• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The LORD is my shepherd

Misty Woods

A Child of Our Almighty Creator Jehovah
I have an in-law that uses diversion tactics to try to change the subject or topic at hand so as Not to address what is being discussed.
Sadly, that is the way of most of the world, and so we must do our best to use our time wisely, by praying for Holy Spirit to guide us toward those that are sincere.

The Anointed

I get as far as the first paragraph and I am already in disagreement!

Jesus Christ was the first fruits of the harvest [1 Corinthians 15:23] but also the 'firstfruit' [Read Romans 11:16]

Then I read John 1:12, which you interpret as referring to 'I am who I am'. Why do you not see this as referring to Jesus Christ? To 'as many as received him' the name by which he is known is Jesus Christ [or Hebrew equivalent]. Jesus Christ is the 'countenance', or glory of God.

When was Jesus born 'A' son of God? when he was born of the flesh to Mary and Joseph, the children sired by Alexander Helios, from different mothers, or when he was born of the spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, THIS DAY I have begotten thee, or as said in Hebrews 5: 5; "You are my son TODAY I have become your Father?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Deeje, you're now making false accusations against me. I do worship with other born again believers, and together we share the same core beliefs. The belief that Jesus Christ is 'My Lord and God' is actually quite common amongst 'Pentecostal' types such as myself!

You yourself said that you attend a non-denominational church, which naturally means that all in attendance do not agree on a collective level. You might share a core of beliefs, but you are not united.....you cannot be or you would not be worshipping in such a church. (1 Corinthians 1:10) Non-denominationalsm is for those who are basically misfits in Christendom IMO.

If you are “Pentecostal” then why do you not attend a Pentecostal church? If the people with whom you worship do not share all your beliefs, then there is no real unity, only tolerance of your differences. Is that what Jesus started?

JW’s do not have that situation. We are not just united in all our beliefs locally or nationally, but internationally......we are a global brotherhood fully united in worship, functioning beautifully in a disunited world. We have one message that we deliver in our global ministry, no matter what nation we reside in, we all believe the same things and we are all preachers of the Kingdom. I do not know of any other Christian organization in existence that can claim that.

We are also one of the most persecuted organisations in the world, despite the fact that we are non-violent and non-political. Jesus told us to expect that. (John 15:18-21) Who is persecuting you?

You say that you do not serve Jesus Christ, and that Jesus Christ is not worthy to be worshipped.

It’s not a case of Jesus not being “worthy” of worship....it’s the fact that he did not seek to be worshipped because he himself worshipped the Father as “the only true God” (John 17:3; Luke 4:8) It would have been blasphemous of him to place himself on equal footing with his own God. We serve Jehovah along with Jesus....that is the main thing that separates us. Jesus referred to his disciples as his “brothers” not his “sons”. We will not be part of that blasphemy. We honor him as “the son of God” because he is not once ever referred to as “God the Son”.

I disagree strongly, and I believe that the power that accompanies the Holy Spirit will not be found in churches where the Son is not honoured as the Father!

Ah...now it makes sense. Being “Pentecostal”, you are apparently strongly reliant on ‘manifestations of the spirit’. This is what we reject as satanic trickery. It was foretold that the “gifts” would cease and make way for more mature evidences of God’s spirit.....”faith, hope and love”. Paul also foretold that satan would use his own brand of “powerful works” to ensnare those who still ‘childishly’ wanted to see the “miracles”. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12; 1 Corinthians 13:11-13) The gifts were for the benefit of unbelievers, not to prop up the faith of believers. They served their purpose and were withdrawn.

It's been good chatting. I hope you'll think more about the logic of the syllogism presented in the OP!

The Bible’s message is clear to me and the brotherhood that I am privileged to be part of ticks all the boxes for me......too many of your ‘boxes’ are empty for me.

So I too wish you the truth, as only God can reveal it. (John 6:65)

Redemptionsong

You yourself said that you attend a non-denominational church, which naturally means that all in attendance do not agree on a collective level. You might share a core of beliefs, but you are not united.....you cannot be or you would not be worshipping in such a church. (1 Corinthians 1:10) Non-denominationalsm is for those who are basically misfits in Christendom IMO.

If you are “Pentecostal” then why do you not attend a Pentecostal church? If the people with whom you worship do not share all your beliefs, then there is no real unity, only tolerance of your differences. Is that what Jesus started?

JW’s do not have that situation. We are not just united in all our beliefs locally or nationally, but internationally......we are a global brotherhood fully united in worship, functioning beautifully in a disunited world. We have one message that we deliver in our global ministry, no matter what nation we reside in, we all believe the same things and we are all preachers of the Kingdom. I do not know of any other Christian organization in existence that can claim that.

We are also one of the most persecuted organisations in the world, despite the fact that we are non-violent and non-political. Jesus told us to expect that. (John 15:18-21) Who is persecuting you?

It’s not a case of Jesus not being “worthy” of worship....it’s the fact that he did not seek to be worshipped because he himself worshipped the Father as “the only true God” (John 17:3; Luke 4:8) It would have been blasphemous of him to place himself on equal footing with his own God. We serve Jehovah along with Jesus....that is the main thing that separates us. Jesus referred to his disciples as his “brothers” not his “sons”. We will not be part of that blasphemy. We honor him as “the son of God” because he is not once ever referred to as “God the Son”.

