• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Some people have requested clarification.

The LRP should not be under-estimated or considered a simple "banishing ritual"

It contains the most profound and important aspects of mystic and magick practise, and if you only ever to one ritual this is it.

Firstly it can be considered an act of spirital cleansing to maintain a form of magick hygiene. This is its most basic use.

Secondarly its about a daily act of balancing the elements within oneself.
Those of you who are qabalalistically aware - the LRP is said to be conducted on the intersection of the paths of Samehk and Pah. But in simple terms - the cross of the 4 elements.

The practioner faces toward Tiphareth or the Sun - Perfection/Ultimate attainment.
So the LRP is a ritual to recognise this goal and aspiration and to attain a balanced position between the four elements.

After the intro of the Qabalistic Cross the magician draws pentagrams in each quarter and in doing so invokes/evokes 4 key principles, both of which are the lesser and greater dualities of existance.

YHVH - The Tetgrammaton. The Sum total of Existance. (Macrocosm)
ADNI - The Angel (Microcosm)
EHIH - I am that I am - The Sum total of Possibility (Macrocosm)
AGLA - The point of conscious (MIcrocosm)

Then the 4 elemental Archangles are called. These are to acknowlegde the 4 aspects of nature that permeate the Macro and Micro.

Finally the magician declares himself as the synthesis of it all - For about me flames the Pentagram (I.e. I am the pentagram = 4 the four elements in harmony with the spirit of consciousness) and with in the colomn shines the 6 rayed star - the Union of the Macro and Micro into the magician.

Its a ritual toward Godhead, its yogic, powerful and the purest expression of magical will.

hope that helps

Covellite

Helpful as previous posts :) Thanks
Should LBP be performed in astral plane mostly, if one can?
Could some places (coutries) be an obstacle to have success in rituals?

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Helpful as previous posts :) Thanks
Should LBP be performed in astral plane mostly, if one can?
Could some places (coutries) be an obstacle to have success in rituals?

RE Astral plane - yes and no.
Yes it is physically performed.... but a lot of the visualisations are performed in the astral.
In terms of Vibrations, Crowley instructs: It is a sign of success, though only by the student himself is it perceived, when he hears the name of the God vehemently roared forth, as if by the concourse of ten thousand thunders; and it should appear to him as if that Great Voice proceeded from the Universe, and not from himself.
The vibration occurs thus in the astral plane.

LRP can be performed in silence, and yes eventually can be completely perfored in the astral. But it takes physical practise to fully embed it in the psyche for this to be possible.

Nowhere is an obstacle to success in these rituals, certainly not geographically - a toilet cubicle can suffice - though I do not recommend doing them whilst driving :p (done it once, nearly crashed my car!!)

Covellite

Performe LBP and drive :) Must be urgent situation ;)
IMPO some places are better then others. But, I will take your words for granted.
My routine is two or tree times a day, sometimes GBP, too, which I like most.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Can I ask - where did you learn the ritual from? Which book?

As ask because careful reading of the original instruction from Liber O reads:

3. The Vibration of God-names. As a further means of identifying the human consciousness with that pure portion of it which man calls by the name of some God, let him act thus:

4. ("a") Stand with arms outstretched. ("See" illustration.)
("b") Breathe in deeply through the nostrils, imagining the name of the God desired entering with the breath.
("c") Let that name descend slowly from the lungs to the heart, the solar plexus, the navel, the generative organs, and so to the feet. {17}
("d") The moment that it appears to touch the feet, quickly advance the left foot about 12 inches, throw forward the body, and let the hands (drawn back to the side of the eyes) shoot out, so that you are standing in the typical position of the God Horus, and at the same time imagine the Name as rushing up and through the body, while you breathe it out through the nostrils with the air which has been till then retained in the lungs. All this must be done with all the force of which you are capable.

I spent year audibly vibrating the god names until I ran a workshop on the LRP for my local body. I read and re-read and it dawned on me - Vibration DOES happen astrally... and the exhalation through the nostrils (not from the voice box) is almost pranayamaic, and the ritual becomes much more of a yogic exercise.
It totally changed my practise.

Many modern books on ceremonial magick have missed this point.

Covellite

M. gave me instructions and we used to practice together. Also, Greater Pentagram (Enochian), "small" hexagram and hexagrams of the Sephiroths and the Paths of the Tree of Life, some rituals (like Liber Samekh (with Enochian parts)), etc.
Even so, it seems I don't pay much attention "b", "c" and "d" part.
Thank you very very much!

Covellite

Vibration DOES happen astrally... and the exhalation through the nostrils (not from the voice box) is almost pranayamaic, and the ritual becomes much more of a yogic exercise.
That's why I really love rituals, movements, vibrations, visualization, invocation/evocation, breathing, astral projection, all together is happening at the same time. I really hear "astral sound" and some times I can see everything around me even my eyes are closed.

Covellite

Unless you hear the vibration from someone who is really "qualified" IMO it's almost impossible to do it correctly.
For example EXARP... , it sounds completely different then it's written.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
Unless you hear the vibration from someone who is really "qualified" IMO it's almost impossible to do it correctly.
For example EXARP... , it sounds completely different then it's written.

though in theory the vibratons shouldnt be audible to others if the technique is used as per Liber O...