• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

101G

COLOSSIANS 1:16 16 FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR DOMINIONS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES. ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.

see above. if he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF", he didn't go through anyone.... see by him is HIM, and no one else.

now do you know what this means? God is ONE PERSON JESUS who is "Diversified", or Equally "SHARED" in Flesh and blood..... who is in the ECHAD of himself as FIRST, Ordinal First, Father, and Last, Ordinal LAST, as Son. in TIME, PLACE, ORDER, or RANK. :eek: YIKES!
your Genesis verses, is taken away, as with Isaiah, and the Hebrews, as swell as Colossians.

now your persons are gone. only one is left. JESUS.... as the Ordinal First, and the Ordinal Last.

now YOU "THINK ON IT".

101G.

lostwanderingsoul

But what did Jesus say regarding worship of God?

In the time of Jesus of the scriptures, all the Israelites and Samaritans worshipped together on one day. All daily work was limited to only essential activities since, before that, they were madd to work seven days a week under slavery. The call for a day of rest was a necessary law.
However, today, people can work different days but regulations and stipulations still demand at least one day of rest in any seven day period.
If that day of rest falls on a day that is not ‘Friday sundown to Saturday sundown’ are such people ‘Nreaking the Sabbath dag law’ if the worship ‘IN SOIRIT AND TRUTH’ on that rest day?
Soapy, people can worship any day they want. Or even more than one day a week. My personal opinion is that God made the seventh day holy and no man can change that. The seventh day is holy. Do you have to worship on the seventh day ? I can not answer but that day is still a holy day.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: COLOSSIANS 1:16 16 FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR DOMINIONS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES. ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.
Your response here...
see above. if he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF", he didn't go through anyone.... see by him is HIM, and no one else.

now do you know what this means? God is ONE PERSON JESUS who is "Diversified", or Equally "SHARED" in Flesh and blood..... who is in the ECHAD of himself as FIRST, Ordinal First, Father, and Last, Ordinal LAST, as Son. in TIME, PLACE, ORDER, or RANK. :eek: YIKES!
your Genesis verses, is taken away, as with Isaiah, and the Hebrews, as swell as Colossians.

now your persons are gone. only one is left. JESUS.... as the Ordinal First, and the Ordinal Last.

now YOU "THINK ON IT".101G.
Your post does not make any sense to me here. You do know that is scripture your arguing against are not my words right? You are arguing with scripture stating Jesus is the God of creation. I never stated anywhere that God is not plural and posted scripture showing plural application to God. If you were reading my posts you should know this.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

let's see it clearly, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

so, the US must be the Lord GOD, and his Spirit?.... correct, and you think that it is Isaiah who is sent? WRONG, for Isaiah was not from the beginning. and if you say it is Jesus Christ who was sent by the Father and the Holy Spirit, for the Christ who is Jesus that CAME?.

well let's check the record. the answer is in Revelation. listen and Learn. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"
someone sent his angel correct? well lets hear it from the angel who was sent. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."
ok, so it was the Lord GOD of the ... holy prophets, (meaning the OT) who sent his angel correct. the God of the OT, correct? the same Lord God in Isaiah above right. well let's see who this Lord God is. now listen and LEARN, the same book, the same chapter, just a few verses later, follow 101G. Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

well, well, well, the Lord God is JESUS, of the holy pfrophets, (the OT).... :eek: YIKES!, meaning that this same JESUS is the God of the OT, without flesh, without bone, and without blood. .... SPIRIT...... Uh Oh!....

now going back to Isaiah, and knowing what we now know, it was JESUS and his Spirit, (who he is), a single person sent someone, ..... :D. do you see your dilemma now?

I suggest you re-read this post for clarity, and for edification. 101G
No dear friend not at all. There is no dilemma my side as I do not believe or have I said anything in your post that you claim I believe. You are making strawman claims in your posts that no one is making or arguing about. So perhaps before we go any further so there is no misunderstandings, lets clear a few things up. What do you think I am saying in my posts to you? I am getting the feeling you do not read my posts or do not understand them. Can I ask what do you think I am saying in my posts to you so there is no misunderstanding? Your post here is just what I have been stating already, that Jesus is the God of creation and the old testament scriptures.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There is nothing rude about people not believing and following God and His Word and I never said there was. It was your claim that the New testament scriptures are the same as the Quran and the book of Mormons that was the problem. Anyhow, we will agree to disagree. I will leave you waiting for your promised Messiah who in your mind has never turned up.
The remark was made that it was blasphemous. You want to walk that back down?

IndigoChild5559

Can I ask you to have an understanding that the word, ‘GOD’ is just a title. And as a title it has a meaning, which is like:
  • ‘The greatest’ in context of others of the same type
  • ‘The most glorious’… (as above)
  • ‘The ruling entity’… (as above)
  • … more of the same
In a religious context we refer to a Spiritual entity as (all of the above) - the context being, Over mankind.

