• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Liars Among Us are Our Thieves, Our Rapists, Our Murderers...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How would hatred fit in when akin to murder?

Ever hear of a pogrom? Check out how lies were employed to gin up fear, hatred, and anger in a crowd of people and then fling that crowd as a murderous mob into attacking an innocent people's neighborhood. Tell me what you fine, if you will.

Just curious, but it sounds like you've never heard of a lynching? Is that actually true?

Ever hear of a pogrom? Check out how lies were employed to gin up fear, hatred, and anger in a crowd of people and then fling that crowd as a murderous mob into attacking an innocent people's neighborhood. Tell me what you fine, if you will.

Just curious, but it sounds like you've never heard of a lynching? Is that actually true?

Hello Sunstone,

I believe the question I asked is relevant. If hatred alone stands as murder. We see how Hitler turned people to hate Jews and even disabled people put to death.
How would hatred fit in when akin to murder? So I do not feel that lynching is the only outcome of pogrom.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hello Sunstone,

I believe the question I asked is relevant. If hatred alone stands as murder. We see how Hitler turned people to hate Jews and even disabled people put to death.
How would hatred fit in when akin to murder? So I do not feel that lynching is the only outcome of pogrom.

I've said nothing at all about hatred being equivalent to murder. That's a true 'false equivalence' in the srtict sense of 'logic'.

I have a personal request: If anyone makes harsh sport of you for ever committing any logical fallacy at all, then please: in your most worshipful and reverent words ask whoever is making fun of you, for their Divine permission to tell all your friends that Jesus has called you to go among the people and proclaim that the Second Coming has arrive. For either that was Jesus himself who spoke to you, or it was just one more nutcase running around clueless that he or she is human, and that he or she makes the same universally human mistakes when trying to think, as everyone does. Only they themselves must be blind to their own.
Shaming someone for making an error of any kind of reasoning is out of touch with self-awareness for anyone who is not actually being intentionally malicious. Excepting however you wish to make of it's done in defense of yourself or in defense of someone else, such as in an insult skirmish anywhere on the net.

Messing up thinking about anything honestly is a build-in psychological 'illness', common to everyone. The label for all of the built-in ways that humans can jump off their tracks is "cognitive biases". They're just like a group of different fun house mirrors for looking at things with.

If you are sharp enough to think about some reality, using several different ways, methods, or approaches to that same reality, then you're doing good by human standards. At least, good.

You have just taken a circular walk around Michelangelo's statue of David, and you have not ended up by so losing your sense of direction, that you need to help to get outside the building in order be driving to the nearest cafe for a serious two part therapy of liquid reorientation.

Part one: Get Drunk. Part Two: Sleep it off, hoping to be rebooted as you wake up the next morning.

Thinking I'm exaggerating? Then I suggest reading the day's political news. Any country with privately own media outlets will do if you can find one in your favorite language.

Me, my current favorite language for American news are the Hong Kong websites in Chinese. I don't understand Chinese. In this context, that's an idle fact.

My take on it is that lying can be used to motivate people to do things. That kind of lying can gin up hatreds. Those powerful motivations are so easily used to motivate someone or some group to do something immoral or criminal.

Again, I do not think of hatred as the equivalent of murder.

I've said nothing at all about hatred being equivalent to murder. That's a true 'false equivalence' in the srtict sense of 'logic'.

I have a personal request: If anyone makes harsh sport of you for ever committing any logical fallacy at all, then please: in your most worshipful and reverent words ask whoever is making fun of you, for their Divine permission to tell all your friends that Jesus has called you to go among the people and proclaim that the Second Coming has arrive. For either that was Jesus himself who spoke to you, or it was just one more nutcase running around clueless that he or she is human, and that he or she makes the same universally human mistakes when trying to think, as everyone does. Only they themselves must be blind to their own.​

God like his son would never send the blind to lead the blind. It isn't about the second coming but being prepared
for the return of Christ. God has not called me to seek permission from man but maybe to bring the last over in the last times for everyone is now living in their last days.

Shaming someone for making an error of any kind of reasoning is out of touch with self-awareness for anyone who is not actually being intentionally malicious. Excepting however you wish to make of it's done in defense of yourself or in defense of someone else, such as in an insult skirmish anywhere on the net.

Only truth is the way forward. For in truth is the true purpose of mankind and his behavior are set before the eyes of the World. If the truth points out our own wrongs in fact everybody's wrong how does that in turn become anything personal just the defense of truth?

Messing up thinking about anything honestly is a build-in psychological 'illness', common to everyone. The label for all of the built-in ways that humans can jump off their tracks is "cognitive biases". They're just like a group of different fun house mirrors for looking at things with.

You mention Christ above and none of that which you speak can refer to your way of thinking. Could it be your way of thinking is adopted from the understanding of another but not Christ?
If you are sharp enough to think about some reality, using several different ways, methods, or approaches to that same reality, then you're doing good by human standards. At least, good.
What is good? What is good by human standards? By what do you measure it?

You have just taken a circular walk around Michelangelo's statue of David, and you have not ended up by so losing your sense of direction, that you need to help to get outside the building in order be driving to the nearest cafe for a serious two part therapy of liquid reorientation.

Part one: Get Drunk. Part Two: Sleep it off, hoping to be rebooted as you wake up the next morning.

Thinking I'm exaggerating? Then I suggest reading the day's political news. Any country with privately own media outlets will do if you can find one in your favorite language.

Me, my current favorite language for American news are the Hong Kong websites in Chinese. I don't understand Chinese. In this context, that's an idle fact.

Truth does not require stories and it resembles nothing to worlds way of looking a mankind wherever they maybe.

My take on it is that lying can be used to motivate people to do things. That kind of lying can gin up hatreds. Those powerful motivations are so easily used to motivate someone or some group to do something immoral or criminal.

Again, I do not think of hatred as the equivalent of murder.

Like how you state 'My take on' but how does your take resemble that which is good and that which is just your personal opinion?