• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It is one of those days when nothing seems to be going right. You are in a horrible mood for no reason at all. As you scamper across the street to reach your home, you drop your important paperwork on the road. Utterly agitated, you try to gather the loose sheets of papers that have come undone from a file and then a complete stranger lends you a helping hand. You both get up, the file tucked safely in your arm, and you thank them. They give you a warm smile and disappear into the crowd. Suddenly, the world doesn’t seem such a bad place.

Random acts of kindness can lift up anyone’s spirits, and you hold the power to make someone’s day with some small but selfless acts. How about you try some of these ideas and put on a bright smile on a few faces.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Kindness Boosters

Kindness is a trait all happy people possess. Studies have shown that happiness and kindness go hand in hand and complement each other (Aknin, Dunn, & Norton, 2012).

Positive psychology interventions focusing on compassion can be simple acts like buying someone a small token of love, volunteering for a noble cause, donating something, or helping a stranger in need. Kindness reinforces happiness and positivity.

An example of a related PPI is ‘prosocial spending’. The activity includes willingly buying something for someone as a gesture of goodwill. It can be anything like taking your spouse out for a romantic dinner at your favorite place, giving your child the toy he/she has been asking for, or buying a meal to the homeless person you see every day at the bus stop.

It is not about how much money you spend. The goal of kindness activities is to promote happiness through such altruistic and selfless contentment (Howell, Pchelin, & Iyer, 2012).

Comes from this page -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Why does kindness matter so much? Because kindness is the only real way to change the world for the better. For example, I can give you $20, and you can use that to buy one meal. Certainly, that is a nice gesture.

But what if I encourage you? What if I take the time to specifically identify your gifts and talents? What if I explain to you that you have the ability to do great things with your life? Then my kindness potentially has changed your life.

Kindness is powerful. In fact, being kind is the most important thing that we do in life.

Below are ways to start incorporating kindness into your daily life. If you make kind acts part of your daily routine, you’ll end up being someone who changes the world in the most beautiful way.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Be wise enough to know that kindness should come before everything else."

“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

“If we are asking for the world to be kind, we must first ask what are we doing to add more kindness to the world. If we are asking for the world to be more loving, we must first ask what are we doing to add more love to the world. We are the vessels for the things we seek.”

Joél Leon

www.goodgoodgood.co

88 Best Quotes About Kindness To Make the World Better

Kindness asks us to extend our approach beyond niceties and good manners, and into transformative action, compassionate and intentional inclusion, and empowering solutions.
www.goodgoodgood.co
www.goodgoodgood.co

family.lovetoknow.com

Be Kind: 40+ Quotes on the Power of Compassion | LoveToKnow

Here are 40 ‘be kind’ quotes to remind you that there is great power in treating others nicely. Read through these sayings to find your compassionate side.
family.lovetoknow.com
family.lovetoknow.com

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Huge list of kids books for being kind towards your fellow man (or woman!)

Looks a huge site - can also try this -

Wishing all kids of any age an enjoyable day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“All day long we are, in some degree helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all of our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics.”

C. S. Lewis

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hundreds more! ->

"Kindness is more than deeds. It is anything that lifts another person."

C. Neil Strait

"Kindness is not a nice-to-have, it’s a must-have – for ourselves and for others."

Cynthia Germanotta

"Kindness is showing love to someone else. I believe that kindness is the cure to violence and hatred around the world."

Lady Gaga

"Kindness is tenderness. Kindness is love, but perhaps greater than love. Kindness is good will. Kindness says, I want you to be happy."

Randolph Ray

"Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations."

Paramahansa Yogananda

"Kindness is your soul’s basic nature, acknowledge it and be kind."

Invajy

"Kindness pardons others’ weaknesses and faults. Kindness is extended to all to the aged and the young, to animals, to those low of station as well as the high."

Ezra Taft Benson

All come from this huge site -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotes about helping others {good reads}

“I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”

Charles de Lint

“Good works is giving to the poor and the helpless, but divine works is showing them their worth to the One who matters.”

Criss Jami

“It's not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.”

Leo Buscaglia

“Remember this. Hold on to this. This is the only perfection there is, the perfection of helping others. This is the only thing we can do that has any lasting meaning. This is why we're here. To make each other feel safe.”

Andre Agassi

“Give freely to the world these gifts of love and compassion. Do not concern yourself with how much you receive in return, just know in your heart it will be returned.”

Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The next time you want to withhold your help, or your love, or your support for another for whatever the reason, ask yourself a simple question: do the reasons you want to withhold it reflect more on them or on you? And which reasons do you want defining you forevermore?”

Dan Pearce

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Acts of Kindness for Kids

It’s pretty simple! When you practice kindness, YOU change for the better, AND so does our world!

And here’s the best part:

Kindness is completely free!

But did you know that while kindness is one of the most powerful character traits, 80% of middle schoolers ranked personal success as more important than kindness?

According to parentingkindkids.com, 80% of kids also think their parents rank personal success as more important than caring for others.

But despite this, of course, we all want to raise caring kids. And we all want to be kind ourselves.

For the full piece -

All the best!