• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The law of sides

ellenjanuary

Rule One: For every side, there is an inside, and there is an outside.

Rule Two: For all other considerations, refer to rule one.

The problem with philosophy is its lack of universal relevance. To steal a line from E. F. Hutton - when Jesus speaks, people listen. When Kant speaks... I kant.

The revenge of the philosopher resides in mathematics. People talk of "faith" as "belief in something contrary to common sense" (I'm feeling piratical... Open Source! Down with DRM! Intellectual Copyright taxes my intellect as nothing I can say has not already been said - or it would not be heard! Ahem...) Where was I. Oh, i - the "imaginary number" - "exists" more than god, let is far less real than god. Yeah, buddy. The quantum state - I believe in disbelief - simultaneously. The only game currently forbidden by physics is absolute simultaneity - anyhoo - there may yet be an absolute philosophy - we're probably just too unsophisticated to appreciate it. Beyond mathematics, of course. I believe in four; but, as I am communicating, I can add - or not.