• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lord's Day, is it really Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdAngel

And as I have shown you before God put a stop on the Sabbath.

Isaiah 1:13 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Stop bringing worthless grain offerings!
They are like disgusting incense to me!
Rosh-Hodesh, Shabbat, calling convocations —
I can’t stand evil together with your assemblies!

Bible Gateway passage: Isaiah 1:13 - Complete Jewish Bible

Shabbat Day of week Description
Shabbat, Shabbos, or the Sabbath, is Judaism's day of rest and seventh day of the week. On this day, religious Jews, Samaritans and certain Christians remember the biblical creation of the heavens and the earth in six days and look forward to a future Messianic Age. Wikipedia

So your special day isn't my special day and it is no longer the Lord's day
Everyday is the Lord's day, He owns every day, every minute and every second.

Hosea 2:11 Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV)
I will put an end to all her celebration:
her pilgrimage festivals, her monthly new moons, and her weekly Sabbaths—
all her appointed festivals.

Bible Gateway passage: Hosea 2:11 - Evangelical Heritage Version

We are just going circles.
I have told you before it is the weekly Sabbaths described in the above Bible references
You would not believe because you don't like to believe
Maybe you have invested too much time, too much money in your religion teaching half bible truths. That you have just made up your mind like a fanatic, a zealot not based on knowledge. Now that is bad. My recommendation is cut your losses and save your soul. Just let it go.

We simply cannot make Isaiah 1:13 and Hosea 2:11 to disappear
It is God's repealing clause regarding the Sabbath, that law is passe and intended only for the Israelites - for them exclusively.

Now now MJFlores, your only repeating yourself from other threads. This post has already been addressed with a detailed scripture response. That you would not go near because it shows why you are in error.

Isaiah 1:13 and Hosea 2:11 were shown through context that you did not provide that they are in reference to the annual sabbaths in feast days that fall on any day of the week. Not God's 4th commandment.

Your problem is brother you do not know what sabbaths are being referred to in Isaiah 1:13 and Hosea 2:11 and your not able to explain it and when it is shown from the scriptures what they refer to you simply ignore God's Word in order to follow your man made traditions that break the commandments of God *Matthew 15:3-9

All you have done is to pull scripture out of context and assume it is talking about God's 4th commandment when the scripture in the old testament have many different types of sabbaths that are not God's 4th commandment..

We had this discussion in another thread and everytime you were provided with scripture that show why you are in error you simply choose to ignore them.

Maybe you can prove from the scriptures which sabbaths Isaiah 1:13 and Hosea 2:11 are talking about?

Are they talking about...

1. God's 4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11?
2. Ceremonial sabbaths in ordinances and feast days (not the 4th commandment)
3. The sabbaths (not the 4th commandment) in the Feast of trumpets *Leviticus 23:24?
4. The sabbaths (not the 4th commandment) in the Day of Atonement *Leviticus 23:27-32?
5. The sabbaths (not the 4th commandment) in the Feast of booths *Leviticus 23:29?
6. The sabbath (not the 4th commandment) of the land *Leviticus 25:4-22

In other post you were provided a detailed scripture breakdown showing that Isaiah 1:13 and Hosea 2:11 is talking about the annual shadow sabbaths in feast days which is the chapter and scripture context. These special annual sabbaths can fall on any day of the annual feast days. They are not God's 4th commandment. Detailed scripture proof you choose to ignore and will not respond to is provided here; here; here; here and here.

Your only cherry picking scripture to your own destruction if you do not know what the scriptures are referring to especially if you think that all scripture that has the word sabbath in it is referring to Gods' 4th commandment when shown above through God's Word alone that it does not when there are also sabbaths in ceremonial ordinances from the Mosiac book of the law that are not God's 4th commandment. This is what the scriptures in the OP show but you will not go near it.

You do err not knowing the scriptures or the power of God and when God calls to give you a blessing you turn your back and run away from his Word.

Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God *Matthew 15:3-9

For your own sake brother may you receive God's Word and be blessed. Ignoring it does not make it dissappear.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Romans 14:5-6 Living Bible (TLB)
Some think that Christians should observe the Jewish holidays as special days to worship God, but others say it is wrong and foolish to go to all that trouble, for every day alike belongs to God. On questions of this kind everyone must decide for himself. If you have special days for worshiping the Lord, you are trying to honor him; you are doing a good thing. So is the person who eats meat that has been offered to idols; he is thankful to the Lord for it; he is doing right. And the person who won’t touch such meat, he, too, is anxious to please the Lord, and is thankful.
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 14:5-6 - Living Bible

Romans 14:5-6 Expanded Bible (EXB)
Some ·think [decide; judge] that one day is more ·important [sacred; holy] than another, and others think that every day is the same [C the issue is whether to observe the Jewish Sabbath]. Let all be ·sure [fully convinced] ·in their own mind [according to their convictions/conscience]. Those who ·think one day is more important than other days [L observe the day] are doing that for the Lord. And those who ·eat all kinds of food [L eat] are doing that for the Lord, ·and [since; for] they give thanks to God. Others who ·refuse to eat some foods [L do not eat] do that for the Lord, and they give thanks to God.
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 14:5-6 - Expanded Bible

Now MJFlores, your a funny one :).

