• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The LGBT+ movement

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It depends on what you mean by aligned. If a group, for example, support anti-discrimination measures for transgender people and did it in a way that you approve of, why not support them?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I have been a part of LGBT+ communities and they allow a safe place and acceptance. But also at times, some of them kind of stealth proselytize some views which take away from traditional values and the family unit. I also have to be careful in stating this because I'm also a member of some LGBT+ communities which really don't cause me any discomfort.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is it counterproductive to be LGBT+ but not aligned with the LGBT+ movement(s)?

No. How I see it is. The LGBT movement wants equal rights, no indoctrination, rights to marry, proper sexual education, respect for gender identity and sexuality, and so forth.

So, if LGBT doesn't align with the activism of the movement, in that way I see it counterproductive. If they mean the "method" in which they want these things, the no. We can help others without being part of the physical movement but in general, yes. I'd say it is counterproductive by example and by lack of interest

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think Unveiled Artist hit the nail on the head and answered my question. If I read her post correctly.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No. How I see it is. The LGBT movement wants equal rights, no indoctrination, rights to marry, proper sexual education, respect for gender identity and sexuality, and so forth.
Well said.

We all just want to be able to be ourselves

All have the right of "Freedom of their Feelings" (as long as not actively hurting anyone).

I did not say "Freedom to attack other's Feelings".

Also here the old habit "my way is the highway for all" need to be dropped,

PureX

Veteran Member
Probably. Is it counterproductive to be black or female and not align oneself with the ideal of equal rights, or the 'movement' that seeks it? Probably. I guess the question would be why would one not be align themselves with a movement that seeks their benefit?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
We have LGBTQ Gods and Goddesses
They are great. They switch easily from male to female (including the organs).

Humans make such a fuss about it. God does not as far as I have seen. I think nobody can claim God visited him and told him "gay is bad ... go pray the gay away".

God is defined as omniscient and omnipresent. If God really has gay issues, and being omnipotent, would He not voice it to us humans? Not just tell, but follow up on it.

Even better proof that God has no gay issues. He allegedly created the world with a thought or word. If He really has gay issues, He really knows how to control his judgment. Because 1 angry judgmental thought or word of God and all gay would turn into ashes or whatever. I never saw that happen.

So it seems fair to say IMO, that God has no gay issues. That's only in human mind. Which is unreal anyway.

And if God has gay issues (judging gay) I will be the first to let Him know that He messed up His Creation. And tell Him the Master tells us not to judge, so He better show us by example (deeds speak better than words).

So in short: This proves to me that no such "gay bashing" God exists.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
WHICH ALSO MEANS THAT ALL THOSE WHO ADVOCATE ANTI-GAY RULES
DID \ DO NOT HAVE SUCH MESSAGE FROM ANY GOD OR ALLAH
AND WERE \ ARE PROPAGATING FALSEHOOD.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

Counterproductive to what? Potentially counterproductive to those movements I guess, though I doubt one random individual not supporting them isn’t going to have a noticeable difference either way. The fact you have to say movement(s) is relevant of course – I doubt you could support all such movements because some of them will contradict each other (if only in some details).

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How I see it is. The LGBT movement wants equal rights, no indoctrination, rights to marry, proper sexual education, respect for gender identity and sexuality, and so forth.
This.
You don't have to join groups to support those things.
Generally, I avoid groups of queer folks. I find them annoying, overall. But that doesn't mean I don't support these goals.
Tom

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't need your flags.

Don't need your parades.

Don't need your rainbow laces.

Don't need your little badges.

Don't need your clubs and bars.

Just need to be left alone.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Being part of the LGBT+ community.
Im curious what you mean. Of course I support the community, but I don't march, I dont go to parades or pride events, support groups aren't my thing, and stealth is my ideal because I just want to live (RF being pretty much the only place I'm very open about that and other things like my mental health). And to some point do not personally approve of some trends I've noticed in the community, such as going passive-aggressive loco if you accidentally misgender someone, generalized negativity towards bisexuals and bigender or gender nonconforming, or crying when someone doesn't appreciate overly sexualized public displays.