• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: According to the scriptures we should worship God everyday of the week that was never the question. The question is where is the scripture that says we no longer need to keep Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath as a holy day of rest which is one of Gods' 4th commandments of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken.
Your response here...
Wow! When I show you the answer to the question you are refusing to understand what I said to you?
No your deflecting. I asked you a direct question in the post you are quoting from and you have not answered it. Let me ask you again here, where is the scripture that says we no longer need to keep Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath as a holy day of rest which is one of Gods' 4th commandments of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken and where does it say we need to practice Sunday worship in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - You have no scripture to support your view now do you. You are like many others following man-made teachings and traditions that have led many away from Gods Word to break the commandments of God that Jesus warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9.
I’ve seen Brian2 also relay the same information to you and yet you still don’t understand. What is it you do not understand?
I understand that you are unable to support your views from the scripture. Lets talk details and specifics. Tell me exactly what did your friend say to me and where is the scripture evidence I have been asking you for that you are unable to provide? All I see here is you running away from the discussion when asked to evidence and detail like someone else I know here.
Were Gentiles ever subject to the worship laws of the Jews? Were gentiles called to observe the Sabbath day? Were gentile makes ever called to be circumcised
According to the new covenant scriptures, Gods' Israel is no longer all those born of the flesh of the seed of Abraham but are now all those who through faith in Gods 'Word and acceptance of Christ are now born of the Spirit of God according to Gods' promise (see Romans 9:6-8).
  • Romans 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.
According to these same new covenant scriptures likewise a true Jew according to the scriptures, is not one born of the flesh but of the Spirit and true circumcision is that of the heart to love God and obey His laws not break His laws and sin.
  • Romans 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God
So it is a contradiction of the scriptures to claim we have Gods' Spirit by not doing what God asks us to do. This is only evidence that we have not been circumcised in heart to walk in God's Spirit and do not know God or have His Spirit as shown in 1 John 2:3-4 where it is written.. " 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. According to the scriptures it is further written..
  • Galatians 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.
Therefore to in the new covenant there is no longer Jews and Gentiles for we are now all one in Christ through faith being born of the Spirit of God and circumcised in heart to believe and obey what Gods' Word says. Therefore if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments which includes Gods' 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) according to James we stand guilty before God of breaking all of them
  • James 2:10-11 10, FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE IS GUILTY OF ALL. 11, for he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF THOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF THOU KILL, THOU ART BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW.
Therefore let me ask you again where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest? - Lets be honest now you have no scripture to support your view now do you.

Now if you disagree try addressing the post content showing what it is you disagree with and prove why you disagree. If you cannot than what do you have to support your view? - Nothing accept deflection and false claims and accusations you are unable to prove.

Take care

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: According to the scriptures biblical time for a day starts from sunset to sunset. The seventh day or day 1 to day 7 (Sabbath) has always been kept by the Jews for over 4000 years as Gods' seventh day Sabbath that they keep as a holy day of rest to this very present day. Mainstream Christianity has departed Gods' Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions against the very warnings of Jesus given in Matthew 15:3-9 and has no answers for this question as it cannot be answered with scripture support.
Your response here...
What day did the Jews class as the seventh day. Was it not what we would call today: ‘Friday evening to Saturday evening”’
Sure but what does that have to do with what you are quoting from?

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: No you ignored it. So where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.

Alright and what do you think this scripture means? Does it say God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath which is one of Gods 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - Nope. According to the scriptures no one is under the law of we have received Gods' forgiveness of our sins through faith in the precious blood of Jesus (see Romans 8:1-4) According to Romans 3:19-20 we are only "under Gods' law" when we break Gods' law (sin). At that time we stand guilty before God of sin and death. "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God" - Romans 3:19. Therefore if we are breaking God's law which is defined as sin in the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4) then we stand condemned and guilty before God under the laws condemnation and death and if we continue in known unrepentant sin according to Hebrews 10:26-31 we will be in danger of the judgement to come.

Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for mankind in Mark 2:27. The Sabbath was made before there was and Jews (Genesis 2:1-3). According to Romans 11:13-26 there are no more gentiles. There is only Jewish believers and gentile believers and we are now all one in Christ. Gentile believers are now grafted in through faith. So where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.