There you go again simply repeating yourself without addressing any of the posts and scriptures just provided to you that show why your in error in quoting Romans 14. I can understand why you do not want to full quote the earlier posts with all the scriptures in them that show why you are in error but ignoring God's Word brother will not make it disappear.

Let me know when you want to address my previous posts to you that show from the scriptures alone why you are in error in post # 152 linked and post # 153 linked.

Now brother prove to me that the scriptures shared with you in the linked posts above are not true? If you cannot prove that the scriptures provided in the linked posts above are not true than why do you not believe God's Word?

ROMANS 14 is talking about eating and not eating connected to days that men esteem over other days, not what days God esteems. The things that men esteem are an abomination in God's eyes.

LUKE 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God

There is no mention in all of ROMANS 14 of God's 4th commandment of any of God's 10 commandments.

Your reading into the scriptures again something they are not talking about. If you disagree please show why? Simply repeating yourself as you do is not a response to the posts and scriptures from God's Word showing why you are in error. It only means you are not able to respond to the posts and scriptures that disagree with you.

Let me know when you want a duscussion on the scriptures or the OP here. Where is the scripture that says "THE LORDS DAY" is Sunday? -

You have no scripture do you.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

C the issue is whether to observe the Jewish Sabbath.

There is no such thing as the JEWISH Sabbath. According to JESUS the Sabbath was made for all mankind *Mark 2:27. There was no sin, no Jew, no Israel, no Moses and no plan of salvation given to man when God made the Sabbath for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3

MARK 2:27-28 [27], And he said unto them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN, and not man for the sabbath:[28], so that the Son of man is LORD OF THE SABBATH (creator).

The GREEK word highlighted here for MAN in MARK 2:27 is ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos (G444) which means HUMAN BEING or mankind.

It seems you only see what you want to see. C?

May you receive God's Word and be blessed. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

The "Lord's Day" has nothing to do with Saturday or Sunday or any other day. It refers to the day the Lord will return to judge all mankind and punish the evil ones. If you bother to read verses like Amos 5:18 and Joel 1:15 you will see that it is a day of darkness destruction. God made the seventh day holy and no man can change that. But it is not the Lord's day that is described in the Bible. That day has not yet come.

3rdAngel

The "Lord's Day" has nothing to do with Saturday or Sunday or any other day. It refers to the day the Lord will return to judge all mankind and punish the evil ones. If you bother to read verses like Amos 5:18 and Joel 1:15 you will see that it is a day of darkness destruction. God made the seventh day holy and no man can change that. But it is not the Lord's day that is described in the Bible. That day has not yet come.

Actually not in the context of Revelation 1:9-10. Context determines application. Day of the Lord is normally applied in reference to the second coming and the judgments of God while the Lords day is in reference to the Lords ownership of the day. "In the Spirit on the Lords' Day" is in reference to the day John was in the Spirit of and not to the second coming as the context is in the Holy place in the Heavenly Sanctuary speaking with JESUS.

MJFlores

There is no such thing as the JEWISH Sabbath. According to JESUS the Sabbath was made for all mankind *Mark 2:27. There was no sin, no Jew, no Israel, no Moses and no plan of salvation given to man when God made the Sabbath for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3

MARK 2:27-28 [27], And he said unto them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN, and not man for the sabbath:[28], so that the Son of man is LORD OF THE SABBATH (creator).

The GREEK word highlighted here for MAN in MARK 2:27 is ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos (G444) which means HUMAN BEING or mankind.

May you receive God's Word and be blessed. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear.

There is no such thing as the JEWISH Sabbath...

giphy.gif

Every week religious Jews observe the Sabbath, the Jewish holy day, and keep its laws and customs. The Sabbath begins at nightfall on Friday and lasts until nightfall on Saturday. ... Jews often call the day Shabbat, which is Hebrew for Sabbath, and which comes from the Hebrew word for rest.Jul 15, 2009
Religions - Judaism: Sabbath - BBC

But for true Christians what is the real Sabbath?
From the Bible:

Hebrews 4:9-11 New International Version (NIV)
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

giphy.gif

So what requires every effort? And what is that Sabbath rest which the Bible says?
Let us read the answer from Lord Jesus Christ himself

Luke 13:24-30 New International Version (NIV)
“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

So the Sabbath rest is really the Kingdom of God
There will be feasting there
It is not Jewish Sabbath which you said does not exist but today's Jews are practicing it.

