEVING ON…. Remember the Golden Calf made by the Israelites: Exo 32:23 & 32:31 - ‘They have made themselves Gods of gold’.
(Interestingly enough, all the translations says ‘GODS’ (plural) even though ONLY ONE CALF IDOL was made!!)

Wow!! Who is teaching you? … sack them!!!
Classic transference. The ‘repetitive deceitful methodology’ originates with SZ and yourself.
(But I think I know why you refuse to respond to #1873 /1874. ;))
I don’t think you know much at all. That’s why your posts never really go anywhere close to a resolution. After all, with all the errors you are making regarding scriptures, it’s a shame you don’t realise that myriad errors don’t make up for one truth!
************************************************************************************
N.B.

Your words (emphasized) demand an apology. I hope you are man enough to offer one.
***********************************************************************************
Yes, another trinitarianism… so easily offended - so I guess trinity doesn’t teach ‘Turn the other cheek!’… tuh!!

Moreover, what I said was that BOTH YOU AND 3rdAngel ARE WRONG… so if you argue with each other it is like two people both trying to convince each other of something that are both false…

And that offends you?

AdamjEdgar

trinitarian belief is that there are THREE PERSONS (entities) who are an impossible ONE GOD!!
Why is that impossible? Is the mystery of God difficult for you soapy?

The Bible is very clear on the nature of God...that is why there are so many references to the different person in God being exactly that...GOD.

START with Isaiah 9:6.
And Revelation 5:6, Revelation 7:17

There are heaps of texts that provide a description of the nature of God.
One of the big problems here is that the failure of many denominations to keep the Sabbath has clouded the ability of those denominations to provide sound arguments for thing like the trinity and even YEC. This New Covenant tripe erodes away the foundation of the Sabbath and splits the power of God in A manner where God's power is delegated to Jesus in a manner which is independent from God. Therefore Jesus is Lord but not God...despite the biblical references clearly defining him as both Lord and God (see doubting Thomas).

If Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, and by Him, and through Him all things were made...

And we consider in Isaiah (about ch 44 or 45 I think it is) God delegates His authority to NO ONE...
We have Jesus sitting on the throne judging us in Acts 10:42
Hang on didn't Isaiah state God doesn't delegate His authority to anyone? How then can Jesus judge indepeantly of God if He is not also God?

then we have to ask, how can we maintain consistent adherence to the biblical texts about the nature of God when these texts appear to conflict with each other if we take the Unitarian position?

Well that answer is simple...Unitarianism can't reconcile the conflicts because clearly, God is Three persons and One single monotheistic God!

Unitarians end up in a rabbit warren on the nature of God. They end up being forced to explain away the trinity and that is the entire problem with Unitarianism...the explaining away part.

Soapy

I've come back to this thread and what I'm reading has me a bit miffed...what is being argued here?

Very clearly GOD is both a single entity and multiple persons. Can you people not see that?

We have a large number of Bible references that clearly identify God in this manner. Seems to me that some individuals are wallowing around demanding the word Trinity in the Bible l...you won't find that word.
I’m not sure who you posted against or to but please can you show from scriptures where God says he is multiple persons?

And how many persons is/are God?
  1. Moses is called ‘God’ by God
  2. Satan is called ‘God’ by scriptures:
    1. “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” (2 Cor 4:4)
  3. The one true God called holy men ‘Gods’
If God is a plural person God then why is HE referred to in the singular:
  • ‘He’, ‘Himself’, ‘I’, ‘Me’, ‘Mine’
Are you suggesting that Jesus is almighty God…?

Is Jesus the God whose personal eternal NAME is called ‘Yahweh’?

The Son in FLESH is NAMED Jesus with a TITLE of ‘CHRIST’.

What is the NAME of the spirit of God?

You are aware, aren’t you, that ‘God’ is a TITLE which is used for all DEITIES in a religious setting.
So all pagan nation believed in at least one GOD.