It is also written in John 17:17 Sanctify them through the truth. Your word is truth. So to worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship God according to what Gods' Word says. So let me ask you again, where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Are we worshiping God in Spirit and in truth if we do not believe and follow what God's Word says? - see Matthew 15:3-9
According to the scriptures in Acts 2:46-47 they worshiped God every day of the week and continued keeping the "seventh day" Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment of Gods 10 commandments (see Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10) as a holy day of rest according to Gods' 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11). No tell me where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.

According to Jesus in Matthew 5:17-28 Jesus did not come to abolish the law or obey the law so that we no longer have to be obedient to Gods' law. We of course are saved by Gods' grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) but genuine faith leads us to obey Gods' Word from the heart because we are saved by Gods' grace (see Romans 6:1-23). Therefore faith in Gods' Word does not abolish Gods' law like you claims here. Faith in Gods' Word establishes Gods' law as shown in Romans 3:31. This means according to James in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments we stand before God guilty of breaking all of them. This of course includes Gods' 4th commandment that is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4). Christ being the culmination of the law means that when we sin and break Gods' law and have a knowledge that we have sinned against God this is where the law of God leads us to Christ that we might seek His forgiveness through faith in His Word. Let me ask you again therefore, where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9.

Yes this is the new covenant written on the heart to obey God's law. No one has Gods' law therefore written on the heart if they are breaking God's law according to the scriptures (see Romans 6:1-23; 1 John 3:4-9 and 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12 and 22:14). Therefore it is a contradiction of the scripture to say we know God and do not obey what Gods' Word says (see Matthew 7:21-23). Now let me ask you again, where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9

Please address the content of this post
Your response here...
You write a lot of nonsense to cover the fact that you were wrong. Flooding your posts with extraneous text is a known practice for deceivers and you demonstrate that admirably here.
The post you are quoting from proves your earlier post content wrong. I asked you if you disagree to prove why you disagree and address the content of the post and scriptures that are in disagreement with you. You simply deflected because you are unable to address the post content and the scriptures provided in them that are in disagreement with you like you have done in our past discussion as shown as evidence in post # 942 linked here. So your running away again. Anyhow it is all good. It is there for others to see even if you do not want to receive correction.

Take Care.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
40 years is a symbolic term for ‘A long time’, context of which is determined by the surround events.

In other words, Noah was in the ark for ‘a long time’ possibly in MONTHS.

Moses was away from Egypt for ‘Many years’ (but not actually or even precisely, 40 years!)

Again, Moses wandered around the wilderness with the Israelites for ‘many years’. It certainly was not exactly 40 years.

Jesus spent 40 days and nights in the wilderness… I grant you that it was not exactly 40 days and nights but rather just ‘a long time in days’.

Also, Jesus’ reign is not precisely 1000 years but rather, a VERY VERY VERY long time in years… but less than eternity.
I know that 40 in the OT just means a lot. But we know that the Noah's ark story never happened. There is no scientific evidence for it and endless scientific evidence against it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well yes. Yes you did here...

Evidence show your backtracking but we are use to that right?
Is Genesis all of the Bible? Is it the only book in the Bible? She said that I claimed all of the Bible was myth. I explained how that was not correct.

How did you screw that up?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Why Saturday? Why not any other day?
Exactly! There is now no call for a sabbath worship on a specific day of the week except in the case of CORPORATE WORSHIP.

However, it has to be prominently pointed out that this corporate worship day has been hijacked to be Sunday by the Roman Catholics under Emperor Constantine to conform to worship of the Roman God, Sun!

At the end of the day there is no call for anyone to worship according to the Roman Catholic order but yet there is nothing wrong with worshipping on a Sunday as long it is not giving in to Roman Catholic ideals.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are projecting again as already proven with evidence in post post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked
showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion. You lose.

Sorry, but you just admitted that you were wrong again. All that you linked to were old failed arguments of yours. I am wondering at times if you are just trolling or if you have reading comprehension problems since you do not know how to properly support your claims. Remember the rules on how to use quotes. You did not follow those rules.

Than you should not run away and address the content of the posts you are quoting from and show what it is you disagree with and seek to prove why you disagree with what is posted to you with evidence. You fail to do this even though it has been pointed out to you in this thread by other people already. Although we have even had this discussion earlier. When I was trying to help you to learn how to debate. It seems you haven't learned a thing and still want to deflect with false claims and accusations you are unwilling to prove and run away from the discussion here.