The Sabbath or the Kingdom of God was made for mankind
Not mankind made for the Kingdom of God [the real Sabbath rest]

What you are observing [which you couldn't describe how you observe it] is the Jewish Sabbath [not the Sabbath rest mentioned in the book of Hebrews] where finally a person can rest from his Christian works

The Jewish Sabbath was already repealed,declare null and void revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse,abrogate, annul, nullify, make void, recall by the Almighty God Isaiah 1:13, [URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea+2:11&version=NIV']Hosea 2:11[/URL]

images

Hebrews 8:7-13 New International Version (NIV)

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,

declares the Lord.
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

MJFlores

Are they talking about...

1. God's 4th commandment *Exodus 20:8-11?
2. Ceremonial sabbaths in ordinances and feast days (not the 4th commandment)
3. The sabbaths (not the 4th commandment) in the Feast of trumpets *Leviticus 23:24?
4. The sabbaths (not the 4th commandment) in the Day of Atonement *Leviticus 23:27-32?
5. The sabbaths (not the 4th commandment) in the Feast of booths *Leviticus 23:29?
6. The sabbath (not the 4th commandment) of the land *Leviticus 25:4-22

images

obsolete
adjective
ob·so·lete | \ ˌäb-sə-ˈlēt

, ˈäb-sə-ˌlēt\
Definition of obsolete

1a : no longer in use or no longer useful an obsolete word
b : of a kind or style no longer current : old-fashioned an obsolete technology farming methods that are now obsolete

Definition of OBSOLETE

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Some seem to think that the Ten Commandments are the 'old covenant' when there is not a single scripture which states this.

The 'old covenant' is found in Exodus 19:8, as Hebrews 8:6-9 relates.

Romans 3:31 shows that the Ten Commandments, the Law of God, are not the 'old covenant' by simple word substitution.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Likewise also Jeremiah:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
It's amazing, that when speaking about the 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11), the 7th day the sabbath of the LORD thy God, all manner of contradictory excuses are given by those who willingly reject God's command:

Here is a listing of 'reasons' (excuses) given for not Honouring the 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) of God, all being contradictory to themselves and to their own theological position in regards "sunday" or any other day (1-6) (for instance, some point to the international date line, and yet they don't seem to have any issue knowing when to go to work, or school, or church on the day they go):

Calendar has been Changed
Christ is the End of the Law ...
Early Church Fathers Citations
Every Day is Holy
History of the Church
International Dateline (Dayline)
Jesus Broke the Sabbath
Jesus Fulfilled the Law
Jesus Kept the Sabbath for me, so I do not now have to
Jesus Nailed the Sabbath to the Cross
Jesus is my Sabbath
Jesus Rose from the Dead on the First Day of the Week, Ending the Sabbath
Jesus Rose from the Dead on the First Day of the Week, Making it the New Sabbath
Livelihood - gotta keep my job to put food on the table
Lunar sabbaths
Nine Commandments Found in the New Testament, but not Sabbath
No Commandment in Genesis to keep the Sabbath
No Commandment in the New Testament to keep the Sabbath
No Commandment to Keep the Sabbath until Exodus 20
No Evening and Morning on the 7th Day in Genesis
No Man Kept Sabbath until Moses
No Word Sabbath in Genesis
Not to Judge about Sabbath Keeping
Not Under the Law but Under Grace
Not Under the Old Covenant (which they say is the Ten Commandments)
One Day in Seven Is Holy
Only Two Commandments to Keep Now
Sabbath was Changed to the LORD's Day (which they say is the first day)
Sabbath was only for the Hebrews
Sabbath was only for the Israelites
Sabbath was only for the Jews
Sabbath was only temporary
Seventh Day Sabbath cannot be Kept on the International Space Station
Seventh Day Sabbath cannot be Kept on the Poles (North & South)
Seventh Day Sabbath cannot be Kept on a Submarine
Seventh Day Sabbath was a Shadow of Things to Come
Stone the Sabbath Breaker
Sunday is the LORD's Day
Sunday is the New Order of Sabbaths (Mat. 28:1)
Sunday is the Sabbath
Time has been Lost
Tradition of the Churches
Under the New Covenant (which they say does not include the Ten Commandments)
We are in the New Creation, the 8th Day (Ogdoad)​

What is your personal 'reason' as listed above (or if not listed, please list it so it may be added), and does anyone see any contradictions concerning the above 'reasons'?

