• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

I asked you to post me a link and show proof of anything I said that was wrong. So far you have been incapable of producing a link that shows what I said was wrong along with your reasons. That is very telling about what you are attempting to claim against me.

Well none of that is true. Nearly everything you have posted from the scriptures has already been proven to be in error. But here friends this was posted to you earlier. Lets talk facts and evidence and lets be truthful and provide evidence for our claims. For example you made claims that post # 351 linked showing the plural meaning of one and the oneness of God and its supported scriptures, was in error which was you quoting you without showing what you believe the post content was in error in post # 355 linked. You were never able to support your assertions and never responded to the content of the first post that proves why you are in error. Then all you responded with was a bunch of name calling and false accusations in post # 359 linked and post # 360 linked without addressing anything in any of my posts showing why you were in disagreement. So all we have from you so far in our discussion was nothing but name calling without addressing anything in the post you were responding to (evidence supplied in the linked posts above).

Then in post # 366 linked you make the claims unsupported by scripture that Jesus is not God. Your post here was responded to with a detailed scripture response proving the Hebrew use of "echad" or one has plural meaning and provided supporting scriptures to the oneness of God in post # 382 linked proving your linked post above false. You simply ignored my response to you and did not address anything in it.

You then posted further nonsense in post # 376 linked, that did not address anything in any of my responses to you trying to further claim that Jesus was not God which was again addressed with a detail response to you in post # 384 linked proving from the scriptures and addressing your post section by section showing the scriptures calling Lord Jesus God. Your response was to completely ignore the posts and scriptures shared with you that are in disagreement with you not simply quote you without addressing any of the scriptures and posts that are in disagreement with you.

Then you made a post # 374 linked making all these false claims and assertions that Gods 4th commandment has been abolished and we can any day a Sabbath and Gods 4th commandment was no longer necessary. This one was totally debunked in post # 388 linked. Once again your response was unresponsive silence unwilling to address all the scriptures that were in disagreement with your false claims and accusations (can you see a pattern here). The evidence provided in the linked posts here prove that your claims a untruthful and false and that all of these posts have been addressed with a detailed scripture response proving why your posting falsehood. Yet all that we get in response from you is silence.

From here you try and make a strawman argument proof by contradiction in post # 425 linked which was never an argument I was making from the beginning if you bothered to read my responses to you that you did not address. Your post once again was addressed in detail in post # 430 linked showing scripture calling Jesus God verbatim and addressing your post section by section showing what you were posting is not supported in the bible. You response once again was to ignore the posts and the scriptures that prove why you were in error and run away from the discussion.

Well there you have it. You asked for one link providing proof that you are wrong. You have been provided multiple links for which you have ignored and not responded to the content of these posts and scriptures that are in disagreement with you. Try addressing my posts to you if you disagree with anything I have said here and lets discuss the detail. Please don't make up stuff that is untruthful and waste everyone's time.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: What are you even talking about? How does this respond to the post you are quoting from. It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't.
Your response here...
Did I answer to this before???

Anyway, this is what Deut 5:15 says:
  • “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.”
Now, you remember that Gentiles are not under the law of the Jews…?

So how are Gentiles meant to ‘Observe the Sabbath day’?

Moreover, Jesus told the Samaritan woman that ‘Worship’ was no longer to be ‘On the mountain’ or ‘In Jerusalem’ but rather, ‘In Spirit and in Truth’.

This means that ANYONE /EVERYONE should worship God in reverence WHEREEVER and WHENEVER they can… they do not have to have a special day for worship.

However, CORPORATE WORSHIP is not abolished:Whenever two or three are gathered together in my name - there I am in the midst of you’.
  • “Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath through-out their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed” Exod. (31:16-17)
Remember that Jesus is ‘The End of the Law’:
  • “Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.” (Romans 10:4)
The laws given to Moses was written tablets of stone but Jesus became the new law written in our hearts and minds which cannot he damaged nor destroyed (we all know them but we can manage to ignore them!!)

You simply ignored the question in the post you are responding to. Let me ask you again where is the scripture in the bible that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is none is there. I am referring you back to post # 388 linked that you simply ignored and did not respond to. I am still waiting for a response from you.

Take Care.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here let me ask you again slowly... What are you even talking about? How does what you are posting here respond to anything I have ever said to you? It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't. Did you want to try again?
You appear to be jumping to a faulty conclusion. How does allowing people to observe the sabbath when they wish destroy the 4th Commandment?

