• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Left now says there's no such thing as a "woman"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well that there is biological women and men is science and basic biology.
There is indeed. But we also have much disagreement
about definitions applied. We create definitions to organize
our thoughts, but they change over time, & acquire diversity
of usage. I see no singular perspective that's "true" for all time.

The best we can hope for is agreement on something useful.
Saying "real" or "legitimate" vs "not real" or "illegitimate"
isn't serving us well in the age of understanding more
complexity, & incorporating that into a tolerant society.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
What's your criteria for a "biological woman"?
Haha even a child know the answer to your question

Humans have known the difference between biological women and biological men in thousands of years.

Do you not believe in real science and basic biology anymore?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If we think of there being a continuum from man to woman,
then all they need do is be more in one direction than the
other in order to be "biological".
This so much a matter of perspective....not "truth".
It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards. -Data

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Men competing with women is not being "treated equally". Chicks with Dicks being treated like real women is not "treated equally"

Have you ever heard of Billie Jean King?
Being a biological male doesn't mean an automatic advantage.

However I was referring to the legal system. Sports authorities are going to have to make these decisions.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So i can identify as a car if i want? Or a cat? Or a prinscess?

Sorry but no. This transgender thing has going to far

How Many Adults Identify as Transgender in the United States? - Williams Institute

Well, according to the article here, there are about 1.4 million people openly identifying themselves as transgender in the US alone. This doesn't even include the people who are too afraid to come out of the closet. How many people in the US do you think identify as a car?

How many people need to belong to a group before they are legitimate, especially if there are signs of their existence going far back into deep history involving the whole human race covering the entirety of the globe? This isn't some new, isolated concept.

Transgender history - Wikipedia

This just seems to be the reality of things, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. o_O

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Left now says there's no such thing as a "woman"

I think i can prove him wrong

epronovost

Literally, the brains of transgender people look more like their identified sex than their birth sex.

I'd be careful with such claims. While transgender people's brain anatomy does seem to be, on average, different then that of cisgender people of the sex they were assigned at birth, the average measurements of transgender people also differs from the average measurements of the cisgender people they identify as. Plus, there is a far from insignificant (around 20%) of cisgender women that have a brain morphology very similar to that of the average of cisgender men. Small samples also play a role and more research need to be done on the subject.

The Neuroanatomy of Transgender Identity: Mega-Analytic Findings From the ENIGMA Transgender Persons Working Group - ScienceDirect