• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The life of a nomad or comfortable death?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So I forgot to bring deodorant on my retreat. I showered and everything and still smell my pits. Now just imagine no warm water and no running water period. Could you imagine how you and everybody would smell?

No shampoo so your hair is always greasy. No laundry detergent or washing machine. Skin is always grimy and oily.

You're sleeping on the ground with no blankets wearing animal skins. Sometimes you have a river to dip in, sometimes not, and the water it's cold and doesn't get you very clean anyway. No towel to dry yourself off with afterwards. Then you get back into your dirty or wet clothes.

No toothbrush or toothpaste or dental flos.

If you break a leg you're ****ed.

You hunt dangerous animals with a bow and arrow or spear. Afterwards you carry a bloody heavy carcass for possibly miles. No refrigerator so the food goes bad very quickly.

You poop on the ground and you have no toilet paper.

What else?

Mosquitoes are biting you constantly.

No tampons.

In view of all this, would you want to live like that or be comfortably euthanized?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So I forgot to bring deodorant on my retreat. I showered and everything and still smell my pits. Now just imagine no warm water and no running water period. Could you imagine how you and everybody would smell?

No shampoo so your hair is always greasy. No laundry detergent or washing machine. Skin is always grimy and oily.

You're sleeping on the ground with no blankets wearing animal skins. Sometimes you have a river to dip in, sometimes not, and the water it's cold and doesn't get you very clean anyway. No towel to dry yourself off with afterwards. Then you get back into your dirty or wet clothes.

No toothbrush or toothpaste or dental flos.

If you break a leg you're ****ed.

You hunt dangerous animals with a bow and arrow or spear. Afterwards you carry a bloody heavy carcass for possibly miles. No refrigerator so the food goes bad very quickly.

You poop on the ground and you have no toilet paper.

What else?

Mosquitoes are biting you constantly.

No tampons.

In view of all this, would you want to live like that or be comfortably euthanized?

Native Americans did all right. Wouldn't want to rough it as a pilgrim though. They were dumb as a rock in the wild.