• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ap6FgbFybrEI.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We'd booked for a covid booster today. Phoned the nurse, told her of our problem, no problem she said, wear a mask. So we had our 6th jab.

ChristineM

Premium Member
We've only had 5. Our medical consultants have not recommended another one (yet).
We had our first early on, we were both in the almost high risk category, not first in the queue but before the general population, then every 6 months.

No consultant, France gave out a very handy app, store your vaccination certificates, show status of vaccinations and covid infection, locally and nationally, notify you when a vaccination is due, find vacation centres close by, book a vaccination.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We had our first early on, we were both in the almost high risk category, not first in the queue but before the general population, then every 6 months.

No consultant, France gave out a very handy app, store your vaccination certificates, show status of vaccinations and covid infection, locally and nationally, notify you when a vaccination is due, find vacation centres close by, book a vaccination.

I have downloaded/installed on phone a list of my vaccinations. And an app that is supposed to trigger when someone has COVID near me but people are not using that app AFAIK.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I have downloaded/installed on phone a list of my vaccinations. And an app that is supposed to trigger when someone has COVID near me but people are not using that app AFAIK.

Yup, this did the same, it gave tour phone number (encoded) to anyone who is within Bluetooth range for a few minutes. If they were diagnosed with covid they told the app that messages all the number's asking that you get tested. I forgot that feature because they don't use it any more.

For the app to work it needs to be a national (or at least state,) thing and america is to fragmented for that

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yup, this did the same, it gave tour phone number (encoded) to anyone who is within Bluetooth range for a few minutes. If they were diagnosed with covid they told the app that messages all the number's asking that you get tested. I forgot that feature because they don't use it any more

Everything about covid has been forgotten. Don't even have to isolate now if you have it here. Might be the reason why my son in law and neighbours just tested positive

ChristineM

Premium Member
Home visits! Extraordinary.

They (nurses) are just a phone call away. Getting a doctor out is another matter

Its quite isolated here with a high proportion of elderly peeps. Mobile nurses are essential for changing nappies, cleaning and dressing wounds taking blood tests, hospital after care etc

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Everything about covid has been forgotten. Don't even have to isolate now if you have it here. Might be the reason why my son in law and neighbours just tested positive
Too many of us have not learned our lesson here. There are probably multiple reasons, but Australia has a higher reported per capita case count than the US (I said reported because a lot of people that had covid here never reported it) but we have a much higher per capita death rate from covid. I think that there are two main reasons. One, Australia is isolated. One cannot drive there. And you guys reacted hard to it at the onset. You were able to control it until vaccines were developed. At least better than we were able to. Second, we have a lot of foolish people here that due to political beliefs have decided that the vaccines don't work. At least for the US it is a disease that may have raised intelligence. Our per capita covid death rate is over four times greater than yours even though your per capita reported case rate is one and a third times higher:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
both winning and losing today: winning because I didn't test covid-positive; losing by my wife testing positive. I've still got a couple of days before I'm in the clear, so tests tomorrow and thursday. Means son and granddaughter might also be exposed...so tests for them...