You are not fooling anyone.

You would be hard pressed to prove anything you have posted in this section. Keep in mind that the Torah was written from a Hebrew perspective of the historical records so all you have really provided here is your opinion which is not evidence and the opinion of some others that many are in disagreement with.

Take Care

True. I have not posted any evidence yet. I can, but as I have told you before I will not lecture into the wind. You have to agree to engage in a discussion. Instead you post nonsense and run away.

When you are ready for a discussion so am I.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Exactly! There is now no call for a sabbath worship on a specific day of the week except in the case of CORPORATE WORSHIP.

However, it has to be prominently pointed out that this corporate worship day has been hijacked to be Sunday by the Roman Catholics under Emperor Constantine to conform to worship of the Roman God, Sun!

At the end of the day there is no call for anyone to worship according to the Roman Catholic order but yet there is nothing wrong with worshipping on a Sunday as long it is not giving in to Roman Catholic ideals.
I am not sure if it was hijacked to Sunday or if it was a natural event. Either way changing the day of worship does not appear to trash the 4th Commandment. As you have pointed out the Gentiles were never under that law.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Gods Spirit according to the scriptures is only given to those who repent of their sins (breaking Gods' law for sin is the transgression of the law - 1 John 3:4 and not believing and following what Gods' Word says - Romans 14:23) *see Acts 2:38; Acts 5:29.

1John 3:4 tells us that if we sin we also have transgressed the law. It does not say that each transgression of the law is sin.
Romans 14:23 tells us that things not done in faith are sin. You are putting doubts in the minds of people about the Sabbath and in that way you are the cause of them sinning.
Acts 2:38 is Peter speaking to Jews and their repentance would have been them breaking the law.
Acts 5:29 is true of course but has nothing to do with me. I do not keep Sunday as an alternative Sabbath and those who do so do not do that because they have been told to do it by men.
Acts 10:34-43 has the gentiles Peter went to receiving the Holy Spirit on hearing the gospel.

So to say that we receive Gods' Spirit while breaking Gods law is not supported in the scriptures. In fact it is written in the scriptures those who claim to know God while breaking His law are liars and the truth is not in them (see 1 John 2:3-4). Those who practice sin according to the scriptures and those who do not is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to John in 1 John 3:4-10.
Take Care.