Ah...now it makes sense. Being “Pentecostal”, you are apparently strongly reliant on ‘manifestations of the spirit’. This is what we reject as satanic trickery. It was foretold that the “gifts” would cease and make way for more mature evidences of God’s spirit.....”faith, hope and love”. Paul also foretold that satan would use his own brand of “powerful works” to ensnare those who still ‘childishly’ wanted to see the “miracles”. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12; 1 Corinthians 13:11-13) The gifts were for the benefit of unbelievers, not to prop up the faith of believers. They served their purpose and were withdrawn.

The Bible’s message is clear to me and the brotherhood that I am privileged to be part of ticks all the boxes for me......too many of your ‘boxes’ are empty for me.

So I too wish you the truth, as only God can reveal it. (John 6:65)

Deeje, you should reflect on what you have said here. The early church was not divided into hundreds of different denominations. They were united by the one Spirit that dwelt in all who believed. It was Paul who preached the Gospel of grace to the Gentiles and it is his teaching, consistent with his fellow apostles, that underpins the true doctrine of the Church.

The gift of the Holy Spirit is with the true Church today, and those who declare that the Holy Spirit is no longer active are denying the grace of God.

The powers provided by the Holy Spirit are for the benefit of the Church, and will continue to exist until the day that Christ returns in person to earth. By claiming that such power is of the devil is overlooking the fact that the Holy Spirit is itself the power that discerns evil spirits. How can you discern evil spirits if you don't have this spiritual discernment?

The power that unites the Jehovah's Witnesses is not from above. JWs, however well meaning, are part of a religion governed by worldly men and women.

Jesus never came to form a new religion. Judaism, as the Law, already existed. The new covenant is therefore not found in a religion but a person! As a Christian l follow Christ, not an unknown god. In following Christ l am led by the Spirit, not by the law.

IMO, your denial of the Holy Spirit leaves you under the law, living by your own righteousness, and not the righteousness of God.

Redemptionsong

When was Jesus born 'A' son of God? when he was born of the flesh to Mary and Joseph, the children sired by Alexander Helios, from different mothers, or when he was born of the spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son, THIS DAY I have begotten thee, or as said in Hebrews 5: 5; "You are my son TODAY I have become your Father?
I think we've discussed this issue before!

I believe that Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and conceived miraculously. I do not believe that Joseph fathered Jesus. This is not what the scriptures teach.

God is father of the man, Jesus, and father of the Spirit that descended on Jesus at his baptism. One God, one Spirit.

The Anointed

I think we've discussed this issue before!

I believe that Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and conceived miraculously. I do not believe that Joseph fathered Jesus. This is not what the scriptures teach.

God is father of the man, Jesus, and father of the Spirit that descended on Jesus at his baptism. One God, one Spirit.

If as you say, God is the father of the man Jesus, and father of the Spirit that descended on Jesus at his baptism. And that God, is one with the Spirit, that descended upon the man Jesus, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my Son this day I have begotten thee." Where do you get a virgin birth from that?

It was through the power or rather the workings of the Holy Spirit, that the child Jesus was born. Now we read of Isaac the child of God’s promise to Abraham, and see that Isaac was also born through the power, or the workings of the Holy Spirit as seen in Galatians 4: 29; where it is written, “Yet at that time the child born according to the flesh (Ishmael) persecuted him (Isaac) who was born according to the promise and the workings of the holy spirit.” It was through the workings of the Holy Spirit that the barren Sarah conceived the child of God’s promise, who was the biological son of her half-brother Abraham. And it was through the power=workings of the Holy Spirit that Mary conceived the child of God’s promise, who was the biological son of her half-brother, ‘Joseph the son of Alexander Helios.’

Just as Isaac, the promised seed of Abraham was born through the union of Abraham and his half-sister Sarah, according to the workings of the Holy Spirit, and Sarah was told by an angel/man that she was to become pregnant, so too, the man Jesus, the reality of God’s promise to Abraham, was born according to the workings of the Holy Spirit and born of the union of Mary and her half-brother Joseph, who were both sired by Heli=Alexander Helios III.

Do you believe that Isaac, who was the child of God's promise and was born according to the workings of the Holy Spirit, was born without the semen of Abraham being introduced into uterus,

If Jesus was born, the son of God, without male semen having been introduced into the uterus of Mary, why would the Lord God our savior fill the man Jesus with his spirit on the day of his baptism, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee' or as said in Hebrews 5:5; "You are my Son 'TODAY' I have become your Father?"

It was through a Greek speaking man that Gabriel, the angel of the Greeks and not Michael the angel of the Hebrews, spoke to the 13/14 year-old “parthenos” (Young unmarried woman) and told her that she would soon become pregnant and bear a son, who God would make a King, as his ancestor David was. So the Lord through his angel verifies, that her son would be genetically descended from King David, who was born of the seed of Adam and therefore under the penalty of the inherited sin.
Luke 3:23; (KJV) And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli. The (AS WAS SUPPOSED) in brackets, was a later interpolation by those who would have you believe the false teaching of the so-called virgin birth.

