• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, definitely not. That would be an error on my part. There are parts of the Bible that are confirmed by history. There are parts of the Bible that are refuted by history.
(The history that you believe. And not to leave out for the sake of fair discussion, that many others believe also.)

YoursTrue

By the way, there is nothing wrong with using the Bible to understand the Bible. But one has to remember at times that one cannot read it literally. That is an error that quickly refutes the Bible if one demands all or nothing. You end up with nothing.
It is clear (to me) that not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. Such as dead people talking...:)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
(The history that you believe. And not to leave out for the sake of fair discussion, that many others believe also.)
The history that can be confirmed with reliable sources.

And we do not need history. Genesis is refuted by the science when it comes to the creation myth and the magic boat tour myth. Archaeology and linguistics refutes the tower of Babel myth. . The on to Exodus where again the story makes claims that can be checked using archaeology. That fails.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And there is good news for Christians. Just about every unjust act of genocide by God or his ordered ones do not appear to have happened as the Bible claims either.

YoursTrue

The history that can be confirmed with reliable sources.

And we do not need history. Genesis is refuted by the science when it comes to the creation myth and the magic boat tour myth. Archaeology and linguistics refutes the tower of Babel myth. . The on to Exodus where again the story makes claims that can be checked using archaeology. That fails.
I wasn't there. I believe what the Bible says about the flood and the history of religion and the history of the Jews leading to the Redeemer. I made that decision. I also believe that everlasting life is promised for many, and hellfire is a fabrication by those who do not understand the Bible. Since this is not the topic of this thread, however, I'll look into the history of the days of the week. asap. As we have already ascertained, however, each day of creation is c-l-e-a-r-l-y not 24 hours each but rather a distinct time period with a beginning and an end. Except for -- (well, you know what...) Once again -- it's getting late -- and, according to the clock, it's the "next day" since, I think, since 12:00 a.m. I'm in the next day now since when? 11:59? or 12:00 a.m.? later...

Brian2

Veteran Member
According to the scriptures biblical time for a day starts from sunset to sunset. The seventh day or day 1 to day 7 (Sabbath) has always been kept by the Jews for over 4000 years as Gods' seventh day Sabbath that they keep as a holy day of rest to this very present day. Mainstream Christianity has departed Gods' Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions against the very warnings of Jesus given in Matthew 15:3-9 and has no answers for this question as it cannot be answered with scripture support.

The Spirit who was given at Pentecost takes the place of the law that was given at the first Pentecost, when Moses came down the mountain with the ten commandments.
Eternal life is knowing God and Jesus whom God sent.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I wasn't there. I believe what the Bible says about the flood and the history of religion and the history of the Jews leading to the Redeemer. I made that decision. I also believe that everlasting life is promised for many, and hellfire is a fabrication by those who do not understand the Bible. Since this is not the topic of this thread, however, I'll look into the history of the days of the week. asap. As we have already ascertained, however, each day of creation is c-l-e-a-r-l-y not 24 hours each but rather a distinct time period with a beginning and an end. Except for -- (well, you know what...) Once again -- it's getting late -- and, according to the clock, it's the "next day" since, I think, since 12:00 a.m. I'm in the next day now since when? 11:59? or 12:00 a.m.? later...
You should try to find out the truth. And it is too bad that you do not understand those stories. Quite a few of them make God look stupid, incompetent or evil. Why believe that about your God?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Here let me ask you again slowly... What are you even talking about? How does what you are posting here respond to anything I have ever said to you? It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't. Did you want to try again?
You know what it says and cannot refute it so you take taking the line of denying any of it makes sense…

This a typical behaviour at term of someone who considers deception the norm for his debate sessions.

Soapy

That does not appear to be the case. Moses is also legendary at best. If there was a real Moses he was nothing like in the Bible. For example if you go by the Biblical method of dating using birthdays and ages of parents Moses escaped from Egypt, roamed for forty years, and ended back up in Egypt.

You see at that time, using the figures in the Bible, Egypt's empire stretched north to Syria. All of Canaan would have been in Egypt at that time.
40 years is a symbolic term for ‘A long time’, context of which is determined by the surround events.

In other words, Noah was in the ark for ‘a long time’ possibly in MONTHS.

Moses was away from Egypt for ‘Many years’ (but not actually or even precisely, 40 years!)