But we see in scriptures that many nations and tribes had those they believe are spiritual entities (often manifested as physical idols made in stone or wood). So in this regard, ‘GOD’ (a God) is just a reference to a SPIRITUAL RULER.

But since man is made in the image of God, and is capable of rulership over others of mankind (context!) then those designated can be called ‘GODs without blaspheming…

You see this clearly when Jesus is confronted by the jews who accuse him of ‘Making himself God’. Jesus is clearly was shocked at this claim of blasphemy and defended himself, saying;
  • “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? If he [Yahweh God] called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of [Yahweh] God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?“ (John 10:34-36)
Jesus, here references the greatest, the most godly majestic, the rulers in God (prophets and holy men who received and acted on the commands of Yahweh), as THE GOD of the Jews, himself, classed as ‘GODS’. It is for sure YAHWEH was not calling these of humanity ‘SPIRIT RULER: DEITIES!

And, an addendum: a ‘Son of God’ is not a procreated offspring of God. It simply means: ‘One who carries out the commands of God FULLY! Holy Angels, are spirit Sons; Adam was Son of God from humanity until he sinned. Jesus is continually Son of God from among humanity. Jesus qualified this definition in the following verse:
  • “Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father” (John 10:26)
So if you bear in mind always the context of the use of the word ‘God’ then the reality will come forth concerning the use in any verse in scriptures. It could help to use the full title text where:
  • ‘The GOD OF… the Jews’
Does it make sense to say, ‘The word was the One God of the Jews..’ or ‘He called them “the God of the jews” to whom the word of the God of the Jews came”?
Is there some reason you can't give a succinct answer to a succinct post? I do these boards for fun. I don't want to spend five minutes reading a reply. One of the reasons I seldom reply to you is because your posts are all books. I'm sure some people like that. But I'm not one of them.

3rdAngel

now HEBREWS, let's get straight to the Chase.
#1. "BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS" let's check the record, HE, A SINGLE PERSON MADE ALL THINGS BY, BY, BY, HIMSELF. scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"
question, is Jesus the, "LORD", all caps? let's see.

#2. 10, AND, YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS
question, is not Jesus the "Lord?" .... :cool:, let's see who laid the foundation of the World. Zechariah 12:1 "The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him."

well, well, well, again, I ask, is Jesus the Lord or the LORD..... LOL, LOL, LOL, understand only ONE PERSON MADE ALL THINGS, AND ONLY ONE PERSON WHO LAID THE FOUNDATION THE EARTH. .... hello, are there anyone home? are we getting this?.
Your post does not make any sense again. Read what the scriptures say...
  • JOHN 1:1-4; 14 1, 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • HEBREWS 1:1-2 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • HEBREWS 1:8-12 8, BUT TO THE SON HE SAID, YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND EVER: A SCEPTER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM. 9, You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. 10, AND, YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS: 11, They shall perish; but you remain; and they all shall wax old as does a garment; 12, And as a clothing shall you fold them up, and they shall be changed: but you are the same, and your years shall not fail.
  • COLOSSIANS 1:16 16 FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, LIN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR DOMINIONS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES. ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.
The scriptures teach that Jesus is the God of creation. I have never said that Jesus did it alone and posted scripture stating this from
  • GENESIS 1:26 26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing
  • GENESIS 3:22 “Then the Lord God said, BEHOLD, THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and also take from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.”
Take your time to re-read the posts shared with you.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

GINOLJC, to all.

that's under the Old Covenant

Matthew 12:9 "And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:" Matthew 12:10 "And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him." Matthew 12:11 "And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?" Matthew 12:12 "How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days." Matthew 12:13 "Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other."Matthew 12:14 "Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him."

so, 101G asks, is it lawful to "DO"/Work on the sabbath? see above.

101G.
You bring up irrelevancies. Do you think that making excuses removes the obligation from Jews to actually rest from labor on the sabbath? Do you think you can out-maneuver God?

3rdAngel

The remark was made that it was blasphemous. You want to walk that back down?
As posted earlier there is nothing rude about people not believing and following God and His Word and I never said there was. It was your claim that the New testament scriptures are the same as the Quran and the book of Mormons that was the problem. Anyhow, we will agree to disagree. I will leave you waiting for your promised Messiah who in your mind has never turned up.

3rdAngel

You bring up irrelevancies. Do you think that making excuses removes the obligation from Jews to actually rest from labor on the sabbath? Do you think you can out-maneuver God?
Here I agree with your post here to @101G though. Sunday worship as a replacement for Gods' 4th commadment is a man-made teaching and tradition that is not biblical and has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. I believe mainstream Christianity have all been taught lies in Sunday school. I believe God is calling us all back to worship Him in Spirit and in truth according to His Word. Gods sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow him.

