• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

That is correct. There is nothing rude about it. It is part of normal life for people to disagree on things like this. Thus the complaint that it was blasphemous was out of line.
There is nothing rude about people not believing and following God and His Word and I never said there was. It was your claim that the New testament scriptures are the same as the Quran and the book of Mormons that was the problem. Anyhow, we will agree to disagree. I will leave you waiting for your promised Messiah who in your mind has never turned up. I really have nothing further to say here that has not already been said before.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Here I agree with your post here to @101G though. Sunday worship as a replacement for Gods' 4th commandment is a man-made teaching and tradition that is not biblical and has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. I believe mainstream Christianity have all been taught lies in Sunday school. I believe God is calling us all back to worship Him in Spirit and in truth according to His Word. Gods sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow him.
Your response here...
You have to understand that the claim that a teaching is manmade is irrelevant to me. In Deuteronomy 17:8-13, God grants complete authority to men to interpret the torah. It's fine if those human authorities do things like tell us what "work" means, or set up a holiday for Chanukah. It is impossible for one to actually believe in what the bible teaches, and also believe that things should be "bible only."
Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about judging others in regards to idol worship under the civil laws of the nation of Israel under the old covenant. It has nothing to do with making interpretations or changing scripture. I do believe that only God through His Spirit can give us the correct interpretation of scripture (Isaiah 55:8-9; John 14:26; John 16:13 etc). Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 tells us that if we follow the teachings and traditions of men that lead us to break the commandment of God we are not worshiping God. That should be common sense to anyone reading and believing the Torah though in my opinion and not even worth arguing over. Therefore I believe that the scriptures are the only test of what is true and what is not true and not the teachings and traditions of men that can lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God.

Last edited:

samtonga43

want you please READ, "All things was made by ...... HIM. " how many persons is HIM? and to help you out, "him", was ALONE and BY HIMSELF. and u do know what ALONE means ..... having no one else present: correct? so he, he, he, didn't go through anyone else. because "ALONE" tells us that no one else is present. so either the Person in John 1:3 is the same one person in Isaiah 44:24, else you have two Gods, two creators..... which is polythetic by nature, which is anti-bible, anti-God.

now, are you reading your bible ..... with the Holy Spirit?
are you really understanding what God has said?
191G.
From John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life, and and the life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Amen

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There is nothing rude about people not believing and following God and His Word and I never said there was. It was your claim that the New testament scriptures are the same as the Quran and the book of Mormons that was the problem. Anyhow, we will agree to disagree. I will leave you waiting for your promised Messiah who in your mind has never turned up. I really have nothing further to say here that has not already been said before.
There should be no problem with me saying that the NT is on par with the quran, vedas, BoM... It is simply a different belief.

And I will once more ingore your immature baiting.

IndigoChild5559

Your response here...

Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about judging others in regards to idol worship under the civil laws of the nation of Israel under the old covenant. It has nothing to do with making interpretations or changing scripture. I do believe that only God through His Spirit can give us the correct interpretation of scripture (Isaiah 55:8-9; John 14:26; John 16:13 etc). Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 tells us that if we follow the teachings and traditions of men that lead us to break the commandment of God we are not worshiping God. That should be common sense to anyone reading and believing the Torah though in my opinion and not even worth arguing over. Therefore I believe that the scriptures are the only test of what is true and what is not true and not the teachings and traditions of men that can lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God.
Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about the Levites and Judges being given authority by God to interpret the Torah. Thus, since their interpretations are sanctioned by God and this is spelled out in the Bible, it is illogical to say one believes the bible and then turn around and say "bible only."