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Here let me ask you again slowly... What are you even talking about? How does what you are posting here respond to anything I have ever said to you? It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't. Did you want to try again?
Your response here...
You appear to be jumping to a faulty conclusion. How does allowing people to observe the sabbath when they wish destroy the 4th Commandment?
There is no faulty conclusions. You might need to explain yourself a little better here. Your response here does not make any sense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

There is no faulty conclusions. You might need to explain yourself a little better here. Your response here does not make any sense.
You made an accusation, that means that you need to be able to support it.

How is worshipping God on a different day destroying the 4th Commandment?

Do you even know where the seven day week comes from?

3rdAngel

You made an accusation, that means that you need to be able to support it. How is worshipping God on a different day destroying the 4th Commandment? Do you even know where the seven day week comes from?
According to the scriptures we should worship God everyday of the week that was never the question. The question is where is the scripture that says we no longer need to keep Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath as a holy day of rest which is one of Gods' 4th commandments of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: What are you even talking about? How does this respond to the post you are quoting from. It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't.
Your response here...
Did I answer to this before???
No you ignored it. So where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.
Anyway, this is what Deut 5:15 says: “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.”
Alright and what do you think this scripture means? Does it say God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath which is one of Gods 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - Nope.
Now, you remember that Gentiles are not under the law of the Jews…?
According to the scriptures no one is under the law of we have received Gods' forgiveness of our sins through faith in the precious blood of Jesus (see Romans 8:1-4) According to Romans 3:19-20 we are only "under Gods' law" when we break Gods' law (sin). At that time we stand guilty before God of sin and death. "Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God" - Romans 3:19. Therefore if we are breaking God's law which is defined as sin in the scriptures (see 1 John 3:4) then we stand condemned and guilty before God under the laws condemnation and death and if we continue in known unrepentant sin according to Hebrews 10:26-31 we will be in danger of the judgement to come.
So how are Gentiles meant to ‘Observe the Sabbath day’?
Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for mankind in Mark 2:27. The Sabbath was made before there was and Jews (Genesis 2:1-3). According to Romans 11:13-26 there are no more gentiles. There is only Jewish believers and gentile believers and we are now all one in Christ. Gentile believers are now grafted in through faith. So where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.
Moreover, Jesus told the Samaritan woman that ‘Worship’ was no longer to be ‘On the mountain’ or ‘In Jerusalem’ but rather, ‘In Spirit and in Truth’
It is also written in John 17:17 Sanctify them through the truth. Your word is truth. So to worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship God according to what Gods' Word says. So let me ask you again, where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Are we worshiping God in Spirit and in truth if we do not believe and follow what God's Word says? - see Matthew 15:3-9
This means that ANYONE /EVERYONE should worship God in reverence WHEREEVER and WHENEVER they can… they do not have to have a special day for worship.
According to the scriptures in Acts 2:46-47 they worshiped God every day of the week and continued keeping the "seventh day" Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment of Gods 10 commandments (see Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10) as a holy day of rest according to Gods' 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11). No tell me where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there.
Remember that Jesus is ‘The End of the Law’:“Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.” (Romans 10:4)
According to Jesus in Matthew 5:17-28 Jesus did not come to abolish the law or obey the law so that we no longer have to be obedient to Gods' law. We of course are saved by Gods' grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) but genuine faith leads us to obey Gods' Word from the heart because we are saved by Gods' grace (see Romans 6:1-23). Therefore faith in Gods' Word does not abolish Gods' law like you claims here. Faith in Gods' Word establishes Gods' law as shown in Romans 3:31. This means according to James in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments we stand before God guilty of breaking all of them. This of course includes Gods' 4th commandment that is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4). Christ being the culmination of the law means that when we sin and break Gods' law and have a knowledge that we have sinned against God this is where the law of God leads us to Christ that we might seek His forgiveness through faith in His Word. Let me ask you again therefore, where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9.
The laws given to Moses was written tablets of stone but Jesus became the new law written in our hearts and minds which cannot he damaged nor destroyed (we all know them but we can manage to ignore them!!)
Yes this is the new covenant written on the heart to obey God's law. No one has Gods' law therefore written on the heart if they are breaking God's law according to the scriptures (see Romans 6:1-23; 1 John 3:4-9 and 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12 and 22:14). Therefore it is a contradiction of the scripture to say we know God and do not obey what Gods' Word says (see Matthew 7:21-23). Now let me ask you again, where does it say anywhere in the scriptures that Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandment that the new covenant says gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus? - There is no scripture is there. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9

Please address the content of this post.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
According to the scriptures we should worship God everyday of the week that was never the question. The question is where is the scripture that says we no longer need to keep Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath as a holy day of rest which is one of Gods' 4th commandments of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken.
Why Saturday? Why not any other day?

