• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Law of God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......... For instance, the term Mosaic Law is not a biblical term. Thus, it is my opinion that certain scholars/educators/religious organizations are attempting to dictate the rules of biblical reasoning. This is quite evident in John 15:25, where reference bibles direct readers to Psalms 69:4 as support for John 15:25. And, Psalm 69:4 direct readers to John 15:25 for support as well. However, when, we review Psalms 69:5 it seem to claim that the one who is "hated without a cause" is a sinner (KJV). This surely can't be referencing the Messiah. What about Psalms 35? Well, this as well isn't referencing the Messiah, it's referencing King David. Yet, the most obvious point is that Psalms isn't part of the Law (even though some try to suggest otherwise)! Hence, it seems to me that John 15:25 is spurious and isn't part of the equation..

What an interesting reply ^ above ^.
I do find John 15:25 does have corresponding verses at Psalms 35:19; Psalms 69:4 and Luke 23:22.
Jesus (who was Not a sinner) was hated without a cause Psalms 69:4.
However, at Psalms 69:5 David is referring to himself. God was aware of David's (Not Jesus) foolishness.
So, to me we are dealing with prophetic patterns.
Jesus is the high priest - Hebrews 7:26-10:22 - and Not David.
Psalms 35 does correspond to David at 1 Samuel 24:15; 1 Samuel 25:39.

Mosaic does refer to Moses and the Law God gave to Moses, so the Constitution of that Law is in connection to Moses.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is what we are taught, athithi devo bhava, treat the guest like a God. Of course, the guest should not overstay his welcome, otherwise he becomes a pest.
Interesting too ^above^ because out of ever meeting 3 Buddhists (or claiming to be) were very rude.
Two were women and one man from Vietnam. All were met at different times.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I recall a yard sign that directed people to two doors; one front door and one side door.
The sign read for the front door: Guests, and for the side door it said for: Pests.
We have a saying in Rajasthani which a son-in-law writes on the wall of the bathroom of his father-in-law.
Son-in-law: "Sasro sukh basaro" (Father-in-laws house is the house of happiness)
Sister-in-law: "Dina teen ro asro" (That is only for three days) - replied by the wife of his brother-in-law.
Son-n-law: "Mhe to rahasya chheh chheh mas (I will stay for six months)
Sister-in-law: "Desya khurpi khudasya ghaas" (Will give you a trovel and ask you to dig grass)
The son-in-law left promptly.

Sasro Sukh Basro:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
............... However, when, we review Psalms 69:5 it seem to claim that the one who is "hated without a cause" is a sinner (KJV). This surely can't be referencing the Messiah. What about Psalms 35? Well, this as well isn't referencing the Messiah, it's referencing King David........
Yes, Psalms 35 does connect to David but please note Psalms 35:19 in connection corresponding to John 15:24-25.
At Psalms 69:4 (not vs 5) also mentions without cause as does Luke 23:22 along with John 15:24-25.

The reason Acts of the Apostles 3:12-15 mentions 'ye men of Israel' was because of: community responsibility.
- see Deuteronomy 21:1-9 because of community responsibility they failed to bring Jesus to justice.
Thus, they were culpable blood guilty in sharing in community responsibility. - Deuteronomy 21:1-9.