• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I win because I realized I don't really care about most of the threads in my alerts, so I just ignored them. But because I came up with a great idea for another writing project to market. And I hope I anger and upset people with it because I love life and don't shame it and love Hunter S Thompson, who also loved living. A lot. He was indeed very well used up when he went to the grave, and oh boy did he have a ride.
And I also win because California is clearly rubbing off on me, and the "aura" about me has changed enough that people in many states are recognizing me as being from California by sight.
I because I felt a good feeling, not sure what to call it (something along the lines of group identity, but of a very lesser type), when I got closer to see all the California license plates and knowing we're all going home.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I win because I realized I don't really care about most of the threads in my alerts, so I just ignored them. But because I came up with a great idea for another writing project to market. And I hope I anger and upset people with it because I love life and don't shame it and love Hunter S Thompson, who also loved living. A lot. He was indeed very well used up when he went to the grave, and oh boy did he have a ride.
And I also win because California is clearly rubbing off on me, and the "aura" about me has changed enough that people in many states are recognizing me as being from California by sight.
I because I felt a good feeling, not sure what to call it (something along the lines of group identity, but of a very lesser type), when I got closer to see all the California license plates and knowing we're all going home.
It is very satisfying to feel that one is going home where we belong.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is very satisfying to feel that one is going home where we belong.
Especially when you've never had that before. I think I can safely assume I'll never again hear someone tell me to leave the state. In an angry or encouraging way. California has done such wonders for me that apparently my brother hasn't quit talking about it and his transgender friend is wanting to move here so she too can live a life of peace and happiness.
And it's also great to be so easily associated with people who you feel you belong with and fit in with. Couldn't get away with it in California based on how I talk, but in the eight other states I was in over the past bunches of hours I didn't even mention my having anything to do with the Ozarks, Missouri, MidWest, or Indiana. At a gas station in the gorgeous and green part of Arizona I didn't even have to say anything. He knew I was going home and mentioned I don't have much longer to go.
My mom, though, she does say "they ruined you" when she hears me call a highway the 5, or the 99, or the 68, but as I tell her it's all I hear them called. When people are helping you learn them, it just seems a part of learning "the" as a part of the name of the freeway. She says the same thing to one of her nieces who moved here a few years ago.