In the different translations of the KJV into Arabic, Afrikaan, Zulu, etc and even some of the more modern English translations, such as the Good News Catholic Study Edition Bible, the words (As was supposed) have been retained, but the brackets are removed, thus by, making those words appear to be the declaration of Luke, while the serious biblical student know that they were not written by Luke, but were a later interpolation and a corruption of the Holy Scriptures, by those Christians, who refuse to accept that Jesus was not a God who became a man, but a man, born of human parents, who was later CHOSEN by the Lord our saviour ‘The Son of Man,’ as his heir and successor.

If Jesus was not born of the flesh as all human beings are, but was born of a virgin without male semen having been introduced into her uterus, then this would have been the greatest of all miracles, and would have been shouted from the roof tops by all four gospel writers and yet we see that Mark and John ignore the physical birth of Jesus as being totally irrelevant to the story of salvation and begin their account of He who was sent in the name of the Lord, with the Baptism of the man Jesus, when he was born of the spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, “You are my son, Today I have begotten thee.”

And Matthew 1: 23' says; "Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through his prophet (Isaiah) etc."

This verse; Luke 3:22; which now reads; “Thou art my beloved son in whom I am pleased,” was also changed by those who want you to believe that Jesus was not born of the flesh by two human parents and Later, on the day of his baptism, born of the spirit of our Lord God and saviour, ‘The Son of MAN’ and the MOST HIGH in the creation, when the spirit of our Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove

In Luke 3: 22; (In place of “Thou art my beloved son in who I am well pleased.”) The following authorities of the second, third, and fourth centuries read, “This day I have begotten thee,” vouched for by Codex D, and the most ancient copies of the old latin (a, b. c. ff.I), by Justin Martyr (AD 140), Clemens Alex, (AD. 190), Methodius (AD. 290), among the Greeks. And among the Latins, Lactaitius (AD 300), Hilary (AD) Juvencus (AD. 330), Faustus (AD. 400) and Augustine. All these oldest manuscripts were changed completely. They now read, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.” Whereas the original variant was, “Thou art my Son. This day I have begotten thee.”

Isaiah 7: 14; Jewish Translation: “Therefore the Lord, of his own, shall give you a sign; behold the Almah (‘YOUNG UNMARRIED WOMAN') is with child, and she shall bear a son and she shall call his name Immanuel.”

Isaiah 7: 14; Erroneous KJV Translation; “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold the ‘Virgin’ shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel.”

“The Greek word parthenos (παρθένος) is ambiguous but the Hebrew term “Almah”[Unmarried Female] is absolute, and is erroneously translated from Isaiah 7: 14, to Greek in Matthew 1:23; as “virgin,” whereas according to Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible, the Hebrew term “Almah,” carries the meaning, (Concealment---unmarried female.)”

In 1973, an ecumenical edition of RSV was approved by both Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, called the common bible. A New English Translation of the Bible, published in 1970 and approved by the council of churches in England, Scotland, Wales, the Irish council of churches, the London Society of Friends, and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches of England, all translate Isaiah 7: 14; “A young Woman is with child, and she will bear a son.”

Also The Good News Bible, Catholic Study Edition, with imprimatur by Archbishop John Whealon reads, Isaiah 7: 14; “A young woman who is pregnant will have a son, etc.”

As these religious bodies all now accept that Isaiah was not referring to a virgin in that famous passage, they must now accept that the authors of the Septuagint and The Gospel of Matthew, who were forced to use the Greek term “Parthenos” in reference to Isaiah’s prophecy, were in no way implying that the pregnant Mary, was still a virgin.

Matthew 1: 22-23; should now read; ‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called Immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)

An ‘almah’ (Unmarried female) can be a virgin, but there is no way this side of heaven that a pregnant ‘almah’ can still be a virgin.

Isaiah 7: 14; Jewish Translation: “Therefore the Lord, of his own, shall give you a sign; behold the Almah ‘IS WITH CHILD,’ and she shall bear a son and she shall call his name Immanuel.”

As those religious organisations now admit that Isaiah was not referring to a virgin, but a pregnant unmarried female, Matthew 1: 23; should now read; "‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah, who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called Immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)

The Lord God our savior who chose the man Jesus as his earthly host body, in who he would reveal himself to man, was with us.

But you are entitled to believe anything the the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, wants you to believe.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The year 1975, According to the Watch Tower, sees the battle of Armageddon the great tribulation that precedes the seventh Day thousand year Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of the still in the future reality.

The years 1975 marked 6,000 years from Adam's creation. I was a Witness in 1975 and they did not predict the battle of Armageddon then. They simply said that if we still have 1,000 years left before mankind is brought back to the perfection with which Adam and his wife were created, then wouldn't it be great if this was the year that saw the kingdom come to lead us into the kingdom's 1,000 year rule. It was a wait and see.....we waited and we saw that there was still much work to be done, so we got on with it.

The Watchtower is our logo for a very good reason. The watchman was to stand at the ready , scanning the horizon to see if danger approached the city. If he saw something a far off he alerted the residents and put them at the ready. If it was something that needed action, they were prepared. If it was a false alarm, the residents went back to their normal routine. This has been our history. We don't make predictions, but we also don't lose our hope or our optimism because Jesus told us to "keep on the watch"....so we do not apologise for doing that. (Matthew 24:42-44)

We believe that we are being prepared right now for what is about to descend on the world.....all these terrible events mean something.....and they are leading us somewhere. We are living in unprecedented times.....only God knows where this will take us, but we are ready. The watchman has sounded an alert.