MJFlores

Jesus Broke the Sabbath

giphy.gif

Jesus Christ can't break the Sabbath when the Sabbath was repealed, removed and nullified by God Almighty 700 years before Jesus Christ was born.

Sabbath was only for the Israelites

giphy.gif

What is not listed in your list is
GOD ENDED THE SABBATH
700 years before Christ was Born

Lamentations 2:6 Good News Translation (GNT)

He smashed to pieces the Temple where we worshiped him;
He has put an end to holy days and Sabbaths.
King and priest alike have felt the force of his anger.

Hosea 2:11 Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV)
I will put an end to all her celebration:
her pilgrimage festivals, her monthly new moons, and her weekly Sabbaths
all her appointed festivals.

Isaiah 1:13 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

Don’t bring any more worthless grain offerings.
Your incense is disgusting to me,
so are
your New Moon Festivals, your days of rest—holy days,
and the assemblies you call.
I can’t stand your evil assemblies.

3rdAngel

Every week religious Jews observe the Sabbath, the Jewish holy day, and keep its laws and customs. The Sabbath begins at nightfall on Friday and lasts until nightfall on Saturday. ... Jews often call the day Shabbat, which is Hebrew for Sabbath, and which comes from the Hebrew word for rest.Jul 15, 2009
Religions - Judaism: Sabbath - BBC
I see, you have no scripture do you. :)

There is no such thing as the JEWISH Sabbath in God's Word. According to JESUS the Sabbath was made for all mankind *Mark 2:27. There was no sin, no Jew, no Israel, no Moses and no plan of salvation given to man when God made the Sabbath for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3

But for true Christians what is the real Sabbath? From the Bible: Hebrews 4:9-11 New International Version (NIV) There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Thank you. This passage only supports what I have been sharing with you. I agree the real Sabbath is shown in HEBREWS 4:1-11. This is talking a about God's REST which HEBERWS 4:1-5 defines as God's seventh day Sabbath from creation. This has already been demonstated through the scriptures in detail in post # 156 linked; post # 175 linked and post # 176 linked and elsewhere by crosstian. Please feel free to address these scriptures. They show why you are in error and may be helpful to you and also prove that God's 4th commandment is to kept by the people of God.

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

So the Sabbath rest is really the Kingdom of God There will be feasting there

What?":confused:

Where does it say that in the bible? The Sabbath rest is only defined in God's Word as the seventh day of the week that God blessed and made holy for all mankind and commands his people to keep as a memorial of creation and is a knowledge of sin when broken *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27; Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20; James 2:10-11.

Maybe you are mixing up your scriptures with ISAIAH 66:22-23 which is talking about God's people keeping the Sabbath in the new heavens and new earth in the Kingdom of God?

ISAIAH 66:22-23 [22], For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, said the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.[23], And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, said the LORD.
It is not Jewish Sabbath which you said does not exist but today's Jews are practicing it.

The Sabbath or the Kingdom of God was made for mankind
Not mankind made for the Kingdom of God [the real Sabbath rest]

What you are observing [which you couldn't describe how you observe it] is the Jewish Sabbath [not the Sabbath rest mentioned in the book of Hebrews] where finally a person can rest from his Christian works

The Jewish Sabbath was already repealed,declare null and void revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse,abrogate, annul, nullify, make void, recall by the Almighty God Isaiah 1:13, Hosea 2:11
As posted earlier, you are confused. There is no such thing as a Jewish Sabbath in God's Word. According to JESUS the Sabbath was made for all mankind *Mark 2:27. There was no sin, no Jew, no Israel, no Moses and no plan of salvation given to man when God made the Sabbath for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3
Hebrews 8:7-13 New International Version (NIV)

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
And here is your problem. You do not know what the old and the new covenant is do you :)
Let me know when you want to reply and discuss the content in my posts and the scriptures that show why you are in error.

3rdAngel

obsolete
adjective
ob·so·lete | \ ˌäb-sə-ˈlēt

, ˈäb-sə-ˌlēt\
Definition of obsolete

1a : no longer in use or no longer useful an obsolete word
b : of a kind or style no longer current : old-fashioned an obsolete technology farming methods that are now obsolete

Definition of OBSOLETE

What is obsolete? You do not know do you. :)

Do you want to see from the scriptures or would you rather not C?

3rdAngel

Jesus Christ can't break the Sabbath when the Sabbath was repealed, removed and nullified by God Almighty 700 years before Jesus Christ was born. What is not listed in your list is GOD ENDED THE SABBATH 700 years before Christ was Born
Goodness seems according to your interpretation of the scriptures someone forgot to tell JESUS and all the Apostles who continued keeping the Sabbath well after the death and resurrection of JESUS. Than we have all the Apostles who continued keeping God's 4th commandment Sabbath to the end of their lives :).

