• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe I don't need scritpture because I have Jesus and that is more than I can say for some people who only have a dead peoples book.
Are you saying you don't need the Bible because Jesus talks to you personally? Is this an auditory voice?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is you who is mistaken. The scriptures posted as evidence to what is written in the bible is in disagreement with your word that are not supported by any truth in them.

That s the real world You don't know it, and I am pretty sure that you are afraid to learn how, but you call your God a liar regularly.

If you disagree with what @AdamjEdgar was talking about in post # 864 linked, then prove your claims and address the content of his post. All you have done here is make false claims and accusations stating you disagree while not being able to show what it is and why you disagree with him.

It looks as if he were a hit and run. Do you want to learn why it is unwise to play silly fanfiction games? I will gladly help you to learn.

You have never asked any questions I have not been able to answer so no I do not remember. If you disagree post a link where I have not answered any of your questions in case I missed it and lets discuss it. If you cannot why make false claims and accusations then run away when asked to prove your self?
Now that is not true, but for the most part you only have yourself to blame. I refuse to lecture. I will enter into a discussion, but when you are afraid that you are wrong you have a tendency to run away. Need I remind you of 1 Peter 3 15 again?

It appears you just make up stuff you are not able to prove and then just run away then challenged.

You know that is not true. And you need to watch it. Such claims are against forum rule. You can't accuse others of being liars here. You and I both know that you are the one that runs away from simple questions. Once again:

1 Peter 3 15

Sorry dear friend, I am not interested in playing your games. You either have something to add to the OP or you do not. It seems you do not. Lets talk more when you have something to contribute to the OP.

And there is massive projection on your part. You are the one that has been playing games. Not answering questions is running away. I answered your questions about the arguments that you lost.. You simply did not like the answer.

Take Care.

Really? After all of that you expect me to believe that you are now being genuine?

One last time, why won't you answer the question about 1 Peter 3 15?

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: It is you who is mistaken. The scriptures posted as evidence to what is written in the bible is in disagreement with your word that are not supported by any truth in them.
Your response here...
That s the real world You don't know it, and I am pretty sure that you are afraid to learn how, but you call your God a liar regularly.
So I guess that is a no. You have nothing to add to the discussion. Only more claims and accusations that have no truth in them that you cannot prove.
3rdAngel said: If you disagree with what @AdamjEdgar was talking about in post # 864 linked, then prove your claims and address the content of his post. All you have done here is make false claims and accusations stating you disagree while not being able to show what it is and why you disagree with him.
Your response here...
It looks as if he were a hit and run. Do you want to learn why it is unwise to play silly fanfiction games? I will gladly help you to learn.
Perhaps he knows like I do that you have not responded to anything in his post and that all you have done is make false claims and accusations that you have not been able to prove. It seems that it is you who is doing the running away by making false claims and accusations without being able to show why you disagree with what he has posted earlier.

3rdAngel said: You have never asked any questions I have not been able to answer so no I do not remember. If you disagree post a link where I have not answered any of your questions in case I missed it and lets discuss it. If you cannot why make false claims and accusations then run away when asked to prove your self?
Your response here...
Now that is not true, but for the most part you only have yourself to blame. I refuse to lecture. I will enter into a discussion, but when you are afraid that you are wrong you have a tendency to run away. Need I remind you of 1 Peter 3 15 again?
It is true. If you disagree post me the link the proves your false claims and accusations that you have posted questions I have not answered. If you cannot than all you have is your false claims and accusations unsupported by any evidence. You have also not entered into a discussion or have you contributed to this OP. In fact it is you that refuses to address the posts and scripture content that is in disagreement with you as seen in your response to @AdamjEdgar and my posts to you as proven earlier with evidence in post # 602 linked and while responding with more false claims and accusations you have never been able to prove as shown as evidence in post # 642 linked.
3rdAngel said: It appears you just make up stuff you are not able to prove and then just run away then challenged.
Your response here...
You know that is not true. And you need to watch it. Such claims are against forum rule. You can't accuse others of being liars here. You and I both know that you are the one that runs away from simple questions. Once again: 1 Peter 3 15
No, I know what you claims is not true that is why I provided evidence to our discussions as shown in post # 602 linked and can be also seen in your response to @AdamjEdgar. Once again post me a link to a single thing you have asked me that I have not responded to. If you cannot why make things up and then when challenged to prove your claims just run away?
3rdAngel said: Sorry dear friend, I am not interested in playing your games. You either have something to add to the OP or you do not. It seems you do not. Lets talk more when you have something to contribute to the OP.
Your response here...
And there is massive projection on your part. You are the one that has been playing games. Not answering questions is running away. I answered your questions about the arguments that you lost.. You simply did not like the answer.
No, your deflecting. You have not provided any evidence for your false claims and accusations and you have not been addressing the content of the posts you claim to be in disagreement with. You simply ignored my responses to you that are supported with evidence that are in disagreement with you and are now deflecting. If you cannot respond to the post and scripture content that is in disagreement with you than it is you that has already lost by running away from the discussion.
Really? After all of that you expect me to believe that you are now being genuine? One last time, why won't you answer the question about 1 Peter 3 15?
Well yes dear friend. I have always been truthful and honest with you. One last time post me a link and prove show me your post and how I have not already answered it? If you cannot why make things up again your not able to prove or why not simply ask your question again if you think I have not answered it? I do find our chats amusing.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