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about judging others in regards to idol worship under the civil laws of the nation of Israel under the old covenant. It has nothing to do with making interpretations or changing scripture. I do believe that only God through His Spirit can give us the correct interpretation of scripture (Isaiah 55:8-9; John 14:26; John 16:13 etc). Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 tells us that if we follow the teachings and traditions of men that lead us to break the commandment of God we are not worshiping God. That should be common sense to anyone reading and believing the Torah though in my opinion and not even worth arguing over. Therefore I believe that the scriptures are the only test of what is true and what is not true and not the teachings and traditions of men that can lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God.
Your response here...
Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about the Levites and Judges being given authority by God to interpret the Torah. Thus, since their interpretations are sanctioned by God and this is spelled out in the Bible, it is illogical to say one believes the bible and then turn around and say "bible only."
No it is not. It is about making judgements in regard to the death penalty and open sin. The complete context is provided below...
  • DEUTERONOMY 17:2-13 2, If there be found among you, within any of your gates which the LORD your God gives you, man or woman, that has worked wickedness in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant, 3, And has gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4, And it be told you, and you have heard of it, and inquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is worked in Israel: 5, Then shall you bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, to your gates, even that man or that woman, and shall stone them with stones, till they die. 6, At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death. 7, The hands of the witnesses shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So you shall put the evil away from among you. 8, If there arise a matter too hard for you in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within your gates: then shall you arise, and get you up into the place which the LORD your God shall choose; 9, And you shall come to the priests the Levites, and to the judge that shall be in those days, and inquire; and they shall show you the sentence of judgment: 10, And you shall do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall show you; and you shall observe to do according to all that they inform you: 11, According to the sentence of the law which they shall teach you, and according to the judgment which they shall tell you, you shall do: you shall not decline from the sentence which they shall show you, to the right hand, nor to the left. 12, And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not listen to the priest that stands to minister there before the LORD your God, or to the judge, even that man shall die: and you shall put away the evil from Israel. 13, And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.
As posted earlier the context shows that Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about judging others in regards to idol worship and open sin under the civil laws of the nation of Israel under the old covenant. It has nothing to do with making interpretations or changing scripture. I do believe that only God through His Spirit can give us the correct interpretation of scripture (Isaiah 55:8-9; John 14:26; John 16:13 etc). Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 tells us that if we follow the teachings and traditions of men that lead us to break the commandment of God we are not worshiping God. That should be common sense to anyone reading and believing the Torah though in my opinion and not even worth arguing over. Therefore I believe that the scriptures are the only test of what is true and what is not true and not the teachings and traditions of men that can lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God. I believe you have missed the Messiah because you follow man-made interpretations of the scriptures instead of seeking God to prayerfully know the truth of Gods' Word for yourself. It is written in the scriptures, "Cursed be the man that trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

Take Care

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Your response here...

No it is not. It is about making judgements in regard to the death penalty and open sin. The complete context is provided below...
  • DEUTERONOMY 17:2-13 2, If there be found among you, within any of your gates which the LORD your God gives you, man or woman, that has worked wickedness in the sight of the LORD your God, in transgressing his covenant, 3, And has gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4, And it be told you, and you have heard of it, and inquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is worked in Israel: 5, Then shall you bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, to your gates, even that man or that woman, and shall stone them with stones, till they die. 6, At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death. 7, The hands of the witnesses shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So you shall put the evil away from among you. 8, If there arise a matter too hard for you in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within your gates: then shall you arise, and get you up into the place which the LORD your God shall choose; 9, And you shall come to the priests the Levites, and to the judge that shall be in those days, and inquire; and they shall show you the sentence of judgment: 10, And you shall do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall show you; and you shall observe to do according to all that they inform you: 11, According to the sentence of the law which they shall teach you, and according to the judgment which they shall tell you, you shall do: you shall not decline from the sentence which they shall show you, to the right hand, nor to the left. 12, And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not listen to the priest that stands to minister there before the LORD your God, or to the judge, even that man shall die: and you shall put away the evil from Israel. 13, And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.
As posted earlier the context shows that Deuteronomy 17:8-13 is about judging others in regards to idol worship and open sin under the civil laws of the nation of Israel under the old covenant. It has nothing to do with making interpretations or changing scripture. I do believe that only God through His Spirit can give us the correct interpretation of scripture (Isaiah 55:8-9; John 14:26; John 16:13 etc). Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 tells us that if we follow the teachings and traditions of men that lead us to break the commandment of God we are not worshiping God. That should be common sense to anyone reading and believing the Torah though in my opinion and not even worth arguing over. Therefore I believe that the scriptures are the only test of what is true and what is not true and not the teachings and traditions of men that can lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God. I believe you have missed the Messiah because you follow man-made interpretations of the scriptures instead of seeking God to prayerfully know the truth of Gods' Word for yourself. It is written in the scriptures, "Cursed be the man that trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

Take Care
I stand by what I said.

101G

No, your post does not make sense because you were directly arguing against a scripture references that are Gods Words not my words. Now think what you just posted here through. If "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17) please tell me, how can you have faith if you do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says? Think it through your post here makes no sense either.
GINOLJC, to all,
First thanks for the conversation, for that's what it is .... a conversation. if you want to continue a conversation, that's what Facebook and twitter are for, I prefer to discuss, not opinions, the word of God;

101G.

