• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thick limbs far overhead & pole saws are
a tiring combination. Worked on one yesterday
for a couple hundred strokes. Got about 1/3
thru. Perhaps today will find success.
I'll wait til it gets over 10F.

How about climbing the tree to do it?
113677733-a-man-is-sawing-off-the-branch-he-is-sitting-on.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Don't have a cherry picker.
So I'll just soldier on with me 21' pole saw.

A few years ago a large limb, (Black Locust) that was way above the reach of a pole saw. I wanted to call someone to cut it, but Mrs Wu argued with me and insisted I cold do it. So I went in the garage, got the extension ladder, put it waaaaaay up to reach the limb. Then grabbed my saw and started up the ladder....half way up Mrs Wu is yelling, "Get down, get down, stop, don't go any higher, come back down" so I stopped, climbed back down, put the saw and ladder away, and went it and called a tree guy. Been calling a tree guy ever since.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A few years ago a large limb, (Black Locust) that was way above the reach of a pole saw. I wanted to call someone to cut it, but Mrs Wu argued with me and insisted I cold do it. So I went in the garage, got the extension ladder, put it waaaaaay up to reach the limb. Then grabbed my saw and started up the ladder....half way up Mrs Wu is yelling, "Get down, get down, stop, don't go any higher, come back down" so I stopped, climbed back down, put the saw and ladder away, and went it and called a tree guy. Been calling a tree guy ever since.
I hire tree guys for such things too.
It's a profession that's one of the most dangerous (far
more dangerous than being a cop) even for professionals.
So this amateur isn't going to tackle such jobs.

Wu Wei

I hire tree guys for such things too.
It's a profession that's one of the most dangerous (far
more dangerous than being a cop) even for professionals.
So this amateur isn't going to tackle such jobs.

I use to work a tree farm in the Allegheny Mountains..... but we cut trees down, and cut trees up that were blocking access....we did not cut limbs off trees. And I STILL had a ding dang tree jump me....you can never trust a tree

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I use to work a tree farm in the Allegheny Mountains..... but we cut trees down, and cut trees up that were blocking access....we did not cut limbs off trees. And I STILL had a ding dang tree jump me....you can never trust a tree
I once had a tree try to attack Mr Truck.
It fell into the road right in front of me as I headed down the road.
Fortunately, trees are poor judges of speed & distance, so I had
enuf time to brake. No damage. But I got my revenge. I cut it
up, & moved it off the road.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
If it weighs as much as a witch and floats like a duck, it's a tree. Burn the tree.

Wu Wei

I once had a tree try to attack Mr Truck.
It fell into the road right in front of me as I headed down the road.
Fortunately, trees are poor judges of speed & distance, so I had
enuf time to brake. No damage. But I got my revenge. I cut it
up, & moved it off the road.

Well I was trapped n a ledge, it had me cornered, I had no place to go.....

Wu Wei

Are you still there?

No, after it hit me, I pushed it away, got down off the ledge....went back to the cabin.....went to sleep...and woke up the next day and could not feel one of my feet...but I got better....and the tree well...it was TORN APART with EXTREME prejudice