• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: You never asked me the first time what is the first day of the week. In the Hebrew reckoning system it has always been our time Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset after the seventh day Sabbath that starts from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. Now tell me what does that have to do with the post and scriptures you are responding to that is in disagreement with you that says that the Sabbath is not any day of the week? - Nothing. The scripture that disagrees with you says that Gods' Sabbath is "the seventh day" of the week which is in disagreement with you. Are you going to respond to the post you are quoting from now?
Your response here...
The FIRST DAY of the Jewish WEEK is what is NOW LABELLED ‘SUNDAY’.

Many website sources cite similar information:
  • “According to Jewish tradition, that seventh day is Saturday. This is the day of the week set aside for rest and worship, making Sunday the start of the new week. According to one blogger: Sunday was traditionally regarded as the first day of the week by both Christians and Jews.”
  • “The Gregorian calendar, currently used in most countries, is derived from the Hebrew calendar, where Sunday is considered the beginning of the week. Although in Judaism the Sabbath is on Saturday, while in Christianity it is on Sunday,…”
  • “The Jewish Sabbath (from Hebrew shavat, “to rest”) is observed throughout the year on the seventh day of the week—Saturday.”
And, guess what:
  • “On March 7, 321, however, Roman Emperor Constantine I issued a civil decree making Sunday a day of rest from labor, stating: All judges and city people and the craftsmen shall rest upon the venerable day of the sun.”
(I wanted to highlight parts of that quote to show more clearly how Sunday became the ROMAN SABBATH… but then I realised that the whole quote was fully relevant!!! So I left it un-bolded!)

Well, now are you going to say that what I said was wrong….

(oh! You still haven’t shown me where ANYTHING that I said to you is/was incorrect along with the PROOF of that incorrectness… what’s wrong?!! ‘Dog ate your pen?’)

What are you even talking about? How does this respond to the post you are quoting from. It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Please, drop the false accusations, or support them. You do not even appear to understand what deflecting is.
More deflection... yes I understand it. You do a lot of it. If you believe I am making false accusations prove it. If you cannot your deflecting because I have already provided evidence that this is what you are doing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
More deflection... yes I understand it. You do a lot of it.
No, you are sadly mistaken. As usual. Funny, you demand that others support their claims but you do not seem to understand how to support your own.

By the way one of the reasons that I keep mentioning that you run away from the question on 1 Peter 3 15 is to show people that my claim of you running away is valid.

3rdAngel

No, you are sadly mistaken. As usual. Funny, you demand that others support their claims but you do not seem to understand how to support your own. By the way one of the reasons that I keep mentioning that you run away from the question on 1 Peter 3 15 is to show people that my claim of you running away is valid.

Prove your claims. Links please. You have none do you. I did not think you did :)

3rdAngel

I regularly prove the only one that matters. Links are not needed for that. Just a mere question that you run away from is more than enough.

1 Peter 3 15
Link please you have none do you. Therefore you have no evidence. As links to supporting posts are evidence as to what we claim are true or not true. So don't you think it time to stop with the false accusations? If you have no evidence for your claims just say so and be honest..

Last edited:

samtonga43

Link please you have none do you. Therefore you have no evidence. As links to supporting posts are evidence as to what we claim are true or not true. So don't you think it time to stop with the false accusations? If you have no evidence for your claims just say so and be honest..

You know, SZ used to annoy me, 3rdAngel, but I now find his posts amusing, in a pitiful sort of way.

I’m actually beginning to feel sorry for him. He tries so hard to goad certain posters, but is remarkably ineffective, due to his weird and repetitive non sequiturs.

He seems to me to be obsessive. Maybe we shouldn’t encourage him…?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
N
You know, SZ used to annoy me, 3rdAngel, but I now find his posts amusing, in a pitiful sort of way.

I’m actually beginning to feel sorry for him. He tries so hard to goad certain posters, but is remarkably ineffective, due to his weird and repetitive non sequiturs.

He seems to me to be obsessive. Maybe we shouldn’t encourage him…?
Oh my! Massive projection. You can do rather well with some here. Mostly other theists, but like our friend here when you make a claim that puts a burden of proof on you you run away. You did so last night. @3rdAngel does not appear to know how to support his posts and tends to ignore or run away when others support theirs. My reference to that is almost always the page that we are on. There is no need to dig deeper. For example I asked him if he was making the error of only using the Bible and how he justified that. He never could or never would answer that. . Then huis behavior escalated to the point where one begins to doubt his actual beliefs which led to asking him why he cannot follow a specific Bible verse. He was not following it so he ran.

Have you not noticed how many times I put that verse here? You should have looked it up. It was a stark reminder that he was running away. I needed no links when he ran away regularly. Sound familiar? Like you he likes to rerun old debates that he lost. I merely move on. You should try that sometime.

