• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Left now says there's no such thing as a "woman"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No I'm a reclusive, eccentric billionaire. I bury my money in mason jars. Or I will as soon as it appears.
Yeah, see, transgender people have to live full time as their identified sex before surgery, and surgery is often required before any documents can be changed.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a big problem when someone describes the opposition
without actually quoting the opposition. It just might possibly
could be an extreme less than accurate version. The risk
of it being a straw man looms. I sense that in the video.

Yeah, true. But it's waaaaaaay harder demonizing folks whilst accurately quoting them, particularly in context.

You're going to struggle with modern concepts of internet discussion based on this idea of 'accuracy' and 'fairness' mate. Sorry to break it to you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But has he the actual dedication to live as a full
time eccentric billionaire? It's not enuf to just want it.
Don't dream it.
Be it.
Use to be some therapist made you get a job working with other people and actually get out there if you're a social shut in. Used to be some of them made you quit your job to get a more traditionally female job.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It seems that you've not taken steps to transition.
That's essential.
No, no, I just identify as one, that makes it real, duh!
As if dressing the part is going to change my financial status or driving a fancy car?
Well guess what wearing a bra won't make me a woman either!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As if dressing the part is going to change my financial status or driving a fancy car?
With hormone treatment, at least it would fit you.
Do you know what a diesel fitter is?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
But I still would just be a male with breasts.
Since you see, feel, know yourself as male, yes that's quite true.

If your brain were otherwise wired (as some are), you might in fact see yourself more as being on the road to becoming authentic.

But of course, you can't see that. And you will waste not a pica-watt of mental energy trying to empathize.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

The current medical consensus is that gender is an identity dictated by social norms without a scientific or objective basis:

Gender refers to the characteristics of women, men, girls and boys that are socially constructed. This includes norms, behaviours and roles associated with being a woman, man, girl or boy, as well as relationships with each other. As a social construct, gender varies from society to society and can change over time.

Furthermore:

Harmful gender norms – especially those related to rigid notions of masculinity – can also affect boys and men’s health and wellbeing negatively. For example, specific notions of masculinity may encourage boys and men to smoke, take sexual and other health risks, misuse alcohol and not seek help or health care. Such gender norms also contribute to boys and men perpetrating violence – as well as being subjected to violence themselves. They can also have grave implications for their mental health.

Rigid gender norms also negatively affect people with diverse gender identities, who often face violence, stigma and discrimination as a result, including in healthcare settings. Consequently, they are at higher risk of HIV and mental health problems, including suicide.

Gender and health

So no, believing you're a billionaire without having billions or driving a fancy car isn't remotely comparable. The validity of transgendered and non-binary gender identities is corroborated by decades of medical research; your example isn't.