• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE LAWS OF GOD

Israel12

No it doesn't. There is no contradiction between these verses. One is only speaking directly to the Jewish people. There is no contradiction between non-Jews being allowed to eat blood and Jews not being allowed to eat blood. The Mosaic Law is only for Jews. If it says Jews can't eat blood, that means nothing to non-Jews, who, as we can see from Gen 9:5, can eat blood (according to the Jewish interpretation).
Will everybody be required to keep Sabbaths and new moons?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That is such a gross interpretation

Leviticus 17:12-13
[12]Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
[13]And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.

Stranger or not you were not to eat the blood. Has nothing to do with a limb being cut off while alive or anything.
This only applies to those who live in Israel among Jews, hence 'or of the strangers than sojourn among you.'

Will everybody be required to keep Sabbaths and new moons?
No.

Israel12

This only applies to those who live in Israel among Jews, hence 'or of the strangers than sojourn among you.'

No.
Incorrect which shows you that Noahide laws are false

Isaiah 66:23
[23]And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Incorrect which shows you that Noahide laws are false

Isaiah 66:23
[23]And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
This chapter is talking about Israel.

In any case, it mentions nothing about 'all flesh' observing these Shabbats and New Moons. It is using these as a poetic way of saying 'forever'; that is, such as in English 'From dusk till dawn' or 'From now to eternity.'

Eyes to See

No it doesn't. There is no contradiction between these verses. One is only speaking directly to the Jewish people. There is no contradiction between non-Jews being allowed to eat blood and Jews not being allowed to eat blood. The Mosaic Law is only for Jews. If it says Jews can't eat blood, that means nothing to non-Jews, who, as we can see from Gen 9:5, can eat blood (according to the Jewish interpretation).

No, God does not have two standards.

The scripture posted above in Acts was to the Christian congregation that included Jews and non-jews. And the Bible command was still applied to non-jews to abstain from blood:

(Acts 15:20) but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood.
(Acts 15:29) to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”
(Acts 21:25) As for the believers from among the nations, we have sent them our decision in writing that they should keep away from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

This was written by the older men in Jerusalem after a debate about the circumcision came up. Peter came from the field with an eye-witness account, he himself personally went through, how Jehovah direct him to the house of an uncircumcised gentile and baptized him with holy spirit.

When relating these things to the apostles and older men in Jerusalem they gathered together and with the help of the holy spirit they gave these commands to all Christians, both the Jews and non-Jews alike. To abstain from blood.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
No, God does not have two standards.

The scripture posted above in Acts was to the Christian congregation that included Jews and non-jews. And the Bible command was still applied to non-jews to abstain from blood:

(Acts 15:20) but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood.
(Acts 15:29) to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!”
(Acts 21:25) As for the believers from among the nations, we have sent them our decision in writing that they should keep away from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

This was written by the older men in Jerusalem after a debate about the circumcision came up. Peter came from the filed with an eye-witness account, he himself personally went through, how Jehovah direct him to the house of an uncircumcised gentile and baptized him with holy spirit.

When relating these things to the apostles and older men in Jerusalem they gathered together and with the help of the holy spirit they gave these commands to all Christians, both the Jews and non-Jews alike. To abstain from blood.
Christian scripture means nothing to me; it's useless quoting it to me, honestly. I know what Christians believe, in any case, so it's not really new.

Yes, within Orthodox Judaism G-d has two covenants: one with the Children of Noah and one with the Children of Israel. He requires more from Israelites than from Noahides. This is the normative understanding.

Eyes to See

Christian scripture means nothing to me; it's useless quoting it to me, honestly. I know what Christians believe, in any case, so it's not really new.

Yes, within Orthodox Judaism G-d has two covenants: one with the Children of Noah and one with the Children of Israel. He requires more from Israelites than from Noahides. This is the normative understanding.

I respect your viewpoints.

Israel12

This chapter is talking about Israel.

In any case, it mentions nothing about 'all flesh' observing these Shabbats and New Moons. It is using these as a poetic way of saying 'forever'; that is, such as in English 'From dusk till dawn' or 'From now to eternity.'
Regardless if it was talking to Israel or not, but okay it's Israel well we understand that Israel will be the ruling class and that their law will be the world law, so regardless if you want to say this is just for them is irrelevant seeing that it will be the world law to keep and seeing that Israel will possess the nations and even bondmen were required to keep the passover according to the Mosaic law. Secondly, I could just go here.

Zechariah 14:16
[16]And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

A Leviticus 23 feast day required to be kept by all nations so that's a cut.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Regardless if it was talking to Israel or not, but okay it's Israel well we understand that Israel will be the ruling class and that their law will be the world law, so regardless if you want to say this is just for them is irrelevant seeing that it will be the world law to keep and seeing that Israel will possess the nations and even bondmen were required to keep the passover according to the Mosaic law. Secondly, I could just go here.

[16]And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Your bitter anti-Semitic attitude isn't worth my time.

Bird123

What laws do you think need to be kept today? 10? 600+? Don't mind being thorough but I see some responses that are miles long so be somewhat concise

Laws of God????? There are no laws of God!! On the other hand, mankind is a controlling lot. Controlling is one of the petty things that mankind holds so dear.

God grants total free will. God will not threaten, intimidate or coerce your choices as mankind would.

