• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Left now says there's no such thing as a "woman"

Earthtank

Let's say you knew Sam, who transitioned to a Sally.
Hormones, surgery, the whole shebang...now dressing as a female.
Would you refer to her with male, female, or neutral pronouns?

No, I would not because it goes against what I believe. I also don't see us continuing to be friends for much longer if he is going to try and force his new pronouns and lifestyle on me and expect me to go along with it. And I am sure he will feel the same way.

Let's say that Pat is non-binary, & requests gender neutral pronouns?
Would you accommodate them?

No, I would not because it goes against what I believe. I also don't see us continuing to be friends for much longer if he is going to try and force his new pronouns and lifestyle on me and expect me to go along with it. And I am sure he will feel the same way.

I don't get why people can't simply accept another person's freedom of choice and live with the results.

Earthtank

Additionally, we’ve established that you add to peoples’ suffering when you misgender or deadname them to their face (a thing you’ve implied you would do); whereas it doesn’t harm you at all to “humor them” (as it would be from your perspective).
Still seeing things solely from one side. Wouldn't have expected anything else

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I don't get why people can't simply accept another person's freedom of choice and live with the results.
What is it that you believe that conflicts
with their requests & lifestyles?

Earthtank

What is it that you believe that conflicts
with their requests & lifestyles?
Let me ask you, what is your end goal here? Is there something particular you are searching for? I believe I have provided enough "justification" (not that I need it) as to why I have the stance I have while trying to be as fair as possible to both sides. While the end result isn't to the pleasure of some here, that is not my problem nor concern.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let me ask you, what is your end goal here?
I have no attack planned. I just don't have a clear
grasp of your perspective. Even though I know I
disagree with it, that doesn't bother me.

I can understand that my questioning would
generate some suspicion about my motive.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I would love to know what the rebuttal to this would be. Short video

I would love for him to reference a source, any source other than "the left says," "the left tells us," "I've been told" or "they tell us."

Earthtank

I can understand that my questioning would
generate some suspicion about my motive.

Just to be clear, I do not think you have any ill intent. The reason for the question was, depending on your answer I can answer the "real" question you were trying to ask rather than the plethora of questions.

I just don't have a clear
grasp of your perspective. Even though I know I
disagree with it, that doesn't bother me.

What part(s) are you unclear about? I can clarify. And what do you disagree with and why?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just to be clear, I do not think you have any ill intent. The reason for the question was, depending on your answer I can answer the "real" question you were trying to ask rather than the plethora of questions.

What part(s) are you unclear about? I can clarify. And what do you disagree with and why?
I'm asking my "real" questions to clearly understand your views.
I've none held back. But answers might inspire new questions.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

You’re free to have views that harm people, but not free from the consequences of people rejecting these views; and making it clear that they will defend those any bigotry might harm.

Just like with any racism, homophobia, sexism, xenophobia, etc. Transphobia isn’t different.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You’re free to have views that harm people, but not free from the consequences of people rejecting these views; and making it clear that they will defend those any bigotry might harm.
I want to be sarcastic here but I'm trying to be good, lol.:innocent:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't really care, but if you call me by female pronouns in public, you'd get the weird looks, not me. Lol.
This one trans guy I met, he's a guy. He really is. And one day when he mentioned something about having a period my brain it slammed into a wall wondering "waaauuuuuhhhhhh":confused:
The only ones who do refer to him as female are arselings who knew him before. Other than that, he's a guy. There really is no way to see the trans part, especially in regular, daily stuff.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Before I answer that, I want to clarify my stance. Take Bruce Jenner for example, I would never refer to him as her or Kate for reasons that are ultimately irrelevant at the moment but, that is the final outcome. I would not disrespect him nor go about bullying him or whatever. If I ever ran into him and he said "It's Kate" my response would be along the lines of "Ok, it was nice meeting you" and be on my way. He can't force me to refer to him as a female nor can I force him to interact with me while I refer to him as a guy, and that is completely fine. In this case we have 2 opposing views that we each feel strongly about and that is fine, not everyone needs to accommodate everyone on everything.

With that said, in this (your) very particular situation (without know much more context) is actually irrelevant to what I was initially speaking about so, not sure I understand the purpose or connection here.
My question is, why should you need to be forced to be courteous and respectful to another human being?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Let me ask you, what is your end goal here? Is there something particular you are searching for? I believe I have provided enough "justification" (not that I need it) as to why I have the stance I have while trying to be as fair as possible to both sides. While the end result isn't to the pleasure of some here, that is not my problem nor concern.
It sounds to me like he's trying to better understand your position.