1John 2:1-11 tells us to obey the command of Jesus and that is to love each other.
This also means not to be the cause of their sinning.
In the New Testament, the New Covenant, sin is not in the breaking of the Sabbath, just as sin is not in eating pork. You are convincing people to think they need to obey law in order to be a Christian. In that respect you are like the Jewish Christians who were teaching the Gentiles that they must be circumcised and obey the law.
You motives might be right but because of your misunderstanding of the gospel and of what constitutes sin in the New Covenant, you are being an enemy of the gospel of grace when you are saying that if people don't keep the sabbath as given to the Jews in the Covenant of Moses, they cannot be Christian.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Gods Spirit according to the scriptures is only given to those who repent of their sins (breaking Gods' law for sin is the transgression of the law - 1 John 3:4 and not believing and following what Gods' Word says - Romans 14:23) *see Acts 2:38; Acts 5:29. So to say that we receive Gods' Spirit while breaking Gods law is not supported in the scriptures. In fact it is written in the scriptures those who claim to know God while breaking His law are liars and the truth is not in them (see 1 John 2:3-4). Those who practice sin according to the scriptures and those who do not is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to John in 1 John 3:4-10.
Your response here...
1John 3:4 tells us that if we sin we also have transgressed the law. It does not say that each transgression of the law is sin.
Your post here simply is seeking to explain away the scriptures with your words that are not Gods' Word. Lets look at everything you have posted here showing what your saying is in error if it can be helpful. What you have posted above simply does not even make sense. If 1 John 3:4 says sin is the transgression of the law how can each transgression of the law not be sin? Your claims here is not biblical neither does it make any sense and is in disagreement further with James in James 2:10-11 which says if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of breaking all of them. So your understanding of the scriptures here are in error according to the bible.
Romans 14:23 tells us that things not done in faith are sin. You are putting doubts in the minds of people about the Sabbath and in that way you are the cause of them sinning.
Romans 14:23 tells us that whatsoever is not of faith is sin. 1 John 3:4 also defines sin as the breaking of anyone of Gods' commandments as shown in James 2:10-11. So it is not sin to obey Gods' Word that tells us to "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy". We show our faith by believing and obeying what Gods' Word says because whatsoever is not of faith is sin in Gods' eyes. James in James 2:13-26 also tells us that if we say we believe but do not do what Gods' Word says we do not have genuine faith and all we have is the dead faith of devils. So to say we just believe and not do what Gods' Word says only shows you do not understand what genuine faith is. Genuine faith therefore according to the scriptures is believing and following or obeying what Gods' Word says which is the fruit of genuine faith.
Acts 2:38 is Peter speaking to Jews and their repentance would have been them breaking the law.
According to the scriptures God is not a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) repentance and confession of sins (1 John 1:9; Proverbs 28:13; 1 John 3:4; Romans 14:23) are the very first conditions in receiving Gods' forgiveness.
Acts 5:29 is true of course but has nothing to do with me. I do not keep Sunday as an alternative Sabbath and those who do so do not do that because they have been told to do it by men.
Acts 5:29 has everything to do with all of us because none of us receive Gods' Spirit if we do not believe and obey what Gods' Word says. Gods Word says "Remember the Sabbath to day keep it holy" (Exodus 20:8-11). Gods' 4th commandment is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) in the new covenant *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and according to James if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin in James 2:10-11.
Acts 10:34-43 has the gentiles Peter went to receiving the Holy Spirit on hearing the gospel.
Acts 10:34-43 does not say anywhere that the gentiles received Gods' Spirit by practicing known unrepentant sin when the bible says God only gives the holy Spirit to all those who obey him in Acts 5:29. So perhaps your reading into the scriptures what is not said in the scriptures as your understanding of the scriptures here Brian contradicts what the scriptures teach earlier about repentance in Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 8:22; Acts 17:30-31. So to make a claim that repentance is not a requirement for receiving both Gods' Spirit and Gods' forgiveness of sins is not supported in the scriptures.
1John 2:1-11 tells us to obey the command of Jesus and that is to love each other. This also means not to be the cause of their sinning. In the New Testament, the New Covenant, sin is not in the breaking of the Sabbath, just as sin is not in eating pork. You are convincing people to think they need to obey law in order to be a Christian. In that respect you are like the Jewish Christians who were teaching the Gentiles that they must be circumcised and obey the law.
Actually no you are wrong here Brian, but lets look at the scriptures to show why if it might be helpful. Firstly 1 John 2:1-11 does not say Jesus law is different to the fathers law. Jesus in quoting the two great commandments of love to God and love to our fellow man in Matthew 22:36-40 is actually quoting from the scriptures in the Torah from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18. In Matthew 22:36-40 Jesus is saying that on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets. That is love is the Spirit of the law and how Gods' law is to be obeyed. Jesus is not saying here that we are now free to break Gods' law or He would not have said on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Jesus is saying that by loving God and our fellow man we will obey Gods' law from the heart. Obedience to Gods law therefore is how love is expressed. For example no one loves their neighbor by committing adultery with their neighbors spouse or be killing them. So love is expressed in obeying Gods law not breaking Gods law. This is what Paul and James are saying in the following scriptures with John who are all in agreement with Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40 who says "on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets...
  • Matthew 22:36:40 [36], Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.
  • Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; AND IF THERE BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, IT IS BRIEFLY SUMMED UP IN THIS SAYING, NAMELY, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.
  • James 2:8-12 [8], IF YOU FULFILL THE ROYAL LAW ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, YOU DO WELL: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10], FOR WHOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE IS GUILTY OF ALL. [11], FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW. [12], So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
  • 1 John 5:2-4 [2], BY THIS WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[3], FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: AND HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT GRIEVOUS. [4], For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and THIS IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD, EVEN OUR FAITH.
  • 2 John 1:6 AND THIS IS LOVE THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. THIS IS THE COMMANDMENT, THAT, AS YOU HAVE HEARD FROM THE BEGINNING, YOU SHOULD WALK IN IT.
So as shown from the scriptures above love is not separate from Gods law. Love is expressed in obeying Gods law from the heart. So disobedience to Gods law only shows we do not love God or our neighbor as our self as these two commandments are simply summing up all the law and the prophets according to Paul in Romans 13:8-10; James in James 2:8-12; John in 2 John 1:6; 1 John 5:2-4; 1 John 2:3-4 who are all in agreement with Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40.
You motives might be right but because of your misunderstanding of the gospel and of what constitutes sin in the New Covenant, you are being an enemy of the gospel of grace when you are saying that if people don't keep the sabbath as given to the Jews in the Covenant of Moses, they cannot be Christian.
As shown above dear friend your words here apply to yourself please receive Gods' correction from the scriptures and be blessed.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: You are projecting again as already proven with evidence in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion. You lose.
Your response here...
Sorry, but you just admitted that you were wrong again. All that you linked to were old failed arguments of yours. I am wondering at times if you are just trolling or if you have reading comprehension problems since you do not know how to properly support your claims. Remember the rules on how to use quotes. You did not follow those rules.
Sorry dear friend but none of that has any truth in it. You have only been provided evidence that shows your false claims and accusations have no truth in them and your running away from our discussion. I am enjoying out chat with you though even if you cannot prove your claims here.
You are not fooling anyone.
Perhaps your words here are reflected back to you. You are not fooling anyone dear friend. Others can see you do not respond to post content and simply make false claims and accusations here your not able to prove. Evidence you cannot argue against has also been provided so all can see who is being truthful and who is not in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion. You lose
True. I have not posted any evidence yet. I can, but as I have told you before I will not lecture into the wind. You have to agree to engage in a discussion. Instead you post nonsense and run away.
Then we are in agreement you make false claims and accusations that are not supported by any evidence and than when challenged to provide evidence you run away. Its good we are in agreement about something.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Either way changing the day of worship does not appear to trash the 4th Commandment. As you have pointed out the Gentiles were never under that law.
You seriously do not know the scriptures why pretend that you do? If you disagree please address the scriptures and the post content that prove why your friends comments earlier were in error in post # 982 linked and post # 949 linked. If you cannot than why make up stuff that is not supported in the bible than run away again?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

