• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

As you can see with 3rdAngel, no matter what truth is put to him, his aim is to ignore it and continue on the devious course set for him. However, what you can do from this is for YOU to learn…… learn the ways of the deceiver and use it help prepare yourself for a next encounter - since, for sure, he and his likes, will be doing the same…. ((Oh, I just realised I just said that BOTH SIDES LEARN… ok, I was wrong in the first sentence!!!))
Says the deceiver to the deceived. You did not provide any truth. You made unsubstantiated statement and claims quoting you over the scripture content in the posts I provided without addressing any of my posts you claim are wrong.

3rdAngel

That’s absolutely right : it certainly is not deceitful to tell the truth. And God is the judge of all of us. BUT he has delegated that task to Jesus Christ…!!
And Jesus gave us His truth in his spoken Word and recorded written Words (see 2 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 4:4)
The above is the last part of a post you made earlier.
So your micro-quoting me out of a much larger post out of context to the evidence provided for the statements your quoting. Did you want to consider the whole context to why those claims were being made they are provided in the same post you are quoting from.
In this, you claim that Paul CLOSELY CONNECTS Jesus to YHWH. That is a very strange declaration (‘closely connected’) for what you then declare as a single unified almighty God See, it is true that Jesus IS CONNECTED to YHWH. But the verse in Corinthians makes it absolutely clear that the belief is that Yhwh, the Father, IS THE ONLY GOD… and Jesus Christ, himself states that “Father….. Eternal life depends on believing in YOU, the ONLY TRUE GOD..” So how do you go from claiming that you are telling the truth and then write irreverent claims of Jesus being ‘The only True God’?(ok, you did not write that exactly, but that is what it amounts to!!) If Jesus were God (ridiculous) then how is he to be then ONLY ‘CLOSELY CONNECTED’ to God! See, nonsense! And also, ‘The voice of the Lord said “Who will go for us?’ And I said, “Here I am, send me!!”’ Wow!! So who is ‘The Lord’, and who is it that replied: ‘Send me’? For sure, your answer should be ‘GOD spoke and Jesus volunteered’. But you know that this is a prophesy. It points to the time in the future when Jesus is called BY GOD and goes to the river Jordan to be baptised by John the Baptist … and By The Fathers holy SPIRIT as a sign of his future KINGSHIP and PRIESTHOOD
In the days of Jesus and the Apostles their bible was the Hebrew old testament scriptures. Paul was a learned Pharisee and an expert in torah law and the old testament scriptures that pointed to Jesus of course he was making connections to Jesus as YHWH. As evidence I provided the Hebrew Shema referring to "the Lord being God" and "the Lord being one God" from Deuteronomy 6:4.

When comparing 1 Corinthians 8:6 we looked at the origin of the same Greek words translated as God and Lord to show where the Greek words θεός (theós|G2316) translated as God and κύριος (kýrios|G2962) translated as Lord comes from in the Hebrew showing that Lord translated from Greek to English in 1 Corinthians 8:6 comes from the Hebrew word יְהֹוָה (Yᵉhôvâh | YHWH; yeh-ho-vaw' H3068); Lord in context is referring to God in the Hebrew is אֱלֹהִים (ʼĕlôhîym|Adonai Elohim H430) in Deuteronomy 6:4 and this is where the Greek word from Hebrew translates as God θεός (theós|G2316) in 1 Corinthians 8:6; Also, we noted that the use of the term "one" comes from the Hebrew word אֶחָד (ʼechâd | ekh-awd' - H259) translated in the Greek as εἷς (heîs|hice G1520) whivh also has plural application like echad.

Paul speaking in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is stating that unlike the gentile gods that are many there is one God (εἷς (heîs same as the Hebrew אֶחָד ʼechâd which has plural meaning to unity or oneness or unification). In 1 Corinthians 8:6 Paul says that this one God is the father the creator of all thing and includes Jesus as one Lord that is κύριος kýrios translated from Yᵉhôvâh | YHWH; yeh-ho-vaw' H3068), which is a reference to Jesus as the God of the old testament scripture and also Jesus as being the creator of all things including mankind. Like the father being referred to as God Jesus as Lord (kýrios translated from Yᵉhôvâh | YHWH; yeh-ho-vaw' H3068) is being referred to as the God of creation and the old testament.