So I guess that is a no. You have nothing to add to the discussion. Only more claims and accusations that have no truth in them that you cannot prove.

No, I offered to have a discussion. Why did you just make a false claim? Now you are running away again.

I am ignoring the rest. You may have answered me, you may not, but since you started off your post with a false claim there is no onus on me to continue.

Are you going to continue to run away?

Oh ,and remember, you could never answer the question about 1 Peter 3 15

3rdAngel

No, I offered to have a discussion. Why did you just make a false claim? Now you are running away again.

I am ignoring the rest. You may have answered me, you may not, but since you started off your post with a false claim there is no onus on me to continue.

Are you going to continue to run away?

Oh ,and remember, you could never answer the question about 1 Peter 3 15
So that is a no? You have no link and no evidence to support your claim again do you. It is you who is running away. I am just asking you to prove your false claims and accusations because I know you cannot. I like you because you are funny even if there is no truth in anything you say :)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So that is a no? You have no link and no evidence to support your claim again do you. It is you who is running away. I am just asking you to prove your false claims and accusations because I know you cannot. I like you because you are funny even if there is no truth in anything you say :)
No, I offered to have a discussion with you. That would mean supporting one's claims. But you keep running away from the offer.

Everyone can see it. And this whole thread shows you running away constantly when ever anyone asks you a question that you cannot answer. All I have to do to "prove" my claims is to link the thread. At least you seem to think that is "proof".

Are you done running away? Everyone can see that I am constantly offering to support my claims and you will not even allow them to start.

By the way, once again I am not interested in bringing up your past losses. When we have a discussion we will start fresh. Certain rules have to be agreed to and if either of us breaks the rules the conversation is done. You can't even seem to obey your own rules much less the ones that I will put in play so I do not see much hope for you.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: So that is a no? You have no link and no evidence to support your claim again do you. It is you who is running away. I am just asking you to prove your false claims and accusations because I know you cannot. I like you because you are funny even if there is no truth in anything you say :)
Your response here..
No, I offered to have a discussion with you.
Well yes you did, we made three debating rules. You refused to follow them and provide supporting evidence for your views and continued with the false claims and accusations unsupported by any evidence and when asked for evidence you continue not to provide any while not addressing the content of the biblical posts that are in disagreement with you. This is running away and means you already lose.
That would mean supporting one's claims.
Exactly. So why do you not support your false claims and accusations with any evidence and address the content of the posts in the discussions?
But you keep running away from the offer.
No, that is you running away from the discussion and my offer to you because you refuse to address the content of the posts and the scriptures that are in disagreement with you in favor of making false claims and accusations you are unable to prove with any evidence. When challenged and asked for evidence you run away.
Everyone can see it.
Agreed everyone can see it. We have new people entering the discussion and have also pointed this out to you.
And this whole thread shows you running away constantly when ever anyone asks you a question that you cannot answer. All I have to do to "prove" my claims is to link the thread. At least you seem to think that is "proof"
Well that claims has no truth in it and once again I challenge you to prove your claims. If you cannot than all you have is your false claims and accusations again. Meanwhile I have already posted evidence proving everything that has been said to you here as shown in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked. Your response, has only been to run away.
Everyone can see that I am constantly offering to support my claims and you will not even allow them to start. By the way, once again I am not interested in bringing up your past losses. When we have a discussion we will start fresh. Certain rules have to be agreed to and if either of us breaks the rules the conversation is done. You can't even seem to obey your own rules much less the ones that I will put in play so I do not see much hope for you.
Everyone can see all you have provided to this discussion is false claims and accusations you have not been able to support with any evidence and your inability to address the content of the posts that have been shared with you in discussion about bible topics that are in disagreement with you. Evidence has already been provided to you in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked. Lets talk more when you can prove what you say. It will make you more believable. Until then we will agree to disagree.

Take Care.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here..

Well yes you did, we made three debating rules. You refused to follow them and support evidence for your views and continued with the false claims and accusations unsupported by any evidence and when asked for evidence you continue not to provide any while not addressing the content of the biblical posts that are in disagreement with you.

Take Care.

Nope, and once again we stop at the first false claim. You could not follow them. The simplest one was "Be polite" You failed at that almost immediately.

Also we are going to have to discuss the concept of evidence since you clearly do not understand it.

Oh and here let me support my claim:

There you go, by your poor standards "evidence".

3rdAngel

Nope, and once again we stop at the first false claim. You could not follow them. The simplest one was "Be polite" You failed at that almost immediately.

Also we are going to have to discuss the concept of evidence since you clearly do not understand it.

Oh and here let me support my claim:

There you go, by your poor standards "evidence".
Your deflecting again but your agreeing with the OP? Good for you. :)

3rdAngel

No one up for a challenge?

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your deflecting again but your agreeing with the OP? Good for you. :)
You do not appear to understand that work. You really should not use terms that you do not understand. That was evidence that supported my claims.

Are you ready to have an honest discussion or do you want to continue to run away?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No one up for a challenge?

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word
You can't challenge people when you run away when things get difficult.
Just in case you forgot:

1 Peter 3 15

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Your deflecting again but your agreeing with the OP? Good for you. :)
Your response here...
You do not appear to understand that work. You really should not use terms that you do not understand. That was evidence that supported my claims. Are you ready to have an honest discussion or do you want to continue to run away?
Sure I understand how it works. You where provided evidence in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked proving that post false accusations and claims and when challenged to prove your claims you do not provide any evidence and run away then pretend that is what others are doing without any evidence to support your false accusations and claims. The is a good example of deflecting. If you disagree provide the evidence you claim to have and stop hiding it or be honest and stop deflecting.
Are you ready to have an honest discussion or do you want to continue to run away?
Your deflecting again and running away.

3rdAngel

You can't challenge people when you run away when things get difficult.
Just in case you forgot:1 Peter 3 15
Well you are the funny one. Your deflecting again because you are unable to prove what you say. Stop running away and lets chat more when you have something to actually contribute to the discussion. So far you have not contributed anything to the OP here accept to seek to change the topic. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your response here...

Sure I understand how it works. You where provided evidence in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked proving that post false accusations and claims and when challenged to prove your claims you do not provide any evidence and run away then pretend that is what others are doing without any evidence to support your false accusations and claims. The is a good example of deflecting. If you disagree provide the evidence you claim to have and stop hiding it or be honest and stop deflecting.

Your deflecting again and running away.
Nope, that is not evidence. If my link to the thread is not evidence against you, then your links of arguments that you lost is not evidence against me. You can't have it both ways.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well you are the funny one. Your deflecting again because you are unable to prove what you say. Stop running away and lets chat more when you have something to actually contribute to the discussion. So far you have not contributed anything to the OP here accept to seek to change the topic. :)
No, you are at best using a term that you do not understand. Everyone here can see that you are running away from even what should be the easiest of questions. Once again why won't you answer the question on:
1 Peter 3 15

3rdAngel

Nope, that is not evidence. If my link to the thread is not evidence against you, then your links of arguments that you lost is not evidence against me. You can't have it both ways.
Nope you quoting you is not evidence. You are running away again.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

No, you are at best using a term that you do not understand. Everyone here can see that you are running away from even what should be the easiest of questions. Once again why won't you answer the question on:
1 Peter 3 15
Once again post your evidence and link me. You have none do you. Lets be honest, you are running away again making false claims and accusations you cannot prove

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope you quoting you is not evidence. Your running away again.
But you did not do that. You only linked to arguments that you lost.

Here is what you need to do. You need to quote to the claim. You need to link to it so that others can see that you are not quoting out of context.

You need to show why that claim was wrong.

If you only say "he did not give3 me the evidence that I demanded" that is not proving that I was wrong. That only showed that I would not play your silly game.

You need to do all of those things. Otherwise I "proved" that you ran way by linking to the thread. Try to use consistent logic please.

And as an example that you are running away from even simple questions I will give you a reminder again:

1 Peter 3 15

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once again post your evidence and link me. You have none do you. Lets be honest, you are running away again making false claims and accusations you cannot prove

I did. I guarantee you that you were in the link that I provided. I am merely playing the same silly game that you are. By your poor standards that was 'evidnece".

But I don't want to rely only on your bad "logic". Once again a reminder that you will not answer questions at times:

1 Peter 3 15