And this is where the Trinitarians got their idea: in order to proselytize some pagan nations it would be easier to incorporate their multiple God belief into a multi-deity single God belief! The pagans would have been deeply dismayed to hear of a teaching that a SINGLE DEITY could create all things visible and invisible when their belief was that it took a multiplicity of deities each carrying out different functions as greatly exampled by the Greek mythologies - and, guess what! The scriptures were written IN GREEK by… trinitarians!!!

Now there’s a massive hint!!!

3rdAngel

I've come back to this thread and what I'm reading has me a bit miffed...what is being argued here? Very clearly GOD is both a single entity and multiple persons. Can you people not see that?
Yep agree thanks Adam. It is very clear from the scriptures and even looking at the Hebrew and Greek. Those who believe otherwise refuse to discuss the scripture detail because they do not understand the "oneness" of God (plural)

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: If that were true then you would be able to address the post and the scripture context that show plural application to God that you are quoting from that proves why you are in error that you refuse to discuss. Please forgive me then if I do not believe you. You are rejecting scripture that proves why you are in ERROR instead of receiving God's correction and being blessed.

Keep reading the rest of the post you left out that also addresses Genesis 1:27 and also uses the context you leave out in Genesis 1:26. Micro-quoting will not help you here. Both the context and the Hebrew word meanings of Genesis 1:27 shown in the full post you are part quoting, prove you are in error and that God in Genesis 1:26-27 is plural application. This exposes why your teachings are not biblical. Receive Gods' correction through His Word and be blessed. Ignoring it does not make it disappear. As posted earlier there is not a single section in Genesis 1:26-27 that says a single God created mankind. It is plural as shown again in the full post below you are unwilling to discuss....

:eek:YIKES! You still do not understand the plural application of God. The ERROR is your side but lets further show why if it might be helpful to you. Why are you are ignoring the context and plural application to God in the scripture you provided in Genesis 1:27? Watch very closely as we add the scripture context back into Genesis 1:27 and look at the Hebrew word meanings in Genesis 1:27...
  • GENESIS 1:26-27 26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing. 27, So GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE OF GOD created he him; male and female created he them.
FROM THE SCRIPTURES ABOVE GENESIS 1:26

1. Who is making man? Let US make man (plural) - Genesis 1:26
2. Whose image is man being made in? OUR image - Genesis 1:26
3. Whose likeness is man being made after? OUR likeness - Genesis 1:26

The above shows the plural application to God which is the context of Genesis 1:27. Now lets look at the detail now of Genesis 1:27 in the next verse
  • GENESIS 1:27 27, So GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS THE IMAGE OF GOD created he him; male and female created he them.
So as you can see looking at the above if you do not understand the plurality of God as shown in Genesis 1:26 which is the context you left out of Genesis 1:27 you have a contradiction in your understanding of the scriptures. So what is the solution? It is the context of Genesis 1:27 that shows God as not singular but plural. This is also shown in the Hebrew in scriptures in Genesis 1:27 lets continue and look at the Hebrew meanings of some key words in Genesis 1:27. Lets start by looking at the Hebrew word for God and His here in Genesis 1:27
  • GOD H430 אֱלֹהִים (ʼĕlôhîym | el-o-heem'). This is the Hebrew word for God in v27 and is the plural derivation: plural form of אֱלֹוהַּ; (meaning deity or a God - singular).
  • HIS OWN IMAGE H6754; צֶלֶם (tselem | tseh'-lem) Derivation: from an unused root meaning to shade; Strong's: a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol. This is third person masculine singular. This mean it is not God talking but the narrator referring to God plural as shown in the meaning of God above and in Genesis 1:26 as plural application to deity or God as a plural God. There is no "in his own" it was added in by the translators. In the Hebrew H6754; צֶלֶם (tselem) means image but its used in the third person masculine.
So there you have it. Plural God not singular with Genesis 1:27 in agreement with Genesis 1:26.

Take Care.
Your response here
GINOLJC, to all.
I understand so people are slow in learning, that's ok, but as molasses in winter. there is no excuse. as I have say again and again, God is a plurality in TIME, ORDER, PLACE, or RANK. if the winter molasses people want to keep their overcoats on, fine, ....... (smile).....

