• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE LAWS OF GOD

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The Israel of today is not the Israel of the Bible.
The Israel of the Bible will be rebuilt when the Messiah comes back.
It was just some light humor, hence the winking smiley. In modern English Israeli refers to the citizens of the State of Israel, whereas Israelite refers to the people of the ancient Nation of Israel.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is a great start, Thief. Every Rabbi would agree with you.
but now.....review the new testament and the event when the Carpenter spoke it

the Pharisees came asking......which law is greatest?

'Love God'

chalk one up for the Carpenter.....no one could say nay

so which law is SECOND greatest?
(the Pharisees wanted their argument ...in public)

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

take a pause here to note the silence
as the Pharisees and the Carpenter would be looking each other...….in the eye

what the Carpenter had recited was …..HEATHEN law
Moses did not scribe such law
Moses wrote......an eye for an eye.....a tooth for a tooth
a law retro active when played

the golden rule is PRO active.....you first
and the golden rule was known to all
cut in stone long before the Carpenter walked
known to all.....even the pagans.....even the Romans....even the gentiles

and the Carpenter had quoted heathen law PRIOR to quoting Moses
as if to prefer heathen law FIRST
shaming the Pharisees

and the Pharisees sought to have Him dead
from that hour forward

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
***Moderator Edit***
You're opening up here a whole can a'worms. My advice? Back away from the subject nice and slowly. You stay Christian, I'll stay Jewish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Israel12

Please, let's not. We just finished a 40+ page thread on this, chock-full of circular logic and other logical fallacies.
Everyone who serves God is a real Israeli.
And that can be an Arab, African and European.
Incorrect, Israeli etymologically is someone who lives in that region. An israelite is a decendent of Israel. And not just anybody can be one.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Incorrect, Israeli etymologically is someone who lives in that region. An israelite is a decendent of Israel. And not just anybody can be one.
Sure, whatevs. Like I said, I'm not interested in getting into the subject once again, at least not in the near future.

Israel12

john didn't practice idolatry to jesus. john didn't teach people to practice idolatry to jesus. the jews who believed john and jesus didn't practice idolatry to jesus. jesus didn't teach people to worship, or practice idolatry to himself.

idolatry comes in many forms. it can be sex, it can be be money, it can be hero worship. christian idolatry to Jesus is prostitution.

christians don't need a jesus. they need to be loving. they need love. without it, they are never going to get into the kingdom of God. it is the key that unlocks all seven seals. revelation 8:1

prostitution = the unworthy or corrupt use of one's talents for the sake of personal or financial gain.

unconditional love, god, is not a respecter of persons. unconditional love shows reverence and respect to all.
What on earth are you talking about

Israel12

Sure, whatevs. Like I said, I'm not interested in getting into the subject once again, at least not in the near future.
Whoops wasn't trying to send that to you. Well I could go to the curses and simply destroy any thought that those people are the israelites of antiquity. But like I said not the thread for that.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't see any relation to my previous messages...

anthropolatry is a form of prostitution. lust is a form of idolatry. a fixation on a formed, created thing. they are both service to self; selfishness. There is only the LAW of ONE. the actions may appear different but they involve love of self, or love of all as self. the service to self is immature and those who follow it will have the kingdom taken away from them and give to another who will do the father's will. everyone serves but not everyone serves the ALL

matthew 21:33-43

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
what the Carpenter had recited was …..HEATHEN law
Moses did not scribe such law
Deuteronomy 6:5
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.

Laws from God via Moses to Israel. No pagan laws at all. Clearly you need to spend more time studying the other half of your Bible.

Israel12

anthropolatry is a form of prostitution. lust is a form of idolatry. a fixation on a formed, created thing. they are both service to self; selfishness. There is only the LAW of ONE. the actions may appear different but they involve love of self, or love of all as self. the service to self is immature and those who follow it will have the kingdom taken away from them and give to another who will do the father's will. everyone serves but not everyone serves the ALL

matthew 21:33-43
Is your tactic to just spew nonsense that have no point until the other person has nothing to say?? Cause it's working

IndigoChild5559

Greetings. I didn't say that, "if it is on YouTube it is true" I said I did a few videos on the issue.

