• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Huffington Post kindness - several?-

I use a particular formula — a three-person process — for committing my good deeds. I choose a retail business, find an employee who doesn’t look too busy, and pop the question: “Would you help me do an act of kindness?”

Then I hold out a $10 bill (any small but meaningful amount will do) and ask the individual to choose a customer that day to receive a discount on their purchases. It’s a twist on the typical random acts of kindness, which usually involve just two parties. I’ve found adding an element of purpose multiplies the reach and the good feelings that ensue. It’s a win-win-win.

I Do Random Acts Of Kindness To Brighten Strangers' Lives — But There's A Twist

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Help Kids Develop Kindness

Today, judging others seems to be an activity practiced by far too many people. It’s all too easy to post comments about other people, whether they’re celebrities or ordinary, everyday citizens. Unkindness isn't new; humans have been cruel to each other for thousands of years. But today the ease, speed, and anonymity with which people can pass judgments and criticism onto others is unprecedented. Kids who are at the forefront of tech and social networking are learning from what they see around them.

Children also tend not to be able to see the bigger picture. Because young children usually focus on what's right in front of them and tend to not think too far ahead, they may not realize the full effects of what behaviors like meanness, exclusion, or bullying can have on other kids. And kids are naturally self-centered, which means that they aren’t always able to put themselves in someone else’s shoes or make a conscious effort to think about how someone else might feel. That does not mean, however, that kids are naturally unkind.

Ways You Can Teach Your Kids Kindness and Why You Should

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to show kindness book

Kindness can be learned like any other skill. It seems like such a simple quality, but unless we teach children to be kind, it won't become an integral part of their being.

Fortunately, there are a lot of ways we can help children embrace the concept of being kind to themselves, others, and our planet.

One of the most effective ways is to surround them with books, stories, and activities which promote kindness and empathy.

29 Books and Activities That Teach Kindness to Children

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind.”

Pearl S. Buck

“Every minute of every hour of every day you are making the world just as you are making yourself, and you might as well do it with generosity and kindness and style.”

Rebecca Solnit

“Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dozens more at this location -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
BookRoo quotes about kindness - over 100! - eg -

“I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.”

Khalil Gibran

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The greatest cause in the world is joyfully rescuing people from hell, meeting their earthly needs, making them glad in God, and doing it with a kind, serious pleasure that makes Christ look like the Treasure he is.”

John Piper, Don't Waste Your Life

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Kinder than is necessary. Because it’s not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed. Why I love that line, that concept, is that it reminds me that we carry with us, as human beings, not just the capacity to be kind, but the very choice of kindness.”

R. J. Palacio, Wonder

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love.”

Cheryl Strayed

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Simple Ways You Can Make a Stranger’s Day

This list of ideas can help you to spread happiness and joy around the world - to the people you see on the street, encounter on social media - and to millions of people you may never know, see or meet. Each idea listed below to improve a stranger’s day is easy to actualize, and sure to have a strong positive impact.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Looks to be one huge site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Make people smile - esp this site -

Figuring out how to make people smile doesn’t always have to involve a grand gesture. It can be the smallest, most seemingly insignificant thing and still get the job done.

And it’s an important job.

You never know what is going on in someone’s world… and your unexpected gesture or kind words may be just what they need to turn their day around!

All the best!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Acts of Kindness for Kids

But did you know that while kindness is one of the most powerful character traits, 80% of middle schoolers ranked personal success as more important than kindness?

According to parentingkindkids.com, 80% of kids also think their parents rank personal success as more important than caring for others.

But despite this, of course, we all want to raise caring kids. And we all want to be kind ourselves.

I want to shout from the rooftops, “Above all else, always choose kindness.”

What’s one way we can choose kindness?

We can encourage our children to engage in acts of kindness, and we can also model acts of kindness.