• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Last Sermon of Prophet Muhammad.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He is basically saying religion can't be approached lightly and has to be taken seriously, and studied with a lot of effort. This is because the risk is too much otherwise.

This argument is very reasonable, and I believe is the start of wisdom for anyone who understands it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
He is basically saying religion can't be approached lightly and has to be taken seriously, and studied with a lot of effort. This is because the risk is too much otherwise.

This argument is very reasonable, and I believe is the start of wisdom for anyone who understands it.
I believe a better approach is to look at religions themselves - as to how, why, when, and where they developed - as to giving a better insight into them, or any particular one, than being engrossed in any of them. And where such often divides one from others. No religion - no division - or less so than already exists.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe a better approach is to look at religions themselves - as to how, why, when, and where they developed - as to giving a better insight into them, or any particular one, than being engrossed in any of them. And where such often divides one from others. No religion - no division - or less so than already exists.

No one is saying accept the religion or particular one out of this fear, just take religion issue seriously, because the risk is too much. He argues, let's say you lived a life searching for it with utmost effort, and you didn't find it. What did you lose? You lived honorably trying to find the truth, whatever pleasures you lose, they all gone anyways when you die. But let's say ignoring Messengers of God or God's guidance results in hell, what pleasures that are gone are worth that?

Do you get it?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No one is saying accept the religion or particular one out of this fear, just take religion issue seriously, because the risk is too much. He argues, let's say you lived a life searching for it with utmost effort, and you didn't find it. What did you lose? You lived honorably trying to find the truth, whatever pleasures you lose, they all gone anyways when you die. But let's say ignoring Messengers of God or God's guidance results in hell, what pleasures that are gone are worth that?

Do you get it?
I do get it. It's just I place less value in what humans produce perhaps than others - and hence why I don't accept such logical arguments. It would also mean accepting some definition of Hell from some religion or other - usually Christianity - when I have no reason to do so. It is pretty much the same as to accepting a religious belief when otherwise one wouldn't - that is being forced to do so even if such benefitted one in some way when one couldn't in all honesty have done so without this.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I wonder why al the messengers came from the same place,there is no record of one in Europe.

Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them.”

[Faatir 3524]

This isn’t true,there are no records of prophets or messengers here.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But no different from the Bible, and where there are obvious differences as to where such led - different beliefs. I think that is one enormous issue with such texts - being open to interpretation so often - and as to why I can't take them seriously. Other than in any essential truths they might tell us, but which could have come from any piece of literature and/or from the more thinking.

They are given to expand our spiritual understanding and not close out mind to all that we can be.

That some men want to dominate over others, that becones the issue.

There are branches of Islam that look deeper into the meaning of the Quran.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_interpretation_of_the_Quran

Faith is born from new meanings, new beginnings.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder why al the messengers came from the same place,there is no record of one in Europe.

Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them.”

[Faatir 3524]

This isn’t true,there are no records of prophets or messengers here.

I think if we looked with different eyes we would find them.

From what I understand Baha'u'llah offerd that not all Messengers shine with the same light as they are sent to fulfil specific needs and goals in different stations. Some come in the shadow of a previous Messenger.

People like William Miller can be seen as a Warner inspired to give a piece of the Message that ties into the bigger picture.

Why this is so? Well God is all wise, we are not, but my guess is that God provides each Nation according to a progressive need, or if needed wipes that nation from existence.

I see a time of balance is looming, I wonder what will unfold, what will show us that we are one people on one planet, the nation of the family of man.

Regards Tony

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I think if we looked with different eyes we would find them.

From what I understand Baha'u'llah offerd that not all Messengers shine with the same light as they are sent to fulfil specific needs and goals in different stations. Some come in the shadow of a previous Messenger.

People like William Miller can be seen as a Warner inspired to give a piece of the Message that ties into the bigger picture.