Woops someone made a mistake brother. Are you going to tell JESUS and the Apostles that they were in error?

Now brother this fact alone and all the scriptures in the new testament must tell you that your interpretation of the scriptures is in error. Not to mention the posts and scriptures that have been shared with you that prove Isaiah 1:13 and Hosea 2:11 are talking about the shadow sabbaths in ordinances that are connected to the feast days as shown in the scriptures to you in the linked posts to you provided here; here; here; here and here.

Seems JESUS and the Apostles did not know about your interpretation of the scriptures when they were alive and even after the death and resurrection of JESUS or did any of the JEWS who continue keeping God's 4th Commandment Sabbath to this very present day.
Lamentations 2:6 Good News Translation (GNT) He smashed to pieces the Temple where we worshiped him; He has put an end to holy days and Sabbaths. King and priest alike have felt the force of his anger.

Hosea 2:11 Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) I will put an end to all her celebration: her pilgrimage festivals, her monthly new moons, and her weekly Sabbaths— all her appointed festivals.

Isaiah 1:13 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW) Don’t bring any more worthless grain offerings.
Your incense is disgusting to me, so are your New Moon Festivals, your days of rest—holy days,
and the assemblies you call. I can’t stand your evil assemblies.
What do all three scriptures verses you have provided here have in common in the context of the scriptures? They are putting an end to the annual Jewish feast days, HER (Israels) new moons and HER (Israels) holy days, and HER (Israels) sabbaths. The context of sabbaths is to the annual ceremonial sabbaths in feast days. No more feast days and annual sabbaths connected to the annual feast days. All three scriptures are also in reference to God's anger to ISRAEL and ISRAEL punishment and captivity for Idolatry.

God makes a very clear distinction between His Sabbath and the ceremonial sabbaths in the Ten Commandments by stating,

But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God:” (Exodus 20:10, Deuteronomy 5:14).

Note that this is the Lord's Sabbath and never belonged to Israel. It is God's! We find this further demonstrated in scripture by God often calling His Sabbath, “My Sabbaths,” as in His weekly Sabbaths, while calling the ceremonial sabbaths that were only for Israel, “Her Sabbaths.

This very clear distinction has been given in Hosea 2:11 that leaves no uncertainty that the sabbaths referred to are only ceremonial such as Passover, Feast of trumpets, the Day of Atonement and the Feast f booths that were all practised because of sin.

This is also seen by the context of Hosea 2:11. Remember that this sacrificial system had feast days, new moons and sabbath days as previously explained. All the following scriptures refer only to the sacrificial sanctuary system.

Hosea 2:11 “I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.

Ezekiel 45:17 “And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts [holyday], and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Colossians 2:14-16 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; [sin] … 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink [offerings], or in respect of an holyday [feast], or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Sorry brother your interpretation of the scriptures is unbiblical. JESUS and none of the Apostles knew or practiced what you are teaching. Does this not concern you? It should as it shows you are in error.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

MJFlores

What?":confused:

Where does it say that in the bible? The Sabbath rest is only defined in God's Word as the seventh day of the week that God blessed and made holy for all mankind and commands his people to keep as a memorial of creation and is a knowledge of sin when broken *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27; Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20; James 2:10-11.

Maybe you are mixing up your scriptures with ISAIAH 66:22-23 which is talking about God's people keeping the Sabbath in the new heavens and new earth in the Kingdom of God?

ISAIAH 66:22-23 [22], For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, said the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.[23], And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, said the LORD.

giphy.gif

Isn't the new earth and the new heavens, the true Sabbath?
Where there is the true rest?

Hebrews 4:9-11 New International Version (NIV)
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Because if you can't enter THAT REST, you will perish
It is clear that this is no ordinary rest day
This is the rest where the likes you have not seen before
This is the true Sabbath - the new earth and the new heavens
and this is the Kingdom of God

And here is your problem. You do not know what the old and the new covenant is do you :)
Let me know when you want to reply and discuss the content in my posts and the scriptures that show why you are in error.

upload_2019-11-19_15-8-2.jpeg

Everything in these books are about the old covenant
The Old Covenant were given to the Israelites Exodus 31:16
The mediators of the Old Covenant were the Levites Numbers 1:53

upload_2019-11-19_15-15-39.jpeg

Everything in these books are about the new covenant
The New Covenant were given to the Israelites, the Gentiles and those who are far off Acts 2:39
The mediator of the New Covenant is the Lord Jesus Christ Hebrews 9:15

According to the Bible which is the better covenant [agreement]?
The Bible should answer:

Hebrews 8:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

What is obsolete? You do not know do you. :)

Hebrews 8:13 New International Version (NIV)

upload_2019-11-19_15-31-48.jpeg

MJFlores

Than we have all the Apostles who continued keeping God's 4th commandment Sabbath to the end of their lives :).