3rdAngel

You know, SZ used to annoy me, 3rdAngel, but I now find his posts amusing, in a pitiful sort of way. I’m actually beginning to feel sorry for him. He tries so hard to goad certain posters, but is remarkably ineffective, due to his weird and repetitive non sequiturs. He seems to me to be obsessive. Maybe we shouldn’t encourage him…?
Hey Sam nice to meet you. Thanks for your post. I had a bit of a laugh when I read it. Yea I have been finding his posts amusing as well. I think its a little funny when he makes false claims and accusations and when challenged he is not able to support what he is saying and runs away from the discussion. I am wondering if I should just ignore him now too as he does not seem to have anything to contribute to the thread. I tried to help him earlier in order to have a discussion with him. I tried explaining that if he wants to have a friendly discussion with someone he needs to address the other persons post content and show what it is he disagrees with and why and explain why he is in disagreement and to provide supportive evidence of his claims and accusation to prove why he may not agree. I also tried helping him to see that it is useless to simply make a statement that he does not agree with something someone says without showing why but I think he refuses to receive any helpful advice here. So all he is doing here now is making false claims and accusations without addressing detailed post content that is in disagreement with him than when challenged to prove his claims and accusations with evidence he just continues to run away, deny rinse and repeat. You are correct. I did find it amusing toying with his false claims by asking for evidence he was never able to provide, but like you I am also starting to feel a little sorry for him now and even more so because he cannot even see how ineffectual his debating style is. Perhaps it might be time to simply ignore him. Thanks for the observations you have made. They are the same as mine.

PS. For some reason he quoted you under my name in the post above mine. Perhaps he wanted to respond to you but did not want you to be notified of his response or he made a mistake.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hey Sam nice to meet you. Thanks for your post. I had a bit of a laugh when I read it. Yea I have been finding his posts amusing as well. I think its a little funny when he makes false claims and accusations and when challenged he is not able to support what he is saying and runs away from the discussion. I am wondering if I should just ignore him now too as he does not seem to have anything to contribute to the thread. I tried to help him earlier in order to have a discussion with him. I tried explaining that if he wants to have a friendly discussion with someone he needs to address the other persons post content and show what it is he disagrees with and why and explain why he is in disagreement and to provide supportive evidence of his claims and accusation to prove why he may not agree. I also tried helping him to see that it is useless to simply make a statement that he does not agree with something someone says without showing why but I think he refuses to receive any helpful advice here. So all he is doing here now is making false claims and accusations without addressing detailed post content that is in disagreement with him than when challenged to prove his claims and accusations with evidence he just continues to run away, deny rinse and repeat. You are correct. I did find it amusing toying with his false claims by asking for evidence he was never able to provide, but like you I am also starting to feel a little sorry for him now and even more so because he cannot even see how ineffectual his debating style is. Perhaps it might be time to simply ignore him. Thanks for the observations you have made. They are the same as mine.

PS. For some reason he quoted you under my name in the post above mine. Perhaps he wanted to respond to you but did not want you to be notified of his response or he made a mistake.

Take Care.
Oh my, more false claims. Even she can probably see through you by now.

1 Peter 3 15

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Your response here...

What are you even talking about? How does this respond to the post you are quoting from. It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't.
Ah, I see you agree with what I said… oh, not what I said but rather : what is true: that the secular day called ‘Saturday’ was the original SABBATH… more correctly:
  • “While a day in the secular calendar begins and ends at midnight, a Jewish day goes from nightfall to nightfall. Shabbat begins on Friday night” (website extract)

Last edited:

Soapy

Your response here.

You made the claim I say you are wrong with out any evidence - Post me a linked example. If you cannot why make up things that are not truthful?
I asked you to post me a link and show proof of anything I said that was wrong.

So far you have been incapable of producing a link that shows what I said was wrong along with your reasons.

That is very telling about what you are attempting to claim against me.

Soapy

Your response here...

Did I answer to this before???

Anyway, this is what Deut 5:15 says:
  • “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.”
Now, you remember that Gentiles are not under the law of the Jews…?

So how are Gentiles meant to ‘Observe the Sabbath day’?

Moreover, Jesus told the Samaritan woman that ‘Worship’ was no longer to be ‘On the mountain’ or ‘In Jerusalem’ but rather, ‘In Spirit and in Truth’.

This means that ANYONE /EVERYONE should worship God in reverence WHEREEVER and WHENEVER they can… they do not have to have a special day for worship.

However, CORPORATE WORSHIP is not abolished:Whenever two or three are gathered together in my name - there I am in the midst of you’.
  • “Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath through-out their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed” Exod. (31:16-17)
Remember that Jesus is ‘The End of the Law’:
  • “Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.” (Romans 10:4)
The laws given to Moses was written tablets of stone but Jesus became the new law written in our hearts and minds which cannot he damaged nor destroyed (we all know them but we can manage to ignore them!!)

3rdAngel

Ah, I see you agree with what I said… oh, not what I said but rather : what is true: that the secular day called ‘Saturday’ was the original SABBATH… more correctly:
  • “While a day in the secular calendar begins and ends at midnight, a Jewish day goes from nightfall to nightfall. Shabbat begins on Friday night” (website extract)
Here let me ask you again slowly... What are you even talking about? How does what you are posting here respond to anything I have ever said to you? It doesn't! Secondly how does what you have posted here support any claims you have been making against the scriptures showing that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished according to the scriptures? - It doesn't. Did you want to try again?