Why this is so? Well God is all wise, we are not, but my guess is that God provides each Nation according to a progressive need, or if needed wipes that nation from existence.

I see a time of balance is looming, I wonder what will unfold, what will show us that we are one people on one planet, the nation of the family of man.

Regards Tony

Miller was American and hardly a prophet or what one expect a prophet to be,most of the world didn’t have a prophet,who knows why.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Miller was American and hardly a prophet or what one expect a prophet to be,most of the world didn’t have a prophet,who knows why.

I see the verse talks about a Warner. Those warnings can come in many ways, even people like Nelson Mandela can be seen as one inspired to uphold justice, to warn us that tyrannical actions can not prevail.

Yet tyrannical men still have power and a world full of people that want justice are still allowing them to act in this way.

We have been warned this will bring about the downfall of humanity.

So who is listening to the Warner's anyway?

Regards Tony

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
They are given to expand our spiritual understanding and not close out mind to all that we can be.

That some men want to dominate over others, that becones the issue.

There are branches of Islam that look deeper into the meaning of the Quran.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_interpretation_of_the_Quran

Faith is born from new meanings, new beginnings.

Regards Tony
To me, they all look more like control measures as seen fit by those of the time, and for the peoples then, so not a lot to choose between them. Some find a need fulfilled with such beliefs but I just never have. Which is why I haven't bothered to go deeper into any particular one, and find no reason to do so, when it would be just unfair on any others. And I think that going deeper into all is just senseless when one has other options - unless one wants to be a scholar as to such, which is not my thing, and I have no pretensions as to such.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To me, they all look more like control measures as seen fit by those of the time, and for the peoples then, so not a lot to choose between them. Some find a need fulfilled with such beliefs but I just never have. Which is why I haven't bothered to go deeper into any particular one, and find no reason to do so, when it would be just unfair on any others. And I think that going deeper into all is just senseless when one has other options - unless one wants to be a scholar as to such, which is not my thing, and I have no pretensions as to such.

It is indeed our choice to pursue or not to pursue the deeper aspects of Faith, or not to pursue faith at all.

You are right, the Messages are sent so we can consider what we need to do to control our actions, and those Laws do change in each age. To go deeper might just lead us to find the purpose why we are here.

All the best in Life.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Allah sent his last message through Mohammad (SAAS), the Seal of Prophets. Now who make such claims are but actors.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Wow, so according to your dogmatic Muhammad a woman does not get to decide for herself who her friends are?

How manipulative.

In my opinion.
Was that my words in this thread? Can't remember I said so :confused:
I don't personally do not say what anyone can or can not do. I do not rule over any woman

danieldemol

Premium Member
Was that my words in this thread? Can't remember I said so :confused:
I don't personally do not say what anyone can or can not do. I do not rule over any woman
I did not say according to you, I said according to your dogmatic Muhammad.

In other words what you said Muhammad said.

Here it is again in case you missed it;
"And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve"

So what if a wife makes friends that her husband does not approve of?

In my opinion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I did not say according to you, I said according to your dogmatic Muhammad.

In other words what you said Muhammad said.

Here it is again in case you missed it;
"And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve"

So what if a wife makes friends that her husband does not approve of?

In my opinion.
I can honestly not speak for other people on this matter. I do not have a wife or GF, If I did and some issues come up I would speak with her, and ask her opinion.
Muhammad spoke to the people of that time, and I think in 2021 one can look at it differently.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I see the verse talks about a Warner. Those warnings can come in many ways, even people like Nelson Mandela can be seen as one inspired to uphold justice, to warn us that tyrannical actions can not prevail.

Yet tyrannical men still have power and a world full of people that want justice are still allowing them to act in this way.

We have been warned this will bring about the downfall of humanity.

So who is listening to the Warner's anyway?

Regards Tony

I don’t see a civil rights campaigner as a prophet but we have plenty of non spritual Warner’s,green peace to name just one but it still stands that most of the world never received a prophet.