Only one Person made ALL THINGS, and that's the LORD JESUS, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

if people cannot reason with common sense that I, Alone, and By One's own self constitute a single person, then they have a serious problem with basic understanding of Words.

101G.
Your unwillingness to respond to or address the post and scriptures proving the plurality and oneness of God only shows me that you are unable to address the post and scripture content of your claims to a single God in Genesis 1:27 because you reject its context in Genesis 1:26 and do not understand Hebrew word definitions and their application to scripture context. Anyhow it is alright. You do not need to address my posts and scripture content that is in disagreement with you if you are unable to. However, this at least should be a red flag to you that perhaps what you believe may not be correct and you should pray about your position. Ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. Perhaps the slow one in learning here is you. Isaiah 44:24 is in agreement with what has already been shared with you. God is plural and one in purpose. The context of Isaiah 44:24 is to those worshiping false Gods through idolatry, * see Isaiah 44:9-21. You really have to stop cherry picking scripture from its context in order to support your understanding of the scriptures when it is the scripture context that tells a different story. Even after all this time and scriptures shared with proving your understanding of the scriptures are in error you do not understand the meaning of the words of Jesus "I and the father are one" - John 10:30 see also, John 17:11; 22.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Please stop making things up Soapy. Sabbath does not mean rest at all. The was proven already to you in post # 1689 linked that you ignored and it seems you did not even bother to read or respond to earlier. The liked post proves that the Hebrew, Greek and scripture definition of Sabbath is "the seventh day of the week". There is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath according to the scriptures, because there were no Jews when Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind (see Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3). Lets be honest Soapy there is not a single thing you have said here that can be supported by scripture. Breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures *see James 2:10-11; 1 John 2:3-4; Romans 7:7 and Romans 3:20. As shown in the scriptures earlier there is no such thing as a Roman Sabbath and the biblical Hebrew, Greek and scripture definitions if Sabbath is "the seventh day of the week" as proven in the linked post you ignored and refused to respond to above.
Your response here...
What does ‘Sabbath’ mean, then, if not ‘Rest’:
  • “The Jewish Sabbath (from Hebrew shavat, “to rest”) is observed throughout the year on the seventh day of the week—Saturday. According to biblical tradition, it commemorates the original seventh day on which God rested after completing the creation. …. It appears that the notion of the Sabbath as a holy day of rest, linking God to his people and recurring every seventh day, was unique to ancient Israel.…” (Jewish religious year - The Sabbath)
I think it might be time to put you on the ignore list Soapy if you are going to continue to ask question already directly answered from the scripture in the posts you are quoting from as it only shows me that you are not even reading the posts you are responding to (see the link in the post above that has already answered your posts question in the post you are responding to that has already been answered more than once now). Also, the post here only supports what I have already said to you it does not support what you are saying. Do you know why? Rest is the root word of shabbath which is a verb or action word of how the Sabbath is kept. The shabbath (Sabbath) is a noun or descriptive word of what is being kept by resting and it is defined in the Hebrew and the scriptures as "the seventh day" of the seek that God blessed, and made a holy day of rest. So even if you do not understand what you are writing here your link is agreeing with what I have already shared with you. Go look them up for yourself shabbath (H7676 - noun) is not the same as shabath (H7673 - verb). The former comes out of the latter meaning we rest on "the seventh day" of the week. The Sabbath (noun) means "the seventh day" not rest which is the root verb that Sabbath comes from in the Hebrew.
The idea of a Sabbath is reflected in many other ways:
  1. God ‘RESTED’ on the seventh day and blessed it as holy. After doing six days of [secular] work you must rest from your [secular] work
  2. After a long period of study, take a year out from study as a Sabbatical year
  3. After a few years of cultivating the soil, leave the field fallow to rest for a year (as a Sabbatical)
  4. After being actively awake for many hours, take a Sabbatical in sleep to rest the body (and mind)
  5. After long periods of eating, take time out to rest from eating (A sabbatical - Fasting)
  6. A Jew who takes another Jew as a slave must release him (under conditions) after seven years service (Rest / Relief from his slavery)
Hmmm…
There are many different kinds of sabbaths in the old testament scriptures. They are not all the same thing. We are discussing Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that gives us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; 1 John 3:4) that God calls us to "remember" because he knew everyone would forsake and forget. As posted earlier there is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath according to the scriptures, because there were no Jews when Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind (see Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3). Lets be honest Soapy there is not a single thing you have said here that can be supported by scripture. Breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures *see James 2:10-11; 1 John 2:3-4; Romans 7:7 and Romans 3:20.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Yes, 3rdAngel:
  • “Bear in mind that the LORD has given you the Sabbath; that is why on the sixth day he gives you bread for two days. Everyone is to stay where they are on the seventh day; no one is to go out.” (Exo 16:29)
  • The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant.” (Exo 31:16)
Were the Egyptians or the Philistines, Hittites, Canaanite’s, etc., instructed to stay indoors on the Sabbath day:
  • “Do not bring a load out of your houses or do any work on the Sabbath, but keep the Sabbath day holy, as I commanded your ancestors.