We dug a little deeper. 1 Corinthians 8:6 stated both God the father and Jesus as Lord God (kýrios translated from Yᵉhôvâh | YHWH; yeh-ho-vaw' H3068) were the creators of heaven and earth. We then looked at the plural applications of the God of creation from Genesis 1:26 And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth and again in Genesis 3:22 “Then the Lord God said, BEHOLD, THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and also take from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.” and again in Genesis 11:7 that says “COME, LET US GO DOWN AND CONFUSE THEIR LANGUAGE so they will not understand each other. This of course all in agreement with 1 Corinthians 8:6 showing that Jesus and God the father are the creators of Heaven and Earth. Was the Holy Spirit involved at creation? Yes see Genesis 1:2. So you have God the father, Jesus and the Spirit of God all involved in the creation of heaven and earth.

From here we looked again at Deuteronomy 6:4 The Lord our God is ONE God. The Hebrew word meaning is אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259 which is a derivation: a numeral from אָחַד; its meaning is properly, united, i.e. as one; or (as an ordinal) first KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-) ly, each (one), [phrase] eleven, every, few, first, [phrase] highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together. Then provided scripture examples to prove that אֶחָד ʼechâd translated from Hebrew to English as "one" can have plural meaning comparing the following scriptures...

Compare with these scriptures here (there are more but we can use these as examples)...
  • DEUTERONOMY 6:4 4, Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is ONE GOD (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259)
  • GENESIS 2:24 24, Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and THEY SHALL BE ONE FLESH (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259).
  • GENESIS 11:6 And the LORD said, BEHOLD, THE PEOPLE IS ONE (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259), and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
  • GENESIS 34:15 16, Then will we give our daughters to you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and WE WILL BECOME ONE PEOPLE (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259).
  • EXODUS 12:49 49, ONE LAW (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259) shall be to him that is home born, and to the stranger that sojournes among you.
  • EXODUS 24:3… all the people answered with ONE VOICE (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259)…
  • JUDGES 20:8 All the people arose as ONE MAN (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259)…
  • JOHN 10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. (אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259 is the translating origin of the Greek εἷς (heîs)

All of the above proving plural application to אֶחָד (ʼechâd | H259 translated as one in unification, unity oneness. So not only does the earlier post prove that Jesus is Lord God of the old testament (kýrios translated from Yᵉhôvâh | YHWH; yeh-ho-vaw' H3068) that Paul was referring to. It also shows that Jesus and God are one God plural Gods of creation as shown in Genesis and creation in Genesis 1:26 which also agrees with 1 Corinthians 8:6 and Paul's claim that God the Father and Jesus as Lord God Yᵉhôvâh | YHWH; yeh-ho-vaw' H3068 that κύριος (kýrios) is taken from. This is why Jesus says in John 10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE!

Now if you disagree please address this post content in detail and show why you disagree with what has been posted here. If you cannot why make claims you cannot prove?

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Jesus gave the Apostles the right and obligation to make changes as needed, and they in turn did the same.
Thank you. Someone that wants to discuss the OP. The Apostles did not make and changes. Can you show me a single scripture in all the bible that says Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest? - There is none. Sunday worship as a replacement for Gods' 4th commandment which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11) is a man made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. According to Jesus if we follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God. Begs the question then who are we worshiping; God or man?