The reality is that there are groups out there who are trying to calling modern Jews in question for a number "political" reasons. This type of replacement theology has been around for a while and is not a threat to anything Jewish. They can go by any nonsense they want.

In terms of someone telling the Lakota they are not the Lakota and the Zulu they are not the Zulu. Consider why no one is doing that. Most of the people around the world know little or nothing about the Lakota or the Zulu and most probably know even less about any text or history or either. Yet, knowledge of about Jewish texts (mostly in translation) have been dispersed throughout the world and there are some who most likely look and want to attach themselves to the stories they see.

Also, take into account that the majority of the groups that want to claim that they are the "real Israel" normally come out Christian demoniations that practice and beleive in replacement theology. So that should give some insight into why there are groups who do this.
Good post.

I would be extremely wary of using YouTube to educate yourself. Most of its documentaries are trash, unless put out by reputable sources such as Nat Geo, universities, and similar. It amazes me the garbage that in on YouTube.

IndigoChild5559

There are groups who use the English word distinction "Israelite" as to try to say that modern day "Jews" are not the same as/or descendents of the ancient Israelites. This is often used by Hebrew Israelites and some replacement theology Christians as a way of saying that they are the true "fill in the blank" and you other guys are not.
It is also used by Arabs and European leftists who believe Israel needs to go, and use this reasoning to present the Jewish Israelis as European colonists, rather than as a people going back to our homeland.

IndigoChild5559

all flesh will worship every sabbath and new moon.
And are you saying the Jewish Israeli people are real israelites? That's another conversation that I don't adhere to.
it doesn't say every sabbath. it says from sabbath to sabbath. Meaning all the time.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Deuteronomy 6:5
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.

Laws from God via Moses to Israel. No pagan laws at all. Clearly you need to spend more time studying the other half of your Bible.
well played.....

as so it is true......some form of the golden rule was written long before the Carpenter walked

and everyone knew that law

and the Pharisees were offended

Ehav4Ever

Good post.

I would be extremely wary of using YouTube to educate yourself. Most of its documentaries are trash, unless put out by reputable sources such as Nat Geo, universities, and similar. It amazes me the garbage that in on YouTube.

A person should wary of information no matter where it comes from, a person should always seek out the source material. Yet, there are some situations where a person needs a starting point.

As the Rambam pointed out in his commentary on the Mishnah, introduction to Avoth,

וקבל האמת - ממי שאמרה​

Also, when I do videos on YouTube, or even the papers I write on Torah and Halakha, I show the sources in Hebrew/Aramaic/Judeo-Arabic and then I show how I translated them. Furthjer, the point of the videos on YouTube is not for someone to say, "Ehav said it therefore it must be true." Instead my point is for someone to say, "He has presented his source now let me go look them up myself and determine what the truth is." I started doing videos on various topics because putting out false information without showing their sources.

Ehav4Ever

It is also used by Arabs and European leftists who believe Israel needs to go, and use this reasoning to present the Jewish Israelis as European colonists, rather than as a people going back to our homeland.

Here in Israel there are fewer Arabs who make this specific claim. There is a bit of a mixed bag of claims used in this region. There are some that claim there was never a Jewish nation here prior and that originally all of the Avoth were Muslims because they submitted themselves to Islam. There are some who say that the current conflict with the Palestinians is because the Palestinians are descendants of the Canaanites and even in ancient times Israelis stole their land. There are others who say that because the current state of Israel is mostly secular in nature it doesn't serve any purpose for Jews to be here because the Torah is being kept as a whole. Yet, there are others who simply don't there being Jews here at all.