Gods Words are not for unbelievers. God's words are for all those who believe and follow what God's Word says. You do err not knowing the scriptures. Exodus 16 and staying home on the Sabbath is in context to going out and collecting manna on the Sabbath. Exodus 31:16 shows that the Sabbath is an everlasting covenant with God's people. While Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:28-29; Galatians 3:28-29 and Romans 11:13-26 all show that God's Israel in the new covenant are no longer only those who are born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham but are now all those who have been born of the Spirit of God to believe and follow what God's Word say. Unbelieving Jews have been cut out of God's Israel. There is no more Jewish and Gentile believers according to the scriptures. Gentile believers have now been grafted in with Jewish believers and we are all now one in Christ. The Sabbath and Gods' Word therefore are for all those who believe and follow what God's Word says.

3rdAngel

The Bible is very clear on the nature of God...that is why there are so many references to the different person in God being exactly that...GOD.

One of the big problems here is that the failure of many denominations to keep the Sabbath has clouded the ability of those denominations to provide sound arguments for thing like the trinity and even YEC. This New Covenant tripe erodes away the foundation of the Sabbath and splits the power of God in A manner where God's power is delegated to Jesus in a manner which is independent from God. Therefore Jesus is Lord but not God...despite the biblical references clearly defining him as both Lord and God (see doubting Thomas).

If Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, and by Him, and through Him all things were made...

And we consider in Isaiah (about ch 44 or 45 I think it is) God delegates His authority to NO ONE...
Hang on didn't Isaiah state God doesn't delegate His authority to anyone? How then can Jesus judge indepeantly of God if He is not also God?

then we have to ask, how can we maintain consistent adherence to the biblical texts about the nature of God when these texts appear to conflict with each other if we take the Unitarian position?

Well that answer is simple...Unitarianism can't reconcile the conflicts because clearly, God is Three persons and One single monotheistic God!

Unitarians end up in a rabbit warren on the nature of God. They end up being forced to explain away the trinity and that is the entire problem with Unitarianism...the explaining away part.

I like this post as it exposes a lot of contradictions to the beliefs of some here in this thread. I wish you will and any of them responding to the content of your post though. That is the problem I have been having for some time since this thread has started. No one seems to want to discuss the OP and even when discussing other topics it seems no one wants to address post content and scripture that does not agree with them. Nice post though and great questions posed. I am sure they will be helpful to those who are interested though even if you do not get anyone to respond to the contradictions of a monotheistic belief that is not supported in the scriptures.

