• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lincoln Project -- Just a Wee Taste

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The Lincoln Project is a group of former Republicans, repulsed by where the party has gone. Just a short video.

But for real amusement, watch from 0:43 for just a few seconds. As an older male (familiar with the subject matter, and of that time), hysterically funny. That people can be SO stupid is quite astounding really.

Viker

Häxan
I originally registered as a Republican, circa 1988, but left (circa 1990s) due to oncoming traffic of guano style malarkey I saw raging towards me. This is why.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Lincoln Project is a group of former Republicans, repulsed by where the party has gone. Just a short video.

But for real amusement, watch from 0:43 for just a few seconds. As an older male (familiar with the subject matter, and of that time), hysterically funny. That people can be SO stupid is quite astounding really.

I've seen a number of Lincoln Project videos, although I had not seen this one yet. Yes, the guy at 0:43 was hilarious. I didn't realize that male genitalia had shrunk since the 1960s. Is that from some sort of study? Or where is he getting this? Maybe it just shrinks as we get older.

It's par for the course; these types have been around forever. It seems strange that they appear to be more numerous or getting a larger following. I wouldn't have expected that, although I guess it isn't really that surprising when you think about it.

Clizby Wampuscat

No, it doesn't. Thinking, and the willingness to use it to inform yourself, is quite different from a willingness to accept whatever you are told during your indoctrination into whatever.
So in your view no conservative has ever come to their conclusions on their own. You are not indoctrinated but everyone that disagrees with you have been indoctrinated. Uh huh.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well, of course -- once you are fully indoctrinated and brainwashed, anything that doesn't conform couldn't possibly be of interest.
Mirrors help too. There you will see the effects of fully indoctrinated and brainwashed people who in turn view others as fully indoctrinated and brainwashed people.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In India, Modi's party needs a correction (I am a staunch Modi supporter but not unaware of what is wrong, particularly about beef).
Vegetarianism should be a choice and not a compulsion.

RestlessSoul

No, it doesn't. Thinking, and the willingness to use it to inform yourself, is quite different from a willingness to accept whatever you are told during your indoctrination into whatever.

Almost everyone believes that their own opinions are arrived at through experience, knowledge, and rigorous thinking. Very few are aware of quite how many unquestioned assumptions, premises and prejudices their own reasoning must inevitably be based on.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Almost everyone believes that their own opinions are arrived at through experience, knowledge, and rigorous thinking. Very few are aware of quite how many unquestioned assumptions, premises and prejudices their own reasoning must inevitably be based on.

Yeah, it is funny in regards to special pleading as this: Special pleading is an informal fallacy wherein one cites something as an exception to a general or universal principle, without justifying the special exception.

All other humans are in part a product of local variation of nature and nurture. I am not. :D