3rdAngel

Only God’s word are true and we should believe and follow them. That’s what you say? Then why don’t you do it?
Well thank you I do believe and follow Gods' Word why don't you? There is a test to know if someone is from God or not from God it is written here in 1 John 2:3-4 3, ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. That is no one can claim to know and follow God if they are knowingly breaking His commandments. They are not telling the truth because they do not know God. They may no about God but according to the scriptures they are lying.
You believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1) ALSO’… believe also in he who GOD SENT, for sure, God did not send himself!!
According to the scripture the Father is God and God the father sent His only begotten son that whosoever believes on Him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16) The scripture Does not say Jesus is not God it says God the father sent Jesus who was with God.
  • John 1:1-4; 14 1, 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • 1 John 5:20 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son JESUS CHRIST. HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
  • John 20:28 28 Thomas answered him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!”
  • Hebrews 1:8 But UNTO THE SON HE SAYS, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, WILL LAST FOR EVER AND EVER; A SCEPTER OF JUSTICE WILL BE THE SCEPTER OF YOUR KINGDOM.
  • 2 Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
  • Titus 2:1313 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
  • John 10:30-33 30 I and the father are one. 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, BECAUSE YOU, BEING A MAN, MAKE YOURSELF GOD.”
  • Luke 1:35 “The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and HE WILL BE CALLED THE SON OF GOD
Jesus is one with God the father and is God according to the scriptures (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked)
‘Eternal life depends on believing that you [Father] are the only true God…’
The Father is the old true God one with Jesus who is the only true God (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
‘ Eternal life depends on believing … in Jesus Christ WHOM YOU [Father] SENT!’
Agreed where does that say Jesus is not God? - It doesn't (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
Jesus qualifies himself: “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.’ (John 4:34)
Agreed God the Father sent God the son to do His Word. Where does this say Jesus is not God? - It doesn't
(see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
And what is that work? Jesus was sent to ‘Reveal the Father’. And so, if you are to be a disciple of Jesus then ask the question and Jesus will answer:
Jesus being God the son *John 1:1-4; 14 came in to the world to live as a man to fulfill all righteousness to die as Gods' sacrifice for the sins of the world * John 1:29 because God (plural) loved all mankind *John 3:16. (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”” (John 6:29)
Jesus is the living Word of God the father *see John 1:1-4; 14. This again does not say that Jesus is not God. (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
So, believe in the Father as the only true God; and also believe in Jesus Christ who brought you the revelation from the Father about Himself (the Father):
Context is Jesus living as a man praying to God the father who is the only true God in a world of many Gods. Note again the scripture does not say Jesus is not God (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
“The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave [to jesus] to show his servants what must soon take place.” (Rev 1:1)
The father is God and Jesus is God they are one God. Read a little further. Jesus speaking in
  • Revelation 1:8 8, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
In Hebrew, the expression ‘YHWH Elohim’ is pronounced as ‘Adonai Elohim’. In Greek, it is ‘Kyrois Theos’ meaning Lord God this is the same title given to Jesus by Paul in
  • 1 Corinthians 8:6... one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
The Almighty also in Revelation 1:8 above that Jesus is claiming here is also a reference to the Almighty God of the old and new testament scriptures...
  • Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I [am] the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
  • Genesis 28:3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;
  • Genesis 35:11And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins
  • Genesis 43:14 And God Almighty give you mercy before the man, that he may send away your other brother, and Benjamin. If I be bereaved [of my children], I am bereaved.
  • Genesis 48:3 And Jacob said unto Joseph, God Almighty appeared unto me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed me
  • Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Too many scripture here from Genesis to Revelations (the Alpha and Omega) Another reference to Jesus being the God of the old testament supporting out previous studies (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35
Nothing in the scriptures nor of any sense says that Jesus revealed that he was almighty God … in close relationship to almighty God as one unified almighty God…!
See the previous section on Revelation 1:8 also see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked) ; see also Jesus is God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35 that are all in disagreement with you.
(Honestly, you actually believe that Jesus, a man SANCTIFIED BY GOD, is God… God who sanctified him?)
Jesus was God *John 10:30; John 1:1-4; 14; 1 John 5:20; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-33; Luke :1:35. Jesus as God's Word *John 1:1-4; 14 was "one" with God (see scripture study on "one" you ignored here linked). You do err not knowing the scriptures.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry I do not believe you and yes I am being very genuine and honest in this claim and unlike you have shown why in all of our discussions together. Funny, I was an atheist and now a Christian. You a Christian who has departed the faith and now Atheist. We are indeed opposites :)
As a Christian you have a duty not to be rude. I also have my doubts about your claim of being an atheist. Most atheists can reason rationally and you do not appear to be able to do so. Odds are that you were always a Christian. But not as close minded as you present yourself here. You may not be so bad in real life.

The flawed morals of the Bible are eventually what convinced me that Christianity was wrong. What happened to you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No thank you dear friend. You made the claims that my posts were wrong earlier. Show me the evidence. You quoting you over the scriptures is not evidence I am wrong. No go and prove your claims and address the content of my posts and prove to me why you think my posts are wrong and lets discuss the scripture details together. I will start in good faith and address your first post where you are mirco-quoting me out of context to my larger post that already addressed your question to start alright?
Of course by your standards it is evidence that you are wrong. You do not seem to understand the concept of evidence since you cannot even be consistent your poorly based concept of "evidence".

