• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
on poetry I write a lot of it:
The poem is powerful.

But I'm going to give you one unsolicited piece of advice. I've taken many years of acting classes including a lot of time spent learning how to read poetry. I missed some of the words in that video because of how they were spoken. Alternatively the text of the poem could be in YouTube.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
The poem is powerful.

But I'm going to give you one unsolicited piece of advice. I've taken many years of acting classes including a lot of time spent learning how to read poetry. I missed some of the words in that video because of how they were spoken. Alternatively the text of the poem could be in YouTube.
I can't figure out how to do subtitles...If anyone can help me figure that out please do

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I write poetry but almost none of it rhymes
We have had some limerick and other poetic duels here. I've even saved a few just for the heck of it. Such as these:

Shall we limit this to those who rhyme.
And give the rest a very hard time
creating a mountain too hard to climb?
I think that might feel very sublime.

I summoned a monster no doubt
in this thread to shamble about.
If food it begs
protect your legs
Or upon your fate you will pout.

All of you fume and spout
and your wins loudly tout
my win I set free
for all you to see
to quench any remaining doubt.

We've driven off all lesser mortals
with gales and gales of chortles
now if any here stray
we'll keep them at bay
with fingers polished poetic portals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just wanted to repeat that in case some anti-California bigots missed it somehow.
I don't think it's just the anti-Californiastan bigots, but even native Californians are befuddled when I tell them I'm paying less taxes here because it's been they think everyone here pays a massive chunk of their taxes. About $40,000/year I'll definitely be paying more, but my chances of making that much in Indiana are pathetically abysmal, but I've been assured that I can ask for about that much starting out here even at my level. And unless California taxes me at about 50% I'll still have more money in my pocket even after paying more in taxes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm winning or losing depending on perspective. Friends and family in Indiana think I'm loosing because I've hit a point where it just sounds like the highways 5, 99, 65, 405, and so on should have "the" in front of them, but this means to the California Borg Assimilating Machine Thingy there is a pending win on the horizon as it receives reinforcement to the idea that resistance is futile.
But "the 31" or "the 18" or "the 26" or "the 69 to the 469" (Indiana roads) just sounds dumb and won't be happening. So ultimately I win because resistance is not futile, especially because I still very much walk around the city like a MidWesterner who believes Frogger is a game you go out and play for real on the road, very much unlike the native Californians who very obediently obey traffic signs while walking around and are still standing on one corner waiting for the light to change long after I've crossed two lanes and on my way.