• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

Gods laws are not to be burdens on His subjects. God does not shackle us to the law. The seventh day was set aside for the purpose of worship.
According to the new covenant scriptures, God's 10 commandments give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. Therefore Gods law is not a burden it is the standard of what is right and what is wrong. This is why Paul in Romans 7:12 called them, holy just and good. According to the scripture God blessed the seventh day of the week and set it apart as a holy day of rest and made it His 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20. You do err not knowing the scriptures.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Sorry dear friend but none of that has any truth in it. You have only been provided evidence that shows your false claims and accusations have no truth in them and your running away from our discussion. I am enjoying out chat with you though even if you cannot prove your claims here. Perhaps your words here are reflected back to you. You are not fooling anyone dear friend. Others can see you do not respond to post content and simply make false claims and accusations here your not able to prove. Evidence you cannot argue against has also been provided so all can see who is being truthful and who is not in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion. You lose
Your response here...
No, we have gone over this. Posting links to old debates that you lost is not evidence. And this has been explained to you countless times. Anyone that cares to look will just see links to arguments that you lost. When you repeat that behavior you are only admitting that you are wrong. If you want a discussion you have to follow reasonable rules of debate.
Nonsense. You are projecting again. All you have done in your posts is to be unresponsive and to ignore the post content that are in disagreement with you as well as the evidence in those posts that are disagreement with you. Your continuing to deflect with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove when challenged. Perhaps your words here are reflected back to you.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

Nonsense. You are projecting again. All you have done in your posts is to be unresponsive and to ignore the posts and the content that of those posts that are in disagreement with you as well as the evidence that is in those posts that are disagreement with you. Your continuing to deflect with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove when challenged. Perhaps your words here are reflected back to you.

Take Care.
Sorry, you do not understand what projecting is. Try again.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
According to the new covenant scriptures, God's 10 commandments give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. Therefore Gods law is not a burden it is he standard of what is right and what is wrong. This is why Paul in Romans 7:12 called them, holy just and good. According to the scripture the God blessed the seventh day of the week and set it apart as a holy day of rest and made it His 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20. You do err not knowing the scriptures.

Take Care.
Yes, that is right… God’s laws are not to be taken as burdens……. But the Jews did make them burdens which is why Jesus berated them do often saying that they had made the law a milestone around their necks.

And certainly there was no call for daily worship which would have been a burden seeing that worship was a group activity in those times. In fact, certain days throughout the year were set aside for this corporate worship…. So there was no need for DAILY WORSHIP.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
#1003 describes your modus operandus, SZ. It appears that it is you who does not understand what 'projecting' is.
Oh even you have to know that is not true. His so called "evidence" only consists of posts that he links and disagrees with. He won't enter into a proper discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You don't understand, because you are not paying attention.
No, Soapy is merely tired of the poor debating techniques too. Just because we both observe the same bad behavior does not mean that he is a follower of mine. When it comes to the Bible we would disagree strongly, we only agree about how @3rdAngel will not properly provide evidence..

At the best he 3rd only quotes verses and claims that they support him. One needs to go further than that. One has to explain why they support him. He never does that. And I simply refuse to play his silly games until he agrees to engage in a proper discussion. It is possible to argue for his beliefs. I have seen people make valid efforts to support that the sabbath is Saturday. I have not seen that here.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You should try to find out the truth. And it is too bad that you do not understand those stories. Quite a few of them make God look stupid, incompetent or evil. Why believe that about your God?
I disagree. Besides, there is no such thing as burning anyone forever in something called hellfire. You need more accurate knowledge, not something like "creationists" want to put forth like a 24-hour creative day. Have a nice night-day-whatever.

YoursTrue

Hey YT, welcome. Nice to see others picking up on what I have been trying to tell @Subduction Zone for some time now. Hopefully this will be helpful for his learning. If not you can only lead a horse to water right? I did have a giggle reading your post. Thanks you made my day. :)

Take Care.
Hi. I've had to come to some conclusions about what the Bible vs. "Darwin" and the ToE is saying. Upon researching as much as possible about the theory of evolution, I have come to the conclusion it does not explain life and how we got here (as humans). I have said this before and I'll say it again -- when I was in school I was not a science major, but I did very well in science classes and believed everything they taught me. Only later did I begin to question it and realize the theory just does not hold water. :)
Isaiah 65:17 says,
"For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart."

(What a wonderful thought.)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I disagree. Besides, there is no such thing as burning anyone forever in something called hellfire. You need more accurate knowledge, not something like "creationists" want to put forth like a 24-hour creative day. Have a nice night-day-whatever.
The Bible supports both an end and endless punishment. It depends what part you read.. For example read Matthew 25. Especially the last verse. I do not see hellfire, but I do see endless punishment. If one can find a verse about hellfire as punishment elsewhere combining the two would give endless punishment in hellfire.

And I do agree that other verses do predict an end. That is a problem with the Bible. Many different beliefs can be justified based on the verses that one chooses.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hi. I've had to come to some conclusions about what the Bible vs. "Darwin" and the ToE is saying. Upon researching as much as possible about the theory of evolution, I have come to the conclusion it does not explain life and how we got here (as humans). I have said this before and I'll say it again -- when I was in school I was not a science major, but I did very well in science classes and believed everything they taught me. Only later did I begin to question it and realize the theory just does not hold water. :)
Isaiah 65:17 says,
"For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart."