Last edited:

101G

3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE
want you please READ, "All things was made by ...... HIM. " how many persons is HIM? and to help you out, "him", was ALONE and BY HIMSELF. and u do know what ALONE means ..... having no one else present: correct? so he, he, he, didn't go through anyone else. because "ALONE" tells us that no one else is present. so either the Person in John 1:3 is the same one person in Isaiah 44:24, else you have two Gods, two creators..... which is polythetic by nature, which is anti-bible, anti-God.

now, are you reading your bible ..... with the Holy Spirit?
are you really understanding what God has said?

191G.

101G

no, 101G bring up scripture. and the scriptures are very relevance.
please note: in Christ Jesus, there is neither Jew or Greek..... hello, Judaism is DEAD, no more. it is not of Christ.

101G.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Your post does not make any sense again. Read what the scriptures say...
  • JOHN 1:1-4; 14 1, 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • HEBREWS 1:1-2 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • HEBREWS 1:8-12 8, BUT TO THE SON HE SAID, YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND EVER: A SCEPTER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM. 9, You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. 10, AND, YOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING HAVE LAID THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH; AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS: 11, They shall perish; but you remain; and they all shall wax old as does a garment; 12, And as a clothing shall you fold them up, and they shall be changed: but you are the same, and your years shall not fail.
  • COLOSSIANS 1:16 16 FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED, LIN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, WHETHER THRONES OR DOMINIONS OR RULERS OR AUTHORITIES. ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM AND FOR HIM.
The scriptures teach that Jesus is the God of creation. I have never said that Jesus did it alone and posted scripture stating this from
  • GENESIS 1:26 26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing
  • GENESIS 3:22 “Then the Lord God said, BEHOLD, THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and also take from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.”
Your response here...
to you it doesn't make sense, to you. but to us who have understanding, it makes FAITH...... :rolleyes:101G
No, your post does not make sense because you were directly arguing against a scripture references that are Gods Words not my words. Now think what you just posted here through. If "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17) please tell me, how can you have faith if you do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says? Think it through your post here makes no sense either.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Read what the scriptures say...
Your response here...
want you please READ, "All things was made by ...... HIM. " how many persons is HIM? and to help you out, "him", was ALONE and BY HIMSELF. and u do know what ALONE means ..... having no one else present: correct? so he, he, he, didn't go through anyone else. because "ALONE" tells us that no one else is present. so either the Person in John 1:3 is the same one person in Isaiah 44:24, else you have two Gods, two creators..... which is polythetic by nature, which is anti-bible, anti-God. now, are you reading your bible ..... with the Holy Spirit? are you really understanding what God has said? 191G.
There you go trying to argue with scripture again.
  • JOHN 10:30 30 I and my Father are one.
Take Care.

IndigoChild5559

As posted earlier there is nothing rude about people not believing and following God and His Word and I never said there was. It was your claim that the New testament scriptures are the same as the Quran and the book of Mormons that was the problem. Anyhow, we will agree to disagree. I will leave you waiting for your promised Messiah who in your mind has never turned up.
That is correct. There is nothing rude about it. It is part of normal life for people to disagree on things like this. Thus the complaint that it was blasphemous was out of line.

IndigoChild5559

Here I agree with your post here to @101G though. Sunday worship as a replacement for Gods' 4th commadment is a man-made teaching and tradition that is not biblical and has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. I believe mainstream Christianity have all been taught lies in Sunday school. I believe God is calling us all back to worship Him in Spirit and in truth according to His Word. Gods sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow him.
You have to understand that the claim that a teaching is manmade is irrelevant to me. In Deuteronomy 17:8-13, God grants complete authority to men to interpret the torah. It's fine if those human authorities do things like tell us what "work" means, or set up a holiday for Chanukah. It is impossible for one to actually believe in what the bible teaches, and also believe that things should be "bible only."

IndigoChild5559

no, 101G bring up scripture. and the scriptures are very relevance.
please note: in Christ Jesus, there is neither Jew or Greek..... hello, Judaism is DEAD, no more. it is not of Christ.

101G.
Nephi 4:1
1 And it came to pass that I spake unto my brethren, saying: Let us go up again unto Jerusalem, and let us be afaithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; for behold he is mightier than all the earth, then why not bmightier than Laban and his fifty, yea, or even than his tens of thousands?

samtonga43

want you please READ, "All things was made by ...... HIM. " how many persons is HIM? and to help you out, "him", was ALONE and BY HIMSELF. and u do know what ALONE means ..... having no one else present: correct? so he, he, he, didn't go through anyone else. because "ALONE" tells us that no one else is present. so either the Person in John 1:3 is the same one person in Isaiah 44:24, else you have two Gods, two creators..... which is polythetic by nature, which is anti-bible, anti-God.

now, are you reading your bible ..... with the Holy Spirit?
are you really understanding what God has said?
191G.

From John 1...
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life, and the life was the light of men.