• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness difficult people

Have you ever been really frustrated or annoyed with someone’s behavior, maybe even deciding to dislike or shun them, only to find out later that there was a good reason for them to be having a really off day?

Have you been that rude or snappy person yourself? I know I have.

It’s easy to judge people if they’re different from you. Maybe they weren’t taught the same polite manners that you were taught to require of yourself and others. Maybe, because of a differing background, they jump to a negative conclusion about you, because you dress or speak differently. Maybe because of their habitually prickly or unappealing demeanor, they’re used to rejection or being poorly received. It’s become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Often those who are more challenging to love have had a much more difficult life—and let’s face it, being born into various privileges, as many of us have been, is nothing that anyone can personally take credit for. “There but for the grace of God go I,” as the saying goes.

Read more at this blog -

5 Ways to Use Kindness to Defuse a Difficult Person

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A Year of Living Kindly explores what a kind life entails and provides suggestions for how each of us can strengthen our kindness muscle so living a life of kindness becomes ever easier and more natural.

In these pages you’ll see how a commitment to kindness will improve your life in countless ways, and ultimately can be world-changing. You’ll discover:

• Why choosing kindness is good for you
  • Why extending and receiving kindness are often difficult
  • What the barriers are to kindness and how to overcome them
  • What to do when you’re faced with unkindness and incivility
  • How kindness is a strength that will bring you peace and happiness
Using stories, observation, humor, and summaries of expert research—Donna Cameron shares her experience committing to 365 days of practicing kindness. In 52 bite-sized chapters, you’ll learn not only the hows of kindness, but also the whys. This practical guide will shine a light on how we can create a better, safer, and more just world, and will help any reader make a life-changing commitment to kindness.

Visit his site -

A Year of Living Kindly – The Book

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The power of empathy -

"Empathy allows us to see the connections between us, making strangers less strange, foreigners less foreign. When we adopt other people's perspectives, we do more than step into their shoes — we use their eyes, we borrow their skin, we feel their hearts beating within us, we lose ourselves and enter into their world, as if we were them. I emphasize those words once again because they are so critically important and so often misunderstood. With empathy, we do not step into others' experience to see it with our eyes — empathy demands that we see it with their eyes. Through that experience we are fundamentally changed, for we see with a sudden, startling clarity that we are the other. All the good and the bad that we see in them we can also recognize in ourselves. The hurt, the shame, the fear of humiliation, the desire for revenge — these are as much parts of our own souls as the quest for honesty, the humble spirit, the forgiving heart.

The Power of Empathy by Katherine Ketcham, Arthur P. Ciaramicoli | Book Excerpt | Spirituality & Practice

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Positive psychology books kindness - plus suggested searches? -

The “Different Ways of Sharingworksheet shows children different ways they can give themselves to others. It is also available at keepyourchildsafe.org.

The worksheet includes a space for children to ponder how they can share their time, their knowledge and also their love helping them understand how empathy and compassion work.

Children can also explore ways to share their concern or share their life experiences.

28 Compassion Books, Exercises, & TED Talks - PositivePsychology.com

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The neuroscience and social science research is clear: kindness changes the brain by the experience of kindness. Children and adolescents do not learn kindness by only thinking about it and talking about it. Kindness best learned by feeling it so that they can reproduce it. Kindness is an emotion that students feel and empathy is a strength that they share.

The Positive Psychology of Kindness

Plus scroll down to a few kind links.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If ever there was a time when empathy and kindness were sorely needed in the world, it is today. Along with being the right thing to do, practicing empathy cultivates compassion, love, and kindness towards family members and neighbors.

This article has provided readers with a myriad of tools for enhancing these essential qualities. It contains helpful books for adults wishing to become more empathetic, as well as resources for teachers and parents wanting to promote kindness and compassion in children.

15 Must-Read Empathy Books for Cultivating Kindness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
quote-10-times-final-640x640.png

More quotes at this interesting little site -

What Matters Most In Life? 12 Quotes To Remind You How To Be Happy

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness matters? -

Being kind seems like a bit of a no-brainer – right? We’ve all seen spiteful comments on social media and rioting in the news. Showing kindness seems to be on a downward spiral – especially when it comes to our ability to care for those who look, worship or vote differently than we do. And then I hear a story like this one and feel like maybe there is still hope.

For the rising generation to grow into kind, respectful, and responsible adults they need to see examples. This only happens if we practice and show by regular example how to be kind to our family, friends, and neighbors.

Comes from here -

https://www.choosingwisdom.org/kindness-matters/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness is a choice -

If there is one thing I can tell you about managing your life so that you can love it, it’s this: no matter how blessed you feel most of the time, there will always be stresses and challenges. The way you manage those challenges will define the reactions you choose. I understand that advice is never one-size-fits all, yet I am absolutely certain that this nugget is universal: choose kindness.

I know it sounds trite or rote, but choosing to be kind in the face of any adversity will help you in whatever your current crisis might be, and that kindness will also assist you in managing your future responses.

https://debrasmouse.com/kindness-always-choice/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness feeds the soul -

Do you ever think to yourself, “I’m always nice to people, but I really don’t have the time, energy, money or (fill-in-the-blank) to go around doing random acts of kindness?”

I used to think that way. I used to think the inconvenience of doing an act of kindness just wouldn’t be worth the reward.

Well, I was wrong. The opportunity to be kind is everywhere. You just have to slow down enough to see it, hear it and seize it. And the reward is definitely worth the effort.

Kindness Feeds the Soul - Nicole J. Phillips

Cheers!