• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Latter Days - Multi-Religious Discussion

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
A apocalyptic end is pretty much inevitable. religious or not.

When we know that the end of the world is near, people and events will become uncontrollable. but there is a real chance human kind will no longer be in existence well before that time.

What religions concern them selves with, more than the final event itself, is what comes next?

Inevitably " the what is next" is modified and formulated by our particular religious beliefs, Our particular interpretation of our scriptures and how far those can be reconciled with our hopes and fears.

Personally I do not differentiate the end for all, from the end for each of us individually.
It is certain that far more will have passed away in the generations before the end of times, than during that final apocalypse.

The end of the world is by its nature final and complete. There will be no miraculous resurrection of the Solar system nor for the past inhabitants of this world.

Our Futures will depend in the true Nature of God.

Farrukh

But what are the Signs of the Times within their religious facets.

there are two type of signs,
1. Major signs
2. Minor signs
Muhammad Peace be upon him told us these signs about 1400 years ago.

Minor signs
there are many signs, i'll mention few, you can google if you want to find more
...When the most wicked member of a tribe becomes its ruler, and the most worthless member of a community becomes its leader, and a man is respected through fear of the evil he may do, and leadership is given to people who are unworthy of it, expect the Last Hour”,
most of the Muslims countries have mentioned condition.
.... “Women would dress like men”
and this is very common now
.....Homosexuality (and lesbianism) would become commonplace,
and we know this thing is common now.
....Children born outside of marriage would become commonplace
....Fornication and adultery would become commonplace
....Disproportion in balance of men and women to such an extent that “one man would have to maintain (not marry) fifty women”, that is yet to occur, in few cities, women are 10 times more than men, one day ration will go 1:50
Universal consumption of alcoholic beverages
Religious knowledge would disappear
“Nothing would remain of Islam but the name, and nothing would remain of the Qur’an but the traces (of its writing) (i.e., the Qur’an would not be studied, no one would follow its guidance).....
...."The Hour will not be established till a fire will come out of the land of Hijaz, and it will throw light on the necks of the camels at Busra." i don't know details about it, may it is talking about some nuclear blast, or may some other big blast, distance between two cities is more than 1600km.

MAJOR SIGNS

• Dajjal — the false Messiah or Anti-Christ,
• Gog and Magog,
• Smoke,
• The beast of the earth or land (most likely the holy land),
• The sun would rise from the west,
• Three sinking of the earth
one in the east
One in the west
and One in Arabia,
• The son of Mary would descend. Although these signs were not given by the blessed Prophet (peace and blessings of

We know from the prophecies of the blessed Prophet that the third major ‘sinking of the earth’, i.e., the one that would occur in Arabia, would swallow an army that would be heading south to Makkah. That army would be on its way to attack Imam al-Mahdi, the descendent of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him). It was prophesied that he would restore the Islamic Caliphate (or Islamic model of a state) in the Arabian peninsula. It is after that sign has occurred (i.e., the third major earthquake) that the son of Mary would descend from the sky with his hands resting on the wings of two angels, and would kill Dajjal the False Messiah or Anti-Christ. The Qur’an itself has described Jesus (i.e., the return of Jesus) as the ‘ilm (which here means the very key to the subject) of the Last Hour:

“And he (i.e., Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow Me: this is a Straight Way.”
(Qur’an, Zukhruf, 43:61)

Last edited:

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
First, Buddhism is not a religion "of the book". We have thousands of religious scriptures, depending on particular school. Second, Buddhism, as well as most eastern religions, don't generally tend to view history as linear, but as circular. When one era ends, a new one begins. Buddhists view time as generally containing three periods, that begins again and again. It starts with the rise of a new Buddha, goes through a period called the true dharma age, followed by the dharma semblance age, and ending with the dharma ending age, when a new Buddha will arise, and the the cycle starts all over. But not all Buddhists view this scheme as literal. I fail to see how this corresponds with anything the Abrahamic religions teach.

keggy975

True, but the Bible is made up of over 60 books. The term Biblia means the books. There are also extracaonical books, And many lost books.

keggy975

It is not just christian, its torah, tanakh, and going further the talmud, mishnah, haggadah, zohar, dead sea scrolls, etc.

Tumah

Veteran Member
It is not just christian, its torah, tanakh, and going further the talmud, mishnah, haggadah, zohar, dead sea scrolls, etc.

Torah is the "Ta" in Tanach. The rest are not part of the Bible.
Also, I think you mean Agaddah? Or were you actually referring to the Passover Haggadah?

keggy975

Think it through, Dispensations, The First Commandment (Be Fruitful and Multiply and Replenish the Earth), not to mention that when Cain left Adam-Ondi-Ahmen and went to live with the people of Nod, they had already established themselves as a technological *Copper, Bronze or Iron Age" culture, and his family thrived as metalworkers.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hindus have a time limitation. We know exactly when the world will come to an end. Some Interval, before the next cycle begins. But it is trillions of years away. We are only about half-way through.

Farrukh

Hindus have a time limitation. We know exactly when the world will come to an end. Some Interval, before the next cycle begins. But it is trillions of years away. We are only about half-way through.

they even don't know when their lives are going to end, how they know about universe?

Tdidymos

Matthew chapter 24. tells what Jesus thought about the "Signs of the Times".

"While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
“Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:3-14)

Farrukh

Matthew chapter 24. tells what Jesus thought about the "Signs of the Times".

"While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
“Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:3-14)

yes, many false messengers came but Muhammad(صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) was the one mentioned in Holy Bible, Muhammad(pbuh) in Bible

Tdidymos

Hi Farrukh!

I see you are a Muslim. So what does the Quran say about the End Times? A one relative of mine who is a Muslim once tried to explain it to me, but I can't remember what he said. So I would be happy to learn more about it.

Tumah

Veteran Member
yes, many false messengers came but Muhammad(صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) was the one mentioned in Holy Bible, Muhammad(pbuh) in Bible

I think that the whole "Muhammad is prophesied about in Deuteronomy" and "Muhammad is prophesied about in Song of Songs" has been dis-proven so many times, that it only reflects badly on your apologists that they still use that as material.

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh!

I see you are a Muslim. So what does the Quran say about the End Times? A one relative of mine who is a Muslim once tried to explain it to me, but I can't remember what he said. So I would be happy to learn more about it.

there are two type of signs,
1. Major signs
2. Minor signs
Muhammad Peace be upon him told us these signs about 1400 years ago.

Minor signs
there are many signs, i'll mention few, you can google if you want to find more
...When the most wicked member of a tribe becomes its ruler, and the most worthless member of a community becomes its leader, and a man is respected through fear of the evil he may do, and leadership is given to people who are unworthy of it, expect the Last Hour”,
most of the Muslims countries have mentioned condition.
.... “Women would dress like men”
and this is very common now
.....Homosexuality (and lesbianism) would become commonplace,
and we know this thing is common now.
....Children born outside of marriage would become commonplace
....Fornication and adultery would become commonplace
....Disproportion in balance of men and women to such an extent that “one man would have to maintain (not marry) fifty women”, that is yet to occur, in few cities, women are 10 times more than men, one day ration will go 1:50
Universal consumption of alcoholic beverages
Religious knowledge would disappear
“Nothing would remain of Islam but the name, and nothing would remain of the Qur’an but the traces (of its writing) (i.e., the Qur’an would not be studied, no one would follow its guidance).....
...."The Hour will not be established till a fire will come out of the land of Hijaz, and it will throw light on the necks of the camels at Busra." i don't know details about it, may it is talking about some nuclear blast, or may some other big blast, distance between two cities is more than 1600km.

MAJOR SIGNS

• Dajjal — the false Messiah or Anti-Christ,
• Gog and Magog,
• Smoke,
• The beast of the earth or land (most likely the holy land),
• The sun would rise from the west,
• Three sinking of the earth
1. One in the east
2. One in the west
3. and One in Arabia
We know from the prophecies of the blessed Prophet that the third major ‘sinking of the earth’, i.e., the one that would occur in Arabia, would swallow an army that would be heading south to Makkah. That army would be on its way to attack Imam al-Mahdi, the descendent of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him). It was prophesied that he would restore the Islamic Caliphate (or Islamic model of a state) in the Arabian peninsula. It is after that sign has occurred (i.e., the third major earthquake) that the son of Mary would descend from the sky with his hands resting on the wings of two angels, and would kill Dajjal the False Messiah or Anti-Christ. The Qur’an itself has described Jesus (i.e., the return of Jesus) as the ‘ilm (which here means the very key to the subject) of the Last Hour:

“And he (i.e., Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow Me: this is a Straight Way.”
(Qur’an, Zukhruf, 43:61)

Last edited:

Tdidymos

Thanks Farrukh. That was interesting. That has some similarities with the Bible.
I remember that a Muslim relative of mine also mentioned the return of Jesus.
It's interesting.