The Anointed

The years 1975 marked 6,000 years from Adam's creation. I was a Witness in 1975 and they did not predict the battle of Armageddon then. They simply said that if we still have 1,000 years left before mankind is brought back to the perfection with which Adam and his wife were created, then wouldn't it be great if this was the year that saw the kingdom come to lead us into the kingdom's 1,000 year rule. It was a wait and see.....we waited and we saw that there was still much work to be done, so we got on with it.

The Watchtower is our logo for a very good reason. The watchman was to stand at the ready , scanning the horizon to see if danger approached the city. If he saw something a far off he alerted the residents and put them at the ready. If it was something that needed action, they were prepared. If it was a false alarm, the residents went back to their normal routine. This has been our history. We don't make predictions, but we also don't lose our hope or our optimism because Jesus told us to "keep on the watch"....so we do not apologise for doing that. (Matthew 24:42-44)

We believe that we are being prepared right now for what is about to descend on the world.....all these terrible events mean something.....and they are leading us somewhere. We are living in unprecedented times.....only God knows where this will take us, but we are ready. The watchman has sounded an alert.

We have not even been on earth for 6,000 years from Adam, as yet.

An excerpt from the link below----- The word 'armageddon' can be found 4198 times in the Watchtower magazine from 1950 to 2011. The words, 'doomed' and 'system of things' occur together in the same articles 1185 times. The words 'doomed' and 'world' occur together in the same articles 812 times. Armageddon is a very serious topic for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Armageddon.

Matey, I was around when the Jw's were door knocking before 1975, warning us of the great battle of Harmageddon, that was to occur in that year, which your mob erroneously believed was the 6,000 th year from Adam. and the beginning of the great one thousand year Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of that coming future reality.

I'm sure I can get a copy of the Watch Tower, concerning that falsehood.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
We have not even been on earth for 6,000 years from Adam, as yet.

An excerpt from the link below----- The word 'armageddon' can be found 4198 times in the Watchtower magazine from 1950 to 2011. The words, 'doomed' and 'system of things' occur together in the same articles 1185 times. The words 'doomed' and 'world' occur together in the same articles 812 times. Armageddon is a very serious topic for Jehovah's Witnesses.
Well, surprise, surprise...an anti-JW site.....nose in the trough eh? Did you enjoy the swill?

Matey, I was around when the Jw's were door knocking before 1975, warning us of the great battle of Harmageddon, that was to occur in that year, which your mob erroneously believed was the 6,000 th year from Adam. and the beginning of the great one thousand year Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of that coming future reality.

I'm sure I can get a copy of the Watch Tower, concerning that falsehood.

We have been warning about Armageddon for many decades....that might be quite a while in earth years, but not long at all in universal time. Armageddon was prophesied almost 2,000 years ago. We believe that we are staring down the barrel of that Great War right now.

Events at present may take us there very soon. We do not know exactly how these events will play out, but we are expecting the demise of "Babylon the great" as the beginning of the end. Things will move quickly as they have already this very year. The whole world has been brought to its knees by a virus.....a tiny weapon with a large capacity for fear and a horrible death. One disaster after another with drought, fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, diseases and terrorism......and people will become "faint out of fear" of what is happening as the world spirals out of control. All nation's economies are facing financial collapse and there is nowhere to turn for help. Apparently people are putting their trust in gold as its price soars. But you can't eat gold. It too will become worthless.

Are you ready? It will all happen when God is ready.

And chronologically, 1975 was 6,000 years from Adam's creation. But not 6,000 years from Eve's, which occurred at the conclusion of the 6th "day". The 7th day has not ended yet. There is still much to accomplish.

Redemptionsong

If as you say, God is the father of the man Jesus, and father of the Spirit that descended on Jesus at his baptism. And that God, is one with the Spirit, that descended upon the man Jesus, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my Son this day I have begotten thee." Where do you get a virgin birth from that?

It was through the power or rather the workings of the Holy Spirit, that the child Jesus was born. Now we read of Isaac the child of God’s promise to Abraham, and see that Isaac was also born through the power, or the workings of the Holy Spirit as seen in Galatians 4: 29; where it is written, “Yet at that time the child born according to the flesh (Ishmael) persecuted him (Isaac) who was born according to the promise and the workings of the holy spirit.” It was through the workings of the Holy Spirit that the barren Sarah conceived the child of God’s promise, who was the biological son of her half-brother Abraham. And it was through the power=workings of the Holy Spirit that Mary conceived the child of God’s promise, who was the biological son of her half-brother, ‘Joseph the son of Alexander Helios.’

Just as Isaac, the promised seed of Abraham was born through the union of Abraham and his half-sister Sarah, according to the workings of the Holy Spirit, and Sarah was told by an angel/man that she was to become pregnant, so too, the man Jesus, the reality of God’s promise to Abraham, was born according to the workings of the Holy Spirit and born of the union of Mary and her half-brother Joseph, who were both sired by Heli=Alexander Helios III.

Do you believe that Isaac, who was the child of God's promise and was born according to the workings of the Holy Spirit, was born without the semen of Abraham being introduced into uterus,

If Jesus was born, the son of God, without male semen having been introduced into the uterus of Mary, why would the Lord God our savior fill the man Jesus with his spirit on the day of his baptism, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee' or as said in Hebrews 5:5; "You are my Son 'TODAY' I have become your Father?"

It was through a Greek speaking man that Gabriel, the angel of the Greeks and not Michael the angel of the Hebrews, spoke to the 13/14 year-old “parthenos” (Young unmarried woman) and told her that she would soon become pregnant and bear a son, who God would make a King, as his ancestor David was. So the Lord through his angel verifies, that her son would be genetically descended from King David, who was born of the seed of Adam and therefore under the penalty of the inherited sin.
Luke 3:23; (KJV) And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli. The (AS WAS SUPPOSED) in brackets, was a later interpolation by those who would have you believe the false teaching of the so-called virgin birth.

In the different translations of the KJV into Arabic, Afrikaan, Zulu, etc and even some of the more modern English translations, such as the Good News Catholic Study Edition Bible, the words (As was supposed) have been retained, but the brackets are removed, thus by, making those words appear to be the declaration of Luke, while the serious biblical student know that they were not written by Luke, but were a later interpolation and a corruption of the Holy Scriptures, by those Christians, who refuse to accept that Jesus was not a God who became a man, but a man, born of human parents, who was later CHOSEN by the Lord our saviour ‘The Son of Man,’ as his heir and successor.

If Jesus was not born of the flesh as all human beings are, but was born of a virgin without male semen having been introduced into her uterus, then this would have been the greatest of all miracles, and would have been shouted from the roof tops by all four gospel writers and yet we see that Mark and John ignore the physical birth of Jesus as being totally irrelevant to the story of salvation and begin their account of He who was sent in the name of the Lord, with the Baptism of the man Jesus, when he was born of the spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, “You are my son, Today I have begotten thee.”

And Matthew 1: 23' says; "Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through his prophet (Isaiah) etc."

This verse; Luke 3:22; which now reads; “Thou art my beloved son in whom I am pleased,” was also changed by those who want you to believe that Jesus was not born of the flesh by two human parents and Later, on the day of his baptism, born of the spirit of our Lord God and saviour, ‘The Son of MAN’ and the MOST HIGH in the creation, when the spirit of our Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove

In Luke 3: 22; (In place of “Thou art my beloved son in who I am well pleased.”) The following authorities of the second, third, and fourth centuries read, “This day I have begotten thee,” vouched for by Codex D, and the most ancient copies of the old latin (a, b. c. ff.I), by Justin Martyr (AD 140), Clemens Alex, (AD. 190), Methodius (AD. 290), among the Greeks. And among the Latins, Lactaitius (AD 300), Hilary (AD) Juvencus (AD. 330), Faustus (AD. 400) and Augustine. All these oldest manuscripts were changed completely. They now read, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.” Whereas the original variant was, “Thou art my Son. This day I have begotten thee.”

Isaiah 7: 14; Jewish Translation: “Therefore the Lord, of his own, shall give you a sign; behold the Almah (‘YOUNG UNMARRIED WOMAN') is with child, and she shall bear a son and she shall call his name Immanuel.”

Isaiah 7: 14; Erroneous KJV Translation; “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold the ‘Virgin’ shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel.”

“The Greek word parthenos (παρθένος) is ambiguous but the Hebrew term “Almah”[Unmarried Female] is absolute, and is erroneously translated from Isaiah 7: 14, to Greek in Matthew 1:23; as “virgin,” whereas according to Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible, the Hebrew term “Almah,” carries the meaning, (Concealment---unmarried female.)”

In 1973, an ecumenical edition of RSV was approved by both Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, called the common bible. A New English Translation of the Bible, published in 1970 and approved by the council of churches in England, Scotland, Wales, the Irish council of churches, the London Society of Friends, and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches of England, all translate Isaiah 7: 14; “A young Woman is with child, and she will bear a son.”

Also The Good News Bible, Catholic Study Edition, with imprimatur by Archbishop John Whealon reads, Isaiah 7: 14; “A young woman who is pregnant will have a son, etc.”

As these religious bodies all now accept that Isaiah was not referring to a virgin in that famous passage, they must now accept that the authors of the Septuagint and The Gospel of Matthew, who were forced to use the Greek term “Parthenos” in reference to Isaiah’s prophecy, were in no way implying that the pregnant Mary, was still a virgin.

Matthew 1: 22-23; should now read; ‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called Immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)

An ‘almah’ (Unmarried female) can be a virgin, but there is no way this side of heaven that a pregnant ‘almah’ can still be a virgin.

Isaiah 7: 14; Jewish Translation: “Therefore the Lord, of his own, shall give you a sign; behold the Almah ‘IS WITH CHILD,’ and she shall bear a son and she shall call his name Immanuel.”

As those religious organisations now admit that Isaiah was not referring to a virgin, but a pregnant unmarried female, Matthew 1: 23; should now read; "‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah, who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called Immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)

The Lord God our savior who chose the man Jesus as his earthly host body, in who he would reveal himself to man, was with us.

But you are entitled to believe anything the the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, wants you to believe.

TA, you may attribute the canon of scripture to the Roman church of Emperor Constantine. I attribute it to God; for it is God whose power and inspiration ultimately determines which words remain as scripture.

Jesus said, 'scripture cannot be broken'; and l hold this to be true. Even when people attempt to manipulate and alter scripture for their own benefit, God safeguards His word - Revelation 22:18,19.

You say that Mary gave birth to a baby born of a human father. Scripture rejects this idea when it says, 'And (Joseph) knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS'. (Matt.1:25)

Whilst Mary's conception was miraculous, there is nothing to indicate that her pregnancy was abnormal, or the birth in itself.

Once born, Jesus is not said to have had the Spirit of God upon him. He lived righteously under the law for about thirty years. This is important because as the mediator between two covenants he must fulfil both. Therefore, the Holy Spirit, with accompanying power, is withheld until the appointed time of his anointing as Christ.

In John 3:5,6, Jesus says that a person must be born of water and the Spirit. 'That which is born of flesh is flesh; and that which is born of Spirit is spirit'. Is this not also true of Jesus? Yes, of course. He was born the Son of God in flesh through a miraculous conception, but he did not receive the Spirit of God until the day of his baptism.

Last edited:

The Anointed

TA, you may attribute the canon of scripture to the Roman church of Emperor Constantine. I attribute it to God; for it is God whose power and inspiration ultimately determines which words remain as scripture.

Jesus said, 'scripture cannot be broken'; and l hold this to be true. Even when people attempt to manipulate and alter scripture for their own benefit, God safeguards His word - Revelation 22:18,19.

You say that Mary gave birth to a baby born of a human father. Scripture rejects this idea when it says, 'And (Joseph) knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS'. (Matt.1:25)

Whilst Mary's conception was miraculous, there is nothing to indicate that her pregnancy was abnormal, or the birth in itself.

Once born, Jesus is not said to have had the Spirit of God upon him. He lived righteously under the law for about thirty years. This is important because as the mediator between two covenants he must fulfil both. Therefore, the Holy Spirit, with accompanying power, is withheld until the appointed time of his anointing as Christ.

In John 3:5,6, Jesus says that a person must be born of water and the Spirit. 'That which is born of flesh is flesh; and that which is born of Spirit is spirit'. Is this also not true of Jesus? Yes, of course. He was born the Son of God in flesh through a miraculous conception, but he did not receive the Spirit of God until the day of his baptism.

Which Joseph are you referring to? Joseph the son of Alexander Helios/Heli, who is the biological Father of Jesus, and half brother to Mary the daughter of Heli, or Joseph the son of Jacob who discovered that the young girl to whom he was engaged was found to be pregnant after she returned from her three month visit with her pregnant aunty Elizabeth, where many friends and family members had gathered to rejoice with Elizabeth in her old age pregnancy of John the young cousin of Mary, who was to become the Baptist?

The Anointed

Well, surprise, surprise...an anti-JW site.....nose in the trough eh? Did you enjoy the swill?

We have been warning about Armageddon for many decades....that might be quite a while in earth years, but not long at all in universal time. Armageddon was prophesied almost 2,000 years ago. We believe that we are staring down the barrel of that Great War right now.

Events at present may take us there very soon. We do not know exactly how these events will play out, but we are expecting the demise of "Babylon the great" as the beginning of the end. Things will move quickly as they have already this very year. The whole world has been brought to its knees by a virus.....a tiny weapon with a large capacity for fear and a horrible death. One disaster after another with drought, fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, diseases and terrorism......and people will become "faint out of fear" of what is happening as the world spirals out of control. All nation's economies are facing financial collapse and there is nowhere to turn for help. Apparently people are putting their trust in gold as its price soars. But you can't eat gold. It too will become worthless.

Are you ready? It will all happen when God is ready.

And chronologically, 1975 was 6,000 years from Adam's creation. But not 6,000 years from Eve's, which occurred at the conclusion of the 6th "day". The 7th day has not ended yet. There is still much to accomplish.

And you've determined that date from your New World Translation, which is but a copy of the erroneous Hebrew and Roman bibles that erroneously believe that Arpachshad was the father of Shelah, and that the Israelites were in Egypt for 430 years to the day, plus many other errors, and you think that 1975 was 6.000 years from the birth of Adam do you?

I know that the day of the great Tribulation will come, but not according to the false prophet which has been prophesying falsely since way back in the 1920s.

Plus, Eve does not die until 6 days after the death of Adam, who died in the first day at the age of 930, when, at the close of the great seventh day Sabbath, heavenly fire incinerates all physical life form that remain on this planet.

Last edited:

Redemptionsong

Which Joseph are you referring to? Joseph the son of Alexander Helios/Heli, who is the biological Father of Jesus, and half brother to Mary the daughter of Heli, or Joseph the son of Jacob who discovered that the young girl to whom he was engaged was found to be pregnant after she returned from her three month visit with her pregnant aunty Elizabeth, where many friends and family members had gathered to rejoice with Elizabeth in her old age pregnancy of John the young cousin of Mary, who was to become the Baptist?