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well if you read my posts you would have seen that I clearly did state Paul as calling the father as God and Jesus as Lord referring to both of them as the God of creation.
Did you? I must have fallen asleep before I got to that part.

Please tell me (or tell me again) where Paul calls both of them "the God of creation". Don't bother with anything else at this stage.

3rdAngel

The question is concerning the Sabbath (day). It was established to give people (and especially slaves) a day of rest since originally everyone worked seven days a week… what reason would there have been for ‘a day off’? That would have seemed lazy and Jews were anything but lazy!! But God saw the pressure his people were under especially under slavery and sought, through Moses, to institute a day of rest …. In which they were to WORSHIP HIM and DO GOOD.
Your post here is misleading and not supported by the scriptures but allow me to show why I believe this with the scriptures. According to the scriptures, when God made the Sabbath there was no Moses, no Hebrews, no Jews and no Israel (see Genesis 2:1-3). Jesus says in Mark 2:27 that the Sabbath was made for
"man". Jesus does not say the creation Sabbath was made for the Jew. The Greek word for man here is ἄνθρωπος (ánthrōpos | G444) and means human beings. Therefore at creation the Sabbath was made for all mankind according to Jesus when there were no Jews.
Over time, the Jews forgot the ‘Do Good’ part and thereby set a millstone around their necks. Now, since they were all one people, the Jews were called to worship God IN JERUSALEM at the temple. There were several ceremony (worship) days set out on a periodic basis. The Samaritans would do the same but gather themselves together around the mountain where the Jews used to worship before Jerusalem was made the established place to worship God. In between these worship gatherings in Jerusalem or on the mountain, the people gathered each in their own town at the synagogue. The day was to spent worshipping God and so they literally banned all work that was monetarily or bodily profitable … that’s the point…. The failure point… for, since they were a people who loved making money and profit, EVERYTHING resembling WORK that was not towards God, was banned. So, even baking bread (that could be sold) or helping the sick (being a doctor at a cost to the patient!)… was outlawed.
The banning of secular working and all business and buying and selling did not come from the Jews it came from God and was spoken by God himself and written on tables of stone as one of God's 10 commandments. In Gods' 4th commandment it is written..
  • Exodus 20:8-11 8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9, Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: 10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: 11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: why the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Gods 4th commandment is one of Gods' 10 commandments that according to the scriptures give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing); and righteous (moral right doing) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and according to James in the new covenant if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin *see James 2:10-11. According to the scriptures, those who continue in known unrepentant sin after God gives them a knowledge of the truth of His Word and they choose to reject it will be in danger of the judgement (see Hebrews 10:26-27).
But, as Jesus pointed out, if their donkey fell down a well, they would not hesitate to seek help and pull it out (Since leaving the donkey would lose them profit!).. So Jesus called them hypocrites!! And, Jesus pointed out that feeding the starving IS DOING GOOD… (remember that I said that they had forgotten that part of what God commanded!!). Jesus even pointed to the fact that David, coming back with his troops, starving from battle, stopped in the temple and ate the Shew Bread that was only meant as a sacrifice to God…. (What’s the meaning behind that…?) but yet the Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy because he rolled some wheat head in his hands to make flour to eat because he was hungry!! Did you accuse David? No! Hypocrites…!!!
Agreed Jesus came to teach us that the Sabbath was made for man and man was not created for the Sabbath (Mark 2:27-28) and that it is lawful to do good deeds and God's work in ministering to others on the Sabbath day (see Matthew 12:1-12).
Ok, so that is Sabbath. So Jesus knew the time of his departing the physical world was coming soon through his death. He would normally avoid Samaritan land but now he knew the Jews were not receptive of him he didn’t care any more - the good news was going to be opened up to all mankind, all nations and peoples, old and young, free men and slaves. He therefore entered Samaria but found when he was near Jacobs’s Well, that he was thirsty and hungry. Sending the disciples off to buy food he found himself talking to a Samaritan woman. God revealed to Jesus that the woman was a serial fallanderer, having several ‘husbands!!’. But the woman SURPRISED Jesus with her wisdom (in things not related to adultery!!!!) and so Jesus revealed to her things he had not even told his own disciples (That they wrote about!). One such thing was exactly concerning the Sabbath!!
