• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

101G

According to the scriptures, there is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. According to Jesus the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation (see Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27). There was no Jews when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. There was only Adam and Even who were created on the 6th day of the creation week *see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3
and what day did Adam rest on?

101G

101G

@3rdAngel,
101G will help you out. they rested the same day God did. Hold that thought, when man sin, a day of rest for..... them/man ... was sit aside, from their, their, labor because of sin.

now if one is in God/Christ Jesus, is he in sin? answer no, not in God. and 2 is anyone in Christ subject to the LAW of Moses, the commandments? NO, supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

see, knowing this, you don't have to go and find it. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man," and our righteousness is in who? that's right God, the Lord Jesus.

Oh how simple it is just to HEAR GOD and obey him instead of some man-made traditions.

101G.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
As posted earlier according to the scriptures there is no such thing as the Jewish Sabbath. Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind in Mark 2:27. There was no Jew when God created the Sabbath for mankind, only Adam and Eve who were created on the sixth day of the creation week (see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3). The rest of your post is not relevant to the post you were quoting from in post # 1869 linked. Why? The linked post shows that; (1) the Hebrew word meaning of Sabbath meaning every seventh day of the week; (2) the Greek word meaning meaning every seventh day of the week; (3). the scripture definition of Sabbath (Exodus 20:10) that defines the Sabbath as every seventh day of the week; (4) the origin of Sabbath rest (verb) that is "the seventh day of the creation week". All of the above are scripture proving your claim to a Roman Sabbath is not biblical and false. You are following tradition and your words are not Gods' Word. Matthew 15:3-9 is a warning from Jesus not to follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God just like Sunday worship.

Take Care.
I am not ‘following tradition’. I am only writing the truth as I see it.

All you are doing is what SZ accused you of a long time ago - and I did, too: simply writing the same thing over and over and over without regard to any other proof given to you.

I said that Jesus stated that worshipping God could be done at any time and on any day of the week. We, mankind, are not constrained by ‘Law’ in context of worshipping God but by our hearts and minds. Therefore we worship in ‘Spirit and Truth’ - which can be carried out anywhere as long as it is reverent to God. It does not need to be in a temple nor on a mountain - not in a church nor in a synagogue nor in an assembly or congregation - it is a private matter between the person and God. This is not to say that there is no longer ‘CORPORATE’ worship… but corporate worship often requires insincere repetitive, all to familiar praise, rituals, etc., that require no heartfelt input or output…. Ask someone who has just come out of church what was preached in the church that day…. Many cannot even say this or that - it was just a ritualistic meeting they attend each week to also meet up with friends or because ‘they’ve always done it’.

But explicitly ‘Jewish Sabbath Day’: ‘Friday sun down to Saturday sun down’…. Are we constrained on Friday sun down to Saturday sun down to:
  • ‘Do no work’
  • ‘Worship God’
  • ‘Do no evil’
Are those who ‘Worship’ on Sunday evil?

If you finish your work night shift on Saturday morning - have you broken the Jewish Sabbath Law?

If you start your weekend shift at the supermarket checkout on Saturday morning, are you breaking the Jewish Sabbath?

101G

I said that Jesus stated that worshipping God could be done at any time and on any day of the week. We, mankind, are not constrained by ‘Law’ in context of worshipping God but by our hearts and minds. Therefore we worship in ‘Spirit and Truth’ - which can be carried out anywhere as long as it is reverent to God. It does not need to be in a temple nor on a mountain - not in a church nor in a synagogue nor in an assembly or congregation - it is a private matter between the person and God.
100% CORRECT, John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

101G.

Soapy

100% CORRECT, John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

101G.
Thank you.

Soapy

From John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life, and and the life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Amen
This is pure trinitarian squibble.

It has been debunked time over time over time - but Trinitarians will keep posting it because it’s the only one of a few miscreations they rely on to keep their irreverent claims.

John 1:1 is poetry - a three part stanza (or some such poetic structure). Jesus, …. is not ‘the word’ referenced in John 1:1. The ‘word’ of God is that which God spoke to make creation a reality. And there are two uses of the word ‘God’ used in that verse:
  1. Almighty, glorious, ruling, commanding, authorative, …
  2. The TITLE of the one true deity of the Jews
Therefore, it is completely correct to say:
  • “God is God”
  • “The glory of God was/is with God”
  • “God’s utterances are God”
Why do you think that it can be said that:
  • ‘Satan is God of the kingdom of earth’ (Ruler)
  • ‘Moses was as God over Pharoah’ (Authorative)
  • ‘The God(s) of the Philistines’ (Deities)
  • ‘God said, “Ye are Gods”…’ (Prophets and holy men of God who were authorative in His name)
Revelation 1:1-2 states the fact that Jesus is not God (Title for ruling deity):
  • “The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.“
This verse states that the worshipful deity entitled ‘God of the Jews’ (just ‘God’ for short) gave Jesus a testimony which Jesus was to show to John on Patmos.