From my reading of the scriptures, there is no biological father of Jesus, nor, to my understanding, did Mary discover her pregnancy after her visit to Elizabeth. At the time of her visit to Elizabeth, Mary said to her, 'For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name'.(Luke 1:49)

The Anointed

From my reading of the scriptures, there is no biological father of Jesus, nor, to my understanding, did Mary discover her pregnancy after her visit to Elizabeth. At the time of her visit to Elizabeth, Mary said to her, 'For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name'.(Luke 1:49)

Well she definitely was not pregnant when the messenger told her that she would in the future become pregnant and bear a son who would be made King as his ancestor David was, then revealed to her that her aged aunty in the land of Benjamin was pregnant, to where Mary then went to visit and it was not until after the visit that Joseph the son of Jacob, discovered that she was pregnant.

Luke tells us that Jesus was the son of Joseph the son of Heli, and Matthew reveals that the birth of Jesus happened to make come true what the Lord had said through his prophet (Isaiah) and what Isaiah said, was; "An unmarried woman who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called Emmanuel, which means 'God is with us,' which is the main point of the prophecy, for the Lord God our saviour, was with us and revealed himself through his earthly host body, the man Jesus, who he filled with his spirit, and who he commanded what to say and through who he worked his miracles.

Believe as you will my friend, I just hate to see a gullible person being sucked in by deliberate lies.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Plus, Eve does not die until 6 days after the death of Adam, who died in the first day at the age of 930, when, at the close of the great seventh day Sabbath, heavenly fire incinerates all physical life form that remain on this planet.

You know, its statements like this that completely destroy your credibility as any kind of Bible instructor.
Where on earth do you get this stuff? It is your sources that I believe have misled you.

What makes you think that Jesus was not who scripture says he is....? The "son of God"....not the biological son of Joseph. If you insist on spouting this nonsense, you betray a complete lack of knowledge of the "ransom" and how Christ became our "redeemer".

In what sense did Christ "redeem" mankind? Please tell us. How is his life "a ransom for many"? (Matthew 20:28; 1 Timothy 2:5-6)

The Anointed

You know, its statements like this that completely destroy your credibility as any kind of Bible instructor.
Where on earth do you get this stuff? It is your sources that I believe have misled you.

What makes you think that Jesus was not who scripture says he is....? The "son of God"....not the biological son of Joseph. If you insist on spouting this nonsense, you betray a complete lack of knowledge of the "ransom" and how Christ became our "redeemer".

In what sense did Christ "redeem" mankind? Please tell us. How is his life "a ransom for many"? (Matthew 20:28; 1 Timothy 2:5-6)

Of course Jesus is the son of the God of Abraham. Isaac, and Jacob, our saviour, whose spirit descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove on the day he was baptised, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my Son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee.

As you can see, my source is the Holy Scriptures, which state in Acts 3: 13; 'The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, etc.

The God that said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; ----“I will send them a prophet just like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to MY WORDS which he will speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish.”

Peter reveals who that prophet was, when in Acts 3: 12; in reference to the man Jesus, Peter says; “For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will send you a prophet just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc.”

Did the people of his day believe that the man Jesus was some God, who had been born of a virgin? Of course not, the Jews who lived in the day of Jesus, knew that God had said to Moses that he would choose a man from among the Israelites and send him to speak in his name, and Peter in Acts 3: 22; verified that man to be Jesus the son of Mary, Plus the people of his day knew that he was the man that God had chosen from among the Israelites and sent to speak in his name, when on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, they cried out: “BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

Again, as you can see, my source is the Holy Scriptures and not your source, which is the false teachings of the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine.

When the man Jesus gave up his spirit on the cross, crying out My God, my God, why have you abandoned me, as the one who was taken to heaven and anointed as the successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, and who had been translated in order that he should never die, which he hasn't, but on that day, he ceased to be an individual entity, by releasing all the righteous spirits which had been gathered to him, the chosen cornerstone to the new temple of God, that is to replace his old earthly tabernacle/tent, which is the body of mankind, wherein, the innermost sanctuary, within the holy of holies, behind the veil of the flesh, dwells our evolving parental spirit, who is actually the forming fetal son of man.

At the moment of the spirit of our Lord God and savior departing his chosen heir and successor on the cross, the graves of those righteous saints that had been gathered to the Anointed one, were opened and three days later they entered the holy city and revealed themselves to be the risen body of the Anointed one.

What is the name of your God in English? Come on mate, say it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Of course Jesus is the son of the God of Abraham. Isaac, and Jacob, our saviour, whose spirit descended upon Jesus in the form of a dove on the day he was baptised, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my Son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee.

He was "the son of God" long before he came to the earth as a human. Where did you get the idea that he wasn't. He is the "only begotten" son of God which means that he is God's "firstborn".....his Father is his 'begetter'. He is not the only son of God however, the pre-human Jesus was instrumental in the creation of other sons, as Colossians 1:15-17 confirms.

The day of Christ's baptism is the day he began his role as Messiah and the spirit of God was imparted to him in order to carry out his mission. He was a human being begotten by God's spirit for a specific role.....he was the first human begotten in this way.....but he wasn't to be the last.

As you can see, my source is the Holy Scriptures, which state in Acts 3: 13; 'The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, etc.