Sorry dear friend but none of that has any truth in it. You have only been provided evidence that shows your false claims and accusations have no truth in them and your running away from our discussion. I am enjoying out chat with you though even if you cannot prove your claims here.

Perhaps your words here are reflected back to you. You are not fooling anyone dear friend. Others can see you do not respond to post content and simply make false claims and accusations here your not able to prove. Evidence you cannot argue against has also been provided so all can see who is being truthful and who is not in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion. You lose

Then we are in agreement you make false claims and accusations that are not supported by any evidence and than when challenged to provide evidence you run away. Its good we are in agreement about something.

Take Care.
No, we have gone over this. Posting links to old debates that you lost is not evidence. And this has been explained to you countless times. Anyone that cares to look will just see links to arguments that you lost. When you repeat that behavior you are only admitting that you are wrong.

If you want a discussion you have to follow reasonable rules of debate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You seriously do not know the scriptures why pretend that you do? If you disagree please address the scriptures and the post content that prove why your friends comments earlier were in error in post # 982 linked and post # 949 linked. If you cannot than why make up stuff that is not supported in the bible than run away again?
No need when you keep admitting that you are wrong.

But then you know that you will lose if you follow reasonable rules of debate

And just to remind you that you do run away all of the time when you cannot answer questions

1 Peter 3 15

Soapy

According to the scriptures we should worship God everyday of the week that was never the question. The question is where is the scripture that says we no longer need to keep Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath as a holy day of rest which is one of Gods' 4th commandments of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken.
Gods laws are not to be burdens on His subjects.

God does not shackle us to the law. The seventh day was set aside for the purpose of worship.

Soapy

Your response here...

So that is a no than? You have no scripture do you that says Gods' 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. I did not think so. Your full post was already refuted as well section by section in post # 949 linked. Your response was to ignore it - silence. Just like what you have been doing in many of our past discussions as shown here in post # 942 linked.

Take care.
Do you not know how to give in gracefully when you are wrong?

3rdAngel

Do you not know how to give in gracefully when you are wrong?
Perhaps that is the question you should ask yourself. You have already lost being unresponsive to the post content and the scriptures already provided that prove your earlier posts in error. So that is a no than from you? You have no scripture do you that says Gods' 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. I did not think so. Your full post was already refuted as well section by section in post # 949 linked. Your response was to ignore it - silence. Just like what you have been doing in many of our past discussions as shown here in post # 942 linked. Lets talk more when you can address the linked posts that prove why you are in error.

Take care.

Last edited: