• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kingdom Come

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Jeremiah of course we know wrote before the first century when God was with the fleshly-national Nation of Israel.
I find Jesus teaches that the national nation, the religious 'House of Israel ' was abandoned by God - Matthew 23:38.
That the new 'House of God' would be a 'Spiritual Israel' as per Romans 2:28-29.
A new 'spiritual nation' as mentioned at 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Peter 2:5 and be comprised of the Christian congregation.
No longer would 'earthly Jerusalem' be the seat of government, but now 'heavenly Jerusalem'- Galatians 4:26.
So, since Pentecost the 'House of Israel', the 'Israel of God', is a spiritual House of Worship, a Spiritual Nation with No boundaries nor boarders and Not found located on any map.- Galatians 6:16
Thus, Jeremiah was also prophetic of that new nation of Spiritual Israel, the Christian congregation.
I agree. Thank you for pointing this out.

I think Yisrael (Infinite Ministers of G-d) in this verse may be understood to be anyone who has the "Teachings inscribed on their heart"; anyone, at anytime, no borders, no boundries.

Last edited:

ManSinha

Could you please show here one example, it would be more beneficial for debate here? If I just read the text that most probably has nothing meaningful to offer, I don’t think it is as useful as if you show one example (the best one) and then we continue from that.

Read this

Also I do not have to give you specific examples - I am talking about the idea of human bias - the articles support it - it is known as evidence by inference

Is there bias introduced in translation - yes
Has the content of the Bible been translated - yes

Then

Is there a possibility that there is bias in the current version and content of the Bible - yes

sooda

Veteran Member
This link goes into detail about the difference in Roman Time and Jewish Time and why John was writing to a Gentile audience.

excerpt:
The word "Passover" has a wide connotation. In the New Testament it sometimes refers to Preparation Day, when they prepared the sacrifice and the meal for Passover (Luke 22:7), or it could refer to the actual day they ate the Passover feast (Mark 14:1,2), or it could also be referring to the Feast of Unleavened Bread which started on the same day as the Passover Feast (Mark 14:1,2).

The term "Passover" can also refer to the entire "season" of Passover which can include every event from Nisan 10 (when the Lambs were selected) through the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and clear up to Nisan 21 which was the last day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread[4]. This is similar to the way Christians refer to the Christmas holiday when the word for Christmas can mean the whole two weeks from Christmas Eve to the New Years holiday.

What Day of the Week Was Christ Crucified?

The Anointed

This link goes into detail about the difference in Roman Time and Jewish Time and why John was writing to a Gentile audience.

excerpt:
The word "Passover" has a wide connotation. In the New Testament it sometimes refers to Preparation Day, when they prepared the sacrifice and the meal for Passover (Luke 22:7), or it could refer to the actual day they ate the Passover feast (Mark 14:1,2), or it could also be referring to the Feast of Unleavened Bread which started on the same day as the Passover Feast (Mark 14:1,2).

The term "Passover" can also refer to the entire "season" of Passover which can include every event from Nisan 10 (when the Lambs were selected) through the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and clear up to Nisan 21 which was the last day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread[4]. This is similar to the way Christians refer to the Christmas holiday when the word for Christmas can mean the whole two weeks from Christmas Eve to the New Years holiday.

What Day of the Week Was Christ Crucified?

Except for the fact that the festival of Passover was a one day festival, which was followed by the seven day festival of unleavened Bread, which festival began of the 15th day of the first month, which can fall on any day of the week, and the first and seventh day of the festival of unleavened bread, irrelevant as to the day of the week that they fall on are both Sabbath days on which no work can be performed.

sooda

Veteran Member
Except for the fact that the festival of Passover was a one day festival, which was followed by the seven day festival of unleavened Bread, which festival began of the 15th day of the first month, which can fall on any day of the week, and the first and seventh day of the festival of unleavened bread, irrelevant as to the day of the week that they fall on are both Sabbath days on which no work can be performed.

Passover is April 19th this year.. and its on Friday ..

2ndpillar

Passover was not a "Sabbath day", except when it falls on the 7th day of the week. The first day of the Feast of unleavened Bread was a high holy Sabbath. Passover is known as a day of preparation. The day when the lamb is sacrificed and prepared. It is the celebration of Israel coming out of Egypt after 430 years of captivity. "No foreigner is to eat of it" (Exodus 12:43).

Leviticus 23:5-7 5 The LORD's Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD's Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.

sooda

Veteran Member
Passover was not a "Sabbath day", except when it falls on the 7th day of the week. The first day of the Feast of unleavened Bread was a high holy Sabbath. Passover is known as a day of preparation. The day when the lamb is sacrificed and prepared. It is the celebration of Israel coming out of Egypt after 430 years of captivity. "No foreigner is to eat of it" (Exodus 12:43).

Leviticus 23:5-7 5 The LORD's Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD's Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.

Haven't you been reading this thread?

2ndpillar

Jeremiah of course we know wrote before the first century when God was with the fleshly-national Nation of Israel.
I find Jesus teaches that the national nation, the religious 'House of Israel ' was abandoned by God - Matthew 23:38.
That the new 'House of God' would be a 'Spiritual Israel' as per Romans 2:28-29.
A new 'spiritual nation' as mentioned at 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Peter 2:5 and be comprised of the Christian congregation.
No longer would 'earthly Jerusalem' be the seat of government, but now 'heavenly Jerusalem'- Galatians 4:26.
So, since Pentecost the 'House of Israel', the 'Israel of God', is a spiritual House of Worship, a Spiritual Nation with No boundaries nor boarders and Not found located on any map.- Galatians 6:16
Thus, Jeremiah was also prophetic of that new nation of Spiritual Israel, the Christian congregation.

Your "Christian congregation" would be the "adulteress" who was bought for the equivalence of 30 pieces of silver (Hosea 3), who would remain for "many days" (Hosea 3:4) until the "sons of Israel return" (Hosea 3:5). The period of time in which the LORD says "I will go away and return to my place until they acknowledge their guilt" (Hosea 5:15), would be "after two days"/2000 years. Your false prophet Paul, and his letter to the Romans, preaches that one keeps the law of sin with their flesh (Romans 7:25). After Har-Magedon (Revelation 16:16-23) & (Joel 3:2) & (Zechariah 14), also known as the valley of judgment for the nations, the nations/Gentiles will be ruled from Jerusalem, where "it will come about that any who are left of the nations" will come every year to "worship the king".. "and to celebrate the Feast of Booths" (Zechariah 14:16).

sooda

Veteran Member
Your "Christian congregation" would be the "adulteress" who was bought for the equivalence of 30 pieces of silver (Hosea 3), who would remain for "many days" (Hosea 3:4) until the "sons of Israel return" (Hosea 3:5). The period of time in which the LORD says "I will go away and return to my place until they acknowledge their guilt" (Hosea 5:15), would be "after two days"/2000 years. Your false prophet Paul, and his letter to the Romans, preaches that one keeps the law of sin with their flesh (Romans 7:25). After Har-Magedon (Revelation 16:16-23) & (Joel 3:2) & (Zechariah 14), also known as the valley of judgment for the nations, the nations/Gentiles will be ruled from Jerusalem, where "it will come about that any who are left of the nations" will come every year to "worship the king".. "and to celebrate the Feast of Booths" (Zechariah 14:16).

Dear God, Hosea is talking about Israel.. How could you screw that up?

Hosea 11:1 which states, “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.” Verse 2 of Hosea 11 goes on to say, “But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me.”

2ndpillar

Dear God, Hosea is talking about Israel.. How could you screw that up?

Hosea 11:1 which states, “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.” Verse 2 of Hosea 11 goes on to say, “But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me.”

Hosea 3 is about the "adulteress" who was bought as a substitute for the "sons of Israel", for "many days", until the "sons of Israel return". Hosea 5 is about "Judah" and "Ephraim" (house of Israel) (Hosea 5:1 & 3 & 10). Hosea 6:2 is about when "He will raise us up on the third day". Per Hosea 5:15, "I will go away... until they acknowledge their guilt". He is still away, and their (Judah and Ephraim) guilt remains.

1Then the LORD said to me, “Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes.” 2So I bought her for myself for fifteen shekels of silver and a homer and a half of barley. 3Then I said to her, “You shall stay with me for many days. You shall not play the harlot, nor shall you have a man; so I will also be toward you.” 4For the sons of Israel will remain for many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar and without ephod or household idols. 5 Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.

sooda

Veteran Member
Hosea 3 is about the "adulteress" who was bought as a substitute for the "sons of Israel", for "many days", until the "sons of Israel return". Hosea 5 is about "Judah" and "Ephraim" (house of Israel) (Hosea 5:1 & 3 & 10). Hosea 6:2 is about when "He will raise us up on the third day". Per Hosea 5:15, "I will go away... until they acknowledge their guilt". He is still away, and their (Judah and Ephraim) guilt remains.

1Then the LORD said to me, “Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes.” 2So I bought her for myself for fifteen shekels of silver and a homer and a half of barley. 3Then I said to her, “You shall stay with me for many days. You shall not play the harlot, nor shall you have a man; so I will also be toward you.” 4For the sons of Israel will remain for many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar and without ephod or household idols. 5 Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.

Read Hosea 4

God’s Charge Against Israel
4 Hear the word of the Lord,
You children of Israel,
For the Lord brings a A)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-22135A">chargea]' data-fn="#fen-NKJV-22135a">[a] against the inhabitants of the land:

“There is no truth or mercy
Or B)' data-cr="#cen-NKJV-22135B">knowledge of God in the land.
2 By swearing and lying,
Killing and stealing and committing adultery,
They break all restraint,

Hosea is talking about Israel the whole chapter. What sort of church has taught you otherwise?

Bible Gateway passage: Hosea 4 - New King James Version

2ndpillar

Haven't you been reading this thread?

Unlike apparently yourself, others might want to know the actually facts. Your words are not written on stone, as you apparently perceive, but others often can acknowledge their mistakes, and are grateful not to continue on wearing no clothes. I am not sure what world you live in, but it has connotations of partial Preterist, with a love of the false prophet Paul, a hatred of Jews, and an trend towards being an apologist for Muslims. That road is broad, and apparently carries "many" (Matthew 7:13).

2ndpillar

I wasn't quoting Hosea 4. I was quoting Hosea 3 & 5 & 6.

Hosea 5:3 "For now, O Ephraim, you have played the harlot"
Hosea 5:14 "and like a young lion to the house of Judah"

Hosea 4 is about "Israel" playing the "harlot". You seem to be myopic in your reading comprehension. If you want to know about the split between the "Ephraim" (house of Israel) and "Judah", go to Ezekiel 37. If you want to know about the "adulteress", the Gentile church/flock, "doomed for slaughter" go to Zechariah 11:7. Israel was a harlot, but Hosea in Hosea 3, purchased a married woman, an "adulteress", the wife of another, the prince of the Gentiles, the prince of Greece (Daniel 10:20).

sooda

Veteran Member
I wasn't quoting Hosea 4. I was quoting Hosea 3 & 5 & 6.

Hosea 5:3 "For now, O Ephraim, you have played the harlot"
Hosea 5:14 "and like a young lion to the house of Judah"

Hosea 4 is about "Israel" playing the "harlot". You seem to be myopic in your reading comprehension. If you want to know about the split between the "Ephraim" (house of Israel) and "Judah", go to Ezekiel 37. If you want to know about the "adulteress", the Gentile church/flock, "doomed for slaughter" go to Zechariah 11:7. Israel was a harlot, but Hosea in Hosea 3, purchased a married woman, an "adulteress", the wife of another, the prince of the Gentiles, the prince of Greece (Daniel 10:20).

Hosea is all about Israel not the gentiles.

FIFTH VISION — Daniel 10,11,12 — 535 BC in the third year of Cyrus king of Persia.

In chapter 10, an angel came to Daniel while he was fasting for three weeks. The angel shows Daniel the wars and succession of kings in the Persian, Greek and Roman Empires (Daniel 11) and the time period from the coming of Messiah to the reign of Vespasian and the Great Tribulation from AD 67 to 70 (Daniel 12).

Daniel is NOT the author of the Book of Daniel.

2ndpillar

Hosea is all about Israel not the gentiles.

There is no reunited Israel at this time (Ezekiel 37). All there is since 1967 is a revived "Judah" and "Jerusalem" (Joel 3:1). The "house of Israel" is "scattered among the nations" /Gentiles(Ezekiel 36:17 & 19). In the "two day" (2000 year) interval, when "I will go away and return to my place" (Hosea 5:14), you will have the "flock doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7) set in place, which is the Gentile church, the church of the false prophet Paul, the church of the tares (Matthew 13), the church of the "dragon" who has made war with those "who keep the commandments of God, and hold to the testimony of Jesus" (Revelation 12:17). Hosea 6:2 describes when Judah and Ephraim will be revived. Until then, the "adulteress", will stay in place, "many days" (Hosea 3:3). Hosea is about the restoration of Israel, which would include Judah and Ephraim, and in the meantime, you have the Gentile church proudly displaying her lawlessness (Romans 7:6 & 25). The day of Babylon and her harlot daughters is coming to an end, whereas she will fall (Matthew 7:27), and all those hanging onto her leaders, such as the pope, will be "cut off" (Isaiah 22:25). As for the writer of Daniel, he specified that the Jews had their prince, Michael, and the Gentiles (Greeks), had their prince. Right now the Greeks/Gentiles, are claiming the promises given to the Jews, while remaining of the world. It is a twisted path they travel, and the end is not good. They have become gods in their own sight, and think they "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), but be twinkled onto a star.

sooda

Veteran Member
There is no reunited Israel at this time (Ezekiel 37). All there is since 1967 is a revived "Judah" and "Jerusalem" (Joel 3:1). The "house of Israel" is "scattered among the nations" /Gentiles(Ezekiel 36:17 & 19). In the "two day" (2000 year) interval, when "I will go away and return to my place" (Hosea 5:14), you will have the "flock doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7) set in place, which is the Gentile church, the church of the false prophet Paul, the church of the tares (Matthew 13), the church of the "dragon" who has made war with those "who keep the commandments of God, and hold to the testimony of Jesus" (Revelation 12:17). Hosea 6:2 describes when Judah and Ephraim will be revived. Until then, the "adulteress", will stay in place, "many days" (Hosea 3:3).

Hosea is about the restoration of Israel, which would include Judah and Ephraim, and in the meantime, you have the Gentile church proudly displaying her lawlessness (Romans 7:6 & 25).

The day of Babylon and her harlot daughters is coming to an end, whereas she will fall (Matthew 7:27), and all those hanging onto her leaders, such as the pope, will be "cut off" (Isaiah 22:25).

As for the writer of Daniel, he specified that the Jews had their prince, Michael, and the Gentiles (Greeks), had their prince. Right now the Greeks/Gentiles, are claiming the promises given to the Jews, while remaining of the world. It is a twisted path they travel, and the end is not good. They have become gods in their own sight, and think they "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), but be twinkled onto a star.

There was no Gentile Church in the time of Hosea... and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Pope.

Are you getting this crap from Hal Lindsey or some other charlatan?

Hosea was a prophet who lived and prophesied just before the destruction of Israel in 722 BC. He preached to the northern kingdom. Throughout the book you will see that he refers to Israel and Ephraim.

sooda

Veteran Member

God forced Hosea to marry Gomer, a prostitute.

2ndpillar

There was no Gentile Church in the time of Hosea... and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Pope.

Are you getting this crap from Hal Lindsey or some other charlatan?

Hosea was a prophet who lived and prophesied just before the destruction of Israel in 722 BC. He preached to the northern kingdom. Throughout the book you will see that he refers to Israel and Ephraim.

Wrong again. The house of Israel is Ephraim, and the house of Judah is Judah. Hosea 5 is about the house of Israel and Judah, which together make up Israel. Judah is referred to as "the princes of Judah have become like those who move a boundary" (Hosea 5:10), and Ephraim as "you have played the harlot" (Hosea 5:3). As for the "pope" he is considered by around 1.2 billion sheep as the head of their flock, the flock/Gentile church doomed for slaughter (Zechariah 11:7). The pope is referred to in Isaiah 22:25 as the guy holding the "key of the house of David" (Isaiah 22:22), who will "in that day" "fall" and all who are hanging onto him will be "cut off". The Gentile church is portraying itself as the spiritual Israel, with the pope declaring himself Christ on earth, who can speak for God (ex cathedra). According to Isaiah 22:25, the pope, the holder of that key, will "fall". That flock will ultimately fall per Matthew 7:23 because they have built their house on the sand foundation of following Peter/pope and Paul, and not by heeding the testimony of Yeshua. That flock/church is represented by the "adulteress" of Hosea 3, who will "stay with me for many days", "until the sons of Israel return". Hosea 3:5 is not prophesizing about his time, for the "sons of Israel" did not "return" and "come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days". Hosea is prophesizing about the "last days", the days we are approaching and in now, not the days in which Hosea lived. You won't find answers in your strawman files. Those files will only be a fire hazard, should one of your strawmen catch fire.

sooda

Veteran Member
Wrong again. The house of Israel is Ephraim, and the house of Judah is Judah. Hosea 5 is about the house of Israel and Judah, which together make up Israel. Judah is referred to as "the princes of Judah have become like those who move a boundary" (Hosea 5:10), and Ephraim as "you have played the harlot" (Hosea 5:3). As for the "pope" he is considered by around 1.2 billion sheep as the head of their flock, the flock/Gentile church doomed for slaughter (Zechariah 11:7). The pope is referred to in Isaiah 22:25 as the guy holding the "key of the house of David" (Isaiah 22:22), who will "in that day" "fall" and all who are hanging onto him will be "cut off". The Gentile church is portraying itself as the spiritual Israel, with the pope declaring himself Christ on earth, who can speak for God (ex cathedra). According to Isaiah 22:25, the pope, the holder of that key, will "fall". That flock will ultimately fall per Matthew 7:23 because they have built their house on the sand foundation of following Peter/pope and Paul, and not by heeding the testimony of Yeshua. That flock/church is represented by the "adulteress" of Hosea 3, who will "stay with me for many days", "until the sons of Israel return". Hosea 3:5 is not prophesizing about his time, for the "sons of Israel" did not "return" and "come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days". Hosea is prophesizing about the "last days", the days we are approaching and in now, not the days in which Hosea lived. You won't find answers in your strawman files. Those files will only be a fire hazard, should one of your strawmen catch fire.

Who is teaching that Isaiah is talking about the Catholic Church?