Its not the scriptures that are in error but your interpretation of them IMO.

The God that said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; ----“I will send them a prophet just like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to MY WORDS which he will speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish.”
Yes Jesus was a prophet like Moses but that in no way detracted from the fact that his former life was in heaven before the creation of all things. He as the "Logos" was God's spokesman all through the history of God's interaction with his human servants.

Did the people of his day believe that the man Jesus was some God, who had been born of a virgin? Of course not, the Jews who lived in the day of Jesus, knew that God had said to Moses that he would choose a man from among the Israelites and send him to speak in his name, and Peter in Acts 3: 22; verified that man to be Jesus the son of Mary, Plus the people of his day knew that he was the man that God had chosen from among the Israelites and sent to speak in his name, when on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, they cried out: “BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

And yet within a week, they were clamoring for his death. (Matthew 27:24-26)

What did Jesus say?

Matthew 23:37-39...
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38 Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39 For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’(NASB)

Were they really convinced that Jesus was this one? Their actions spoke as loudly as their words. As a nation God cast them off as serial covenant breakers.....in the 2000 years since Jesus walked the earth, have the Jews as a nation said those words and meant them? Individuals have, but not the nation who spawned the Messiah and then had him executed, just as they had done all through their history.

Again, as you can see, my source is the Holy Scriptures and not your source, which is the false teachings of the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine.

You leave God out of this altogether. Whose word is it?....God's or an apostate church?
God can use whomever he wants to write compile and disseminate his word. You think the church was going to interfere with that? If you do, then you do not know the power of God at all.

When the man Jesus gave up his spirit on the cross, crying out My God, my God, why have you abandoned me, as the one who was taken to heaven and anointed as the successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation, and who had been translated in order that he should never die, which he hasn't, but on that day, he ceased to be an individual entity, by releasing all the righteous spirits which had been gathered to him, the chosen cornerstone to the new temple of God, that is to replace his old earthly tabernacle/tent, which is the body of mankind, wherein, the innermost sanctuary, within the holy of holies, behind the veil of the flesh, dwells our evolving parental spirit, who is actually the forming fetal son of man.

OMG...there is so much wrong with that statement.....I don't know where to start!
Since when does the eternal God need a successor? Jesus returned to his post with the "glory that he had alongside" the Father before his earthly mission. (John 17:5)

The grand spiritual temple in heaven, of which the earthly temple was a shadow and type, is the place where Christ appeared before his Father to present the value of his sacrifice, on his return to heaven. The curtain in the Temple that was rent in two when Jesus died was representative of his flesh, which was the barrier that prevented his return to heaven. He was raised as a spirit, that form he had before he came to earth and the removal of the barrier opened the way for others to follow...those who would join Christ in his Kingdom to rule over redeemed mankind and bring them back to God.

At the moment of the spirit of our Lord God and savior departing his chosen heir and successor on the cross, the graves of those righteous saints that had been gathered to the Anointed one, were opened and three days later they entered the holy city and revealed themselves to be the risen body of the Anointed one.

No one else ever mentioned this event....so it is more likely that the earthquake revealed the bodies of the dead in the graveyard ,because this was not a resurrection. Jesus was in his tomb for three days and he was to be "firstborn from the dead".....your ideas do not mesh with the Bible at all. This would make their resurrection before Jesus'.

Last edited:

The Anointed

The Anointed said: At the moment of the spirit of our Lord God and savior departing his chosen heir and successor on the cross, the graves of those righteous saints that had been gathered to the Anointed one, were opened and three days later they entered the holy city and revealed themselves to be the risen body of the Anointed one.

The JW wrote.......No one else ever mentioned this event....so it is more likely that the earthquake revealed the bodies of the dead in the graveyard ,because this was not a resurrection. Jesus was in his tomb for three days and he was to be "firstborn from the dead".....your ideas do not mesh with the Bible at all. This would make their resurrection before Jesus'.

Matthew 27:51-53 And look! the curtain of the sanctuary was torn in two, from top to bottom, and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split. And the memorial tombs were opened and many bodies of the Saints that had fallen asleep were raised up. And coming out of the tombs AFTER the resurrection (Three days later) they went into the city and appeared to many. It was after Jesus, the earthly Temple that was filled with the spirit of our Lord God and savior, who was the first born from the dead, had been raised in the early evening as the sun had set on Saturday, three days and three nights after he had been buried in the bowels of the earth as the sun was setting on on Wednesday, that the risen saints appeared to the women at the empty tomb in the darkness of Sunday morning, 12 hours after Jesus had been resurrected, then to Cleophas the husband of Mary, and Simon of the house of Mary, as they walked to Emmaus, and the seven disciples on the shore of Lake Galilee, with whom they ate, and yet not one of them who had walked and talked with Jesus dared to ask who he was, but they understood he was the Christ.

Show everyone how your ridiculous belief of that event, meshes with the scriptures. And was it an earthquake that caused the mountains to quake at the death of Jesus?

The longest natural eclipse of the sun, lasts for about seven minutes, and yet we see that an incoming heavenly body remained between the sun and Jerusalem for 3 Hours, Darkening the holy city from 12 noon to 3pm, when Jesus died and the curtain in the temple was torn from top to bottom. What do you believe was the cause of that event?