3rdAngel

Why Saturday? Why not any other day?
According to the scriptures biblical time for a day starts from sunset to sunset. The seventh day or day 1 to day 7 (Sabbath) has always been kept by the Jews for over 4000 years as Gods' seventh day Sabbath that they keep as a holy day of rest to this very present day. Mainstream Christianity has departed Gods' Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions against the very warnings of Jesus given in Matthew 15:3-9 and has no answers for this question as it cannot be answered with scripture support.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
According to the scriptures biblical time for a day starts from sunset to sunset. The seventh day or day 1 to day 7 (Sabbath) has always been kept by the Jews for over 4000 years as Gods' seventh day Sabbath that they keep as a holy day of rest to this very present day.

You need some solid evidence for that. And sorry, but the Bible does not count. You might want to Google the origin of the seven day week Here is a helpful hint, Genesis is a book of myth and was put in its final form during the Babylonian captivity.

3rdAngel

You need some solid evidence for that. And sorry, but the Bible does not count. You might want to Google the origin of the seven day week Here is a helpful hint, Genesis is a book of myth and was put in its final form during the Babylonian captivity.
There was no Babylon at creation. The Hebrews have always had a 7 day week for counting the weeks and Sabbaths according to the Hebrew scriptures (see Genesis 1) and the Jewish reckoning of time which is based on the Torah.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There was no Babylon at creation. The Hebrews have always had a 7 day week for counting the weeks and Sabbaths according to the Hebrew scriptures (see Genesis 1) and the Jewish reckoning of time which is based on the Torah.

Do you remember one of the first questions that I asked of and that you continually ran away from? I know, when one runs away so often it is hard to remember. I asked you if you were playing silly fanfiction games or not. Now it appears that you are. Once again, Genesis is demonstrably myth. The stories did not happen. Like it or not the Earth is billions of years old and man is the product of evolution.

Also the Babylonians and the Sumerians before them have a history that goes way back. The ancient Hebrews . . . not so much. You would be hard pressed to find anything prior to 1,000 BCE and a good part of the Bible was written during the Babylonian captivity. They even borrowed some of their stories from them.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Do you remember one of the first questions that I asked of and that you continually ran away from? I know, when one runs away so often it is hard to remember. I asked you if you were playing silly fanfiction games or not. Now it appears that you are. Once again, Genesis is demonstrably myth. The stories did not happen. Like it or not the Earth is billions of years old and man is the product of evolution.

Also the Babylonians and the Sumerians before them have a history that goes way back. The ancient Hebrews . . . not so much. You would be hard pressed to find anything prior to 1,000 BCE and a good part of the Bible was written during the Babylonian captivity. They even borrowed some of their stories from them.
Even IF I disagree with some of the positions other posters may have, I feel obliged to mention that rather than you going to the scriptures to show where others are wrong, in your opinion, you just keep saying that the Bible is a book of myths rather than address what is spoken of. Furthermore, not ALL agree that a day in the creation account means 24 hours. Clearly, as we have discussed before.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

The "Hebrews" had a history before Moses but it was Moses that detailed their account, especially from his time onward until his death. I know you don't believe that, but others do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even IF I disagree with some of the positions other posters may have, I feel obliged to mention that rather than you going to the scriptures to show where others are wrong, in your opinion, you just keep saying that the Bible is a book of myths rather than address what is spoken of. Furthermore, not ALL agree that a day in the creation account means 24 hours. Clearly, as we have discussed before.
Did I say that all of it is myths? I said that Genesis is demonstrably myth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The "Hebrews" had a history before Moses but it was Moses that detailed their account, especially from his time onward until his death. I know you don't believe that, but others do.
That does not appear to be the case. Moses is also legendary at best. If there was a real Moses he was nothing like in the Bible. For example if you go by the Biblical method of dating using birthdays and ages of parents Moses escaped from Egypt, roamed for forty years, and ended back up in Egypt.

You see at that time, using the figures in the Bible, Egypt's empire stretched north to Syria. All of Canaan would have been in Egypt at that time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
By the way, there is nothing wrong with using the Bible to understand the Bible. But one has to remember at times that one cannot read it literally. That is an error that quickly refutes the Bible if one demands all or nothing. You end up with nothing.