• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
b8588ef924e85de438c1eab07897e64d.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I present CAT GPT. CatGPT

I asked it:

What is a cat's favorite activity?

It responded

cat.gif

Meow. Meow meow meow. Meow, meow meow meow meow, meow. Meow meow, meow meow meow. Meow meow. Meow meow, meow. Meow meow, meow meow. Meow meow meow. Meow meow meow meow. Meow.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Winning by buying a 2000w pure sine wave
inverter on ebay for Mr Van.
Even when not moochdocking, I'll be able to
enjoy toast & microwaved delicacies.

What! I've always assumed your road trips were like an episode of Naked and Afraid but it turns out you're just another sissy.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As spoken in English, if your ancestors had thought to take a dictionary with them then this problem wouldn't exist

I don't think they had standardized dictionaries back then. The standardization for both British English and American English took place after the Revolution. Prior to that, language and spelling were mainly regional.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't think they had standardized dictionaries back then. The standardization for both British English and American English took place after the Revolution. Prior to that, language and spelling were mainly regional.

The first half decent English dictionary was published in 1604, a few years before the first colony was founded in what is now the US. There were a couple of forerunners that are not really classed as dictionaries. So, yes the first settlers could have taken a dictionary. Similarest but differenteth languageth back then thoughest

Last edited: