• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The kingdom of God.

Caprice

jewscout said:
G-d willing,
Just curious, you wouldn't happen to be willing to explain the significance of the hyphen rather than just writing the word out would ya? I've seen this in a few places but never understood it. :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Caprice said:
Just curious, you wouldn't happen to be willing to explain the significance of the hyphen rather than just writing the word out would ya? I've seen this in a few places but never understood it. :)
Deut. 12:3 is a prohibition against erasing the name of G-d, so some, just to be safe, write it w/ the dash so that they never write His name out to be inadvertantly erased or destroyed...
http://www.jewfaq.org/name.htm#Writing

Lloyd

the world order of Baha'u'llah

a global social, political, and spiritual arrangement ordered around the teachings of Baha'u'llah in which all the earth becomes one human family united under the teachings of God, the Father of that family

I think that's the shortest synopsis of the Baha'i faith that I've ever composed.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I found a book on the topic:
KGP.jpg