• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Limits of Religion

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems to this one that "religion" (being the incredibly broad thing it is) has no limits aside from those a particular human or culture chooses to impose upon it. Put another way, limits come through the creation of traditions. But I suppose that is true of all human endeavors. I can't think of anything that is a specific limitation of "religion" that is not a limitation of humans just in general. One needs to start discussing a specific tradition to do otherwise. :shrug:

arthra

Baha'i
I have heard people often refer to the limits of science. So that got me wondering: What are the limits of religion?
*Please do not ask me to define religion; I have confidence in your ability to share your own views.

Baha'is have a saying that is well known among us:

"religion without science leads to superstition and that science without religion leads to materialism. ..."

also:

"All religions of the present day have fallen into superstitious practices, out of harmony alike with the true principles of the teaching they represent and with the scientific discoveries of the time."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 142

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I have heard people often refer to the limits of science. So that got me wondering: What are the limits of religion?

*Please do not ask me to define religion; I have confidence in your ability to share your own views.

the 8th octave that transcends space/time; which is the lemniscate, the torq, the ouroboros, the wheel of dharma, or the gnostic cross, et al

Rev 8:1
8 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven(space) for about half an hour(time).

the 7 are a version of the 8th, like the colors of the rainbow are but aspects of the electromagnetic spectrum.

the gravity of love, like spooky action at a distance.

This is one of the Bahá'í Faith's definitions of religion which I think is how it should be.

“Religion should unite all hearts and cause wars and disputes to vanish from the face of the earth, give birth to spirituality, and bring life and light to each heart. If religion becomes a cause of dislike, hatred and division, it were better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious act."

Any religion which is not a cause of love and unity is no religion.

Excerpt From: Bahá, Abdu’l. “Paris Talks.”
That is typical of all religions - a lot of blah blah blah about ideals but when it comes down to reality you are dealing with the same selfish people that worship in any religion. How I know? I was married to a Bahai lady from Iran, she and her sisters robbed me blind and left me to die and after all that love and peace crap they had been talking about. Luckily I survived but with a reinforced view of how religion in whatever form is generally a coverup for all kinds of evil.