Jesus told the Samaritan woman that in time to come: ‘Worship will no longer be on the mountain … nor in Jerusalem BUT IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH’ ‘In Spirit’: This means in private, a personal worship ceremony to God. ‘In truth’: This means honesty, truthfulness, reverence, unselfishness,…
That was not the Sabbath at all according to the scriptures as shown through the scriptures above. Also worshiping God in Spirit and in truth means to be believing and following what Gods' Word says. This is how the bible defines "Spirit and truth"....
  • Spirit - John 6:63 63, It is the spirit that vivifies; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life.
  • Truth - John 17:17 17, Sanctify them through your truth: your word is truth.
Therefore to worship the father in spirit and in truth means to worship God by believing and following what Gods' Word says. It means to believe and obey Gods' Word.
So… Sabbath, is no longer a necessity. It is a corporate requirement BUT NOT A NECESSITY on an individual basis. Just like with the Jews; if your work as a nurse or doctor or fireman or air-sea rescue agent requires you to work on a ‘SABBATH’ day… are you going to say you cannot come in? Isn’t that exactly like with the Jews who said ‘No work - not even Good work!’? Take YOUR ‘DAY OF REST’ (your SABBATH) on a day that is available to YOU. Worship God IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH on that day - Do Good on that day (? Doesn’t mean ignore good on other days: God is doing GOOD every day!) IF YOU CAN (and yes, most people can) take your SABBATH on a CORPORATE DAY but remember the ‘IN TRUTH AND SPIRIT’ part.
According to the scriptures Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing); and righteous (moral right doing) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and according to James in the new covenant if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin *see James 2:10-11. According to the scriptures, those who continue in known unrepentant sin after God gives them a knowledge of the truth of His Word and they choose to reject it will be in danger of the judgement (see Hebrews 10:26-27). There is not a single scripture in all the bible that says Gods' 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest. Sunday worship as a replacement for Gods' 4th commandment is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word and from worshiping God in Spirit and in truth. Jesus says in Matthew 15:3:9...
  • Matthew 15:3-9 3, But he answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4, For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death. 5, But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me; 6, And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7, You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8, This people draws near to me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9, But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men
If we follow man-made teaching and traditions over Gods' Word and His law we are not worshiping the father in Spirit and in truth and therefore it is vain to think we are worshiping God when we do not believe and follow His Word.
Seventh day Adventist still place a millstone around their necks with ‘No work on Friday after six pm’. Jesus Christ NEVER commanded any such performance. The practice was established by Ellen White with her mistaken beliefs and in a bid to differentiate her church SCRIPTURES from the true scriptures.
As shown above through the scriptures if you do not believe and follow what Gods' Word says according to Jesus you are not worshiping God in Spirit and in truth. If we follow man-made teachings and traditions leading us to break the commandments of God it is vain to think we are worshiping God. Therefore according to the scriptures it is not a millstone about someones neck to believe and obey what God's Word says it is a millstone about someones neck not to because Jesus says he who commits sin is a servant to sin (John 8:31-36). Sin makes us all slaves to death and is what Jesus came to set us free from and is why Jesus says If you love me keep my commandments *John 14:15. Therefore obedience to Gods law from the heart (not to be saved) is now we know God as it is written in 1 John 3:4 3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Of course by your standards it is evidence that you are wrong. You do not seem to understand the concept of evidence since you cannot even be consistent your poorly based concept of "evidence".
Lets talk more when you can prove your claims dear friend, until then we will agree to disagree.