Soapy

God us not a mystery that hold back truth to mankind else you make the revelation of God brought by Jesus null and void:
  • ‘Father, I have given them the word you gave to me to give to them - and they have received it!’ (paraphrased)
Why is it necessary to believe in BOTH Jesus AND GOD, if Jesus IS GOD?
The scriptures IS VERY CLEAR on the nature of God:
  • God is immortal - Jesus was very mortal and even died
  • God is Spirit only - Jesus was flesh, bone, and blood
  • God is not subject to temptation - Jesus was
  • God grants power to those whom he will - Jesus RECEIVES POWER from God
  • God never leaves his ethereal throne in Heaven - Jesus - Jesus is granted a throne only after he is raised from the dead BY GOD and taken up to heaven BY GOD
  • God SENDS Jesus to do His Will - Jesus only sends his fellow human beings (apostles)
  • God send HIS SPIRIT as an aid and comforted AS A GIFT to the apostles - Jesus only DELIVERS what God sent to them
  • God remains God of the unlimited Heavenly realm - Jesus becomes ruler over the limited (by contrast) earthly world
And none of them claim that God is three persons or that Jesus is the only true God
You don’t know it but you just defined the very thing you are railing against: Yes, trinity has derailed the power of God and delegated if to Jesus such that Trinitarians believe that Jesus IS GOD!

This is like the emissary speaking and doing things so powerfully in the name of the king that sent him that the people who talk about the emissary actually call him ‘The King’ (re: Paul and Barnabas being called ‘Gods’ - Acts 14:12)
What???

Jesus said that ‘the Son of MAN’ (HUMANS) are Lord of the Sabbath… This was says because the Jews were letting the Sabbath law rule them… Jesus said that it was for mankind to rule over the sabbath by resting from work and worshipping God and doing no evil on that day which was dedicated to God alone. It wasn’t a ‘This day was made for Jesus!!’ It was ‘This day was made FOR YOUR (mankind’s) GOOD’!
Hang on didn't Isaiah state God doesn't delegate His authority to anyone? How then can Jesus judge indepeantly (sic) of God if He is not also God?
That is naive!! ‘Also God’…. How can he ‘also be God’ and something else?

The verse you quote is speaking of absolute power and authority - remember that Moses was delegated the power of God when discording with Pharoah - are you also going to say that Moses was God because he was endowed with the power of God? It wasn’t permanent - that’s the difference!!
The text does not conflict (you are exposing your ignorance right there!). It’s you, and whomever indoctrinated you, into not seeing the true lines.
‘Monotheistic’… don’t you mean ‘Conglomerate’: Three in one?

Unitarians may or may not be so - but I am not a Unitarian.
Why are you telling me about Unitarianism?

101G

It is, indeed, the Spirit of God, BY WHICH all things were created.

And indeed, nothing that exists in the world was created but by the spirit of God.

The spirit of God was WITH GOD in the beginning (as shown by Genesis 1).
correct it's the same one person,
example by scripture. Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
the LORD, the First is WITH the Last, just as the Word is With God in John 1:1.

now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."
meaning, it's the same one person as in John 1:1c the Word is God. same one person, only Diversified in Flesh and blood.

"WITH" here in God is God, let the bible, (God himself), teach us.

101G.

Soapy

I like this post as it exposes a lot of contradictions to the beliefs of some here in this thread. I wish you will and any of them responding to the content of your post though. That is the problem I have been having for some time since this thread has started. No one seems to want to discuss the OP and even when discussing other topics it seems no one wants to address post content and scripture that does not agree with them. Nice post though and great questions posed. I am sure they will be helpful to those who are interested though even if you do not get anyone to respond to the contradictions of a monotheistic belief that is not supported in the scriptures.
Misleading those seeking the truth will count against you - beware!

Soapy

Your response here...

I think it might be time to put you on the ignore list Soapy if you are going to continue to ask question already directly answered from the scripture in the posts you are quoting from as it only shows me that you are not even reading the posts you are responding to (see the link in the post above that has already answered your posts question in the post you are responding to that has already been answered more than once now). Also, the post here only supports what I have already said to you it does not support what you are saying. Do you know why? Rest is the root word of shabbath which is a verb or action word of how the Sabbath is kept. The shabbath (Sabbath) is a noun or descriptive word of what is being kept by resting and it is defined in the Hebrew and the scriptures as "the seventh day" of the seek that God blessed, and made a holy day of rest. So even if you do not understand what you are writing here your link is agreeing with what I have already shared with you. Go look them up for yourself shabbath (H7676 - noun) is not the same as shabath (H7673 - verb). The former comes out of the latter meaning we rest on "the seventh day" of the week. The Sabbath (noun) means "the seventh day" not rest which is the root verb that Sabbath comes from in the Hebrew.