Again, Moses wandered around the wilderness with the Israelites for ‘many years’. It certainly was not exactly 40 years.

Jesus spent 40 days and nights in the wilderness… I grant you that it was not exactly 40 days and nights but rather just ‘a long time in days’.

Also, Jesus’ reign is not precisely 1000 years but rather, a VERY VERY VERY long time in years… but less than eternity.

Soapy

According to the scriptures we should worship God everyday of the week that was never the question. The question is where is the scripture that says we no longer need to keep Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath as a holy day of rest which is one of Gods' 4th commandments of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken.
Wow! When I show you the answer to the question you are refusing to understand what I said to you?

I’ve seen Brian2 also relay the same information to you and yet you still don’t understand.

What is it you do not understand? Were Gentiles ever subject to the worship laws of the Jews?

Were gentiles called to observe the Sabbath day?

Were gentile makes ever called to be circumcised?

Soapy

According to the scriptures biblical time for a day starts from sunset to sunset. The seventh day or day 1 to day 7 (Sabbath) has always been kept by the Jews for over 4000 years as Gods' seventh day Sabbath that they keep as a holy day of rest to this very present day. Mainstream Christianity has departed Gods' Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions against the very warnings of Jesus given in Matthew 15:3-9 and has no answers for this question as it cannot be answered with scripture support.
What day did the Jews class as the seventh day. Was it not what we would call today:
  • ‘Friday evening to Saturday evening”’

Soapy

Your response here...

No you ignored it. So where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.

Alright and what do you think this scripture means? Does it say God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath which is one of Gods 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - Nope. According to the scriptures no one is under the law of we have received Gods' forgiveness of our sins through faith in the precious blood of Jesus (see Romans 8:1-4) According to Romans 3:19-20 we are only "under Gods' law" when we break Gods' law (sin). At that time we stand guilty before God of sin and death. "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God" - Romans 3:19. Therefore if we are breaking God's law which is defined as sin in the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4) then we stand condemned and guilty before God under the laws condemnation and death and if we continue in known unrepentant sin according to Hebrews 10:26-31 we will be in danger of the judgement to come.

Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for mankind in Mark 2:27. The Sabbath was made before there was and Jews (Genesis 2:1-3). According to Romans 11:13-26 there are no more gentiles. There is only Jewish believers and gentile believers and we are now all one in Christ. Gentile believers are now grafted in through faith. So where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.

It is also written in John 17:17 Sanctify them through the truth. Your word is truth. So to worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship God according to what Gods' Word says. So let me ask you again, where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Are we worshiping God in Spirit and in truth if we do not believe and follow what God's Word says? - see Matthew 15:3-9
According to the scriptures in Acts 2:46-47 they worshiped God every day of the week and continued keeping the "seventh day" Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment of Gods 10 commandments (see Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10) as a holy day of rest according to Gods' 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11). No tell me where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.

According to Jesus in Matthew 5:17-28 Jesus did not come to abolish the law or obey the law so that we no longer have to be obedient to Gods' law. We of course are saved by Gods' grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) but genuine faith leads us to obey Gods' Word from the heart because we are saved by Gods' grace (see Romans 6:1-23). Therefore faith in Gods' Word does not abolish Gods' law like you claims here. Faith in Gods' Word establishes Gods' law as shown in Romans 3:31. This means according to James in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments we stand before God guilty of breaking all of them. This of course includes Gods' 4th commandment that is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4). Christ being the culmination of the law means that when we sin and break Gods' law and have a knowledge that we have sinned against God this is where the law of God leads us to Christ that we might seek His forgiveness through faith in His Word. Let me ask you again therefore, where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9.

Yes this is the new covenant written on the heart to obey God's law. No one has Gods' law therefore written on the heart if they are breaking God's law according to the scriptures (see Romans 6:1-23; 1 John 3:4-9 and 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12 and 22:14). Therefore it is a contradiction of the scripture to say we know God and do not obey what Gods' Word says (see Matthew 7:21-23). Now let me ask you again, where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9

Please address the content of this post.
You write a lot of nonsense to cover the fact that you were wrong.

Flooding your posts with extraneous text is a known practice for deceivers and you demonstrate that admirably here.

