• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The logos is common but everyone seems to have there own private understanding" .

David T

Premium Member
Heraclitus made this statement about 2600 years ago. One would assume that all monotheistic types were heraclitean that's clearly not the case by 99%.
1. How do you understand that term?
2. Why is that quote so obscure?
3.whom had a quote from the same era in opposition to heraclitus.?,Hint a very famous math figure in history.
4 why is the mathematicians understanding so dominate in context to the contemporary understanding of logos?.

BTW how do I change the title. It should say own private understanding.

Last edited:

Tmac

Heraclitus made this statement about 2600 years ago. One would assume that all monotheistic types were heraclitean that's clearly not the case by 99%.
3.whom had a quote from the same era in opposition to heraclitus.?,Hint a very famous math figure in history.
4 why is the mathematicians understanding so dominate in context to the contemporary understanding of logos?.

To me, in its simplest terms, it illustrates that one of anything can and will be seen from an infinite number of views/ways. I see this idea/phenomenon incorporated in the fabric of life.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Ask one of the Mods to change the title. The only way I know of.

BTW have you looked into Hermes Trismegistus?

The Divine Pymander of Hermes: Revelation of the Above and the Below - AlchemyLab.com

In the Heart of the Supreme Mind: Thoth Hermes Trismegistus

I had an old Greek explain to me that the Logos was like the blue print/plan. The structure that gives form to the universe.

David T

Premium Member
To me, in its simplest terms, it illustrates that one of anything can and will be seen from an infinite number of views/ways. I see this idea/phenomenon incorporated in the fabric of life.
it's repeated by spina without spinoza being Aware of it. Many are aware of spina but not the connection to heraclitus. So yea I would say how you have worded it is accurate but then that is not common if true.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I would say your old Greek aligns with pythagoras.

If the Logos is the "structure of the universe" then it is the reality that we have in common.

However the reality we perceive is a private one created by the subconscious mind. We don't really perceive reality, we perceive an interpretation of reality created by the subconscious mind.

David T

Premium Member
it's repeated by spina without spinoza being Aware of it. Many are aware of spina but not the connection to heraclitus. So yea I would say how you have worded it is accurate but then that is not common if true.
I But I don't think I can do that to you as a matter of
If the Logos is the "structure of the universe" then it is the reality that we have in common.

However the reality we perceive is a private one created by the subconscious mind. We don't really perceive reality, we perceive an interpretation of reality created by the subconscious mind.
Yes. We can experience reality it's all that sub conscious stuff that tends to give very interesting narratives as to the experience. You can see that in comments about dmt. But heck I see that in comments ts about nature conscious, cosmology , physical, history and on and on. In a sense post modern is. Has that sort of right.

David T

Premium Member

Wanted to add I like the name nakosis! Says alot...