There are many different kinds of sabbaths in the old testament scriptures. They are not all the same thing. We are discussing Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that gives us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; 1 John 3:4) that God calls us to "remember" because he knew everyone would forsake and forget. As posted earlier there is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath according to the scriptures, because there were no Jews when Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind (see Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3). Lets be honest Soapy there is not a single thing you have said here that can be supported by scripture. Breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments is sin according to the scriptures *see James 2:10-11; 1 John 2:3-4; Romans 7:7 and Romans 3:20.
So you NOW AGREE that ‘Sabbath’ means ‘Rest’ and also when I stated an explicit Sabbath I was not wrong - hallelujah!!! Progress has been made by you!!

So what I’m detecting is that you keep disagreeing with an opponent until you realise you are wrong - and then you subtly incorporate what you previously disagreed with into your LONG LENGTHY POSTS hoping that the tediousness of reading will camouflage your new belief!

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: I think it might be time to put you on the ignore list Soapy if you are going to continue to ask question already directly answered from the scripture in the posts you are quoting from as it only shows me that you are not even reading the posts you are responding to (see the link in the post above that has already answered your posts question in the post you are responding to that has already been answered more than once now). Also, the post here only supports what I have already said to you it does not support what you are saying. Do you know why? Rest is the root word of shabbath which is a verb or action word of how the Sabbath is kept. The shabbath (Sabbath) is a noun or descriptive word of what is being kept by resting and it is defined in the Hebrew and the scriptures as "the seventh day" of the seek that God blessed, and made a holy day of rest. So even if you do not understand what you are writing here your link is agreeing with what I have already shared with you. Go look them up for yourself shabbath (H7676 - noun) is not the same as shabath (H7673 - verb). The former comes out of the latter meaning we rest on "the seventh day" of the week. The Sabbath (noun) means "the seventh day" not rest which is the root verb that Sabbath comes from in the Hebrew.

Your response here...
So you NOW AGREE that ‘Sabbath’ means ‘Rest’ and also when I stated an explicit Sabbath I was not wrong - hallelujah!!! Progress has been made by you!!
So what I’m detecting is that you keep disagreeing with an opponent until you realise you are wrong - and then you subtly incorporate what you previously disagreed with into your LONG LENGTHY POSTS hoping that the tediousness of reading will camouflage your new belief!
Don't make up things that are not true Soapy. That is simply being dishonest or shows you do not understand what you are responding to. There is nothing in the post you are quoting from that says the Sabbath means rest or that I am agreeing with you? Did you read the post you are responding to? Where does it say the Sabbath means rest? The Sabbath does not mean rest. Please take your time to read the posts and scriptures provided that disagree with you before responding. Once again you are simply wrong as proven earlier and in the post you are responding to.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

correct it's the same one person,
example by scripture. Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."
the LORD, the First is WITH the Last, just as the Word is With God in John 1:1.

now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."
meaning, it's the same one person as in John 1:1c the Word is God. same one person, only Diversified in Flesh and blood.

"WITH" here in God is God, let the bible, (God himself), teach us.

101G.

:eek:YIKES! You still do not understand the plural application and oneness of God. Why are you are ignoring the context and plural application to God in the scripture you provided in Genesis 1:27? Watch very closely as we add the scripture context back into Genesis 1:27 and look at the Hebrew word meanings in Genesis 1:27...
  • GENESIS 1:26-27 26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing. 27, So GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE OF GOD created he him; male and female created he them.
FROM THE SCRIPTURES ABOVE GENESIS 1:26

1. Who is making man? Let US make man (plural) - Genesis 1:26
2. Whose image is man being made in? OUR image - Genesis 1:26
3. Whose likeness is man being made after? OUR likeness - Genesis 1:26