You have already been told that sabbath day was Friday to Saturday for the Jews but that empower Constantine introduced and demanded that Christian’s must adopt the Roman day of worshipping THEIR SUN GOD on the first day of the Jewish week - which became know as ‘SUN-DAY’.

It’s amazing that you are still demanding answers to a question you have been given the answer to many many times.

samtonga43

You write a lot of nonsense to cover the fact that you were wrong.

Flooding your posts with extraneous text is a known practice for deceivers and you demonstrate that admirably here.

You have already been told that sabbath day was Friday to Saturday for the Jews but that empower Constantine introduced and demanded that Christian’s must adopt the Roman day of worshipping THEIR SUN GOD on the first day of the Jewish week - which became know as ‘SUN-DAY’. It’s amazing that you are still demanding answers to a question you have been given the answer to many many times.

You have an acolyte, SZ!! :eek:

samtonga43

Do you remember one of the first questions that I asked of and that you continually ran away from? I know, when one runs away so often it is hard to remember. I . The stories did not happen. Like it or not the Earth is billions of years old and man is the product of evolution.
Theistic evolution, of course.

3rdAngel

Do you remember one of the first questions that I asked of and that you continually ran away from?
You are projecting again as already proven with evidence in post post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked
showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion. You lose.
I know, when one runs away so often it is hard to remember. I asked you if you were playing silly fanfiction games or not. Now it appears that you are. Once again, Genesis is demonstrably myth. The stories did not happen. Like it or not the Earth is billions of years old and man is the product of evolution.
Than you should not run away and address the content of the posts you are quoting from and show what it is you disagree with and seek to prove why you disagree with what is posted to you with evidence. You fail to do this even though it has been pointed out to you in this thread by other people already. Although we have even had this discussion earlier. When I was trying to help you to learn how to debate. It seems you haven't learned a thing and still want to deflect with false claims and accusations you are unwilling to prove and run away from the discussion here.
Also the Babylonians and the Sumerians before them have a history that goes way back. The ancient Hebrews . . . not so much. You would be hard pressed to find anything prior to 1,000 BCE and a good part of the Bible was written during the Babylonian captivity. They even borrowed some of their stories from them.
You would be hard pressed to prove anything you have posted in this section. Keep in mind that the Torah was written from a Hebrew perspective of the historical records so all you have really provided here is your opinion which is not evidence and the opinion of some others that many are in disagreement with.

Take Care

3rdAngel

Even IF I disagree with some of the positions other posters may have, I feel obliged to mention that rather than you going to the scriptures to show where others are wrong, in your opinion, you just keep saying that the Bible is a book of myths rather than address what is spoken of. Furthermore, not ALL agree that a day in the creation account means 24 hours. Clearly, as we have discussed before.
Hey YT, welcome. Nice to see others picking up on what I have been trying to tell @Subduction Zone for some time now. Hopefully this will be helpful for his learning. If not you can only lead a horse to water right? I did have a giggle reading your post. Thanks you made my day. :)

Take Care.

3rdAngel

The Spirit who was given at Pentecost takes the place of the law that was given at the first Pentecost, when Moses came down the mountain with the ten commandments. Eternal life is knowing God and Jesus whom God sent.
Gods Spirit according to the scriptures is only given to those who repent of their sins (breaking Gods' law for sin is the transgression of the law - 1 John 3:4 and not believing and following what Gods' Word says - Romans 14:23) *see Acts 2:38; Acts 5:29. So to say that we receive Gods' Spirit while breaking Gods law is not supported in the scriptures. In fact it is written in the scriptures those who claim to know God while breaking His law are liars and the truth is not in them (see 1 John 2:3-4). Those who practice sin according to the scriptures and those who do not is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to John in 1 John 3:4-10.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Here let me ask you again slowly... What are you even talking about? How does what you are posting here respond to anything I have ever said to you? It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't. Did you want to try again?
Your response here...
You know what it says and cannot refute it so you take taking the line of denying any of it makes sense…This a typical behaviour at term of someone who considers deception the norm for his debate sessions.
So that is a no than? You have no scripture do you that says Gods' 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. I did not think so. Your full post was already refuted as well section by section in post # 949 linked. Your response was to ignore it - silence. Just like what you have been doing in many of our past discussions as shown here in post # 942 linked.

Take care.