John 5:1-17 New International Version (NIV)
Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish festivals. Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”

“Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

upload_2019-11-19_15-37-37.jpeg

Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

upload_2019-11-19_15-38-30.jpeg

The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, and so the Jewish leaders said to the man who had been healed, “It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat.

But he replied, “The man who made me well said to me, ‘Pick up your mat and walk.’ ”

So they asked him, “Who is this fellow who told you to pick it up and walk?”

Pick%2BUp%2BMat.jpg

The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” The man went away and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had made him well.

images

So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.

giphy.gif

What Sabbath law did the cured man violate according to the Jewish leaders?

Jeremiah 17:21 New International Version (NIV)
This is what the Lord says: Be careful not to carry a load on the Sabbath day or bring it through the gates of Jerusalem.

Were they right?

CONCLUSIONS:

The Lord Jesus Christ NEVER RESTED on a Sabbath.
The Lord Jesus Christ ORDERED THE INVALID to pick up his mat and go home on a Sabbath
The Lord Jesus Christ told the man to DO SOMETHING on a Sabbath
Jesus did not violate the Sabbath or the cured man because there was no Sabbath to speak of

The Jewish leaders are pretty dumb to know that the Sabbath had been revoked 700 years ago.which is the time of the prophet Isaiah and Hosea Isaiah 1:13; [URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hosea+2:11&version=NIV']Hosea 2:11[/URL]

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Some people seem to think that when the Pharisees said:

Joh 5:10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.​

These were the same "Jews" with "murder" in their hearts, and who only had pharisaical man-made traditions which were counter to God's law:

Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him ...
Yet, there was no restriction in scripture that forbid the carrying about the 'mat' on any day, sabbath or not, at all. in fact, Jesus stated that the man was to not sin any more, unless a worse thing come upon him:

Joh_5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.​

3rdAngel

Isn't the new earth and the new heavens, the true Sabbath? Where there is the true rest

The true rest is believing and following Gods' Word. This is what HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4 is discussing. No the new heavens and the new earth are not the Sabbath. According to God's Word (not mine) the Sabbath is defined as the "seventh day" of the week. We are told that we will be keeping the Sabbath in the new heavens and new earth though..

ISAIAH 66:22-23 [22], For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, said the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23], And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, said the LORD.

The scripture say from "one sabbath to another" so cannot mean the new heaven and the new earth which the scripture says "remain"

Indeed, thank you. This supports what I have been sharing with you. Please see a detailed scripture response provided in post # 156 linked; post # 175 linked and post # 176 linked.

Because if you can't enter THAT REST, you will perish It is clear that this is no ordinary rest day This is the rest where the likes you have not seen before This is the true Sabbath - the new earth and the new heavens and this is the Kingdom of God

No one enters God's rest which is defined as God's seventh day Sabbath *HEBREWS 4:1-5 without believing and following God's Word. With that context in mind that is why it says in HEBREWS 4:9

[9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

3rdAngel said: And here is your problem. You do not know what the old and the new covenant is do you :) Let me know when you want to reply and discuss the content in my posts and the scriptures that show why you are in error.
Your response...
Everything in these books are about the old covenant The Old Covenant were given to the Israelites Exodus 31:16 The mediators of the Old Covenant were the Levites Numbers 1:53
Okayyyyy. So according to God's Word in the Old Covenant are we allowed to kill now in the new covenant? What about lie or steal and commit adultery? If not why not? What about have sex with animals? You do not know what the old covenant is and the new covenant is do you.
Everything in these books are about the new covenant The New Covenant were given to the Israelites, the Gentiles and those who are far off Acts 2:39 The mediator of the New Covenant is the Lord Jesus Christ Hebrews 9:15
Your digging a hole for yourself again brother. So the new covenant is for ISRAEL? Who is ISRAEL in the new covenant and where does it say the new covenant is for gentiles in God's Word (scripture please). You do not know what the old and the new covenants are do you.
According to the Bible which is the better covenant [agreement]? The Bible should answer: Hebrews 8:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises. For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.
Indeed so what is the new covenant that replaces the old? Are we allowed to kill now in the new covenant? What about lie or steal and commit adultery? If not why not? What about have sex with animals? You do not know what the old covenant is and the new covenant is do you.
Hebrews 8:13 New International Version (NIV) By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Indeed so what is the new covenant that replaces the old? Are we allowed to kill now in the new covenant? What about lie or steal and commit adultery? If not why not? What about have sex with animals? You do not know what the old covenant is and the new covenant is do you.