Jesus was not the owner of the testimony - not even that he should be it’s owner in some metaphysical spirit-hood but not in fleshly man-hood. Indeed, Jesus would be TWO PERSONS (and therefore schizophrenic) if that were so, at one moment (or the in the same moment) knowing and owning all things, and in another, having to be granted all things and requiring spiritual sustenance from the Father; from God!

Soapy

I stand by what I said.
I would ask 3rdAngel if he believes the whole of creation took place in six rotations of planet Earth.

And when did the first week day begin… or was it an arbitrary day before/after the creation of the first man, Adam?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well you can if you like. The scriptures you quoted however do not agree with you as shown in the context in the post you were quoting from but do not wish to discuss.
I stand by what I said. Nothing you said made a dent in my remarks. You need to accept that this conversation is over,

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

now think, is it not better to keep the commandments of the Lord where ever one may be, not just in Jerusalem. God is not confined to Jerusalem, nor Israel....... but is everywhere, hello. Jeremiah 23:22 "But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings." Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?" Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

101G.
You are correct. God is the God of all the world in addition to being the God of Israel. So what is your point?

IndigoChild5559

I would ask 3rdAngel if he believes the whole of creation took place in six rotations of planet Earth.

And when did the first week day begin… or was it an arbitrary day before/after the creation of the first man, Adam?
Why would I ask him that? We are not arguing creationism verses evolution. I try hard to stay on subject.

IndigoChild5559

@101G I have reported you for proselytizing. Perhaps you are not aware that this is against the forum rules... Now that you know, you can remove your post.

3rdAngel

The scriptures were not written to state Roman laws - much had changed by the time the Constantine commanded Sunday worship as a Roman Catholic ‘Law’.
That was my point. You were the one trying to claim a Roman Sabbath (Sunday) while the scriptures state that the Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment is the "seventh day" of the week that God blessed and made a holy day of rest for all mankind.
You cannot just keep staying and restating the past in disregard to the present. If you insist them you must also bear in mind the many laws that have virtually gone out of usage.
You keep quoting man-made teachings and traditions over the scriptures. Jesus warns about this in Matthew 15:3-9.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Read what the scriptures say...
  • JOHN 1:1-4; 14 1, 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • HEBREWS 1:1-2 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • HEBREWS 1:8-12 8, BUT TO THE SON HE SAID, YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND EVER: A SCEPTER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM. 9, You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. 10, AND, YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS: 11, They shall perish; but you remain; and they all shall wax old as does a garment; 12, And as a clothing shall you fold them up, and they shall be changed: but you are the same, and your years shall not fail.
  • COLOSSIANS 1:16 16 FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, LIN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR DOMINIONS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES. ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.
The scriptures teach that Jesus is the God of creation. I have never said that Jesus did it alone and posted scripture stating this from
  • GENESIS 1:26 26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing
  • GENESIS 3:22 “Then the Lord God said, BEHOLD, THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and also take from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.”
Take your time to re-read the posts shared with you.
Original set of scriptures posted to you showing that Jesus is the God of creation.
3rdAngel said: If you read the rest of the post you were quoting from instead of micro-quoting, you would know the answer to your question. What do you think the scriptures in the complete post you are quoting from are saying?
My question to you above
OK, I say Nature, now did you read Phil 2:6? 101G.
True Jesus does have the nature of God, but please tell me where does it say that in those scriptures that Jesus has the nature of God and is not saying Jesus is the God of creation?

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: According to the scriptures, there is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. According to Jesus the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation (see Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27). There was no Jews when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. There was only Adam and Even who were created on the 6th day of the creation week *see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3
Your response here..
and what day did Adam rest on? 101G
The day that God blessed and made a holy day of rest for mankind which was the "seventh day" of the week (see Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3).

3rdAngel

@3rdAngel, 101G will help you out. they rested the same day God did. Hold that thought, when man sin, a day of rest for..... them/man ... was sit aside, from their, their, labor because of sin. now if one is in God/Christ Jesus, is he in sin? answer no, not in God. and 2 is anyone in Christ subject to the LAW of Moses, the commandments? NO, supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," 1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" see, knowing this, you don't have to go and find it. 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man," and our righteousness is in who? that's right God, the Lord Jesus. Oh how simple it is just to HEAR GOD and obey him instead of some man-made traditions. 101G.
How can you help others if you are the one needing help but refuse to take it? Think it through. Your argument makes no sense here. Why? There was no sin when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. The Sabbath was made before law and sin, Moses and Israel and Jews. This is what the scriptures teach. All you have provided are your words and opinions unsupported by Gods' Word. Receive Gods' correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods' Word does not make them disappear. The words of God we accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48