101G

Nephi 4:1
1 And it came to pass that I spake unto my brethren, saying: Let us go up again unto Jerusalem, and let us be afaithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; for behold he is mightier than all the earth, then why not bmightier than Laban and his fifty, yea, or even than his tens of thousands?
now think, is it not better to keep the commandments of the Lord where ever one may be, not just in Jerusalem. God is not confined to Jerusalem, nor Israel....... but is everywhere, hello. Jeremiah 23:22 "But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings." Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?" Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

101G.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: No, your post does not make sense because you were directly arguing against a scripture references that are Gods Words not my words. Now think what you just posted here through. If "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17) please tell me, how can you have faith if you do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says? Think it through your post here makes no sense either.
Your response here...
I prefer to discuss, not opinions, the word of God;101G.
Well none of that is true. Firstly you have only provided your opinion and are unwilling to discuss the posts and scripture content that disagrees with you and secondly once again you were asked a question above proving what you posted earlier was not true and you refused to answer it. Anyhow take care.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Read what the scriptures say...
  • JOHN 1:1-4; 14 1, 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • HEBREWS 1:1-2 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • HEBREWS 1:8-12 8, BUT TO THE SON HE SAID, YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND EVER: A SCEPTER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM. 9, You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. 10, AND, YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS: 11, They shall perish; but you remain; and they all shall wax old as does a garment; 12, And as a clothing shall you fold them up, and they shall be changed: but you are the same, and your years shall not fail.
  • COLOSSIANS 1:16 16 FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, LIN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR DOMINIONS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES. ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.
The scriptures teach that Jesus is the God of creation. I have never said that Jesus did it alone and posted scripture stating this from
  • GENESIS 1:26 26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing
  • GENESIS 3:22 “Then the Lord God said, BEHOLD, THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and also take from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.”
Take your time to re-read the posts shared with you.
Your response here...
one in what? person, or NATURE, and before u answer, read Phip 2:6 first.
101G.
If you read the rest of the post you were quoting from instead of micro-quoting, you would know the answer to your question. What do you think the scriptures in the complete post you are quoting from are saying?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
There is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. According to Jesus the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation (see Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27)
Jesus only said that, in effect, man controlled what happened on the day - not the day controlled what man does on that day:
  • ‘You are in charge of the sabbath day - not the Sabbath is in charge of you!’
He said this to add to the charge he also laid on them that they were making a mockery of the sabbath law.

3rdAngel

Jesus only said that, in effect, man controlled what happened on the day - not the day controlled what man does on that day:
  • ‘You are in charge of the sabbath day - not the Sabbath is in charge of you!’
He said this to add to the charge he also laid on them that they were making a mockery of the sabbath law.
According to the scriptures, there is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. According to Jesus the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation (see Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27). There was no Jews when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. There was only Adam and Even who were created on the 6th day of the creation week *see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3

101G

All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
from Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

Three things to NOTE:
#1. Is the Lord Jesus in John 1 the "Lord", or the "LORD", which one?

#2. the LORD was "ALONE". which means a. having no one else present. which in turn, there was no one to go through. and b. if there was no one else to go through, that means there is not a second, or third persons of God. for..... if they were omni-present, (an attribute of God), then the LORD would not have been ...... "ALONE", nor "BY HIMSELF"

101G.

Soapy

‘He who does all that the Father commands him to do! is not to say that God ‘adopted’ him as ‘Spiritual Son’.

I am very glad you can see that this is not taught to me. I have been taught the incomparable, beautiful, holy Truth of the Trinity.

No, I wouldn’t say that, Soapy. It is always useful to read someone else’s view on The Holy Trinity. But this is not new to me. Your non-trinitarian beliefs are very familiar to me.

‘catholic’ or ‘Catholic’?
I can answer your questions if you would like me to…?
Adopted:
What do you say of the words spoken by God to Jesus:
  • ‘Today I have become your Father and you have become my son’
Is that not an adoption proclamation?

And to no one else has God spoken such words hence we claim Jesus as ‘The only Son of God’.

Furthermore, in time to come any more will be adopted by God and become brethren to Jesus as Sons of God:
  • “For [God] chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will” (Eph 1:4-5)
  • “But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.“ (Gal 4:4-5)
  • “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” (Romans 8:15)
Romans 8:15… just as Jesus Christ cried out: ‘Abba, Father’

Soapy

According to the scriptures, there is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath. According to Jesus the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation (see Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27). There was no Jews when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. There was only Adam and Even who were created on the 6th day of the creation week *see Genesis 1:26-31 and Genesis 2:1-3
The scriptures were not written to state Roman laws - much had changed by the time the Constantine commanded Sunday worship as a Roman Catholic ‘Law’.

You cannot just keep staying and restating the past in disregard to the present. If you insist them you must also bear in mind the many laws that have virtually gone out of usage.

101G

Your response here...

If you read the rest of the post you were quoting from instead of micro-quoting, you would know the answer to your question. What do you think the scriptures in the complete post you are quoting from are saying?
OK, I say Nature, now did you read Phil 2:6?

101G.