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.[/QUOTE]

Faithofchristian

Sure have brother. Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 are showing that no one enters into God's REST which is defined in God's Word (not mine) as God's "seveth day sabbath" *Hebrews 4:1-5 unless they believe and follow God's Word....

HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4. These chapters also link very nicely into PSLAMS 95 if you have some time to read it but we will not touch on PSALMS 95 in this post.

For this post let's look at HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4 and within Chapter and Scripture context highlighting what the scriptures are saying...

Hebrews 3
8, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9, When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10, Why I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11, So I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter into MY REST.
Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14, For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end;
15, While it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16, For some, when they had heard, did provoke: however, not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17, But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcasses fell in the wilderness?
18, And to whom swore he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19, So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 3

v8-10 God's people in the winderness erred and hardened their hearts not knowing God's ways
v11 Because they hardened their hearts not knowing God's way God was angry and did not let them enter HIS REST
v13
Hardness of heart comes from the deceitfulness of SIN (breaking God's LAW)
v19 God's people did not enter into God's REST because of UNBELIEF

Hebrews 3 links to the testimony of Ezekiel of God’s people not entering God’s Sabbath rest..

EZEKIEL 20:10-13 [10], Why I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt and BROGHT THEM INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11], And I gave them my statutes, and showed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them. [12], Moreover ALSO I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THEM THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM. [13], But THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL REBELLED AGAINST ME IN THE WILDERNESS: THEY WALKED NOT IN MY STATUTES AND DISPISED MY JUDGMENTS WHICH IF A MAN DO THEY SHALL LIVE IN THEM AND MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them..

WHAT IS HIS (God's) REST IN HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4?

HEBREWS 4
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:1-5

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who believe or do not believe God's WORD and enter into that rest.

[6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

INTERLINEAR HEBREWS 4:9

αρα απολειπεται σαββατισμος τω λαω του θεου
So then there remains a Sabbath rest to the people - of God

Parallel translations of HEBREWS 4:9

New International Version
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

English Standard Version
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Berean Study Bible
So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Berean Literal Bible
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

New American Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, a Sabbath rest remains for God's people.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

NET Bible
Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

New Heart English Bible
There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

New American Standard 1977

American Standard Version
There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.

Darby Bible Translation
There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
there doth remain, then, a Sabbatic rest to the people of God,

continuing...

[10], For he that is entered into his rest (v9 SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (Heb 3).

CONCLUSION: Yep lots of scripture here showing that if you do not enter into God's Gospel rest you cannot enter his SABBATH REST. v 1-4 is the context of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH confirmed in v9-11 Hebrews 3-4 is talking about the Gospel and the keeping of God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD. "There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief" v9-11. HEBREWS 4 supports the keeping of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by believing and following the Word of God.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

As Israel was in the wilderness for
40 years and in the keeping the seventh day Sabbath..
But yet God aware in his wrath..that Israel would not enter his rest. Hebrews 3:11.

Hebrews 4:8-9--
8-"For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day"
9--"There remains therefore a rest to the people of God"

Jesus never spoke of another day...all because we rest in Jesus Christ and not on any given day of the week no more..

The Seventh day Sabbath. Is old testament rest.
On this side of the cross of Jesus Christ...
We now rest in Jesus Christ and not no longer on any day of the week, no more.

But as it is.. people would rather follow man's teachings, Than follow the teachings of Christ Jesus.

But yet Jesus Christ Condemn man's teachings in Matthew 15:7-9..

7--" You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8--"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9--"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

There you have it..Jesus Christ himself condemned man's teachings.

3rdAngel

As Israel was in the wilderness for
40 years and in the keeping the seventh day Sabbath..
But yet God aware in his wrath..that Israel would not enter his rest. Hebrews 3:11.

Hebrews 4:8-9--
8-"For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day"
9--"There remains therefore a rest to the people of God"

Jesus never spoke of another day...all because we rest in Jesus Christ and not on any given day of the week no more..

The Seventh day Sabbath. Is old testament rest.
On this side of the cross of Jesus Christ...
We now rest in Jesus Christ and not no longer on any day of the week, no more.

But as it is.. people would rather follow man's teachings, Than follow the teachings of Christ Jesus.

But yet Jesus Christ Condemn man's teachings in Matthew 15:7-9..

7--" You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8--"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9--"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

There you have it..Jesus Christ himself condemned man's teachings.

Read the post you are quoting from. You did not read it did you. Those in HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4 did not enter into God's REST (the seventh day Sabbath - HEBREWS 4:1-5) because they did not believe and follow Gods' Word.

Matthew 15:7-9 is from JESUS rebuking those who follow man made teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. It has some parallels to those who knowingly break God's 4th commandment in order to follow the man made teaching and tradition of Sunday worship for which there is no biblical reason to do so.

