• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Too many of us have not learned our lesson here. There are probably multiple reasons, but Australia has a higher reported per capita case count than the US (I said reported because a lot of people that had covid here never reported it) but we have a much higher per capita death rate from covid. I think that there are two main reasons. One, Australia is isolated. One cannot drive there. And you guys reacted hard to it at the onset. You were able to control it until vaccines were developed. At least better than we were able to. Second, we have a lot of foolish people here that due to political beliefs have decided that the vaccines don't work. At least for the US it is a disease that may have raised intelligence. Our per capita covid death rate is over four times greater than yours even though your per capita reported case rate is one and a third times higher:

You do not have a monopoly on foolish people.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Oh, I have no doubt about that. It just seems that we have far more than our share.

The larger population probably makes it seem that way. We just had a state election and I became aware of a newish political party called "informed medical options party".

Pleased to say they only got 533 votes in my electorate which was 1.4% of the vote. I'm guessing 1.4% of an electorate over there would be a great many more people.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ThickScentedAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
In a while, crocodile.
Ok so I am winning tonight because I saw four out of five planets IN SPITE OF A BIT OF CLOUD COVER, and I also had a smallish, impromptu get together with a few women I know, and we sat around the fire pit and listened to Dream Weaver by Gary Wright and looked at planets and I even had FREAKING BINOCULARS so yes, we won tonight. But tomorrow is another day. And now we have to all be in bed by 10 pm so there's that.

Oh and wine - we had wine. AND chocolate. So yes, totally winning.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Today I am riding out to Ennis, TX to see bluebonnets with some friends. That's AFTER lots of coffee and the gym. Winning!