Take Care.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: As posted earlier according to the scriptures there is no such thing as the Jewish Sabbath. Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind in Mark 2:27. There was no Jew when God created the Sabbath for mankind, only Adam and Eve who were created on the sixth day of the creation week (see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3). The rest of your post is not relevant to the post you were quoting from in post # 1869 linked. Why? The linked post shows that; (1) the Hebrew word meaning of Sabbath meaning every seventh day of the week; (2) the Greek word meaning meaning every seventh day of the week; (3). the scripture definition of Sabbath (Exodus 20:10) that defines the Sabbath as every seventh day of the week; (4) the origin of Sabbath rest (verb) that is "the seventh day of the creation week". All of the above are scripture proving your claim to a Roman Sabbath is not biblical and false. You are following tradition and your words are not Gods' Word. Matthew 15:3-9 is a warning from Jesus not to follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God just like Sunday worship.
Your response here..
I am not ‘following tradition’. I am only writing the truth as I see it.
Do you follow Sunday worship or keep the Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment according to the scriptures. I will let your own words and actions be your judge as to your claims that you do not follow man-made teachings and traditions. I do not judge you.
All you are doing is what SZ accused you of a long time ago - and I did, too: simply writing the same thing over and over and over without regard to any other proof given to you.
You have not proven anything or responded to any of the content and the scriptures of my posts that are in disagreement with you that prove why your claims and opinions and traditions are not supported in the bible. If you keep making the same arguments over and over without addressing anything in my posts that prove why what your saying is not true of course I will repeat what you have ignored back to you. You are deflecting here as @samtonga43 myself and others through this thread have proven that it is you and SZ that make statements, claim and accusations without any supporting evidence. Now you have again provided no proof that addresses any of the content in the post you are quoting from and again here you have not addressed any of the post content and scriptures that you are quoting from that are in disagreement with you.
I said that Jesus stated that worshipping God could be done at any time and on any day of the week.
Here is another good example of what we were discussing in the previous section above. Please show me the scriptures that show Jesus saying we can worship God any time and on any day of the week? - You are making things up again. I know you will not respond to this claims because I know there is no scripture to support what you are saying here. Thank you. You have just proven my point and everything I was saying to you earlier. Receive Gods' correction and be blessed. Ignoring Gods' Words do not make them disappear.
We, mankind, are not constrained by ‘Law’ in context of worshipping God but by our hearts and minds.
Then we have the scriptures that are Gods' Words disagreeing with your words that you have posted here. According to the scriptures Gods' 10 commandments of which God's 4th commandment "seventh day Sabbath" is a part are Gods' standard that give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed), sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and according to James if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin breaking all of God's law in James 2:10-11. The new covenant promise from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27 repeated in Hebrews 8:10-12 is given to all those who have been born again by the Spirit of God to love. Love to God and man (Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18) according to Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40 is not separated from obedience to Gods' law it is expressed in obeying Gods' law (see also Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-3). According to the scriptures if there is no law we have no knowledge of what sin is. If we have no knowledge of what sin is we have no need of a Savior from sin. If we have no need of a Saviour from sin we are still in our sins and are lost. Can you see where your reasoning leads? Please prayerfully check all the scriptures provided to you here as a help and receive Gods' correction.
Therefore we worship in ‘Spirit and Truth’ - which can be carried out anywhere as long as it is reverent to God.
According to the scriptures, no one worships God in Spirit and in truth if they do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says. How can you worship God in Spirit and in truth when it is God's Word that is the very definition of Spirit and truth as shown in John 17:17 and John 6:63? Go check the scriptures. No one worships God in Spirit and in truth if they do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says. The Word of God is the very definition of Spirit and truth.
It does not need to be in a temple nor on a mountain - not in a church nor in a synagogue nor in an assembly or congregation - it is a private matter between the person and God. This is not to say that there is no longer ‘CORPORATE’ worship… but corporate worship often requires insincere repetitive, all to familiar praise, rituals, etc., that require no heartfelt input or output…. Ask someone who has just come out of church what was preached in the church that day…. Many cannot even say this or that - it was just a ritualistic meeting they attend each week to also meet up with friends or because ‘they’ve always done it’.
No one is telling you to go to a temple or a mountain or a Church now are they? So why make up things no one is talking about? If no one is telling you do do any of these things than what is your argument? You have none because because we are in agreement that we do not need to go to a mountain, temple or a Church building to worship God. The Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment is a holy day of rest where no work is to be done and has nothing to do with where we worship God. So why make arguments no one is talking about?
But explicitly ‘Jewish Sabbath Day’: ‘Friday sun down to Saturday sun down’…. Are we constrained on Friday sun down to Saturday sun down to: ‘Do no work’ ‘Worship God’ ‘Do no evil’
As posted earlier according to the scriptures there is no such thing as the Jewish Sabbath. Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind in Mark 2:27. There was no Jew when God created the Sabbath for mankind, only Adam and Eve who were created on the sixth day of the creation week (see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3). Gods' 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-11 says that we are not to do any secular work on the "seventh day" of the week that God blessed and made a holy day of rest (see Exodus 20:8-11; Genesis 2:1-3). Biblical time according to Genesis 1 is from sunset to sunset (Friday sunset to Saturday sunset).
Are those who ‘Worship’ on Sunday evil?
According to the scriptures Gods' 4th commandment is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Exodus 20:3-17; Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4. In times of ignorance God does not hold us accountable for sin (James 4:17; Acts 17:30-31), however, when God gives us a knowledge of His truth he expects us to believe and follow what His Word says. If we do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word and continue in known unrepentant sin then God holds us accountable for sin and we will be in danger of the judgement unless we repent and turn away from our sins to believing and following what Gods' Word says *see Hebrews 10:26-31.
If you finish your work night shift on Saturday morning - have you broken the Jewish Sabbath Law?
Gods' 4th commandment in Exodus 20:8-11 says that we are not to do any secular work on the "seventh day" of the week that God blessed and made a holy day of rest (see Exodus 20:8-11; Genesis 2:1-3). Biblical time according to Genesis 1 is from sunset to sunset (Friday sunset to Saturday sunset).
If you start your weekend shift at the supermarket checkout on Saturday morning, are you breaking the Jewish Sabbath?
As posted earlier according to the scriptures there is no such thing as the Jewish Sabbath. Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind in Mark 2:27. There was no Jew when God created the Sabbath for mankind, only Adam and Eve who were created on the sixth day of the creation week (see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3). If you are working on the Sabbath then yes you are breaking the Sabbath, see the above and read the commandment...
  • EXODUS 20:8-11 8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9, Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: 10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: 11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Of course we can do good on the Sabbath as the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath (see Mark 2:27 and Matthew 12:1-12).