The above shows the plural application to God which is the context of Genesis 1:27. Now lets look at the detail now of Genesis 1:27 in the next verse
  • GENESIS 1:27 27, So GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS THE IMAGE OF GOD created he him; male and female created he them.
So as you can see looking at the above if you do not understand the plurality of God as shown in Genesis 1:26 which is the context you left out of Genesis 1:27 you have a contradiction in your understanding of the scriptures. So what is the solution? It is the context of Genesis 1:27 that shows God as not singular but plural. This is also shown in the Hebrew in scriptures in Genesis 1:27 lets continue and look at the Hebrew meanings of some key words in Genesis 1:27. Lets start by looking at the Hebrew word for God and His here in Genesis 1:27
  • GOD H430 אֱלֹהִים (ʼĕlôhîym | el-o-heem'). This is the Hebrew word for God in v27 and is the plural derivation: plural form of אֱלֹוהַּ; (meaning deity or a God - singular).
  • HIS OWN IMAGE H6754; צֶלֶם (tselem | tseh'-lem) Derivation: from an unused root meaning to shade; Strong's: a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol. This is third person masculine singular. This mean it is not God talking but the narrator referring to God plural as shown in the meaning of God above and in Genesis 1:26 as plural application to deity or God as a plural God. There is no "in his own" it was added in by the translators. In the Hebrew H6754; צֶלֶם (tselem) means image but its used in the third person masculine.
So there you have it. Plural God not singular with Genesis 1:27 in agreement with Genesis 1:26. One God plural application all of one mind.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
Honestly it look like there is two kind of the Lords day, one Jewish and one Christian. The Jewish is Saturday and the Christian is Sunday.

The Jewish Sabbath (from Hebrew shavat, “to rest”) is observed throughout the year on the seventh day of the week—Saturday. According to biblical tradition, it commemorates the original seventh day on which God rested after completing the creation.

The Christian one say.
We believe that the Lord's Day, celebrated on Sunday, the first day of the week, throughout the Christian church, is the Christian sabbath, which we reverently observe as a day of rest and worship and as the continuing memorial of our Savior's resurrection

Jewish religious year - The Sabbath

Sabbath in Christianity - Wikipedia.

101G

:eek:YIKES! You still do not understand the plural application and oneness of God. Why are you are ignoring the context and plural application to God in the scripture you provided in Genesis 1:27? Watch very closely as we add the scripture context back into Genesis 1:27 and look at the Hebrew word meanings in Genesis 1:27...
this is the LAST time I will try to reason with you. look carefully at verse 27 which you quote. "27, So GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS OWN IMAGE OF GOD created he him; male and female created he them.
now it was God who created them male and female.... follow so far? now let the Lord Jesus tell us if God is a he, (single person) or them ... us or our, (a plurality), that created Man male and female. ATTENTION ON DECK THIS IS THE LORD JESUS SPEAKING. Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
he, is a single person. the Lord Jesus who cannot lie say "God" is a "he" when he made man male and female. ans as before, our brother Mark who recorded the same conversation say the "he" in Matthews 19:4 is God. Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." THERE IT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE, God is a "he", a single person when he made man male and female.

now third angel if you cannot believe the written word of God then there is nothing else for u and I to discuss.

to anyone else who may follow this topic and posts, is there anyone else out there who do not understand what the Lord Jesus said about God as a "HE" when he made man male and female? if you don't understand please post your concerns.

else, 3rd Angel this conversation between u and I is ended. for if one cannot accept God word as true, then we walk not together.

101G.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God is not a book dear friend but His Words are recorded for us to believe and follow. We cannot know God therefore if we do not believe and follow what His Word says. Let me ask you a serious question. You do not have to answer it if you do not want to. Perhaps pray about it and think it through.
  • "If the scriptures teach us that "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17) and we are saved by God's grace through faith that comes from Gods' Word (Ephesians 2:8-9) and again whatsoever is not of faith is sin according to Gods' Word (Romans 14:23) and again without faith that comes from Gods' Word it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6) how can we have Gods' salvation and how can the scriptures not be the only rule of faith when our faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God?"
What is the answer?

I believe the answer is easy: The Bible is not God Jesus is.