• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Left now says there's no such thing as a "woman"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd be careful with such claims. While transgender people's brain anatomy does seem to be, on average, different then that of cisgender people of the sex they were assigned at birth, the average measurements of transgender people also differs from the average measurements of the cisgender people they identify as. Plus, there is a far from insignificant (around 20%) of cisgender women that have a brain morphology very similar to that of the average of cisgender men. Small samples also play a role and more research need to be done on the subject.

The Neuroanatomy of Transgender Identity: Mega-Analytic Findings From the ENIGMA Transgender Persons Working Group - ScienceDirect
I didn't claim identical exactly like.
I'd be more careful with interpreting people's wording.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
And i who believed atheists thought real science was so important.. Apparently not..

epronovost

And i who believed atheists thought science was so important.. Apparently not..

Apparently you neither read scientific studies on the subject of transgender people. Nor do you seem to have a strong grasp of the concept of gender vs that sexual organs as it pertain to human social and psychological identities. You need to read more anthropology, psychology and sociology too. Don't hide your ignorance behind an authority that you don't understand nor are interested in the insights.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Regardless of whether or not you believe someone is legitimately male or female, at the end of the day it's their life and their body. Unless you're someone who abhors freedom, why get obsessively hung up about it?

As for the thread title, that's a pretty damn broad brush, and a clear indication that the OP wasn't worth taking seriously.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ever hear of AIS (Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome)?
Seems that @Meandflower deleted her post after you quoted it.

Shame, since I'd like to understand how she thinks that an understanding of gender that she claims has been around for "thousands of years" hinges on X and Y chromosomes, which were only discovered in (checks Google) 1890 and 1905, respectively.

Yerda

Veteran Member
So finally, we get to see "the left", and he has a beard and glasses! But not one of those silly, tiny, pony tails. (I was expecting one of those pony tails.)
This made me properly chuckle. Thanks.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Far left is crazy

Of course biological women exist. That is basic biology and science. It is commen sense too.

And far right is crazy.

Do not be extreme, thats dangerous for ourself and others
Seems all humans today are crazy.

I hate to be dismissive, but first, let's deal with one issue -- there is an immense amount of fuss and bother about something that happens to very, very few people. And I am not trying to be dismissive -- as a gay man, I know full well the pain of not "being like everybody else." But the fact of the matter is this: most humans are born either male or female, and most of them will grow up attracted to the opposite sex. And because that's what happens to "most," the expectation is that that is what "normal" is.

But then again, most people are born with normal skin pigmentation, or only 2 nipples, with palates that aren't cleft, with spines that close up naturally. And a very few are not. Now, once upon a time, we couldn't do anything at all about a lot of things that happened naturally but infrequently. And that's when we started substituting "normal/abnormal" for "natural/frequent" and "natural/infrequent."

Surgeons can help in a lot of cases. Someone born with extra digits (polydactyly) can easily have an extra digit removed. I won't continue this analogy, because I'm sure everybody gets it.

Now, homosexuals in the past generally got married and forced themselves to do the necessary to become parents -- and then went on with their lives, doing what they really wanted, in secret. (Some weren't so secret, and like Oscar Wilde got sent to gaol, or like some unlucky others, like Edward II, brutally murdered in a way that suggested what people thought of this particular eccentricity.)

Mostly the world is learning to deal with gay people now, and in developed countries, most decent people don't care very much any more. That's a good thing. And the rest of the world, one can hope, will catch up.

But what do you do if, as appears might be part of the cause of gender dysphoria (one term used to describe transgenderism), that the body and brain -- which respond to different hormonal developments during pregnancy -- are actually are different? What if what we might call a "female brain" is born into a "male body?" What can we do to help?

Well, unfortunately, our techniques aren't quite up that task yet -- but think about it, one day they might be. It may well be possible to surgically construct (or grow, like an ear on the the back of a rat) body parts that can be "retrofitted."

This brings up an interesting question, for me: what should we consider to be the "real you?" Is it your body? Even though we can remove bits, add bits, change bits and so on? Or is it your brain? Are "YOU" what your body says you are, or what your mind does?

Long post, sorry. I'm all for helping anyone as much as we can, but we have to admit that the reality is, right now, there's only so much we can do. And then we're left with the question: "can we at least try to accommodate those who are different in ways that we can't quite understand intuitively?"

And is it necessary to be "left" or "right" to want to accommodate people? What does basic human kindness and respect have to do with political orientation?

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Here's a quick question for the guys here: would you be upset to see the person pictured headed toward the showers with you? (Note the very slight scars across the chest underneath the nipples.)
b13ef4000a7bab938a460149a63c886b.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Far left is crazy

Of course biological women exist. That is basic biology and science. It is commen sense too.

And far right is crazy.

Do not be extreme, thats dangerous for ourself and others
Your probably right but somebody has to face the crazies.