@Soapy I am not expecting you to respond to any of the scripture content in the post provided here as a help to you as you never have in our past discussions on the Sabbath. If you are unable to respond to the content and scriptures here that are in disagreement with you does this not concern you? It should because what it would mean is that like many from mainstream Christianity they have been lied to in Sunday school to follow man-made teachings and traditions that have led many away from Gods' Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings given by Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. Please pray about the post content here. It has only been sent in all love and as a help for you.

Take Care

3rdAngel

100% CORRECT, John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 101G.
The scriptures in John 4:23-24 are indeed truth. However, according to the scriptures, no one worships God in Spirit and in truth if they do not believe and obey what Gods' Word says. How can you worship God in Spirit and in truth when it is God's Word that is the very definition of Spirit and truth as shown in John 17:17 and John 6:63? Go check the scriptures. No one worships God in Spirit and in truth if they do not believe and obey what Gods' Word says. The Word of God is the very definition of Spirit and truth if you do not believe and obey what Gods' Word says then you are not worshiping God in Spirit and in truth. This is why John says in 1 John 2:3-4 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Take Care.

samtonga43

This is pure trinitarian squibble. It has been debunked time over time over time but Trinitarians will keep posting it because it’s the only one of a few miscreations they rely on to keep their irreverent claims. .
Your words are those of someone who just doesn’t ‘get it’… (yet). :) It has never been debunked. Trinitarians post it because it leads to truth for those who are able to ‘see’.
John 1:1 is poetry - a three part stanza (or some such poetic structure).
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”.
You say this is poetry, and it certainly could be read this way, but it is also scriptural truth. Have you ever noticed how often poetry speaks truth?
Jesus, …. is not ‘the word’ referenced in John 1:1. The ‘word’ of God is that which God spoke to make creation a reality.
Why do you think the Word’s pronouns are ‘He’ and ‘Him’, Soapy? It seems like the Word could be a Person, does it not?
“ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life .......
Why do you think that it can be said that:
‘Satan is God of the kingdom of earth’ (Ruler)
‘Moses was as God over Pharoah’ (Authorative)
‘The God(s) of the Philistines’ (Deities)
‘God said, “Ye are Gods”…’ (Prophets and holy men of God who were authorative in His name)
Nice try. However, I am going to write the above as it should be written:--
‘Satan is god of the kingdom of earth’ (Ruler)
‘Moses was as god over Pharoah’ (Authorative)
‘The god(s) of the Philistines’ (Deities)
‘God said, “Ye are gods”…’ (Prophets and holy men of God who were authorative in His name)
Note the difference?
You appear to be running away from #1873 /1874, Soapy.
Is there a reason?