God simply teaches everyone what their choices really mean. When our choices return, our choices will become clear. When one understands all sides, Intelligence will make the best choice. Laws, enforcement, and control was, is, and will be never needed.

There is Genius behind God's system. There is no need to define good or evil. There is no need to judge or condemn either. With this, there is no excuse or need to hate others. This leaves only room for Unconditional Love which, in time, we will figure out that is what we really want returning to us.

It's so Simple. Laws, Enforcing, Ruling, and Controlling have never been needed by God.

That's what I see. It's very very Clear!!!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Just one.

Don't do to anybody what you wouldn't want anybody to do to you.

For example:
  • If you don't think people should steal from you, don't steal from them
  • If you don't think people shoud hit you, or spit on you, then keep your own fists and spit to yourself
  • If you would have hated anybody telling you that you couldn't love the person that you did fall in love with, then don't tell anybody else that they can't -- for any reason!
  • Or, if you don't wan't somebody to tell you that your beliefs are pure trash, don't tell them that theirs are.
But there's a corollary! If you think that there are things that you must do to others, then you must also accept that others will have the same right where you are concerned. For example:
  • If you can tell somebody that their beliefs are incorrect, you must accept their right to say the same to you
  • If you can tell somebody who they should marry, then you must accept that they have the right to tell you who to marry
  • If you think you have the right to denigrate someone else because of their colour, or their gender, or their sexual orientation, or height, or facial features, or their teeth or breath or colour of their nail polish, then you must expect them to do the same to you -- and you must accept it with good grace.
See? Simple!

Israel12

Just one.

Don't do to anybody what you wouldn't want anybody to do to you.

For example:
  • If you don't think people should steal from you, don't steal from them
  • If you don't think people shoud hit you, or spit on you, then keep your own fists and spit to yourself
  • If you would have hated anybody telling you that you couldn't love the person that you did fall in love with, then don't tell anybody else that they can't -- for any reason!
  • Or, if you don't wan't somebody to tell you that your beliefs are pure trash, don't tell them that theirs are.
But there's a corollary! If you think that there are things that you must do to others, then you must also accept that others will have the same right where you are concerned. For example:
  • If you can tell somebody that their beliefs are incorrect, you must accept their right to say the same to you
  • If you can tell somebody who they should marry, then you must accept that they have the right to tell you who to marry
  • If you think you have the right to denigrate someone else because of their colour, or their gender, or their sexual orientation, or height, or facial features, or their teeth or breath or colour of their nail polish, then you must expect them to do the same to you -- and you must accept it with good grace.
See? Simple!
I never appreciate these vague answers because then you can misconstrue. So is homosexuality okay?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Regardless if it was talking to Israel or not, but okay it's Israel well we understand that Israel will be the ruling class
This is anti-Semitic. Nowhere is it stated that Israel will be the ruling class. This is just something people who aren't very familiar with Judaism repeat.

and that their law will be the world law,
There is never a time when everyone will be subject to the Torah/Moasic Law.

so regardless if you want to say this is just for them is irrelevant seeing that it will be the world law to keep and seeing that Israel will possess the nations and even bondmen were required to keep the passover according to the Mosaic law.
This is talking about the turnover in fortunes. Israel will take as captives those who took Israel captive. They will serve them in Israel as the Jews were made to serve. It has nothing to do with world law. And yes, there are different laws for Gerim Toshavim - non-Jews who live in Israel. Non-Jews who don't live in Israel are not required these things.

Secondly, I could just go here.

Yes, this is a Messianic passage. Things won't be as they are now in Messianic Times.

Israel12

This is anti-Semitic. Nowhere is it stated that Israel will be the ruling class. This is just something people who aren't very familiar with Judaism repeat.

There is never a time when everyone will be subject to the Torah/Moasic Law.

This is talking about the turnover in fortunes. Israel will take as captives those who took Israel captive. They will serve them in Israel as the Jews were made to serve. It has nothing to do with world law. And yes, there are different laws for Gerim Toshavim - non-Jews who live in Israel. Non-Jews who don't live in Israel are not required these things.

Yes, this is a Messianic passage. Things won't be as they are now in Messianic Times.
Lol what are you talking about?

Isaiah 60:12
[12]For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

Any nation that does not serve Israel will be put to death

Daniel 7:27
[27]And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Dominion will be given to Israel over everything under the Messiah.

And last the Zechariah is messianic so that's my point, in the future all nations will be keeping a feast that is in Leviticus 23. Regardless of any other that, how is that anti semetic? It is not prejudice or hostile against Israel so that point is invalid

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What laws do you think need to be kept today? 10? 600+? Don't mind being thorough but I see some responses that are miles long so be somewhat concise

there is only the need of the Law of ONE

it can be said multiple ways but there is the simple.

love other self as self would wish to be loved.

this is the whole of the law. unconditional love is not a respecter of love.

Israel12

Okay so hypothetically I would love for someone to tell me not to be a homosexual. Therefore I can tell someone not to be a homosexual. But another person finds it offensive and thinks it's fine to be a homosexual. Whose right and whose wrong

Israel12

I don't think my last post actually posted. But basically that is a vague statement because I can feel telling you to not be a homosexual is wrong and you can say that is offensive so which one is right?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't think my last post actually posted. But basically that is a vague statement because I can feel telling you to not be a homosexual is wrong and you can say that is offensive so which one is right?
its basically the golden rule, stated another way.

love(friendship) is two bodies being of one mind. mencius