3rdAngel

Did you? I must have fallen asleep before I got to that part.Please tell me (or tell me again) where Paul calls both of them "the God of creation". Don't bother with anything else at this stage.
Already did in the posts you have been quoting from. Go read them. Ignoring the scriptures that disagree with you does not make them disappear.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

As a Christian you have a duty not to be rude. I also have my doubts about your claim of being an atheist. Most atheists can reason rationally and you do not appear to be able to do so. Odds are that you were always a Christian. But not as close minded as you present yourself here. You may not be so bad in real life. The flawed morals of the Bible are eventually what convinced me that Christianity was wrong. What happened to you?
God is my judge not you (see Romans 2:1-11). Telling the truth therefore and sharing the scriptures, is not being rude but is love to all those who believe and follow them. Although many do not want to hear the truth of Gods' Word and will rise up against them because it is written in John 3:19-21 19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20, For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21, But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. According to the scriptures I believe if we choose to walk a path of darkness (unbelief and sin) we can never know the way when the path is dark and narrow.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Already did in the posts you have been quoting from. Go read them. Ignoring the scriptures that disagree with you does not make them disappear.
No, the whole point from now on is to take things one step at a time, not to be forced to wade through a swamp of nonsense. I've already done that once for you ─ at least to the extent of examining 15 of your claims and pointing out why none of them helps your position.

Now let's get into clear focus.

First, where does Paul call Jesus and God (the Father) "the god of creation"?

Second,

Paul) 1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.​

shows clearly that Paul doesn't think Jesus is God. but you appear to lack the honesty to say so.

Third, I notice in a previous post you said "God is my judge". I assure you God is not your only judge.

Now see if you can reply with clear, concise, relevant and responsive answers ─ and without resorting to your swamp method. Go on, surprise me!

3rdAngel

I can always prove my claims. Which ones do you doubt?
Meanwhile, I doubt if you can prove any of yours.
Sorry I do not believe you. You haven't proven anything nor have you responded to my posts proving yours in error. If you disagree please provide me a link.

3rdAngel

No, the whole point from now on is to take things one step at a time, not to be forced to wade through a swamp of nonsense. I've already done that once for you ─ at least to the extent of examining 15 of your claims and pointing out why none of them helps your claims.

Now let's get into clear focus.

First, where does Paul call Jesus and God (the Father) "the god of creation"?

Second,

Paul) 1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.​

shows clearly that Paul doesn't think Jesus is God. but you appear not to have the honesty to say so.

Third, I notice in a previous post you said "God is my judge". I assure you God is not your only judge.

Now see if you can reply with clear, concise, relevant and responsive answers ─ and without resorting to your swamp method. Go on, surprise me!
I see and ignore what was already posted to you? Your question was already answered in a lot of detail in post # 356 linked and post # 366 linked. You just ignored it.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God is my judge not you (see Romans 2:1-11). Telling the truth therefore and sharing the scriptures, is not being rude but is love to all those who believe and follow them. Although many do not want to hear the truth of Gods' Word and will rise up against them because it is written in John 3:19-21 19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20, For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21, But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. According to the scriptures I believe if we choose to walk a path of darkness (unbelief and sin) we can never know the way when the path is dark and narrow.
But you do not appear to be able to discern the truth. One needs to be able to reason rationally to do that.

Also, when it comes to a discussion with me you are just admitting that you are wrong when you have to quote from an unreliable source.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry I do not believe you. You haven't proven anything nor have you responded to my posts proving yours in error. If you disagree please provide me a link.
That is only because you run away from discussions when you are shown to be wrong.

And you have not stated what you do not understand. How can I provide a link? I am not a mind reader.

3rdAngel

But you do not appear to be able to discern the truth. One needs to be able to reason rationally to do that.
Also, when it comes to a discussion with me you are just admitting that you are wrong when you have to quote from an unreliable source.
Says the person who departed God and does not believe and follow Gods' Word. Sorry I do not believe you.

3rdAngel

That is only because you run away from discussions when you are shown to be wrong. And you have not stated what you do not understand. How can I provide a link? I am not a mind reader.
Sorry I do not believe you. I am still here. Lets talk more when you have something to contribute to the discussion.

3rdAngel

More posturing. Oh dear, you really aren't an honest soul, are you.Your netname "3rdAngel" is plainly from Revelation 12:9.
No posturing my side. I have only been honest with you. As posted earlier your questions were already answered with a lot of detail in post # 356 linked and post # 366 linked. The linked posts are evidence to the dishonest claims you are making in your posts. So the dishonesty is also not my side. If you are not able to respond to the posts shared with you that answer your questions in detail just say so and lets move on. I am still waiting for your responses. No the net name comes from Revelation 14:9. Do you know what it means?

Last edited: