• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last words of famous atheists

As homer simpsons said: why cant i worship the lord in my own way, by praying like hell on my deathbed

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No "conspiracy," just a very simple accusation triggered by your actions. If you don't know that the source is false, why not share it?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
So we would rather discredit the source than face the fact that atheist themselves could be, even thought they probably dont realise it up to the end, actually sure of the existance of god.

Doesnt the bible indicate that god has made himself known to mankind through things like the creation. It is quite possible then...that there is really no such thing as an atheist.

From all the last words I personally heard, the statistics were not in your favour Heneni.. And most of those people called themselves religious. Now what should I follow? :shrug:

Heneni

Miss Independent
As homer simpsons said: why cant i worship the lord in my own way, by praying like hell on my deathbed

Brilliant.

"God" happens to be very important to me even though I don't believe in him..
A great part of my live is about the concept of god. Including this forum.
Family is even more important to me. If I would want to leave them a note before my light go out, I'd rather say something that they would want to hear perhaps..

I know my mother would love it if I would say anything about god on that moment. She did so with my grandmother... She still talks about the fact that my grandmother did a prayer before she went away. :shrug:

(Oh, and please, make it BBB ;))

Ok BBB:p

Are you an atheist?

Heneni

Miss Independent
From all the last words I personally heard, the statistics were not in your favour Heneni.. And most of those people called themselves religious. Now what should I follow? :shrug:

Follow you heart id say...

Statistically god exists. You wont like the statistics though...they were not compiled by an atheist.

Heneni

Miss Independent
No "conspiracy," just a very simple accusation triggered by your actions. If you don't know that the source is false, why not share it?

The source could be true..the source could be false. Its an atheists favourite line of thinking. The bible could be real, the bible could not. Where is the evidence. There is no evidence. :p

However...the accusations against god is stacked up to heaven. Fair is fair, stormy!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The source could be true..the source could be false. Its an atheists favourite line of thinking. The bible could be real, the bible could not. Where is the evidence. There is no evidence. :p

However...the accusations against god is stacked up to heaven. Fair is fair, stormy!
What are you gibbering about? And don't call me "Stormy."

Smoke

Done here.
The fact that she refuses to name her source makes me suspect she's lying.
That fact that she has repeatedly refused to do so makes me certain that either she's lying or she knows her source is not credible, which amounts to the same thing.

I don't know enough to know what the last words of all those men were, but I do know that the last words attributed to Voltaire are not his last words, and I know that neither Charles IX nor Thomas Paine were atheists. (Charles was a Catholic and Tom was a deist.) I suspect that the other entries are equally accurate and relevant.

Trey of Diamonds

She doesn't want to list the source because this is a common list of quotes tossed around by self-rightous Christians time and time again. Do some googling and you can find this list repeating over and over.

Dying words of famous atheists:
Talleyrand: "I'm suffering the pangs of the damned"
Mirabeau: "Give me laudanum that i may not think of eternity"
Voltaire: " I am abandoned by God and man. I shall go to hell. Oh, Christ, oh,Jesus christ"
Charles ix, "What blood, what murders, what evil counsels have i followed.I'M LOST,I SEE IT WELL"
Tom Paine" I would give worlds, if i had them, if the age of reason had never been published. Oh Lord, help me. Christ, help me. Stay with me.
It is HELL to be left alone"
Iagoda,killed by Stalin,:"There must be a GOD, because my sins have reached me"
Iaroslavski,president of the league of the godless in the U.S.S.R, asked Stalin from his deathbed: "Burn all my books, burn all my books..look He is here, He waited for me..Burn all my books.....

Heneni

Miss Independent
Of course it is. Anything that presses a button though, has to make you wonder.;)

I expect the insults to be arriving sooner than later.

Atheists are predictable, though i have to say BBB here was quite charming in his response.

Its not really the OP thats important here. Its the response to it that im interested in.

And clearly...there is a huge dislike to the fact that atheists could have gotten it wrong.

And that is the point. Atheists dont think they are wrong. Yet on their death bed, perhaps it turns into a different matter. Whether it does or doesnt is far less important than the huge drive to self-preservation here.

The plot thickens.

Heneni

Heneni

Miss Independent
She doesn't want to list the source because this is a common list of quotes tossed around by self-rightous Christians time and time again. Do some googling and you can find this list repeating over and over.

And a simple google will show you the comments that atheist make about god as well. Its a cruel world afterall.

Trey of Diamonds

In other words we're all subjects in your little experiment. Toss out some lies and propaganda to see what the folks will make of it? And this tells you what? That we are capible of cutting and pasting into Google to check on you? That we're willing to stand up and say "I smell a rat" even if we aren't Atheists?