• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Latter Days - Multi-Religious Discussion

keggy975

Hi, I am new to the forum, but recently I have noticed many things in the news and with life in general.

Many people (Christians, Jews, Muslims and even Hindus), have a concept of the End Times or the End of Days.

But what are the Signs of the Times within their religious facets.

I am a true witness of the Power of God, but just who is this Eternal Being that we worship. I am afraid that I have some interesting ideas regarding many miracles and have a bit of a prejudice about what I consider Gentiles.

So this discussion is intended to open the doors for peoples of the books.

In this discussion, I will postulate my own opinions and researches and hope that others can do the same. No Flaming please. This is a peaceful and enlightening discussion. Thank You.:rainbow1::shout

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Evil behavior accumulates with population; consequences of these evil behaviors accumulate with population. The end. -- We're seeing overpopulation, starvation, homelessness, disease, suicidal/murderous ideologies, manipulation through drugs and other mental and physical means, increases in misinformation and the spreading of misinformation, secrecy, greed, destruction of ecosystems worldwide, etc -- with no true end (to these evils) in sight. The end of the sons and daughters of mankind are truly what's at stake. We have countries setting limits on genders, as an example of the inevitable.

keggy975

This is mainly a discussion for peoples of the books that have an apocalyptic and prophetic last days feature in their respective religions (People of the Books are Abrahamic, Hindu and Buddhists for the purposes of this discussion):rainbow1: Not a general topic - this is very specific.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't recommend including non-Abrahamics under "peoples of the book." They don't fit in there very well, and I think you'll have a better structure for your discussion if you keep it to Abramahic religions. We actually have a DIR structure for the purposes of discussing ideas within these religions; they're not to be used for debate, and it sounds like that isn't what you're interested in doing, so that might be a better fit for your topic.

Flankerl

This is mainly a discussion for peoples of the books that have an apocalyptic and prophetic last days feature in their respective religions (People of the Books are Abrahamic, Hindu and Buddhists for the purposes of this discussion):rainbow1: Not a general topic - this is very specific.

This is one of the reasons why it makes no sense to group us with those "its the end of the world and you are probably going to die!!!"-people together.

keggy975

This is why I said a discussion of Apocalyptic themes throughout the religions of peoples who have scriptural books. I want to know what they believe and the similarities between each faith.

keggy975

Gnostics have alot, so does Kaballah. I know that Mormons have a near perfect outline of things to come - And I shall illuminate everyone who joins the discussion about them.

CynthiaCypher

Gnostics have alot, so does Kaballah. I know that Mormons have a near perfect outline of things to come - And I shall illuminate everyone who joins the discussion about them.

Yes Gnostics do have alot of Apocalypses and End Times, because our Apocalypses and End Times are personal.

Satyamavejayanti

Nothing like end of days and apocalypse (in the Abrahamic sense) there, Kalki Avatar is at the end of a cycle of Yuga which is called the Kali yuga, but after that Yuga there is again the new Yuga of Satya and it keeps following this cycle for ever, there are 4 Yugas in total but they are cyclic in nature, there are events that may happen to mark the end of one Yuga but that is not considered a judgement of Ishvar/Viashnu where people will be sent to heaven and hell ect ect. nor is it a complete end to the world (Universe whatever).

The Manu Smriti (laws of the first man) and the Surya Sidhanta (workings of the Sun) give detailed figures on the time of each yugas, but i think both state a cyclic nature of things rather then just a abrupt devastating end, why different to judgement day??? because we have already been through the Dvapar yuga and i think the world is still here (I will confirm after siggy break). :D