• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
If anyone can accurately tell me the difference if I "Transcode ANC/VBI packets" using the MXF OP1a format and the XDCAMHD 50 NTSC (4:2:2) video codec, that person will win. This is especially true if they can knowledgeably advise me if I should force fixed-length and/or closed GOPs.
They may not be the same. Sorry I cannot advise you on the specifics, but I did find a reference to the two specifications.
ANC/VBI correspond to SMPTE 379M link ancvbi
XDCAMHD 50 corresponds to SMPTE 378M-2004 mxfop1a
Are you using Premiere?
This looks promising, last entry: MXF OP1a export with XDCAM HD 422 1080i50 codec | Adobe Community

Daemon Sophic

If anyone can accurately tell me the difference if I "Transcode ANC/VBI packets" using the MXF OP1a format and the XDCAMHD 50 NTSC (4:2:2) video codec, that person will win. This is especially true if they can knowledgeably advise me if I should force fixed-length and/or closed GOPs.
If you can “fix” and/or close the GOP, then you beautiful puppy are surely the winner.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They may not be the same. Sorry I cannot advise you on the specifics, but I did find a reference to the two specifications.
ANC/VBI correspond to SMPTE 379M link ancvbi
XDCAMHD 50 corresponds to SMPTE 378M-2004 mxfop1a
Are you using Premiere?
This looks promising, last entry: MXF OP1a export with XDCAM HD 422 1080i50 codec | Adobe Community
You win.

I'm trying to learn Adobe Media Encoder that comes with Premiere. We're trying to transcode ProRes and other video files into jpeg2000 for the archive and to ensure that we can transcode jpeg2000 into something the three big video editor programs support today in a lossless fashion. We're testing a third party product Comprimato UltraPIX for jpeg2000 mathematical lossless and we're trying to prove it really is lossless.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Lets see if I can get that Fetid Scot to understand

Ah win coz Ah jist posted ye mingin' fool hearin' challenged scot.

Wu Wei

Cereal sounds good...... now to find some campers having cereal for breakfast..... oh...ad I win too

01AS-MCEG.jpg

Nope...no cereal here

Wu Wei

No.... I do however think I will win and also hope to get others to see the error of their ways and turn to Tea

A16wiLWC08L._SL1500_.jpg

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
What is there to say about a man who marries a China gal but likes Japanese food? Is he trying to get himself killed?