(What a wonderful thought.)
But you have repeatedly demonstrated that for all practical purposes that you are scientifically illiterate. And you appear to be afraid to learn anything since your high school classes. And most US high schools have very poor science education departments.

YoursTrue

The history that can be confirmed with reliable sources.

And we do not need history. Genesis is refuted by the science when it comes to the creation myth and the magic boat tour myth. Archaeology and linguistics refutes the tower of Babel myth. . The on to Exodus where again the story makes claims that can be checked using archaeology. That fails.
Reliable sources like the history of Japan, and Moabite history? Oh, don't let me leave out Egypt and the ancient history there either. "Egypt's history is split into several different periods according to the ruling dynasty of each pharaoh. The dating of events is still a subject of research. The conservative dates are not supported by any reliable absolute date for a span of about three millennia"
That's all? Only about 3 millennia of unsupported dates?
History of ancient Egypt - Wikipedia

YoursTrue

The Bible supports both an end and endless punishment. It depends what part you read.. For example read Matthew 25. Especially the last verse. I do not see hellfire, but I do see endless punishment. If one can find a verse about hellfire as punishment elsewhere combining the two would give endless punishment in hellfire.

And I do agree that other verses do predict an end. That is a problem with the Bible. Many different beliefs can be justified based on the verses that one chooses.
The punishment you are speaking of is not corporal imposed on unrepentant sinners.

YoursTrue

But you have repeatedly demonstrated that for all practical purposes that you are scientifically illiterate. And you appear to be afraid to learn anything since your high school classes. And most US high schools have very poor science education departments.
I won't go into some of the luminaries I was privileged to know and have association with. I was not close with some, but at the time I did not believe as I do now, but I know enough to realize many were hurt by the false teachings of many religions and the teaching of hellfire along with other unscriptural ideas, so figured there is no God. I also believe they will come back in a resurrection and then have the opportunity to learn, really learn. And never will anyone burn in hellfire for several reasons. One of the major reasons is that the dead do not know ANYTHING says the Bible. And I believe that. On the other hand, there are sipirit persons that can lie and imitate a live person. They, too, will eventually be gone -- as in completely gone.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Reliable sources like the history of Japan, and Moabite history? Oh, don't let me leave out Egypt and the ancient history there either. "Egypt's history is split into several different periods according to the ruling dynasty of each pharaoh. The dating of events is still a subject of research. The conservative dates are not supported by any reliable absolute date for a span of about three millennia"
That's all? Only about 3 millennia of unsupported dates?
History of ancient Egypt - Wikipedia
Egypt is not the only source that refutes Genesis. The creation myth is refuted by physics, geology, and biology. As is the Flood myth. History and archaeology refute others

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The punishment you are speaking of is not corporal imposed on unrepentant sinners.
So what? And how would you know? Just because you cherry pick other verses does not mean that you are right. Once again, talk to others. There are some genuine believers in endless hellfire. I do not believe in any of them so I can tale an unbiased look and say "that works" when one picks a series of verses, and also tell the other side "that works" when they do the same.

I am not saying that either side is right since in reality they are probably both wrong.

YoursTrue

Agreed that there are many ways of interpreting scriptures. There is only one way Jesus endorsed and continues with. Judgment is coming because many have been misled.
Endless punishment is that such sinful actions will never again be revived, and when considered by the living, will not be resurrected, missed or mourned. As an example -- fathers were not to be put to death for the sins of their sons, and neither were sons to be put to death for the sins of their fathers. Each one suffers accordingly.
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezekiel 18:20)

YoursTrue

Egypt is not the only source that refutes Genesis. The creation myth is refuted by physics, geology, and biology. As is the Flood myth. History and archaeology refute others
You can keep going, but reality does not support the Theory of Evolution. Fossils do not support it. Even if some say it does. Even if many say it does. That does not mean that genetics cannot produce groups of very tall or short people and so forth, including offshoots making groups with similar characteristics passed on.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I won't go into some of the luminaries I was privileged to know and have association with. I was not close with some, but at the time I did not believe as I do now, but I know enough to realize many were hurt by the false teachings of many religions and the teaching of hellfire along with other unscriptural ideas, so figured there is no God. I also believe they will come back in a resurrection and then have the opportunity to learn, really learn. And never will anyone burn in hellfire for several reasons. One of the major reasons is that the dead do not know ANYTHING says the Bible. And I believe that. On the other hand, there are sipirit persons that can lie and imitate a live person. They, too, will eventually be gone -- as in completely gone.
That still have nothing to do with your science education. For example to understand the sciences one needs at least some math. One cannot even understand basic physics without calculus. And basic physics is used by most of the sciences. I live in a state that I thought had a fairly decent education program. But I was shocked when I talked to a person that was going to college to become a physics teacher. I asked him how he was doing on calculus and he said "Oh, we don't need to take that":eek::eek::eek: I was speechless. One really cannot understand physics without it. Without it one is just memorizing formulas without understanding how they were derived. If one has had calculus and knows what basic principals are involved the formulas of basic physics can be worked out by oneself. One does not need to remember the formulas for how fast a ball falls in gravity, or how long it takes it to fall. Or what its potential energy is at an elevation. All of those can be worked out from just one formula.

So to you what looks like memorization of formulas etc. to one that understands the basics they are easily understood facts.