The other day in Hebrews 4:8 is the day of the Messiah (Christ) when we all get a chance to Hear and believe and follow the Gospel of God's Word again...

Hebrews 4:2-3 [2] For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. [3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. [4], For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. [5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

May you receive Gods' Word and be blessed.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Sure have brother. Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 are showing that no one enters into God's REST which is defined in God's Word (not mine) as God's "seveth day sabbath" *Hebrews 4:1-5 unless they believe and follow God's Word....

HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4. These chapters also link very nicely into PSLAMS 95 if you have some time to read it but we will not touch on PSALMS 95 in this post.

For this post let's look at HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4 and within Chapter and Scripture context highlighting what the scriptures are saying...

Hebrews 3
8, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9, When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10, Why I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11, So I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter into MY REST.
Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14, For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end;
15, While it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16, For some, when they had heard, did provoke: however, not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17, But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcasses fell in the wilderness?
18, And to whom swore he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19, So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 3

v8-10 God's people in the winderness erred and hardened their hearts not knowing God's ways
v11 Because they hardened their hearts not knowing God's way God was angry and did not let them enter HIS REST
v13
Hardness of heart comes from the deceitfulness of SIN (breaking God's LAW)
v19 God's people did not enter into God's REST because of UNBELIEF

Hebrews 3 links to the testimony of Ezekiel of God’s people not entering God’s Sabbath rest..

EZEKIEL 20:10-13 [10], Why I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt and BROGHT THEM INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11], And I gave them my statutes, and showed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them. [12], Moreover ALSO I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THEM THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM. [13], But THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL REBELLED AGAINST ME IN THE WILDERNESS: THEY WALKED NOT IN MY STATUTES AND DISPISED MY JUDGMENTS WHICH IF A MAN DO THEY SHALL LIVE IN THEM AND MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them..

WHAT IS HIS (God's) REST IN HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4?

HEBREWS 4
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:1-5

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week. CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who believe or do not believe God's WORD and enter into that rest.

[6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
[7], Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
[8], For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
[9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

INTERLINEAR HEBREWS 4:9

αρα απολειπεται σαββατισμος τω λαω του θεου
So then there remains a Sabbath rest to the people - of God

Parallel translations of HEBREWS 4:9

New International Version
There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

English Standard Version
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

New American Standard Bible

Christian Standard Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
There remains, therefore, a Sabbath rest for the people of God to keep,

NET Bible
Consequently a Sabbath rest remains for the people of God.

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

New American Standard 1977

American Standard Version

Darby Bible Translation
There remains then a sabbatism to the people of God.

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament
It follows that there still remains a sabbath rest for the people of God.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
there doth remain, then, a Sabbatic rest to the people of God,

continuing...

[10], For he that is entered into his rest (v9 SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (Heb 3).

CONCLUSION: Yep lots of scripture here showing that if you do not enter into God's Gospel rest you cannot enter his SABBATH REST. v 1-4 is the context of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH confirmed in v9-11 Hebrews 3-4 is talking about the Gospel and the keeping of God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD. "There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief" v9-11. HEBREWS 4 supports the keeping of the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH by believing and following the Word of God.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

God's rest, has nothing at all.to do with the seventh day Sabbath..

God's rest goes way beyond the seventh day Sabbath..
It seems your stuck on a day of the week.
When it's evidence that we no longer keep a day unto God and Jesus Christ..but we rest in Jesus Christ and not on any day of the week no more..

The seventh day Sabbath is old testament.

The new testament we now rest in Jesus Christ and not on any day of the week no more.

Faithofchristian

Read the post you are quoting from. You did not read it did you. Those in HEBREWS 3 and HEBREWS 4 did not enter into God's REST (the seventh day Sabbath - HEBREWS 4:1-5) because they did not believe and follow Gods' Word. Matthew 15:7-9 is from JESUS rebuking those who follow man made teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. It has some parallels to those who knowingly break God's 4th commandment in order to follow the man made teaching and tradition of Sunday worship for which there is no biblical reason to do so.

It seems that your having a hard time in staying up with the progam..

Hebrews 3-4... clearly shows..that there is a rest unto the people of God..
This has nothing to do with the seventh day Sabbath.
God's rest goes way beyond the seventh day Sabbath..

Back in the old testament.people was required to keep the seventh day Sabbath.

But now the new testament. People are required to rest in Jesus Christ.
It seems your stuck in the old testament of doing things..were not under the old testament but now under the new testament of doing things.

You rest on a day of the week
and I'll rest in Jesus Christ..

You resting on a day of the week

And I rest in Jesus Christ

Now who do you suppose will get the better .
of blessing... You resting on a day
Or me resting in Jesus Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.